Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 106. (Read 2170646 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 512
Wasnt this thread closed, and we move on to the new thread?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

What makes you think BURST is a crapcoin?

DON'T feed this troll.

Trolls always seem to be hungry.  Some I like to feed cause some of them are funny to hear rant.
Activity: 322
oh yeah, I would be developing if someone would pump the price, but I don't see it happening. For $30 a day hmm, not much interest here.

I might make that fork I keep talking about at some point though.

YES - please fork and let the miners decide which coin to mine.

You are obviously just reaping some idle infrastructure (or the proposed botnet, whatever).
So it is no surprise that you weigh 30$/day mining output against the cost of a full-time developer.

But your math is surprising. Because you (or someone) spend(s) at least 200 $/day;

If build new with _today's_ tech, cost-effective 4.4 PB storage alone will cost no less than 130k$.
Stretched to 2y this is ~178$/day.
It sucks at least 5 kW w/o A/C -> ~120 kWh/day, with a minimum of 0.08 $/kWh -> 10$/day power.
One cannot operate a 130kUSD infrastructure for 30$/day.

You're not the owner, as no sane owner has that rack idle and rents it for the naked energy costs
for the 11 months you're mining here.

Months ago you asked me wether I pay market rates for my 400TB setup; Yes I did. It was off-lease
stuff, hence I had higher energy costs. And exactly that led me to switch most of it off a few weeks ago.
I cannot afford this hobby any longer, unless I move stuff to some remote location in china where
the kWh is 0.03$. In most of Europe it's >>0.20$/kWh.

@devs
Is it possible to see where in the internets bitladens deadlines were injected ?
I traced all wallet connections a few months ago (quite interesting, companies like volumedrive.com),
but was unable to trace the origin of individual miners.

This (his) might be a very interesting or very badly organised employer/company.

@all
oh, and he is gone again since 13 hours ago.. his last stint lasted just under 8hrs.
perhaps stress-testing the diff algo by halving/doubling the network size in shrinking cycles..

Good point, but I only have 50% of the PBs in this network.
So, all the same I have to ask, how can the rest of the miners afford to keep mining at this price?

Yes, so 11 months ago you could turn a profit by mining this coin, now, not really. But I'm on it, I will come to the rescue with the fork. And I'll tell you this right now, it will be dual mined. As in, same plots for burst and *burst_fork*

@devs? what devs? you must mean me.
Yes it is possible to determine the IP I'm using to broadcast, however I can assure you this will not change anything.

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

DON'T feed this troll.
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84358718/

This is a better use of time than mining this crapcoin.

Activity: 955
Merit: 1004
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84358718/

This is a better use of time than mining this crapcoin.
oh yeah, I would be developing if someone would pump the price, but I don't see it happening. For $30 a day hmm, not much interest here.

YES - please fork and let the miners decide which coin to mine.

You are obviously just reaping some idle infrastructure (or the proposed botnet, whatever).
So it is no surprise that you weigh 30$/day mining output against the cost of a full-time developer.

But your math is surprising. Because you (or someone) spend(s) at least 200 $/day;

If build new with _today's_ tech, cost-effective 4.4 PB storage alone will cost no less than 130k$.
Stretched to 2y this is ~178$/day.
It sucks at least 5 kW w/o A/C -> ~120 kWh/day, with a minimum of 0.08 $/kWh -> 10$/day power.
One cannot operate a 130kUSD infrastructure for 30$/day.

You're not the owner, as no sane owner has that rack idle and rents it for the naked energy costs
for the 11 months you're mining here.

Months ago you asked me wether I pay market rates for my 400TB setup; Yes I did. It was off-lease
stuff, hence I had higher energy costs. And exactly that led me to switch most of it off a few weeks ago.
I cannot afford this hobby any longer, unless I move stuff to some remote location in china where
the kWh is 0.03$. In most of Europe it's >>0.20$/kWh.

@devs
Is it possible to see where in the internets bitladens deadlines were injected ?
I traced all wallet connections a few months ago (quite interesting, companies like volumedrive.com),
but was unable to trace the origin of individual miners.

This (his) might be a very interesting or very badly organised employer/company.

@all
oh, and he is gone again since 13 hours ago.. his last stint lasted just under 8hrs.
perhaps stress-testing the diff algo by halving/doubling the network size in shrinking cycles..
Activity: 355
just wanted to see if anybody missed me

No Bin laden, you were not missed. In fact, like your terrorist name sake, your absence was celebrated widely. Your absence allowed the Burst community to actually earn some coins; your absence allowed undecided miners that there was a chance for them to mine and earn on this coin; your absence allowed developers and investors to consider doing things to re-value this coin without the guilt they were doing that without enriching a bot master. Your return, as daWallet said - is you murdering the golden goose that is this coin. Your presence and mining power discourages miners - i can't compete against binladen - and developers/investors - why should we enrich binlabden ?

If you want to do something good for this coin, either shutdown your botnet; or go create your own derivative.

You, your botnet, and your dumping your botnet mined coins at the lowest going price is what is crippling this coin. If you really want this coin to succeed, shutdown your bot net and take them to your own derivative coin, or stop dumping. But preferably and personally, fuck off and stop tainting this coin.

H.

I like him Cheesy I have cheap coins for long term investment. His botnet will shutdown during decreasing blok reward. Be patient Smiley
Activity: 539
Merit: 500

No Bin laden, you were not missed. In fact, like your terrorist name sake, your absence was celebrated widely. Your absence allowed the Burst community to actually earn some coins; your absence allowed undecided miners that there was a chance for them to mine and earn on this coin; your absence allowed developers and investors to consider doing things to re-value this coin without the guilt they were doing that without enriching a bot master. Your return, as daWallet said - is you murdering the golden goose that is this coin. Your presence and mining power discourages miners - i can't compete against binladen - and developers/investors - why should we enrich binlabden ?

If you want to do something good for this coin, either shutdown your botnet; or go create your own derivative.

You, your botnet, and your dumping your botnet mined coins at the lowest going price is what is crippling this coin. If you really want this coin to succeed, shutdown your bot net and take them to your own derivative coin, or stop dumping. But preferably and personally, fuck off and stop tainting this coin.

H.

Activity: 302
you are welcome here and I consider your input valuable.

If you could just reduce your footprint a little..  or spend less
on operating your 4.4PB infrastructure and direct these funds
into software development.

oh, just dreaming, ignore me.

Bitladen is going to be Burst's pizza legend, but more twisted.
He kills the goose that could lay him golden eggs - knowingly.
He could make a fortune developing the coin, but he doesn't see the big picture.

Keep mining buddy. 30$ and decreasing seems to be enough for you.

"Burst… You fear to go into those mines."
"Bitladen delved too greedily and too deep."
you are welcome here and I consider your input valuable.

If you could just reduce your footprint a little..  or spend less
on operating your 4.4PB infrastructure and direct these funds
into software development.

oh, just dreaming, ignore me.
any word from bitladen ? His farm is offline for some 34 hours.
Either he retired his farm voluntarily or controlling inside his company did it's job.

+: This considerably boosts mining income for all.

Quite sure we will hear something from him soon ...

Whatever, without his massive farm, burst distribution looks quite different.

well, he is back since 90 minutes or so - probably with 8PB   Cool
Activity: 257
Merit: 255
Either he retired his farm voluntarily or controlling inside his company did it's job.

Quite sure we will hear something from him soon ...

Whatever, without his massive farm, burst distribution looks quite different.
Guess i owe you guys this ...

Last 500 blocks distribution:

Good news respective BURST/BTC ACCT:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13582027
Activity: 168
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Emm.   I was wondering why my mining has increased.  I received more transactions yesterday then I have been.  Thought I was just getting lucky.  If he did this on purpose.  I want to say thank you.  We can all share in some Burst coin now.  It may increase the price a little as well.

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Quote from: cobra command... erm, i mean, cobra. heh.
I honestly think you are one of the people who have made a substantial impact on this coin along with others (irontiga, dawallet, luxe, haitch and his nemesis elmit, yes also bitladen) I applaud all of your efforts especially the plan to add real value to Burst via shares of your company as well as everything the people mentioned above have contributed. You are correct I have only mined Burst and have enjoyed learning something new and unique along the way. The reason that I do not want to do more is that I do not believe it can compete with the many other up and coming solutions that make use of hard drive space. Burst is very very efficient for the act of mining compared to everything else but it still wastes that space for the sole act of "mining". If mining is half way over now it is not realistic to think people will secure the network and run nodes if all coins have already been mined......what happens then? Some people here think coins will become more scarce and more valuable and in the short term value may increase. Without major use for the coin beyond the crypto community it will just not make it.

I do not want to back something that I do not believe in to the core. There you have it.....those are my reasons why I am not standing up for Burst or contributing something to it. That does not mean I am no longer interested in seeing what you and others make of it. Honestly, crowetic you are the only shot this coin has. As you can see nothing much of significance happens here while you are away. Others may say "You are not the Dev" there is no Dev. The community has not taken any action to do anything about that on their own. You fit this coin well to lead it....why......because you believe in it. I was not attacking you personally by the original post, you could have rightfully so removed my post for being off-topic in the other thread. This thread on the other hand has turned into a shout box for well.....whatever  Wink  I do not post that often and not wanting to get into a debate....these are just my opinions, please take them as that.  Also be aware of the many projects out there that people may prefer to use hard drive space for instead of Burst. (maidsafe, storj, siacoin, eth in the future)

Okay, glad you weren't personally coming after me calling me some sort of mod-happy fool. (because honestly, I'm the last person to mod things unless it is absolutely necessary.)

Thank you for your kind words, and sorry if I took things wrong and may have come off a little harsh in the return comments. I just take it personally when people say negative things about the coin that I've dedicated so much time and effort to. (As I'm sure you understand. Smiley)

I think I will take you up on the offer to ask you personally for more information as opposed to looking for it myself, only because I know how it is to be so passionate about a subject, you're going to give me ALL of the good information and it will be all in one location. Then I don't have to run around looking everywhere, it will just be there. Wink

I still find it unfortunate that you don't 'believe in BURST to the core', and I'm still unsure as to why, but it is totally your prerogative. Just people in the thread saying things like that could lead to doubt from first timers reading, and I very much dislike that. So, if you could please do me a favor out of respect for me if nothing else, and just try not to say negative things in super well known public BURST threads, that would be badass of you. You can say "I don't believe this and this will work" but saying things like " Burst is unique on the mining front but it does not have nearly enough features to be something that will be adopted by the mainstream public" can be taken as "burst will never have (whatever)" when that is entirely untrue. So that's my point there with that.

But yes, I agree with the fact that no one really addressed the 'what happens when BURST is "mined out"', however, with the advent of what myself and multiple other people are working on, and what the outcome of inventions of those people and other things coming, and yet to come... We hope to have the value up, and constant network activity enough to sustain mining. However, there are the ones who will always mine the coin no matter what, and those will keep the network running in a dire situation, but avoiding a dire situation is in itself fairly dire. Also, the decrease in BURST is NOT as a lot of people seem to think it is, and the 5% a month does NOT stay constant. This means that it is 5% of the previous amount, then 5% of that, and 5% of the next, and so forth, thus the decrease itself decreases, leading to a longer mining time before serious worry needs to be there. We've got years to get services in place, get things up and runing, and make action and waves. If we can't accomplish what we need to by then, well, we'll hopefully not have to come to that situation to find out!

Thanks again for the backing, I appreciate it. I've done nothing but be positive for the coin the entire time, and gotten things rolling. I'm a leader-type, so this type scenario fits me well, and I enjoy it. Also, as of recently, I've started to focus more on professionalism, and being a person that people with money wouldn't have a problem giving it to Wink (though I was always very trusted, some things I've done in the past were uncalled for, and/or I just went off on too much of a cursing tangent, or something along those lines...which I have now calmed quite a bit.)

But I do think that the plans and projects I have in mind, combined with my company and various things going on there, that BURST has a very bright future, HOWEVER... I can't do any of this without the amazing TEAM that I have behind me. These guys are straight up genius, and I'm honored to work with them. I may be the one who lights a fire under people in order to get things done in some cases, but as some people love to point out... "I'm not a dev" (yet... and it WILL happen, naysayers...) so I don't do any of the actual development work, and of course without that, there's no coin. So a HUGE credit and much respect to the developers within BURST on all levels. I vastly appreciate everything, and look forward to the future within BURST, and becoming a dev and working actively on projects in the code with you.

But even if I am not technically a coder yet, I'm capable, and I read code a lot in my work, as I've been in IT related work for about 15 years. (Yes, that makes me pretty young at my first job, haha.) So yea, I'll hit you up shortly, thanks again and I'll see everyone a bit later.
Activity: 289

Yes, you're very right about the above... Though a debit card would be very difficult to obtain I believe...

I am going to post in this thread as this one is not self-moderated unlike the new thread and has a higher likelihood of sticking around. I would guess the same handful of people that are posting in the new thread also keep an eye on the old one as well since it is not locked.

There has not been a native crypto debit card as of yet and all existing debit cards rely on a centralized 3rd party service which defeats the purpose of crypto in general. As you might have guessed I am a little biased toward the eMunie project which is well beyond any of the existing 2.0 coins. Burst is unique on the mining front but it does not have nearly enough features to be something that will be adopted by the mainstream public. (even if it was much easier to get going). Blockchains were stepping stones to more advanced solutions (distributed ledgers) that will win the end game as solutions like that can scale well beyond BTC and blockchain based solutions.

Still nobody has come up with any solutions of what happens when all Burst have been mined. We are half way done with mining and Burst is used by maybe 100-200 people total if that with half the mining done by one person. What incentive will there be for people to use Burst after mining has ended?

a true debit card point of sale demo using eMunie natively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFscCpiSkM
a recent demo of the native App Store inside eMunie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S_zHtlIpeA

I have mined and continue to hold Burst but I am real when I say it will not make it as a widely adopted platform. The above links give you a glimpse of what a mainstream digital economic platform will consist of for the everyday consumer that is not technical at all. It is not vaporware as I have been testing it for over 2 years now and have seen the advancements first hand.

I don't know why people seem to think I'm doing any sort of moderating aside from removing 2 of my own posts, and a few that were just blatant attacks and shouldn't have been in the thread where we're about discussing the future of a technology.

I agree with you, which is why if you'd  have read a little bit more of my post, I said exactly that. I am against it because it is not decentralized...

That project you posted looks pretty interesting, I would like to see some more information on it, but I fail to see  how it is that much better than BURST, and something that BURST wouldn't be able to implement in the marketplace, and/or even more, with the AT implementation... have you done anything with BURST aside from mine?

The mainstream public will adopt what they find interesting, and/or what meets a need efficiently, and effectively. I fail to see the logic in saying that a service built on top of BURST would fail to meet these specifications... Also, I've got first hand knowledge of a few additions coming to BURST, which will make many more things possible.

Also, the wallet being web based, means that a whole lot of stuff can be added with relative ease, including games, etc. But I don't think that is the aspect that I will be focusing on within the projects that I'm thinking about for BURST. Though, digital goods in a system like this work out great, for sure, and games will likely be one of them, or multiple of them as it were.

Don't just hold BURST, USE IT. The holding and holding and hoping and  hoping, is not going to do much in the grand scheme.

I think that the things you've said above are simply lack of either use of the coin, or the ability to see what is possible, and when there's nothing that is impossible, everything is possible. heh.

But yea, for anyone else believing that I'm some tyrant deleting posts in the new thread, think again... for one, I simply don't have the time to do that, and for two... just no. I don't care enough for about 99 percent of whatever you all deem to be something that I would deem delete worthy... Also, why do you think this way? Have I ever lead myself as a person who would love to censor everyone? haha. If anything, I'm the one the rest of the team would like to censor sometimes. But yea...

Anyway man, I guess I just don't quite get the point of your post here, first you think you're saying something I didn't say, when in fact I did, then you're saying things that aren't true, then you're giving some sort of promo of another coin, (which I'm not against, and like I said, please give me some more detail.) but please, next time, if you're going to reply like this, maybe you should realize what I actually said in the post you're quoting before coming at me thinking you're saying something different, when in fact you're saying the same thing.

The wallet in the videos, though, is ugly. That is something that could use some improvement for sure. Also, what IS the mining style? Is it something that will be sustainable? Is it mined at all? Also, can you simply go to a web location, log in, and use it? OR does it have to be downloaded, synchronized, and then connected to with password before able to be used, then... are all of the things that you showed there native? Are there things that must be downloaded as plugins or the like? How is this easier for the general public? Forgive me if I fail to see your logic, though I'm happy that you're happy about your project, and have passion for it, that's great!

You may have taken this as hostility and directed at you specifically but it is not. I really did not want to clutter up the other new thread promoting another project and take the focus away from Burst. I thought I could post here and still reach the die-hard Burst users which is really who I am speaking to. I do not want to side track this thread or the new one with technical discussions on other up and coming solutions. I'm sure you can do some digging and find more information. You are also welcome to reach out to me privately. I just wanted to toss a couple of links out there to show that more advanced solutions will be released this year and the people who live and breath this stuff should keep an open mind.

Back to Burst.....

I honestly think you are one of the people who have made a substantial impact on this coin along with others (irontiga, dawallet, luxe, haitch and his nemesis elmit, yes also bitladen) I applaud all of your efforts especially the plan to add real value to Burst via shares of your company as well as everything the people mentioned above have contributed. You are correct I have only mined Burst and have enjoyed learning something new and unique along the way. The reason that I do not want to do more is that I do not believe it can compete with the many other up and coming solutions that make use of hard drive space. Burst is very very efficient for the act of mining compared to everything else but it still wastes that space for the sole act of "mining". If mining is half way over now it is not realistic to think people will secure the network and run nodes if all coins have already been mined......what happens then? Some people here think coins will become more scarce and more valuable and in the short term value may increase. Without major use for the coin beyond the crypto community it will just not make it.

I do not want to back something that I do not believe in to the core. There you have it.....those are my reasons why I am not standing up for Burst or contributing something to it. That does not mean I am no longer interested in seeing what you and others make of it. Honestly, crowetic you are the only shot this coin has. As you can see nothing much of significance happens here while you are away. Others may say "You are not the Dev" there is no Dev. The community has not taken any action to do anything about that on their own. You fit this coin well to lead it....why......because you believe in it. I was not attacking you personally by the original post, you could have rightfully so removed my post for being off-topic in the other thread. This thread on the other hand has turned into a shout box for well.....whatever  Wink  I do not post that often and not wanting to get into a debate....these are just my opinions, please take them as that.  Also be aware of the many projects out there that people may prefer to use hard drive space for instead of Burst. (maidsafe, storj, siacoin, eth in the future)
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

Yes, you're very right about the above... Though a debit card would be very difficult to obtain I believe...

I am going to post in this thread as this one is not self-moderated unlike the new thread and has a higher likelihood of sticking around. I would guess the same handful of people that are posting in the new thread also keep an eye on the old one as well since it is not locked.

There has not been a native crypto debit card as of yet and all existing debit cards rely on a centralized 3rd party service which defeats the purpose of crypto in general. As you might have guessed I am a little biased toward the eMunie project which is well beyond any of the existing 2.0 coins. Burst is unique on the mining front but it does not have nearly enough features to be something that will be adopted by the mainstream public. (even if it was much easier to get going). Blockchains were stepping stones to more advanced solutions (distributed ledgers) that will win the end game as solutions like that can scale well beyond BTC and blockchain based solutions.

Still nobody has come up with any solutions of what happens when all Burst have been mined. We are half way done with mining and Burst is used by maybe 100-200 people total if that with half the mining done by one person. What incentive will there be for people to use Burst after mining has ended?

a true debit card point of sale demo using eMunie natively. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZFscCpiSkM
a recent demo of the native App Store inside eMunie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S_zHtlIpeA

I have mined and continue to hold Burst but I am real when I say it will not make it as a widely adopted platform. The above links give you a glimpse of what a mainstream digital economic platform will consist of for the everyday consumer that is not technical at all. It is not vaporware as I have been testing it for over 2 years now and have seen the advancements first hand.

I don't know why people seem to think I'm doing any sort of moderating aside from removing 2 of my own posts, and a few that were just blatant attacks and shouldn't have been in the thread where we're about discussing the future of a technology.

I agree with you, which is why if you'd  have read a little bit more of my post, I said exactly that. I am against it because it is not decentralized...

That project you posted looks pretty interesting, I would like to see some more information on it, but I fail to see  how it is that much better than BURST, and something that BURST wouldn't be able to implement in the marketplace, and/or even more, with the AT implementation... have you done anything with BURST aside from mine?

The mainstream public will adopt what they find interesting, and/or what meets a need efficiently, and effectively. I fail to see the logic in saying that a service built on top of BURST would fail to meet these specifications... Also, I've got first hand knowledge of a few additions coming to BURST, which will make many more things possible.

Also, the wallet being web based, means that a whole lot of stuff can be added with relative ease, including games, etc. But I don't think that is the aspect that I will be focusing on within the projects that I'm thinking about for BURST. Though, digital goods in a system like this work out great, for sure, and games will likely be one of them, or multiple of them as it were.

Don't just hold BURST, USE IT. The holding and holding and hoping and  hoping, is not going to do much in the grand scheme.

I think that the things you've said above are simply lack of either use of the coin, or the ability to see what is possible, and when there's nothing that is impossible, everything is possible. heh.

But yea, for anyone else believing that I'm some tyrant deleting posts in the new thread, think again... for one, I simply don't have the time to do that, and for two... just no. I don't care enough for about 99 percent of whatever you all deem to be something that I would deem delete worthy... Also, why do you think this way? Have I ever lead myself as a person who would love to censor everyone? haha. If anything, I'm the one the rest of the team would like to censor sometimes. But yea...

Anyway man, I guess I just don't quite get the point of your post here, first you think you're saying something I didn't say, when in fact I did, then you're saying things that aren't true, then you're giving some sort of promo of another coin, (which I'm not against, and like I said, please give me some more detail.) but please, next time, if you're going to reply like this, maybe you should realize what I actually said in the post you're quoting before coming at me thinking you're saying something different, when in fact you're saying the same thing.

The wallet in the videos, though, is ugly. That is something that could use some improvement for sure. Also, what IS the mining style? Is it something that will be sustainable? Is it mined at all? Also, can you simply go to a web location, log in, and use it? OR does it have to be downloaded, synchronized, and then connected to with password before able to be used, then... are all of the things that you showed there native? Are there things that must be downloaded as plugins or the like? How is this easier for the general public? Forgive me if I fail to see your logic, though I'm happy that you're happy about your project, and have passion for it, that's great!

BUT

TO NEW PEOPLE AND PEOPLE LOOKING FOR UPDATED BURST INFORMATION -

DUE TO SITUATIONS BEYOND THE TEAM'S CONTROL, AND NO LONGER ALLOWING FOR EDITING OF THE MAIN POST AND FIXING OF DEAD LINKS ETC ETC THIS IS NO LONGER THE MAIN BURST THREAD, PLEASE SEE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0;topicseen  FOR THE NEW OP LOCATION. THANK YOU!
Jump to: