Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 233. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
does burst have a way to buy hdd storage and pay in BURST?

If you mean like an online store selling hdd's for burst, then no, not at this time, although imho it's something we need.

The PR value of this, I believe, would be huge.

Is it not possible that the PR team themself could setup a simple online store (click-install on a share server) offering used and some new HDDs where you actuality pay with Burst...? I would be willing to donate several used HDDs if this is done.

To keep the shipment costs down, the HDDs should be sent to customers from at least the US and EU.

To me this seems possible to create this out any heavy investments.

I am also keen, but when u sell a hdd for burst, then it's most likely because, either you want to get some $$$ together, and turn a profit selling hdd's, which results in dumping, or you are exiting burst, because u no longer want to mine. This also results in dumping. What you really need is btc investors backing the sales and accumulating the burst.

Although if people were willing to donate....well, i actually don't see why they would....

Oh, and elmit, on the subject of web development, i find your site inspirational: http://elmit.com/ Well, i mean, it's great to learn from, how NOT to do web design. Here's a tip, a few words of wisdom i have learnt over the past few months. Don't tell everyone ur some super genius, but have your home page be full of sample content from a wordpress theme. Just some advice.
Activity: 504

If you mean like an online store selling hdd's for burst, then no, not at this time, although imho it's something we need.

The PR value of this, I believe, would be huge.

Is it not possible that the PR team themself could setup a simple online store (click-install on a share server) offering used and some new HDDs where you actuality pay with Burst...? I would be willing to donate several used HDDs if this is done.

To keep the shipment costs down, the HDDs should be sent to customers from at least the US and EU.

To me this seems possible to create this out any heavy investments.

Otherwise if you mean a maidsafe/storj style network storage rental thing, then it's a feature which we want, and there are a few burst bounty for it, but there is no dev showing interest in helping out with this feature at this time.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Activity: 539
the public pool code also rewards such small miners. and there is a setting, that they will payout if the value is reached.

Isn't EXACTLY why you use a pool, so that small miners get a chance to win?

sure for every account you plot new files and new deadlines.

i had that issue with some miners at my pool. Within days i got 500 Miners at my pool, hundrets of them joined my pool in seconds. because of that, i plemented a protection for that. if this wasnt a problem for the pool, be sure i would not write it here. if you run the unmodified version, such miners can cheat your poolcode and get burst. and that not good for the other miners at your pool.

You got many miners, because you offered rewards for additional miners. After that is gone, they go back, because cryptofarm pay out to smaller miners, you don't (quickly enough). As I remember you pay only 4% of one round out, so till a small miner reaches the payout threshold takes too long.

Urays code cannot handle many miners submitting dl.
You get a lots of traffic and handling/calculations on the pool.

However, most of this shortcomings you can fix with thoughtful settings. Not by introducing new program errors ;-)

My new pool software handles it differently. We can handle 100,000 miners, but don't worry, at the current price there are not so many left.

Elmer, that would be your new state of the art pool code, that looks amazingly like Urays original code, except you've removed the payout info so people can't see you're stealing from them?

Oh, and BTW - your state of the art code has been doing a 30 round old block for the last 2+ 3+ hours ... Might need to tweak your code a little.

You're welcome.

H.

Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
Haha, that must be one of the clearest STFU-post I ever seen. Smiley Perhaps he moved from dedi to shared, Irontiga?
Why don't u guys ask him urself lol. I have been personally told stuff about that server. I won't share, as it's none of my business though. Who the hell has a dedicated server and hosts a single site on it? What the hang elmit.

1. Just do ONCE what you said you will, ... Go! Disappear! Vaporize!

2. You are just a person without a plan, without knowledge, just talking nonsense.
As more you talk as more you reveal of yourself. Read again 1.

3. Maybe you do not even realize what you say, or cannot understand what is talked here.
At least you proof it with each post here. Read again 1.

4. Keep on your good work of web design, it is a fulfilling job, maybe that is the best you can do.
Maybe you can do that as a profession, learning from the other side what a server is at all. Read again 1.

1. bye-bye

Elmit, seriously you need to quit posting in this thread. I've been reading your posts for a little bit and i feel like my iq has gone down from your stupidity, you need to do everyone a favour and please stop posting in this thread.

That being said great job burst dev, plus crowetic and irontiga and anyone else i've missed that has been developing and supporting this coin.
i used the ignore button
Just (yet) another question from the Burst newbie:

- Have you ever considered to have a self-moderated thread? If all the junk, spam and reposts were removed from this one, I bet it would be more than half as long and much more enjoyable to read as this one. If Burstdev doesn't have time for a new thread, perhaps a new one could be created and moderated by the dev-team jointly (to spread the work load). Important information here could be copied over or just linked to. In the new one all the OT could be deleted.

If a discussion of censorship would occur, create a new unmoderated thread, but move relevant discussions to the moderated one.

Kiss

Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
Haha, that must be one of the clearest STFU-post I ever seen. Smiley Perhaps he moved from dedi to shared, Irontiga?
Why don't u guys ask him urself lol. I have been personally told stuff about that server. I won't share, as it's none of my business though. Who the hell has a dedicated server and hosts a single site on it? What the hang elmit.

2. You are just a person without a plan, without knowledge, just talking nonsense.

3. Maybe you do not even realize what you say, or cannot understand what is talked here.

4. Keep on your good work of web design, it is a fulfilling job, maybe that is the best you can do.
Maybe you can do that as a profession, learning from the other side what a server is at all. Read again 1.

1. bye-bye

Elmit, seriously you need to quit posting in this thread. I've been reading your posts for a little bit and i feel like my iq has gone down from your stupidity, you need to do everyone a favour and please stop posting in this thread.

That being said great job burst dev, plus crowetic and irontiga and anyone else i've missed that has been developing and supporting this coin.

I admire your IQ.
Have a nice Sunday.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

1. bye-bye

1. bye-bye

I believe, that burstcoin.eu is on a shared server and not a cloud instance. From my experience a time out / such server errors occur if a database query takes over. Not likely on a shared server, since most likely these providers use a dedicated database server.

Maybe a node instead of apache server would solve that. The log file would sure give a clue.

Uhm....do u have any clue what ur talking about? Smaxer's burstcoin.eu is on DEDICATED hardware, i have NEVER experienced any issues with it. Anyone who does, well, they must be having issues on their side, especially u elmit, with ur 100% uptime isp....

I thought you are already gone! No trust in you, not even your disappearing we can trust anymore! Lol

Yes, I DO have a clue what I am talking about.
I guess I have handled more servers than you have ever counted of. Interpret that as you wish ;-)

How often have we heard that Jason's try of a server failed? I believe now that it is YOUR help that made all these downtime.

I do help people if they ask - with correct advices, not like you with wrong answers and Phishing attempts.

host burstcoin.eu
burstcoin.eu has address 176.9.101.198
burstcoin.eu mail is handled by 10 mail.burstcoin.eu.

host scriptforge.de
scriptforge.de has address 176.9.101.198
scriptforge.de mail is handled by 10 mail.scriptforge.de.

host www.freepresent.de
www.freepresent.de has address 176.9.101.198

host bonideluxe.de
bonideluxe.de has address 176.9.101.198
bonideluxe.de mail is handled by 10 mail.bonideluxe.de.

Other domains with that IP:
atempause-entspannung.info
gute-seiten.info
guteseiten.info
klang-entspannung.info

host 176.9.101.198
198.101.9.176.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer s1.scriptforge.de.

That does NOT sound as a dedicated server!!!!

IP Hoster:    Hetzner Online
IP Company:    Hetzner Online
IP Server Location:    Nuremberg, Germany
IP GEO Location:    49°26'52.008" North, 11°4'5.988" West
OS on this IP:    Ubuntu x64Ubuntu x64
Reverse lookup of IP: 176.9.101.198

Of course that is just my interpretation of data available on the Internet.   

I believe, that burstcoin.eu is on a shared server and not a cloud instance. From my experience a time out / such server errors occur if a database query takes over. Not likely on a shared server, since most likely these providers use a dedicated database server.

Maybe a node instead of apache server would solve that. The log file would sure give a clue.

Uhm....do u have any clue what ur talking about? Smaxer's burstcoin.eu is on DEDICATED hardware, i have NEVER experienced any issues with it. Anyone who does, well, they must be having issues on their side, especially u elmit, with ur 100% uptime isp....

24hr Change
-10.94%

Have stopped checking prices but saw the above on https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_burst Last deal was at 57 satoshi.
Activity: 619
the public pool code also rewards such small miners. and there is a setting, that they will payout if the value is reached.

Isn't EXACTLY why you use a pool, so that small miners get a chance to win?

i had that issue with some miners at my pool. Within days i got 500 Miners at my pool, hundrets of them joined my pool in seconds. because of that, i plemented a protection for that. if this wasnt a problem for the pool, be sure i would not write it here. if you run the unmodified version, such miners can cheat your poolcode and get burst. and that not good for the other miners at your pool.

You got many miners, because you offered rewards for additional miners. After that is gone, they go back, because cryptofarm pay out to smaller miners, you don't (quickly enough). As I remember you pay only 4% of one round out, so till a small miner reaches the payout threshold takes too long.

Urays code cannot handle many miners submitting dl.
You get a lots of traffic and handling/calculations on the pool.

However, most of this shortcomings you can fix with thoughtful settings. Not by introducing new program errors ;-)

My new pool software handles it differently. We can handle 100,000 miners, but don't worry, at the current price there are not so many left.
you can see this at cryptomining.farm. this was the pool this miners comes from and as they saw, that i dont pay them, the got back to crypto.

If you look at crypto, you see over 600 miners. but here http://burstcoin.eu/pools you see, that only 169 are payed out. Thats because of this cheaters.

sure you can now say, no, thats all small miners. but believe me, that is not the reason.

Another question, where did http://burst.poolto.be come from with 150 miners...? It shows on burstcoin.eu but is not even mentioned in the OP.

blago miner for windows is supporting i think 1000 or more accounts at one instance.

so you create 1000 accounts. make for every account a plot file with 1GB and let it run with the pool. so the pool has 1000 miners.

some pools has no protection for that and out there are a few miners, that get with 1000x 1GB from this pools significant more burst than with one 1TB plot. i also had to face that issue, but i fixed this in my poolcode to protect the miners that not try to cheat.

I classify this as pure nonsense! But I might be wrong!

1. you can see plot files as "precalculated" results (dl)
If you use the same results (same dl of different miners), only one can be ahead and be the winner. In the pool we do not use "winner" but higher shares.
If you use different dl, then there is always one with more or less shares.
I cannot see that there would be a difference of 1000 x 1 GB or 1 x 1TB

2. the protection is on the pool if you disallow smaller miners. It means that the pool will not be spamed with 1000s of results from different miners.
If bigger miners are on the pool only the best of each miner will be counted though. I don't think that would be result in 100s of BURSTs per day.
Jump to: