Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BTCN] BitcoiNote - In privacy we trust - page 15. (Read 43910 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
new airdrop planned?
Activity: 4
No any pools work but Hash Rate: 615.92 KH/sec ?!?

probably solo mining
Activity: 14
No any pools work but Hash Rate: 615.92 KH/sec ?!?
https://www.bitcoinote.org/assets/BT-Banner-6-v1.2.png

Announcing BitcoiNote version 1.2 (HARD FORK)

We are excited to announce version 1.2, which empowers BitcoiNote with new Algorithm that improves performance and handles the difficulty jump issue.

The new Algorithm required a hard fork on block 70913 so we ask everyone to update their wallets and miners as soon as possible. We are happy to take part in improving the CryptoNote algorithm!

Our pool, block explorer and seed nodes already use the new fork. This was done to stabilize the network because it was stuck in a state with huge difficulty. You will not see payments from pools using the new version coming in until you update your wallet, and it is recommended not to mine on pools that didn't yet update because their payments will be invalid in the new version.

Invite your friends to join us now, they will thank you later! GO GO GO BitcoiNote!

[Suspicious link removed]/BT-v1-2-core]Get the new Core [/url]

[Suspicious link removed]/BT-v1-2-GUI-Wallet]Get the new GUI Wallet [/url]

GO BITCOINOTE!!!
Everything works smoooooooothly!!! YEH!!!
Activity: 5
What is the name of the new algoritm to mine?
I don't think they updated (yet?) but if they do it's most likely going to be CryptoNight v7.
Activity: 185
What is the name of the new algoritm to mine?
Activity: 268
Merit: 2

We are looking for users who want to help us translate our original announcement to 5 new languages.

Rewards

Chinese: 200 BTCN
Indonesian: 200 BTCN
Japanese: 200 BTCN
Russian: 200 BTCN
Vietnamese: 200 BTCN

Rules

- Each participant can only apply for a single translation.
- We offer rewards for the first validated submission in every language.
- Work will be validated by native speakers.
- Work will be validated in order of translated text submission, not in order of sign up through the Google Form.
- Participants must sign up using the Google Form below before sending in work. The email address to submit your work will be displayed after sign up.
- Using Google Translate or other automated translators is not allowed.
- Please keep text markup as it is in your translation (headings, subheadings, bold text, etc.)

GET THE TEXT HERE or SIGN UP HERE or VIEW REGISTERED USERS

guys i have to say

i still think its' not a very good coin

but diff now working really good !!!

thumbs up

https://www.bitcoinote.org/assets/BT-Banner-6-v1.2.png

We are excited to announce version 1.2, which empowers BitcoiNote with new Algorithm that improves performance and handles the difficulty jump issue.

The new Algorithm required a hard fork on block 70913 so we ask everyone to update their wallets and miners as soon as possible. We are happy to take part in improving the CryptoNote algorithm!

Our pool, block explorer and seed nodes already use the new fork. This was done to stabilize the network because it was stuck in a state with huge difficulty. You will not see payments from pools using the new version coming in until you update your wallet, and it is recommended not to mine on pools that didn't yet update because their payments will be invalid in the new version.

Invite your friends to join us now, they will thank you later! GO GO GO BitcoiNote!

Get the new Core

Get the new GUI Wallet

this hard fork will be asic resistent again?
Great timing, mezonexuca. Also, it's nice to see someone who shares my point of view on how grossly mismanaged this (theoretically decent) coin is.

The post timestamps are too close together for this to have been posted in response to your post though (unless they prepared the post and had it on waiting). I think they either pushed the fork before having a formal announcement (which I understand, since it's time critical) or there's some bureaucratic hangup behind the scenes that we don't know about.

I too wish there were more technical details about the nature of this hard fork. We already know the difficulty algorithm is lwma, but the "emergency difficulty recovery feature" looks like a spontaneous reaction to the recent network issues. It might have been developed specifically for this case.

dificulty can go down without a block
This is definitely relevant for pool owners. Either there's a pool owner update still in the pipe or they straight up forgot to mention this.
ha hah hah

i post why you not announcing the fork
and you do it

funny

okay so , can you answer my question Huh

what is this algoritm?

what else was changed here ?

how to update poool ?

again so bad communication !!! now you do announcment and you fail with writing the tech details
TIS IS NOT MARKETING TV SHOW peoplee need DETAILS seriosly

why long delay after you launh the fork yesterday on the pool ?

what with the 40 % premie Huh?

tanks
Activity: 268
Merit: 2

Get the new Core

Get the new GUI Wallet
guys someting is wrong here now

i checked back too see what is going on with this coin, and i see issue with nicehsah attack....... but now seems like chain split :|

on https://pool.bitcoinote.org and http://block.bitcoinote.org are new blocks coming in! but not on other pools e.g http://btcn.pool.pilbeams.net/ or https://cryptoknight.cc/btcn/

and my wallet is not syncing ! error invalid block version - something not wright here
and when you check a block in block explorer http://blocks.bitcoinote.org/?hash=75b90f97b9f7b18fddc378957c8bbaebfb7f8c796c82fc47729b6b7b94fe80e3#blockchain_block - it says version 4.0 ( it was 3.0. in the past no ?)

BUT then i see new version on github 1.2 https://github.com/Bitcoinote/Bitcoinote-Core/releases/tag/v1.2.0

HARD FORK !!!

why devs did a hard fork and not tell us here ?! poeple keep mining wrong version ...

again very bad commuincation

seems like devs trying to make this coin a bit beter but if the commuincation is bad this will never be good......

and devs still never andwered on the 40 % premine right ??

...  Tongue one time bad coin , always bad coin

guys you wasting an opportunitiy with this behavor

edit
i check on github what they did for nicehash problem
1) lwma algoritm
2) something new i dont know - looks like it taks current timestamp also , and dificulty can go down without a block !

Code:
    // Detect an emergency situation in the network (stuck)
    // Weighted average of last (window / 10) blocks plus time since last block is more than 25x the target => something must be wrong
    double_t emergencySTAvg = emergencyWST / emergencyWSTCounter;
    double_t emergencyRatio = emergencySTAvg / (c_difficultyTarget * 25.0);
    if (emergencyRatio > 1) {
      // Try correcting by reducing diff in a controlled manner
      // Once the avg. reached 100x target, the difficulty will be reduced to ~0.45% of its original value and stay this way
      double_t x = (emergencyRatio - 1) / 3;
      if (x > 1) x = 1;
      double_t factor = (cos(log(boost::math::constants::e() * pow(x, 1.5) * boost::math::constants::pi() + 1) * (4.0 / 3.0)) + 1) / 2.0;
      Difficulty adjustedDiff = nextDiff * factor;
      if (adjustedDiff < 1) adjustedDiff = 1;
      logger(WARNING, BRIGHT_RED) << "Emergency difficulty fix for block " << (blockIndex + 1) << "!!! ts = " << nextBlockTimestamp << ", avg = " << emergencySTAvg << " (of target " << c_difficultyTarget << "), ratio = " << emergencyRatio << ", factor = " << factor << ", origDiff = " << nextDiff << ", adjustedDiff = " << adjustedDiff;
      nextDiff = adjustedDiff;
    }

interestng, anybody know what this algoritm is Huh
GOOD VIBES!!! It seems the network issue solved! for now  Cheesy
any good vibr?
Sorry guys, we know it’s frustrating! We’re on it and we’re doing our best to launch the fix for it ASAP.

This isn't just frustrating. This is a dealbreaker. You cannot just show up here and make a post encouraging us to vote for this coin before you have even addressed the current issues. You cannot deny that this is a problem with the coin itself any more, so come clear. What is going on?

Also, you have yet to give us an estimation as for when it will be fixed. Next week? This month? ASAP? You're grasping for straws and you know it. Again, come clear. Heavily sanctioned vagueposting won't help you.

WOW! GET A LIFE DUDE! no one is forcing you to support this coin!!! I am betting on this coin as well! and this is shity situation! but I'm still believing this coin can go to the MOON! the team is responsive and already fixed the issue with the pool!!!
and if you still not convinced then GO AWAY and take the bad attitude with you!  Tongue

Agree... we all need good vibrations...
Sorry guys, we know it’s frustrating! We’re on it and we’re doing our best to launch the fix for it ASAP.

This isn't just frustrating. This is a dealbreaker. You cannot just show up here and make a post encouraging us to vote for this coin before you have even addressed the current issues. You cannot deny that this is a problem with the coin itself any more, so come clear. What is going on?

Also, you have yet to give us an estimation as for when it will be fixed. Next week? This month? ASAP? You're grasping for straws and you know it. Again, come clear. Heavily sanctioned vagueposting won't help you.

WOW! GET A LIFE DUDE! no one is forcing you to support this coin!!! I am betting on this coin as well! and this is shity situation! but I'm still believing this coin can go to the MOON! the team is responsive and already fixed the issue with the pool!!!
and if you still not convinced then GO AWAY and take the bad attitude with you!  Tongue
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
I want to know what makes this different with others that come up with the 3 key features as stated. It is also better to show your full team on your website. It will ensure the investors to know well your ICO. But basically, it is a good concept presenting the decentralized promissory note for the bitcoin. Moreover, it takes the best from the two popular cryptos (bitcoin and also monero. Hopefully, this project can compete with other and be a great ICO with stable tokens.

Pages:
Jump to: