Author

Topic: [ANN]Bminer: a fast Equihash/Ethash/Cuckaroo29z miner for AMD/NVIDIA GPUs 16.4.9 - page 156. (Read 148347 times)

Activity: 461
Merit: 49
You do realize that even Microsoft has given up on Internet Explorer?
I use this shit IE11 because it does not have GPU acceleration, other browsers use video cards and interfere with production.

It will be addressed in the next release. Supporting IE11 is definitely a pain :-(

Another thing might be worth considering is to open the APIs to the local network, that is, passing something like -api :1880 (e.g.,  192.168.1.2) or even -api 0.0.0.0:1880. That way you can use another machine to connect to it without interfere with production at all.

Hi, new miner here ...
Initially I had a great experience with this bminer. It is stable and fast. CPU utilization was fine and my overall power consumption less than 700W for 6x 1070ti OC with core +200, memory +700 and power 60%.

Unfortunately, after more than 8 hours of mining on nanopool it turned out I was not mining at all.

Code:
SET ADDRESS=t1gNEjRT7A1j3pMg4YHFPox9H5pP3gcxKSr
SET WORKER_NAME=miner1
SET USERNAME=%ADDRESS%.%WORKER_NAME%
SET POOL=zec-eu1.nanopool.org:16666
SET SCHEME=stratum

START "Bminer: When Crypto-mining Made Fast" bminer.exe -uri %SCHEME%://%USERNAME%@%POOL% -api 127.0.0.1:1880

When starting the miner, it is connecting to the correct URL and it reports I was authenticated.
I don't know if this is problem with the software or the pool. Other miners work just fine though.

I would love to use this one, but I cannot do it before I can specify email in the username as required by nanopool and being able to verify connectivity again.
Code:
YOUR_ZEC_ADDRESS.YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL

May I suggest to dich the connection string parsing in favor of just using server/user/password parameters as every other similar software...

YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL are optional in nanopool -- to mine on nanopool, what you need to do is to simply change the address to point to your address.

There are a few more examples on https://www.bminer.me/examples.

But you do bring up a good point on how to pass in username / password. That's something I'll consider and look into. Thanks for the feedback.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi, new miner here ...
Initially I had a great experience with this bminer. It is stable and fast. CPU utilization was fine and my overall power consumption less than 700W for 6x 1070ti OC with core +200, memory +700 and power 60%.

Unfortunately, after more than 8 hours of mining on nanopool it turned out I was not mining at all.

Code:
SET ADDRESS=t1gNEjRT7A1j3pMg4YHFPox9H5pP3gcxKSr
SET WORKER_NAME=miner1
SET USERNAME=%ADDRESS%.%WORKER_NAME%
SET POOL=zec-eu1.nanopool.org:16666
SET SCHEME=stratum

START "Bminer: When Crypto-mining Made Fast" bminer.exe -uri %SCHEME%://%USERNAME%@%POOL% -api 127.0.0.1:1880

When starting the miner, it is connecting to the correct URL and it reports I was authenticated.
I don't know if this is problem with the software or the pool. Other miners work just fine though.

I would love to use this one, but I cannot do it before I can specify email in the username as required by nanopool and being able to verify connectivity again.
Code:
YOUR_ZEC_ADDRESS.YOUR_WORKER/YOUR_EMAIL

May I suggest to dich the connection string parsing in favor of just using server/user/password parameters as every other similar software...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Chrome can disable hardware acceleration.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Very interesting.  2% fee is a bit high, but hoping the increased hashrate will compensate.  Thanks for the continued development of more efficient miners!
Activity: 39
VMProtect?! Really? For highter CPU usage?  Huh
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
I use this shit IE11 because it does not have GPU acceleration, other browsers use video cards and interfere with production.

You can disable hardware acceleration in FireFox*: go to Options, uncheck "Use recommended performance settings" then uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available."

* - and probably Chrome and Edge, but I rarely use the first and despise the second.

Activity: 176
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
Any sample config for coinotron?
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

Activity: 176
Please add in the window of the miner information about the average values and temperature of the video cards, the current consumption in watts, UPTIME timer.

In Internet Explorer 11 doesn't show telemetry parameters, only form of page. Could you fix please?
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
Any progress on the issue with 12 cards rigs? ewbf and dstm doesn't have this problem. Running dual instances of your miner is not a solution for me, because the way watchdog script is setup.

It will be addressed in the next release.
Great, will wait.

how to setup the batch file for mining pool hub?
adress is wallet adress or the mining hub?

The addresss is your miningpoolhub username and you have to put the worker name on this line :
Code:
SET USERNAME=%ADDRESS%.workername
Activity: 2
how to setup the batch file for mining pool hub?
adress is wallet adress or the mining hub?
50% on all cores... yea, I know...
But the odd thing was like I said, I didn't see any improvements with that option on....

Hmmm... I don't want to unfairly tarnish the software author, but excessive CPU use in a GPU miner sort of sounds like some backdoor Cryptonight hashing is going on, eh?

Not sure which release that you are referring to -- polling was turned on by default in previous version but is turned off by default in 3.0.0.

Enabling polling does lead to high CPU usages although it may or may not give you some extra hashrate. There is a detailed explanation on the current trade offs between CPU usages and GPU utilization at https://www.bminer.me/faq

I encourage you to try the latest version and report the results back.
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
But the odd thing was like I said, I didn't see any improvements with that option on....

Hmmm... I don't want to unfairly tarnish the software author, but excessive CPU use in a GPU miner sort of sounds like some backdoor Cryptonight hashing is going on, eh?

Any progress on the issue with 12 cards rigs? ewbf and dstm doesn't have this problem. Running dual instances of your miner is not a solution for me, because the way watchdog script is setup.

It will be addressed in the next release.
Activity: 15
On https://www.bminer.me/examples/ why is

bminer -uri stratum://[email protected].6666

vs

bminer -uri stratum://.:@btg.suprnova.cc:8816

?

Thanks for spotting it -- I think this is an error in the document -- will fix it shortly.

Can you please make build that has static link to libstdc++, for ubuntu 14.04 users (ethos)
Activity: 13
So yeah dont be fooled by just whats shown in the software. Verify always pool side.

Exactly.Wink  i can not download this Bminer (Windows Defender reports virus).
Dstm shows 990h/s on the 1080Ti + 1060, and ~ 950h/s pool side.
Ewbf shows 960h/s, and ~ 900h/s pool side.

Windows Defender thinks bloody near EVERYTHING is a virus if it didn't come from the Microsoft Store.
 HORRIBLE high rate of false positives, while giving the worse protection against REAL viruses of any "major" anti-virus program, in the tests I've seen quite a few sites do.

50% of one core on a 8370E, or 50% of ALL 8 CORES total? If it's the latter, that's WHY this miner would have issues on dual-core CPUs with running at all.

What the heck is a "N,K-96,5"?

Activity: 108
Merit: 1
On https://www.bminer.me/examples/ why is

bminer -uri stratum://[email protected].6666

vs

bminer -uri stratum://.:@btg.suprnova.cc:8816

?

Thanks for spotting it -- I think this is an error in the document -- will fix it shortly.
Jump to: