Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BTL] Bitleu - Romanian investment cryptocurrency - ASIC-MultiPool proof ! - page 47. (Read 104738 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
maybe also try to put the coin on https://nxt-e.com/ ? Smiley

that would be a good option. i may change my sales, who would be interested in the following sale if i put it up;

17,500BTL @ 0.0001BTC
if i sell all 17,500 i will personally pay for 100 votes at cryptoaltex so it is in the draw for the next run, that's 0.11btc donated back to the coin

what do you guys think of my idea?
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
ooo i hope we get the exchange soon. i've been mining this for over 6 days now and right now all i have is a nice bill :-(
Activity: 294
I voted on there just a while back and will vote again as soon as they allow me. Please setup a twitter, reddit and fb account asap so I can blast them. Cheesy Here is my small contribution to the Coin..a blog post introducing our altcoin members to BITLEU. Smiley

http://bitbillions.net/2014/03/19/alt-currencies-introducing-bitleu-coin/

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
i cann't config 270x, very much HW  Sad
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
Estimated.Pro - Crypto Signals. Free.
great news! vote everyone!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Hello!!

I'm very happy to announce that you can now vote for Bitleu to be added to our exchange!!

Start voting now!! @ https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin

Cheesy
i don't own any of those cards yet.

Join the dark side that is Nvidia!
Activity: 210
who can help me config  Sad

I can, just tell me the model of your card if it is an AMD.. otherwise you need in cudaminer thread, i don't own any of those cards yet.
Seems dev is active, this is always a good sign, thank you for posting the list. Question: tomorrow on the 19th N factor will change, do I need to change only the timestart setting to something else?or i will need to change everything also, TC, Intensity, and so on?
I love how scrypt jane performs, really this are my results after a little over 24h of mining:
-7950 and 270s cards combined: 7950 ->3.1mh , 270->1.7mh
-rig is way cooler, 7950s are around 60 degrees and 270s are around 55 degrees , with fanspeeds of around 20%
-power consumption is 30% less overall, which is crazy!I have a watt meter on the wall and it gets me around 300w less compared to scrypt, combine this with the lower temps and fanspeeds = win

Did somebody else managed to get more hash out of 7950 or 270s? For me it seems that 1.7mh from a R9 270 seems lower than it should be, I have tried all kinds of different settings, the best result i am getting with Intensity 20, TC:16382 , even if i overclock engine and memclock to 1100 and 1500mem it doesn`t give me more than 5% boost in hash

3.1 mh at NF = 5 is fine for 7950. 270 also fine.

The starttime will never change. That is the time when the start of the coin was set up in the sources, you can't change that. You pass that command line value to the mining software so your miner will know precisely when to use the next N-factor. The N-factor change is hard-coded in the sources depending on the start time. Automatically your mining software will change it to the right one so you will not get the message "Share above target".

If you know what is the actual N-factor and don't need to pass --starttime command line argument, just put the nfmin at 5 and nfmax at 5 and the mining software will always mine at n-factor of 5. But careful when the change will come as you will not mine anymore blocks and you need to change manually to 6.

As a rule of thumb, whenever you start mining, the higher the N-factor, the higher the --lookup-gap you need to start with. Usually as of now it is 1 or 2. After that you increase your --thread-concurrency until the miner will show some error. You can use hwinfo software to see when the videocard dedicated memory will start moving to dynamic memory and you know when to stop increasing TC also by being guided by that. After this you start increasing the -R (raw intensity) in worksize increments. If your -w (worksize) is set up at 128 then you set up your -R to 1024, or 1152 .. any multiple of 128. Some cards like R9 they will allow you to set up the raw intensity in increments of 8 only. Sometime you will know when -R is too high as the mining speed will drop down considerably, by 75 % or something similar.

It is true, scrypt-jane mining is saving you a lot of electricity and there is not much stress on your videocards. I have had many videocards that broke.

This is why the dev thought of scrypt-jane for this coin, to make it easier for the mining hardware and your power bill.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 280
Activity: 252
good luck from Moldova!
All the best from Iasi, Moldova, Romania  Smiley
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Thank you everyone for showing your support and believing in this coin. There are more and more people showing desire to support BitLeu everyday and some of these people are showing much seriousness and dedication about it.

As of now most of my time is spent discussing with some of these people and of course, there is also real life issues to attend to, as everybody else that has a life.

I have added some changes in the OP, including link to vardiff.com.
I have uploaded the windows client and the sources to different file sharing websites as I had some of the users complaining about google docs not allowing them to download the files.

I will update also the original post in Romanian language from the Romanian forum with the new information.

I hope I can post again as soon as possible with good news regarding BitLeu. Until then, I would like you to stay with us and support the network, good things will be coming for sure.

Please be reminded that Scrypt-Jane will always consume less electricity than other scrypt coins and will lessen the stress on your videocards. You will always have to change the miner settings everytime the N-factor will change which will happen around 10 hours after the date and time listed as changing.

Here is again the schedule of the Bitleu N-factor (thanks to user Thirtybird who is maintaining a list of Scrypt-Jane coins N-factor change):

------------------------------------------------
03/10/14 15:39:36        NFactor = 4
03/16/14 17:17:44        NFactor = 5
03/19/14 18:06:48        NFactor = 6
03/22/14 18:55:52        NFactor = 7
03/31/14 21:23:04        NFactor = 8
04/03/14 22:12:08        NFactor = 9
04/28/14 04:44:40        NFactor = 10
05/10/14 08:00:56        NFactor = 11
06/15/14 17:49:44        NFactor = 12
08/03/14 06:54:48        NFactor = 13
09/20/14 19:59:52        NFactor = 14
04/03/15 00:20:08        NFactor = 15
07/09/15 02:30:16        NFactor = 16
04/25/16 09:00:40        NFactor = 17
05/18/17 17:41:12        NFactor = 18
06/11/18 02:21:44        NFactor = 19
08/19/21 04:23:20        NFactor = 20
09/11/22 13:03:52        NFactor = 21
03/15/31 10:28:08        NFactor = 22
------------------------------------------------

The link for the list is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Happy mining !
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Indeed, now's the time to mine and HOLD as much as you can (whilst dumping some to pay for power costs and some beer)  Grin
How is
this ASIC-proof?

Gradual increase of ram usage per thread to find blocks...scrypt-jane is known to be 100% asic resistant, unless until BTL becomes so profitable to mine that making an asic is worth the effort xD

There is no such thing as asic-resistant. Deterring  maybe , resistant , no way.

Pretty much the same thing...making asics costs money, using gddr5 VRAM chips costs a lot of money, and the bulk of it is reserved by nvidia and amd. Cost is prohibitive, you can't risk making an asic for a coin that might fail. We are getting scrypt asics after a loooooong time now, but we wouldn't have them if the amout of ram used in the scratchpad changed over time, wouldn't give the manufacturers time to bank on it.

Very nice explanation Smiley
Everyone can understand .. but they will understand more how this works when we will be at N-Factor of 15.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
How is
this ASIC-proof?

Gradual increase of ram usage per thread to find blocks...scrypt-jane is known to be 100% asic resistant, unless until BTL becomes so profitable to mine that making an asic is worth the effort xD

There is no such thing as asic-resistant. Deterring  maybe , resistant , no way.

Pretty much the same thing...making asics costs money, using gddr5 VRAM chips costs a lot of money, and the bulk of it is reserved by nvidia and amd. Cost is prohibitive, you can't risk making an asic for a coin that might fail. We are getting scrypt asics after a loooooong time now, but we wouldn't have them if the amout of ram used in the scratchpad changed over time, wouldn't give the manufacturers time to bank on it.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
How is
this ASIC-proof?

Pages:
Jump to: