Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][66] ★ Coin 66 ★ - page 21. (Read 56047 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 250
May 27, 2015, 03:05:59 AM
Finally I can enter bitcointalk.org jejejej,
Greetings I am already, testing the new version, in testnet so far everything is going well in the coming days I will launch the wallet.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 19, 2015, 01:56:33 AM
Ok finally I am syncing.  Id forgot to delete the old data files.
Activity: 251
Fuck I hate this site
May 18, 2015, 08:25:42 PM
Sa_ddam213 posted earlier:
"It needs a code change to continue, GetBlockTeplate returns negative numbers so you will NEVER find another block on the network, which mean nothing is EVER going to confirm."

I'm already working on the problem, I hope to finish as soon as possible !!

Let me know if you need any help, or anything like that Smiley
May 18, 2015, 04:28:57 PM
"It needs a code change to continue, GetBlockTeplate returns negative numbers so you will NEVER find another block on the network, which mean nothing is EVER going to confirm."

I'm already working on the problem, I hope to finish as soon as possible !!
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
May 18, 2015, 04:03:55 PM
May 18, 2015, 03:55:18 PM
I finally got back around here and see we have a new wallet version.

I attempted to connect using the listed nodes in the ANN but didn't get any connections but using some old nodes I have I do get connections so as above, its apparent still people on the old version.

I don't see a need to make a new coin, that would just abandon and piss off everyone who's been mining and holding out hope for the current version up to this point and I can't see people taking to a new version after losing everything they've spent a year mining or buying.

What are you mining?  The coin is run out.  We need a new wallet for syncing.

I haven't mined 66 in quite some time, most of the 66 I have was mined almost a year ago.

Why would we need a new wallet to sync?  If everyone shared the peers they connect to when they connect and updated to the new version we could all get synced.

Here are the 2 I am connected to.

37.123.187.99:36666
37.59.27.14:36666
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
May 18, 2015, 03:07:29 PM

I attempted to connect using the listed nodes in the ANN but didn't get any connections but using some old nodes I have I do get connections so as above, its apparent still people on the old version.

I don't see a need to make a new coin, that would just abandon and piss off everyone who's been mining and holding out hope for the current version up to this point and I can't see people taking to a new version after losing everything they've spent a year mining or buying.

What are you mining?  The coin is run out.  We need a new wallet for syncing.
May 18, 2015, 03:05:52 PM

legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/
May 17, 2015, 09:51:24 PM
Do you think you put out a quick wallet to keep things moving and trading, and fix GetBlockTemplate to return positive numbers?

At least we can get it moving and trading again. I'll mine it at zero reward with a spare asic for four or five months, until you figure out a longer term approach. I don't care. I have several little GAW asics around that don't consume much power. I'll just set it and forget it.
May 17, 2015, 09:45:41 PM
I've seen so many small coins blow the transition to POS. There is a lot that can go wrong, apparently.

I'd suggest a dust reward, like  1 sat per block, just to keep some low hash on the network. It doesn't need much... this is a collectible hodl coin, it'll never be used in commerce.

Or just leave reward at zero and raise the network fee to pay the miners.

A cheap scrypt asic on this would keep the network humming along without incident, and the inflation is negligible.

Honestly I do not have in mind implement POS I've never trusted or believed in this encryption,

for I recreate 66coin from 0, the official encryption is Scrypt and SHA256 with a higher reward, and various other things, to attract miners
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/
May 17, 2015, 09:38:36 PM
I've seen so many small coins blow the transition to POS. There is a lot that can go wrong, apparently.

I'd suggest a dust reward, like  1 sat per block, just to keep some low hash on the network. It doesn't need much... this is a collectible hodl coin, it'll never be used in commerce.

Or just leave reward at zero and raise the network fee to pay the miners.

A cheap scrypt asic on this would keep the network humming along without incident, and the inflation is negligible.
May 17, 2015, 09:36:16 PM
What should we do to get this running again?

I have 0.8.1, and am connected only to 0.8.1 connections. I'm mining with 2mhz, which should be enough to find blocks at this difficulty, but I'm not getting any blocks after several hours.

Would it help if for the time being, we created 66.conf files that that only connect to other 0.8.1 wallets?

I did this by using connect=(0.8.1 node ip)  and limiting  my maxconnections= to prevent older wallets from connecting.

Is there anything else we can do to jump start this?

It needs a code change to continue, GetBlockTeplate returns negative numbers so you will NEVER find another block on the network, which mean nothing is EVER going to confirm.

The dev needs to fix this ASAP

No Blocks = No Confirmations

Without working deposits/withdraws we have had to suspend trading, but people cant even withdraw their coins.

As far as I can see there are 3 options:

1. Change the code to generate 0 reward blocks, so mining can still move the network, but may be hard to find people willing to mine for txfees only
2. Change the code to increase the total coin amount and continue as normal
3. Implement a POS feature, would still require a greater than 66 coin total, but would allow transactions to move without mining.

This problem is NOT going to be fixed by people all connecting to a certain node version, not even sure why anyone would think that.

I am with you and am willing to create a new version in fact already had thought and said, the only problem is that many miners will like losing all 66coin that have undermined and time invested.

keep looking solution to this problem.
Activity: 616
May 17, 2015, 06:29:10 PM
Well, this doesn´t sound like anywhere near to rocket science territory so probably it´ll be implemented soon or so I hope. Good luck, g
legendary
May 17, 2015, 06:28:28 PM
I like #3, a POS version is the way to go.
Activity: 251
Fuck I hate this site
May 17, 2015, 05:51:27 PM

I have 0.8.1, and am connected only to 0.8.1 connections. I'm mining with 2mhz, which should be enough to find blocks at this difficulty, but I'm not getting any blocks after several hours.

Would it help if for the time being, we created 66.conf files that that only connect to other 0.8.1 wallets?

I did this by using connect=(0.8.1 node ip)  and limiting  my maxconnections= to prevent older wallets from connecting.

It needs a code change to continue, GetBlockTeplate returns negative numbers so you will NEVER find another block on the network, which mean nothing is EVER going to confirm.

The dev needs to fix this ASAP

No Blocks = No Confirmations

Without working deposits/withdraws we have had to suspend trading, but people cant even withdraw their coins.

As far as I can see there are 3 options:

1. Change the code to generate 0 reward blocks, so mining can still move the network, but may be hard to find people willing to mine for txfees only
2. Change the code to increase the total coin amount and continue as normal
3. Implement a POS feature, would still require a greater than 66 coin total, but would allow transactions to move without mining.

This problem is NOT going to be fixed by people all connecting to a certain node version, not even sure why anyone would think that.
legendary
May 17, 2015, 03:34:33 PM

I did this by using connect=(0.8.1 node ip)  and limiting  my maxconnections= to prevent older wallets from connecting.

I reloaded the whole block chain and still not synced.  Also I thought POW was over now?
Activity: 616
May 17, 2015, 03:32:15 PM
Isn´t this crypto thing supposed to run according to some theory ? You mine a coin until everything has been mined and then supposedly the concept continues somehow. Right ?
legendary
keybase.io/fallingknife/
May 17, 2015, 02:59:25 PM

May 15, 2015, 10:08:19 PM
What do we need to do to make the wallet sync?
Hi madmartyk
No need full sync friend but if you do, delete everything except wallet.dat

I still have unconfirmed coins.

I understand you my friend, we are almost all on the same here is the problem that we Coin unconfirmed, are several people with the old wallet.

{
        "addr" : "162.255.117.105:63897",
        "services" : "00000001",
        "lastsend" : 1431741451,
        "lastrecv" : 1431741451,
        "conntime" : 1431730644,
        "version" : 60001,
        "subver" : "/66:0.7.0/",
        "inbound" : true,
        "releasetime" : 0,
        "startingheight" : 580364,
        "banscore" : 0
    },
    {
        "addr" : "37.59.27.14:45806",
        "lastsend" : 1431740939,
        "lastrecv" : 1431741323,
        "conntime" : 1431735610,
    },
   {
        "addr" : "98.211.233.27:54869",
        "lastsend" : 1431740771,
        "lastrecv" : 1431740770,
        "conntime" : 1431740770,
    }

there are several more people..
legendary
May 15, 2015, 10:01:51 PM
What do we need to do to make the wallet sync?
Hi madmartyk
No need full sync friend but if you do, delete everything except wallet.dat

I still have unconfirmed coins.
Pages:
Jump to: