Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLT] Bolt: The currency for producers. ***JOIN NOW** - page 2. (Read 732 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 1
You say the Beta should be ready before 2019? Is the alpha ongoing? Can I participate?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Are there any other advantages to using Rai other than the ultra low transaction costs?
Speed, scalability, safety. Also the code base is very high quality and easy to build off of. We've forked raiblocks and will add the Diamond Lattice (masternodes + privacy + staking rewards + DAO) in the future.

Do you have a schedule for bounty campaigns? I heard you're doing multiple bounty campaigns?
We're currently working on an awareness bounty campaign for inviting your friends and followers to sign up to Bolt. If you register at join.bolt.bz you'll be notified when they're ready. I've also been posting updates in the Discord. You'll earn 1 BLT for each invitation who signs up plus half of your invitee's earnings. Your invitees also get 1 BLT and can also invite on their own.

We have bounty campaigns planed for miners, finding software bugs, and more. If there's something you'd like to do, feel free to ask and I can see about arranging a bounty for it. Our community is very open to giving people BLT for contributing.

Why is this the currency for producers? What about regular people, does that means we can't have this coins?
Will it limiting the investors of this project?
Anyone can earn BLT by Mining; you can also exchange BLT for products made by Producers. However, the focus is on assisting Producers. Mining in Bolt is very different from other currencies in that it is structured to help Producers make real products to build an economy around Bolt.

Bolt is a philanthropic project and we aren't trying to recruit investors. Anyone can contribute to the community by Mining, supporting DFOs, participating in Bounty campaigns, or any other way. However, Bolt is not an investment as Bolt tokens are not backed by anything, promise no profits or rewards, or have any inherent value.

Will you guys be attending Distributed 2018 in San Francisco July 19?
Bolt is still in too early a stage to consider the conference circuit. Once the Bolt marketplace is in Beta (late fall/early winter 2018) we will begin selecting conferences to attend.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
Will you guys be attending Distributed 2018 in San Francisco July 19?
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
Why is this the currency for producers? What about regular people, does that means we can't have this coins?
Will it limiting the investors of this project?
Activity: 588
Do you have a schedule for bounty campaigns? I heard you're doing multiple bounty campaigns?
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
Are there any other advantages to using Rai other than the ultra low transaction costs?
Wow! It seems to be a great idea for those of us who work as a freelancer. Hopefully believe it will taste the success. All unsold tokens will be burnt?
Freelancers can work for Producers to earn BLT, or apply for grants for their own projects.

Since there isn't an ICO, we don't need to burn any more tokens. The tokens are released at a rate of no more than 10% per year.

Would the system be built on Ethereum with ERC-20 or are you making a new system entirely?
Bolt is forked from Raiblocks and will eventually add staking, masternodes, and privacy with the Diamond Lattice. The speed, privacy, and cost of the Etheruem network makes it nonviable for us although it is great for many other projects.

I just assumed this was ERC-20 based like every other project, that's freaking awesome you guys are using Raiblocks! I've been a big fan of theirs for quite a while now. Can't beat their transaction fees.
Exactly!
Would the system be built on Ethereum with ERC-20 or are you making a new system entirely?
Bolt is forked from Raiblocks and will eventually add staking, masternodes, and privacy with the Diamond Lattice. The speed, privacy, and cost of the Etheruem network makes it nonviable for us although it is great for many other projects.

I just assumed this was ERC-20 based like every other project, that's freaking awesome you guys are using Raiblocks! I've been a big fan of theirs for quite a while now. Can't beat their transaction fees.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Wow! It seems to be a great idea for those of us who work as a freelancer. Hopefully believe it will taste the success. All unsold tokens will be burnt?
Activity: 512
If a project doesn't get funded, can they try again the next funding period?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: If by project you're talking about DFOs, then if a DFO doesn't get funded then the reasons for why that is need to be broken down. Is the team too inexperienced? Was it funded before but failed to achieve results? Whatever the reason, DFOs are responsible to the community and need to be excellent in every aspect.
If instead you mean Producers, then it gets a bit more complicated. Producers are funded in BLT by DFOs, which have many different goals, geographical focuses, and available funds. While it might make sense to reapply for funding from the same DFO, an unfunded project might just mean that your work is outside the scope of that DFO. If so, look for other DFOs to apply for grants from or bring up the issue with the community to found a new DFO to fill in the gap.
Activity: 248
If a project doesn't get funded, can they try again the next funding period?
Where is Bolt based out of? The US?

Almost all of the team is in the USA. We also have members from Korea, China, and Brazil. Our first sets of grants will also be in the US.
Activity: 644
Where is Bolt based out of? The US?

This actually makes perfect sense to me! I think it's awesome you can vote on which ones are funded. I guess people will get a chance to pitch their DFO's to get enough votes to get funded?

Yes. Right now the process if very informal, we are just discussing potential DFOs in the Discord chat. In the future we will be building a GUI to easily allow everyone to see, discuss, and vote on funding for DFOs. Feel free to join in with your own ideas!

Where can I find a link to your discord, this is reminding me of the show Shark Tank for some reason lol.

Hi Dreaming, here is a link to our Discord: https://discord.gg/6tC7adP.  Please feel free to invite as many people as you can!  We would love to discuss potential DFOs with you.

Thanks a lot for the link! I'd love to hear some ideas and be able to weigh in on them and possibly even get involved.
Activity: 3

This actually makes perfect sense to me! I think it's awesome you can vote on which ones are funded. I guess people will get a chance to pitch their DFO's to get enough votes to get funded?

Yes. Right now the process if very informal, we are just discussing potential DFOs in the Discord chat. In the future we will be building a GUI to easily allow everyone to see, discuss, and vote on funding for DFOs. Feel free to join in with your own ideas!

Where can I find a link to your discord, this is reminding me of the show Shark Tank for some reason lol.

Hi Dreaming, here is a link to our Discord: https://discord.gg/6tC7adP.  Please feel free to invite as many people as you can!  We would love to discuss potential DFOs with you.

The referral for mining does seems interesting, we even get a reward each time our referral making a progress on their mining.
I think this really is a good opportunity to build our passive income.

It's a great way to earn BLT! And in the process, you and your invitees are generating a lot of value to the community, creating a positive feedback loop.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
The referral for mining does seems interesting, we even get a reward each time our referral making a progress on their mining.
I think this really is a good opportunity to build our passive income.
Pages:
Jump to: