Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 461. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 515
A little summary for some important questions and answers :

Blocknet fees have to be paid in something right?

We're offering the community a chance to earn Blocknet fees by owning shares (tokens).

In return, the Blocknet gets development funding.

You're right, Blocknet tokens are not used for currency conversions.

They're used to allocated fee-revenue to holders.

They're also used to express the value of the Blocknet.

And, lastly, they're used to enable community-ownership of Blocknet assets.

Personally I'd love some proof-of-concept code to be released prior to the ITO.

Part of the XBridge code is actually completed so this might be possible.

Regardless of that, the XBridge protocol is based on the Xnode protocol that XC uses. If anyone is worried about development talent or the ability to deliver, take a look at XC's timeline.

Now pool all the developer talent from all the participating coins.

This code will get nailed down good and proper.

You're right. All current participating coins are included for their genuine (and relevant) innovation.

Personally I'm not averse to large user-bases by any means though. :-)

Thanks for the summary, but I still don't understand what would Blocknet take fees for if not currency conversion. This way it seems like just another coin with own blockchain and ability to interconnect other blockchains.

Wrong Blocknet is the Hosting.  

XC, Fibre, Swift and all other coins are the "APPLICATIONS"       .

Applications can make money.

Money can be shared.

Shareholders are Blocknet

Shareholders are Coins Participating

Shareholders are Maintenance Fees

That is my summary. And if I am honest I am looking forward to that. That gives a lot of possibilities.
Activity: 427
Merit: 250

We're offering the community a chance to earn Blocknet fees by owning shares (tokens).

Regardless of that, the XBridge protocol is based on the Xnode protocol that XC uses. If anyone is worried about development talent or the ability to deliver, take a look at XC's timeline.

You're right. All current participating coins are included for their genuine (and relevant) innovation.

Thanks for the summary, but I still don't understand what would Blocknet take fees for if not currency conversion. This way it seems like just another coin with own blockchain and ability to interconnect other blockchains.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
What decentralized stock platform will the Blocknet Shares be based on? Nxt, counterparty, BitsharesX, Mastercoin or some new platform?
How will the destruction of the unsold Blocknet shares be proven? proof of burn, or something else?
Will the usage of the gathered funds (2500BTC) be transparant and visible on the blockchain with regular Proof of Reserves?

The project looks amazing and i really hope you guys can pull it off, but the above questions need answering to access and gain the trust of a large market.

kind regards
Bytas

Good questions. Thanks.

Blocknet tokens will initially be sold on Poloniex, Bittrex, and CoinGateway.

Then, once the Blocknet gains the capacity to pay fees to holders, tokens will be redeemable for assets on the NHZ asset exchange.

After the ITO, any unsold tokens will be provably destroyed.

The Blocknet's funds will always be publicly visible. Furthermore the Blocknet Foundation will give public account for expenditures.

In the OP you state that if less than 2500 BTC is invested you will still proceed with the project. What is the bare minimum? Why do you need more than the minimum to proceed with the project? If you can do the project with 1000 BTC reduce the size of the ITO and make outside investors more happy. No need to talk about profits and other shit.

Good question!
Activity: 378
What decentralized stock platform will the Blocknet Shares be based on? Nxt, counterparty, BitsharesX, Mastercoin or some new platform?
How will the destruction of the unsold Blocknet shares be proven? proof of burn, or something else?
Will the usage of the gathered funds (2500BTC) be transparant and visible on the blockchain with regular Proof of Reserves?

The project looks amazing and i really hope you guys can pull it off, but the above questions need answering to access and gain the trust of a large market.

kind regards
Bytas

Great to see the Fibre community out in force!
Activity: 323

kind regards
Bytas
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Dont forget you get a 10% discount on the ITO price when purchasing with participating coins. There's surely some profits to be made on the deal.

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

How i get this discount? Thanks

You will be able to buy BlockNet shares with particitaping currencies at 10% discount , there will be special pairs for it like XC/BLockNet , FIBRE/BLocknet...
lol, not sure if it was intentional but there's a secret message!
Activity: 462
In the OP you state that if less than 2500 BTC is invested you will still proceed with the project. What is the bare minimum? Why do you need more than the minimum to proceed with the project? If you can do the project with 1000 BTC reduce the size of the ITO and make outside investors more happy. No need to talk about profits and other shit.
^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Dont forget you get a 10% discount on the ITO price when purchasing with participating coins. There's surely some profits to be made on the deal.

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

purchasing this coin is a good investment.

Of Course good price and 10 % discount
Activity: 882
^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

purchasing this coin is a good investment.
legendary
Activity: 2310
^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

You will be able to buy BlockNet shares with particitaping currencies at 10% discount , there will be special pairs for it like XC/BLockNet , FIBRE/BLocknet...
legendary
^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

Buy Blocknet tokens with any participating currency.

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter

legendary
Activity: 910
Activity: 378
^^ Thanks Mxxxxxx!

Regards
Killa

FIBRE Thread

Fibre Twitter
legendary
Activity: 2310

I would like to apologise for the inclusion of the "Reasons to buy Blocknet shares" paragraph in the OP.

It was not intended as investment advice, but rather as a cursory summation of fundamentals.

It has now been removed.

Thank you for the update, but it is still unclear why Blocknet shares are needed at all.

i was merely commenting on others points that they brought up while injecting my own point of view that i don't think tokens are needed in order to do currency conversions, which both supernet and blocknet use. Bit/Black halo has already shown that crosschain trading can be done without the need for a token. This is merely my opinion as a person.

I want to clarify, that although without some sort of tangible proof-of-concept I believe this is purely a vehicle for market manipulation, I also fully support this project and will be following it closely.  Grin

coins like ppc or doge would bring a huge userbase to blocknet which is just as important as the unique and innovative features of the current blocknet coins. so this is not about neither the one or the other , both well known coins and new innovative coins can benefit from taking part in the blocknet.

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley

I think the BlockNet targets tech, not userbase. For real? Doge, gtfo with that shitcoin, it's just a plain stupid copy-paste of litecoin, no tech at all in that one.

Activity: 882
coins like ppc or doge would bring a huge userbase to blocknet which is just as important as the unique and innovative features of the current blocknet coins. so this is not about neither the one or the other , both well known coins and new innovative coins can benefit from taking part in the blocknet.

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley

I think the BlockNet targets tech, not userbase. For real? Doge, gtfo with that shitcoin, it's just a plain stupid copy-paste of litecoin, no tech at all in that one.

i wouldn't mind the doge users to increase my possible Xmixer income one bit. i'm not forced to use doge just cause they join the blocknet. the bigger it gets the better.
legendary
Intelligent people do have doubts of course. I agree with this:

So, omitting bizarre revenue calculations in the OP, what would generate dividents for Blocknet share holders? Why are these shares needed in the first place? Where are they used?
Even though I am a long term XC supporter and Blocknet idea itself looks interesting, the way it is put looks like incoherent attempt to exploit greed of those not paying much attention to details or simply new to cryptos.

I am eager to be proven wrong.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7629.0

No promises, no contracts, no security.

you guys are promising 450% expected return....

i think you guys shot yourself in the foot...horribly worded op, no consideration of laws and legal structure...especially with the impending sec investigation into 4 cryptocurrencies for unregulated securities...what is wrong with you

delete the post now

Are you people that dumb and ignorant? How are they promising anything?

- BlockNET real value SHOULD equate the total combined value of every coin, mathematically, practically is another story, but still there is not promise out there
- A gain in price CAN be expected after the ITO, again I don't see any promise here. Just like you CAN expect to die from cancer in X Time, that does not mean that you will die for sure.

You people going to fast profits with something, ignoring all the real usable value with a tech, are pathetic, and you always talk about money.

I never seen a post containing an Idea, or a tech question, a vision, etc. Just plain stupid profit questions and issues.

Hear hear.

And for the record, the paragraph in the OP pertaining to profits has been removed.
Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!
Intelligent people do have doubts of course. I agree with this:

So, omitting bizarre revenue calculations in the OP, what would generate dividents for Blocknet share holders? Why are these shares needed in the first place? Where are they used?
Even though I am a long term XC supporter and Blocknet idea itself looks interesting, the way it is put looks like incoherent attempt to exploit greed of those not paying much attention to details or simply new to cryptos.

I am eager to be proven wrong.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7629.0

No promises, no contracts, no security.

you guys are promising 450% expected return....

i think you guys shot yourself in the foot...horribly worded op, no consideration of laws and legal structure...especially with the impending sec investigation into 4 cryptocurrencies for unregulated securities...what is wrong with you

delete the post now

Are you people that dumb and ignorant? How are they promising anything?

- BlockNET real value SHOULD equate the total combined value of every coin, mathematically, practically is another story, but still there is not promise out there
- A gain in price CAN be expected after the ITO, again I don't see any promise here. Just like you CAN expect to die from cancer in X Time, that does not mean that you will die for sure.

You people going to fast profits with something, ignoring all the real usable value with a tech, are pathetic, and you always talk about money.

I never seen a post containing an Idea, or a tech question, a vision, etc. Just plain stupid profit questions and issues.
legendary

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley

Jump to: