Author

Topic: [ANN]Bminer: a fast Equihash/Ethash/Cuckaroo29z miner for AMD/NVIDIA GPUs 16.4.9 - page 160. (Read 148347 times)

Activity: 487
Merit: 252
bou !
THANKS I saw this, but where should I put these command line? I am not pro API, thank you

Please take a look at https://www.bminer.me/examples. Thanks.

great as an answer! I saw this link! but it does not answer my question!
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Linux 1060 3Gb driver 387.34 -- 100% CPU load on one core, hashrate is like others...
Activity: 461
Merit: 49
THANKS I saw this, but where should I put these command line? I am not pro API, thank you

Please take a look at https://www.bminer.me/examples. Thanks.
bou !
Activity: 630
Merit: 502
Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to do the same thing with EWBF, a html page to have a visualization of several rigs. like the picture,
we must put in the command line: -api "our ip"

but after how to access our data rig? hashrate, temp etc ...

https://www.bminer.me/references/#rest-apis
bou !
Hello

I would like to know if it is possible to do the same thing with EWBF, a html page to have a visualization of several rigs. like the picture,
we must put in the command line: -api "our ip"

but after how to access our data rig? hashrate, temp etc ...

Great Miner Dev,
Any way to use this on Nicehash?
Thanks

The miner was tested against Nicehash and I think it should work out of the box. You might need to change the address of the pool though.
Activity: 138
Merit: 10
I wanna use this miner but the cpu usage fucks it, is there any work being done to fix this?? developer?

throw you celeron our of the window...
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
The high CPU usage is due to how bminer configures CUDA to get even more utilizations from the GPUs. There are detailed explanations on www.bminer.me:

Yes, I saw that explanation but it is difficult to believe the GPU is polled by bminer so often that it makes a noticeable dent in the CPU workload. But I'm an EE, not a programmer, so I'll take your word for it and try out the -polling=false switch next time I mine an Equihash coin (currently wasting time with Vertcoin).

For your questions on missing shares, I wonder, what pool are you using? We have tested extensively over hundreds of machines over months and we did notice that we missed some shares from some pools. :-(

What I can assure you is that bminer does not "magically" make the shares disappear -- we are not in fishy business and there is no point of doing so.

Oh-ho, very interesting... I was not implying any sort of shady behavior on your part, but you seem to be implying that there could be something shady going on with the pool? I was mining Zcash on nanopool and seemed to reach the minimum payout of 0.01 ZEC after the expected time, more or less. It's difficult to accurately estimate the completion time given the ever changing difficulty, though, so I doubt I would even notice 3 missing shares out of 297... Hmmm.
Since the last post I have tried Excavator - which was terrible: about 145 Sols/s - and the latest version of bminer that the OP uploaded (2.1.0) and it seems CPU and power consumption is the same, but average hashrate is slightly lower - from 193 down to 190.

The high CPU/power usage has me wondering how the dev fee is paid, as I don't see bminer switching to another pool to mine for 2% of the operational time like other miners do. Perhaps it is running another crypto algorithm on the CPU to pay the dev fee?

EDIT - one other thing I have a question about... bminer has been running overnight and it just stated that share #297 was accepted but also says that I've had 292 shares accepted and 2 rejected; clearly, 292 + 2 does not equal 297, so what gives there?

The high CPU usage is due to how bminer configures CUDA to get even more utilizations from the GPUs. There are detailed explanations on www.bminer.me:

Why does Bminer by default use a significant amount of CPU cycles?

By default Bminer polls the GPUs to get the results of mining faster at the cost of higher CPU usages. Alternatively you can configure Bminer to sleep and wait instead of polling the GPUs by appending -polling=false in the command line, however it might reduce the performances in some configurations.

For your questions on missing shares, I wonder, what pool are you using? We have tested extensively over hundreds of machines over months and we did notice that we missed some shares from some pools. :-(

What I can assure you is that bminer does not "magically" make the shares disappear -- we are not in fishy business and there is no point of doing so.

Activity: 73
As long as we have healthy competition that is trying to improve miner software and hash rates I don't care about fee. After all, it's 2% not 20%.
Activity: 9
Can't believe how many ungrateful persons are there. Man made a free miner (with a fee, but it's free) and you are complaining like he owns you something.
The word is "owes". Having a built-in, non-negotiable fee literally means it's not free to use; I'm not sure why this isn't clear to you. If we are essentially paying to use the product by forfeiting a part of our proceedings to the developer, we have the right to know what we are getting. This is a business venture for its developer, and the this forum is a market they set out to conquer, so market rules apply.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
Since the last post I have tried Excavator - which was terrible: about 145 Sols/s - and the latest version of bminer that the OP uploaded (2.1.0) and it seems CPU and power consumption is the same, but average hashrate is slightly lower - from 193 down to 190.

The high CPU/power usage has me wondering how the dev fee is paid, as I don't see bminer switching to another pool to mine for 2% of the operational time like other miners do. Perhaps it is running another crypto algorithm on the CPU to pay the dev fee?

EDIT - one other thing I have a question about... bminer has been running overnight and it just stated that share #297 was accepted but also says that I've had 292 shares accepted and 2 rejected; clearly, 292 + 2 does not equal 297, so what gives there?

Activity: 20
I wanna use this miner but the cpu usage fucks it, is there any work being done to fix this?? developer?
For me the miner starts and appears to be working but GPU's don't kick in... they stay cool as hell, fans even off and the miner software reports GPU0: 0.00 Sols/s  GPU1: 0.00 Sols/s..... It can stay this way for as long as i leave it like that. The miner keeps showing "Got new job..." but the pool never gets a share nor an active worker.

Rig:
12x Asus 1070 ROG Strix OC
Asrock H110 Pro BTC
Intel G4400
8GB RAM
120 SSD
2400W server PSU

OC:
Power Limit: 65
GPU Core: 95
Memory Core: 450
Target Temp: 70 (but the normally run at 56 - 62)
These settings works like a charm on dstm getting aprox. 4.24 Sols/W at a total of 5.1 KSols/s.

You are able to run 12 Nvidia cards on windows? Your system is stable?

We tested bminer extensively over 6-card rigs but never tested it on a 12-card rig.

Can you please send me the logs? I'll look into it.
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
Activity: 11
Can't believe how many ungrateful persons are there. Man made a free miner (with a fee, but it's free) and you are complaining like he owns you something.
No miner is perfect when it comes out, those things always need testing and polishing. I don't doubt that CPU usage will be fixed in some of the next versions.
Good job dev.
yeah,i'm going to have some food now...with fee,but it's free Smiley

about the usage,my watercooling is up by at least 1.5 degree C (from 37 to 38.5),but i think it's better utilization,so can't argue there,sol/s seems the same,but its from flypool stats
for now,i think it does not matter whether you use dstm or bminer,but it's nice to try something new,thanks to the dev for new toy Smiley
Getting this error when I run it:

panic: interface conversion: interface {} is []interface {}, not string
[WARN] [2017-12-07T10:31:27-05:00] Miner died! It will be restarted soon...

Just wondering, which pool are you connecting to? I'll look into it if there are more information.
The 2.1.0 version adds the -polling option to disable GPU polling in bminer. Disabling the polling can reduce the CPU usage while it might hurt the performance when you have a 6+ card rigs with a less powerful CPU.

You can find more detailed explanations on https://www.bminer.me.
Activity: 73
No miner is perfect when it comes out, those things always need testing and polishing. I don't doubt that CPU usage will be fixed in some of the next versions.
Good job dev.
Jump to: