Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 108. (Read 2170646 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
ist bin laden still on board?
anyone heard some of elmit?

Hmm, do you miss me?
I am working on other projects, which will integrate BURST payment in the near future. Xmas is not celebrated here, maybe CNY will make it possible.

sure. and i also want to see of the "old rabbits" still on board.

@crow. you still remember my try to make a new moderated thread? this has not worked in the past, also you are one of the guys that didnt want it at most, why shoud it work now. Also i asked in the past the mods to close this one. they have denied. and they will also not close this one now. As long as no other able programmer takes over, this is the BURST Thread. Nothing against you, but this is not you baby and your intention to make money with the coin is understandable but gives you no right to do this.

As i said, without a new dev that can code new versions of the core, there is no need for a new thread! And you are just a manager with to less programming skills for core dev.

I agree with crow and the rest of the BurstDevTeam that a new thread is a good idea, so we can get the OP updated with correct info if nothing else. Let's see where the traffic go over time, that will tell if it was the right choice. I think it works now because everyone doing burst development that i know of, they agree to the solution and trust crow to hand over control once the community account is good for posting pictures. So i'm off to the new thread...

I guess it is forever up to whomever to feel that way, and I won't attempt to force anyone to do anything, if they feel the need to stay here from some primal urge, who am I to say that they can't? Best I can do I guess is keep posting the link to the real BURST OP and hope that the moderators care enough to lock this one. Then point out the new OP to all services that deal with BURST one by one until they've all made the switch. (But I don't think I'll push that too hard yet, as I'm sorta doing this as a limbo thing until we get the BurstDevTeam account to snuff.)

But yea, I appreciate the fact that most people here in the community trust me and I will never break that. Also, I just am at a loss to see why starting a new thread himself without getting anyone's permission is okay, but yet when I asked everyone, got approval, and am only doing it temporarily, boba seems to take issue... But it is what it is, as most things, so I'll let it be.

To anyone who thinks that old antiquated links and inability to modify an OP make for a crap OP, the new (interim)  OP is at the following location...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.0;topicseen
Activity: 286
Merit: 250

Hmm, do you miss me?
I am working on other projects, which will integrate BURST payment in the near future. Xmas is not celebrated here, maybe CNY will make it possible.

@crow. you still remember my try to make a new moderated thread? this has not worked in the past, also you are one of the guys that didnt want it at most, why shoud it work now. Also i asked in the past the mods to close this one. they have denied. and they will also not close this one now. As long as no other able programmer takes over, this is the BURST Thread. Nothing against you, but this is not you baby and your intention to make money with the coin is understandable but gives you no right to do this.

As i said, without a new dev that can code new versions of the core, there is no need for a new thread! And you are just a manager with to less programming skills for core dev.

I agree with crow and the rest of the BurstDevTeam that a new thread is a good idea, so we can get the OP updated with correct info if nothing else. Let's see where the traffic go over time, that will tell if it was the right choice. I think it works now because everyone doing burst development that i know of, they agree to the solution and trust crow to hand over control once the community account is good for posting pictures. So i'm off to the new thread...
Activity: 494
Merit: 100
 Smiley agreed
dont know why should i switch.

Some guys make a new thread for the coin. none of them are able to develop the coin ahead, because none of them know how to. so nothing is better than staying here....

I dont see any advantage in a new thread.....
Activity: 619
Merit: 500

Hmm, do you miss me?

Activity: 504
Merit: 512
Nice to see this thread alive and active.

These are the current active faucets BTW:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/burst-altcoin-faucets-1233458
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

Hmm, do you miss me?
legendary
it isn't about the moderation, as I've already mentioned... it is about updated information. The moderation is there as something I don't want to use, but will if absolutely necessary. Not to mention, I said I would move the thread to our group account as soon as the account obtains the required amount of posts to become able to post pictures.

But it is up to you I suppose. I just don't see the point in talking here and splitting the community up...

I am not going to be randomly moderating anyone, what's the point?
Activity: 322
Yes, i noticed there is a new self-moderated burst thread (thanks for the hint, missed that big upper case red letters) ...
Don't get me wrong, no offense, but i don't want to be 'moderated' and i don't think this thread will be locked.

Anyway ... lot of action in burst network ... over 10PB today https://bchain.info/BURST/graph/large, nice.

But i fear we have a Winner again, congratulations ...

This is just insane, someone missing a truckload of hard drives?!

I have 4.4PB so total network size is 8.8 PB actually.
No need to panic, in fact I welcome you guys to get more hashpower.
But, you will need to pump the price, there's no other way, miners need incentive.

I know, now you all expect a 51% attack as I promised, but for $40 extra a day, I couldn't care less. Maybe I'll do it for a day just as a proof of concept, but my point is: pump the price, so that more people can afford mining it, then I will no longer have 50%. If so, everybody involved in BURST will win.
Activity: 257
Merit: 255
Yes, i noticed there is a new self-moderated burst thread (thanks for the hint, missed that big upper case red letters) ...
Don't get me wrong, no offense, but i don't want to be 'moderated' and i don't think this thread will be locked.

Anyway ... lot of action in burst network ... over 10PB today https://bchain.info/BURST/graph/large, nice.

But i fear we have a Winner again, congratulations ...

This is just insane, someone missing a truckload of hard drives?!

dont know why should i switch.

Some guys make a new thread for the coin. none of them are able to develop the coin ahead, because none of them know how to. so nothing is better than staying here....

I dont see any advantage in a new thread.....
Activity: 168
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

I see elmit not sure about bin laden.   I know he is still mining I see his name everywhere.

You should head over to the NEW [ANN].  They are gonna lock this one.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.new#new
legendary
NEW ANN PAGE IS UP - PLEASE POST HERE FROM NOW ON, NEW ANN, NEW LINKS, NEW EVERYTHING! COME CHECK IT OUT, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON!

BURST IS ONCE AGAIN BEING ACTIVELY DEVELOPED AT THE CORE, TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR THE AGE OF BURST!

edit- forgot to check the selfmoderated box, I'm going to make another here, and I'll link here as well as the one I just posted after locking it.

LINK MODIFIED ABOVE, AND ALSO, HERE IT IS BIGGER FOR EVERYONE, EVERYONE, PLEASE STOP USING THIS THREAD, I WILL ALSO BE REQUESTING IT LOCKED HERE SOON FROM MODERATORS. THANKS

and you know there is a new ANN right LUXE?
I just ordered 16TB more diskspace. Speedfan (with its nice s.m.a.r.t. investigation tool) reports i have a 2TB and a 3TB drive having degraded stability so i better get them out of operation bf they actually fail.

BURST chain strength grows a bit more when i get the new disks operational, i intend to add at least 8TB BURST plots from the new disks, after rearranging stuff.

This will be the first time i actually use the seagate 8TB archive drives for plots, will let you know if i run into any issues. My only bad experience with these drives are that they tend to go dead for an extended period of time, if you throw too much data (100+GB) at them too quickly ( file copy of large files on a very fast PC ) They should be fine for BURST plots i guess, as that is read only once the plotting has been done. When i'm finished i should be solo mining more than 68TB - i was expecting a faster buildup last few months, but work got super crazy so no time to do stuff.

It is great to see someone give its full support to the BURST network. 68TB is a ton of space for the mining operation, but it does generate a huge sum of BURST. I am very curious of what will happen to BURST once all the coins are mined, and maybe once they are completely mined the price will rise. Just my thoughts.  Grin

Would guess everyone would gain transaction fees for transactions.  That is my thought anyways.

Who all is a winner and what program is that?
I just ordered 16TB more diskspace. Speedfan (with its nice s.m.a.r.t. investigation tool) reports i have a 2TB and a 3TB drive having degraded stability so i better get them out of operation bf they actually fail.

BURST chain strength grows a bit more when i get the new disks operational, i intend to add at least 8TB BURST plots from the new disks, after rearranging stuff.

This will be the first time i actually use the seagate 8TB archive drives for plots, will let you know if i run into any issues. My only bad experience with these drives are that they tend to go dead for an extended period of time, if you throw too much data (100+GB) at them too quickly ( file copy of large files on a very fast PC ) They should be fine for BURST plots i guess, as that is read only once the plotting has been done. When i'm finished i should be solo mining more than 68TB - i was expecting a faster buildup last few months, but work got super crazy so no time to do stuff.

It is great to see someone give its full support to the BURST network. 68TB is a ton of space for the mining operation, but it does generate a huge sum of BURST. I am very curious of what will happen to BURST once all the coins are mined, and maybe once they are completely mined the price will rise. Just my thoughts.  Grin

Seams we have a winner ... (at least for a period of 240 blocks)

... guess not only pinballdude ... but all burst enthusiasts ... should add some more TB to network!

Last 10 days distribution:

Last 100 days distribution:

Screens are from a in-wallet (addon) blockex, currently under development.
Activity: 257
Merit: 255

It is great to see someone give its full support to the BURST network. 68TB is a ton of space for the mining operation, but it does generate a huge sum of BURST. I am very curious of what will happen to BURST once all the coins are mined, and maybe once they are completely mined the price will rise. Just my thoughts.  Grin

Seams we have a winner ... (at least for a period of 240 blocks)

... guess not only pinballdude ... but all burst enthusiasts ... should add some more TB to network!

Last 10 days distribution:

Last 100 days distribution:

Screens are from a in-wallet (addon) blockex, currently under development.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

NEW ANN PAGE IS UP - PLEASE POST HERE FROM NOW ON, NEW ANN, NEW LINKS, NEW EVERYTHING! COME CHECK IT OUT, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FROM NOW ON!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323627.new#new

BURST IS ONCE AGAIN BEING ACTIVELY DEVELOPED AT THE CORE, TIME ONCE AGAIN FOR THE AGE OF BURST!

edit- forgot to check the selfmoderated box, I'm going to make another here, and I'll link here as well as the one I just posted after locking it.

On My Way!

You should edit the last msg and update the link.

to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1323657.new#new
legendary

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

Jump to: