Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 460. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Personally I see $1,000,000 as a little over the top for development funds(2500 x $400 BTC).  Half that would be stretching it, but would not be as hard a pill to swallow.

I would suggest an share offering capped to 1250 BTC @ .000125 per share.

And to those who are apologists for not having a demonstrable product for 2500 BTC up front by saying "this is crypto man", sorry that's a pathetic point of view.

"Here's a million bucks man...  No no don't worry man it's crypto just tell us when you're done..."

FFS can you imagine living life like that?

I have faith this project can succeed but man...  "this is crypto... here you go!" /hands over bag of money  --> Yoink!
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
Ok, thanks for the answers.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
If you are going to escrow for large amount of BTC please get a reputable third party to escrow. Don't just use bittrex, use a 3 way BTC address or something

So we don't have a moopal 2.0

Yes, for sure. Who would you personally recommend?
legendary
Basically they are replacing btc as a median and using blocknet shares in its place. Thats what it looks like to me when its all boiled down. Rather than pay tx's fees to miners using btc and an exchange fee. You use blocknet shares and the fee is split up among the holders of the shares.

Hm...
Should I pay twice to use, say, VPN provided by some node then? Once - to the node itself for the service, and second - to the Blocknet for being able to communicate with the node. This way? And those Blocknet shares are distributed to share holders, right? And is the Blocknet protected with kinda PoS?

No you don't pay twice. You pay the service provider, and the service provider pays the Blocknet fee.

Yes, Blocknet fees are distributed to holders.

My guess is that the Blocknet will have a PoS system, though I haven't been informed of the specifics yet.

Hm again... This way the service provider will have to continuously refill his BS supply driving its price up. With lots of providers it will soon become pretty high. How would you regulate the fee so that it wouldn't cause the price of the service itself to go up (to keep it reasonable for provider to keep on working)?

Given that any node on any currency can provide a service, it will not be necessary for that node to somehow store Blocknet tokens in addition to whatever currency it's from.

The node would simply render the service, and a fee in its own currency will be deducted from the tx and automatically exchanged for a small amount of Blocknet tokens by the decentralised exchange.

This has the advantage of the fee levels automatically adjusting even if the price of Blocknet tokens skyrockets. In fact, we could pick a baseline price in the most stable currency (or by a smart index tracking USD, or whatever....) and use it to measure the rest by - or even exchange for this currency initially before converting to Blocknet tokens.

legendary
What decentralized stock platform will the Blocknet Shares be based on? Nxt, counterparty, BitsharesX, Mastercoin or some new platform?
How will the destruction of the unsold Blocknet shares be proven? proof of burn, or something else?
Will the usage of the gathered funds (2500BTC) be transparant and visible on the blockchain with regular Proof of Reserves?

The project looks amazing and i really hope you guys can pull it off, but the above questions need answering to access and gain the trust of a large market.

kind regards
Bytas

Good questions. Thanks.

Blocknet tokens will initially be sold on Poloniex, Bittrex, and CoinGateway.

Then, once the Blocknet gains the capacity to pay fees to holders, tokens will be redeemable for assets on the NHZ asset exchange.

After the ITO, any unsold tokens will be provably destroyed.

The Blocknet's funds will always be publicly visible. Furthermore the Blocknet Foundation will give public account for expenditures.

You didn't answer the core of the questions. Tongue

The tokens, on what blockchain technology will they be issued? The exchange doesn't really matter for me, decentralized consensus about their whereabouts does.
what does "Provably destroyed" mean (method and technicalities please Wink )?  

A public account of expenditures sounds good!
We'll also need the Blocknet Dev's to make themselves known (proof of identity) before the ITO starts, so we can make a reliable decision and a certain measure of due diligence is present.

I'm looking forward to this. Smiley

Oh sorry, I misinterpreted your previous question.

For simplicity the tokens will initially be created on a regular blockchain (its own one - PoS I think).

Once the Blocknet's technology has been created these tokens will be redeemable for assets on the NHZ asset exchange.

"Provably destroyed" pertains to proof-of-burn. I've not been briefed on any further specifics on this though. Sorry :-)

I agree entirely about developers making their identities know before the ITO. It's important to us and to the public that trust is established.

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
hope there is no ipo,no ico and not scrypt algo. Cheesy
Activity: 324
If you are going to escrow for large amount of BTC please get a reputable third party to escrow. Don't just use bittrex, use a 3 way BTC address or something

So we don't have a moopal 2.0
Activity: 427
Basically they are replacing btc as a median and using blocknet shares in its place. Thats what it looks like to me when its all boiled down. Rather than pay tx's fees to miners using btc and an exchange fee. You use blocknet shares and the fee is split up among the holders of the shares.

Hm...
Should I pay twice to use, say, VPN provided by some node then? Once - to the node itself for the service, and second - to the Blocknet for being able to communicate with the node. This way? And those Blocknet shares are distributed to share holders, right? And is the Blocknet protected with kinda PoS?

No you don't pay twice. You pay the service provider, and the service provider pays the Blocknet fee.

My guess is that the Blocknet will have a PoS system, though I haven't been informed of the specifics yet.

Hm again... This way the service provider will have to continuously refill his BS supply driving its price up. With lots of providers it will soon become pretty high. How would you regulate the fee so that it wouldn't cause the price of the service itself to go up (to keep it reasonable for provider to keep on working)?
Activity: 323
What decentralized stock platform will the Blocknet Shares be based on? Nxt, counterparty, BitsharesX, Mastercoin or some new platform?
How will the destruction of the unsold Blocknet shares be proven? proof of burn, or something else?
Will the usage of the gathered funds (2500BTC) be transparant and visible on the blockchain with regular Proof of Reserves?

The project looks amazing and i really hope you guys can pull it off, but the above questions need answering to access and gain the trust of a large market.

kind regards
Bytas

Good questions. Thanks.

Blocknet tokens will initially be sold on Poloniex, Bittrex, and CoinGateway.

Then, once the Blocknet gains the capacity to pay fees to holders, tokens will be redeemable for assets on the NHZ asset exchange.

After the ITO, any unsold tokens will be provably destroyed.

The Blocknet's funds will always be publicly visible. Furthermore the Blocknet Foundation will give public account for expenditures.

You didn't answer the core of the questions. Tongue

The tokens, on what blockchain technology will they be issued? The exchange doesn't really matter for me, decentralized consensus about their whereabouts does.
what does "Provably destroyed" mean (method and technicalities please Wink )?  

A public account of expenditures sounds good!
We'll also need the Blocknet Dev's to make themselves known (proof of identity) before the ITO starts, so we can make a reliable decision and a certain measure of due diligence is present.

I'm looking forward to this. Smiley

legendary

Hm...

legendary
You would still have to pay transaction fees to miners of each coin. I still don't see the need for a microfee on top of the fee for using the "services". This shareholder "micro-fee" fee seems to exist only so shares can exist so there can be an IPO. Again, what's to prevent a fork of Blocknet without microfees?

Aha, I see where all this hypothesising has been going: some of you hope to show insufficient warrant for Blocknet fees and thereby undermine the rationale for Blocknet tokens and an ITO.

However:

- The Blocknet is the infrastructure that allows a coin to render a service. The Blocknet microfee expresses the value that the Blocknet adds.

- Fees are not just for currency conversion. They're for every time a node provides any service (and there's an indefinite number of potential types of service).

- Blocknet fees are not used to secure the network (and there won't be any mining).

- In a way, Blocknet fees are mildly analogous to tx fees in a proof-of-stake currency, where they don't go to miners, but simply deflate the money supply, thereby expressing the value of usage of a currency to the currency. Fees in the Blocknet express the value of the currency to holders.

Outside of currency design, fees are there for a really simple reason: we need funding to develop a whole lot of next-gen technology. So we're having an ITO and incentivising people to buy and hold shares.
legendary
Activity: 1008

legendary
Activity: 2310
What time zone will be release the ITO ?

All of the required information will be released soon
legendary
Activity: 882
What time zone will be release the ITO ?
legendary
Activity: 2310
You would still have to pay transaction fees to miners of each coin. I still don't see the need for a microfee on top of the fee for using the "services". This shareholder "micro-fee" fee seems to exist only so shares can exist so there can be an IPO. Again, what's to prevent a fork of Blocknet without microfees?

Thank you for the update, but it is still unclear why Blocknet shares are needed at all.

Blocknet fees have to be paid in something right?

We're offering the community a chance to earn Blocknet fees by owning shares (tokens).

In return, the Blocknet gets development funding.

Activity: 236
Merit: 100
I am a supporter of this initiative, but here's the elephant in the room.

I'm sure that I speak for most people when I say that for 2500 BTC worth of shares we would all like to see something running.  A working prototype or some sort of demonstrable technology showcasing what we can expect of a final product.

If I was buying shares in a flying car, I would like to at least see something that could float in the air as a proof of concept.

You must be new here. See: Ethereum. They literally have in their terms that the software itself may never even come to fruition, and that's part of the risk of participating in their IPO. And yet it was wildly successful.

I agree completely, but this is crypto, man. I highly doubt they'll make the 2500 from crowdfunding. What is more likely, is they have a couple people with significant bankrolls who can afford to buy out a significant share of the IPO. It's basically another way to hide a premine, they pay themselves some BTC for a significant portion of their own shares. Zero risk for them, big hype about zomg super successful IPO, etc.

The logic behind this multi-coin association is completely flawed without a technological proof-of-concept, as you said - until then it's just another token used to benefit the insiders while diminishing value of its constituent partners (the other coins). They talk a good talk, and they *will* have a successful IPO sale - the question is can you believe any of it, and the answer, as we've seen time and again in crypto - is no. Investing in the IPO is not an investment in this product, rather it's a bet that the insiders of this conglomerate have the competency and intent to use their large bankrolls and obfuscated token marketshare to pump the price up to the x4 goal they claim will be inherently  built into the design of this network. If they're savvy whales, that'd be pretty easy to do. Then they'll use that to sucker a new phase of buyers expecting the next rise, and so begins the tears for the not-so-savvy participants.

So, my point is - we won't get proof-of-concept or a demo. They don't need to give it. If they're not idiots they've *definitely* got the resources between these coin teams to self-buy and pump their own fresh IPO. Just like every other one, it's gonna be a big cash in for the insiders, a solid profit for intelligent traders, and a long line of bagholders wondering when the next update is.

Well some people GET IT!..nice post but as we have seen time and time again, the sheep being lead to the sheers are always smiling

Hm...
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Activity: 476
Wrong Blocknet is the Hosting.  

XC, Fibre, Swift and all other coins are the "APPLICATIONS"       .

Applications can make money.

Money can be shared.

Shareholders are Blocknet

Shareholders are Coins Participating

Shareholders are Maintenance Fees

That is my summary. And if I am honest I am looking forward to that. That gives a lot of possibilities.

From what I've read, it's not a hosting as all participating coins are able to function independently. If Blocknet was a hosting, they wouldn't be able to. Blocknet is a communication media, like ISPs. So who and for what would pay the Blocknet?

OP tells about "services" that coins would be able to provide for users of other coins. These services would be paid in particular coins and converted by the Blocknet. What is the part here that involves paying in Blocknet shares?

Wrong Blocknet is the Hosting.  

XC, Fibre, Swift and all other coins are the "APPLICATIONS"       .

Applications can make money.

Money can be shared.

Shareholders are Blocknet

Shareholders are Coins Participating

Shareholders are Maintenance Fees

That is my summary. And if I am honest I am looking forward to that. That gives a lot of possibilities.

From what I've read, it's not a hosting as all participating coins are able to function independently. If Blocknet was a hosting, they wouldn't be able to. Blocknet is a communication media, like ISPs. So who and for what would pay the Blocknet?

OP tells about "services" that coins would be able to provide for users of other coins. These services would be paid in particular coins and converted by the Blocknet. What is the part here that involves paying in Blocknet shares?
Jump to: