Author

Topic: 🤖[ANN][BIS]Bismuth 2.0 - Beyond DeFi - page 129. (Read 156111 times)

legendary
Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050
@MRCASHKING
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
August 05, 2017, 10:32:21 PM
Also does anyone have a Slack invite link?
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
August 05, 2017, 10:26:59 PM
Pool information is here:

Dev-pool (may be getting some updates): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20081310

Acc-pool: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20173585
Using the ACC-Pool method how do i limit the amount of threads the miner uses?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 05, 2017, 04:54:55 PM
Great. Thanks for the info!
Activity: 364
Merit: 264
August 05, 2017, 04:03:05 PM
Very interested in Bismuth.  Is it best to wait for it to be added to exchanged or is it still worth trying to mine?  Any guesses on the first exchange it might be added too?

Join slack and search #exchanges. To summarize, both Bittrex and Cryptopia have contacted the dev requesting additional methods to be implemented.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
August 05, 2017, 12:37:14 PM
Very interested in Bismuth.  Is it best to wait for it to be added to exchanged or is it still worth trying to mine?  Any guesses on the first exchange it might be added too?
Activity: 546
Merit: 137
August 04, 2017, 02:21:14 AM
Any news about listing Bismuth Coin to an exchange?
August 03, 2017, 12:39:23 AM
Pool information is here:

Dev-pool (may be getting some updates): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20081310

Acc-pool: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20173585
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
August 02, 2017, 02:25:58 PM
Another interesting project, TOR, Python, CPU minable. I think I'm going to start my old Dual-XEON server.
But at first would like to know where is some pool, because in OP links, the first one is not working, and second one
is link to slack. So anyone can en-light this to me?

I would jump into the slack and get in touch with the guys in the #pool channel. They will have the info needed to hop on the mining train.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
August 02, 2017, 12:57:06 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a question.
What hardware do you recommend to mine CPU coin. For example to mine Bismuth (BIS) OR Zero coin based on Zcash by CPU.
If you have a link where I can grab more info it will be helpful
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
August 02, 2017, 11:08:23 AM
Another interesting project, TOR, Python, CPU minable. I think I'm going to start my old Dual-XEON server.
But at first would like to know where is some pool, because in OP links, the first one is not working, and second one
is link to slack. So anyone can en-light this to me?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
August 01, 2017, 06:40:29 PM
I just don't understand why difficulty is so high considering it's supposed to be CPU mining only, could it be bots maybe? not sure if it's worth mining.
Activity: 750
Merit: 511
August 01, 2017, 06:58:10 AM
Thanks for single file ledger.db on github.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
August 01, 2017, 02:15:24 AM
I have exactly the same problem. Thanks for the link, but I wonder if this synchronisation issue is being addressed?

Healthy blockchain should be easy to sync without snapshots. Right now, it looks like snapshots of the ledger are the only way to sync this. Without them, the chain keeps going back and forward, gets some blocks, then rewinds back. I though that is just my node, but it seems to be a common issue.

Isn't this a serious issue to address?

P.S. One additional small question: what is the right way to do a backup? Is making a copy of "privkey.der" enough, or other files may be needed too?

I have experienced the same with the last few wallets I tried installing and syncing. The number of blocks climbs and then keeps jumping back down. So I am never in complete sync. Just gets stuck somewhere rewinding over and over.
Hey guys,

Having issues syncing after removing VPN. Network blocks that im behind are actually increasing once i try to sync. How can i start the syncing again from the begining?

Try this up to date, place in bismuth folder/static:

https://mega.nz/#!tdJkER6Q!Z9wBdNVXmQv0LXRft722s2JBXDh20YPsl_RxFwxOivs

I have exactly the same problem. Thanks for the link, but I wonder if this synchronisation issue is being addressed?

Healthy blockchain should be easy to sync without snapshots. Right now, it looks like snapshots of the ledger are the only way to sync this. Without them, the chain keeps going back and forward, gets some blocks, then rewinds back. I though that is just my node, but it seems to be a common issue.

P.S. One additional small question: what is the right way to do a backup? Is making a copy of "privkey.der" enough, or other files may be needed too?

To my understanding, this is what the hard fork for 3.9 is trying to accomplish. Remember Bismuth is an *experimental* Python blockchain.

Backing up privkey.der is enough, but might as well back up pubkey.der to save a step of having to regenerate it.
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
there are 2 types of pools atm.
a closed source, developed by a community member and an open source, developed by hclievess.

search through topic to find the information or join slack.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Let me announce there will be a 3.9 hardfork on August 1 to improve mining difficulty tapering and to introduce full data serialization (mainly on the network level)
The hardfork will be immediate with the new client and old clients will be diverted to a fork, because communication protocol dramatically changes

Do we have a steady pool now? Or an exchange?
Activity: 278
Merit: 258
Twitter: @maccaspacca1
To make a wallet backup you need pubkey.der and privkey.der (or privkey_encrypted.der)
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
Hey guys,

Having issues syncing after removing VPN. Network blocks that im behind are actually increasing once i try to sync. How can i start the syncing again from the begining?

Try this up to date, place in bismuth folder/static:

https://mega.nz/#!tdJkER6Q!Z9wBdNVXmQv0LXRft722s2JBXDh20YPsl_RxFwxOivs

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Maybe stupid question:

How do we upgrade a wallet? I'm running the windows version with gui.
Jump to: