Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 309. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 619
Merit: 500
Burstcoin English Wiki http://wiki.burstcoin.de

Update and News: Plot Optimization with Windows Guide is now available

This wiki will soon be implemented in the offical wiki.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
We've changed the BURST donation address to:

BURST-BRL2-BDNK-EZW8-5F3V8

DO NOT DONATE TO THE OLD ADDRESS!!

So far, these donations have been given but the majority is anonymous. That's ok to be, but if you want credit on the Hall of Fame-page (http://burstcoin.info/about/) please email [email protected] or PM me.

EDIT: The presentation of donors has been a bit updated too
The donations to our BTC account cleared up by re-syncing the blockchain:

- I donated 0.03819606 BTC at 08.32 CET today
- Someone else donated 0.0799 at 14.00 CET today, but remains anonymous. If you want you nick on the Hall of Fame-page, please email burst@countermail or PM me Smiley No-matter-what, thank you for the donation! Smiley

i sent a small donation of 2500 burst
someone else also sent 2500, don't know who that was.

my transaction as a message mentioning my nick

Thanks! Good idea with the inclusion of nick Smiley Donors, that is a third way verifying your contribution.

I'm really happy someone donated a smaller sum as those can prove really important if *many* holders/miner understand that they do not need to donate 100K.

Would be great if we could create a culture where smaller donations (few hundred/Ks) become an everyday thing for holders/miner to people/groups contributing to BURST. That can very well bring in more money overall to the devs (or who you want to support) than the huuuge donations (which we ofc also welcome as they today are necessary;) ).

It might also make more community members contributing with "dev work" if they almost know they will get a few K for it.

Activity: 435
Burstcoin English Wiki http://wiki.burstcoin.de

Update and News: Poolmining Guide is now available

This wiki will soon be implemented in the offical wiki.

If you want to keep parroting the same message, at least fix the "offical" typo.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
Blago,
when your miner encounters this condition: "Unexpected end of file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_100000000_xxxxxxxx_xxxxxx" i don't think the memory is released/cleared the same way as if a thread finishes normally.  Does this make sense or am I imagining this? thanks!

hmmm.... memory should be released/cleared as normal. Can you PM me screenshots of miner, memory usage and plot's filesize/filename? 
This error should not appear at all.
it does appear due to the last stagger not being properly written out I think when that specific plot file was generated. I didn't want to re-plot a large file so the last few gigs are not important, but it does cause this error to pop up on that plot file often enough, it's displayed by the miner.  it is not caused by memory issue.  the miner reads it all the way till the last few gigs, so i don't care about this error, other than i noticed memory clearing differently if a mining round encounters it.

however, I have made an OS change earlier today and I don't have the same win7 battles anymore, so I don't experience issues related to this on win7 anymore.  i should have switched much sooner in retrospect.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Please support the BURST PR team by donating some satoshis or BURST (as we have no funding from premine or IPOs):
BTC: 17SrpSXT6Zv1DvtyoSaSM1mzGhCMX7szRg BURST: BURST-NUKZ-MDJR-G7VD-BQ5A6

Just sent 25k, Keep up the good work!
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

- Someone else donated 0.0799 at 14.00 CET today, but remains anonymous. If you want you nick on the Hall of Fame-page, please email burst@countermail or PM me Smiley No-matter-what, thank you for the donation! Smiley

My name can appear on a list if I donate? That actually does make me want to donate a little. What address?

From mmmaybe's sig:

Please support the BURST PR team by donating some satoshis or BURST (as we have no funding from premine or IPOs):
For the time being, donors will be honored on http://burstcoin.info/about/. Spending of donation will be reported on BurstForum.com: http://bit.ly/1JiBu2t. Send a PM or an email to [email protected] so we can give you proper credit. Thanks, The BURST' Community PR TEAM

H.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 539

My name can appear on a list if I donate? That actually does make me want to donate a little. What address?

From mmmaybe's sig:

For the time being, donors will be honored on http://burstcoin.info/about/. Spending of donation will be reported on BurstForum.com: http://bit.ly/1JiBu2t. Send a PM or an email to [email protected] so we can give you proper credit. Thanks, The BURST' Community PR TEAM

H.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

Sweet!!! ty!
does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the java wallet start batch file so that when the java wallet crashes, the bat file will launch it again?
I added a simple :start and goto start around current bat file but I think it just starts it in an infinite loop.
any ideas?
the java wallet started crashing today on win 10 all of a sudden.

Yeah, I can modify my run anywhere script to that - as long as it is fully crashing, if it's just going comatose I can't detect that. Incorporating a "kill the wallet every n

so when I'm testing this, I get this:

C:\burst_1.2.2>runLoop.bat
Checking Path only
Java found at: C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
C:\burst_1.2.2>

it launches the browser but local wallet does not start

Tested it on a couple of my machines, and it's working without issue - the wallet does start in a separate window though. However the fact you're dropping out of the batch file indicates something is failing. Change the @echo off to @echo on and run it again, then post the full output.

H.

C:\burst_1.2.2_2>start http://localhost:8125
C:\burst_1.2.2_2>

Looks fine, until it fails to even try to start the wallet .....

change the batch to look like this:
:startup
REM start http://localhost:8125        <-- change this line
:loop
Echo Launch Params: %launch%      <-- add this line
start /wait %launch%
goto :loop
:done
pause
I'm not real
Sweet!!! ty!
does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the java wallet start batch file so that when the java wallet crashes, the bat file will launch it again?
I added a simple :start and goto start around current bat file but I think it just starts it in an infinite loop.
any ideas?

Yeah, I can modify my run anywhere script to that - as long as it is fully crashing, if it's just going comatose I can't detect that. Incorporating a "kill the wallet every n

Checking Path only

Tested it on a couple of my machines, and it's working without issue - the wallet does start in a separate window though. However the fact you're dropping out of the batch file indicates something is failing. Change the @echo off to @echo on and run it again, then post the full output.

H.

C:\burst_1.2.2_2>runLoop.bat

C:\burst_1.2.2_2>echo Checking Path only
Checking Path only

C:\burst_1.2.2_2>for %f in (java.exe) do if exist %~$path:f (
echo Java found at: %~$path:f
 set launch="BURST" %~$path:f -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
 goto startup
)  else (
echo Not found in Path, Searching full C drive
 for /F "tokens=*" %f in ('where /F /R C: java.exe') do (
echo Java found at: %f
 set launch="BURST" %f -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
 goto startup
)
)

C:\burst_1.2.2_2>if exist C:\Windows\System32\java.exe (
echo Java found at: C:\Windows\System32\java.exe
 set launch="BURST" C:\Windows\System32\java.exe -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
 goto startup
)  else (
echo Not found in Path, Searching full C drive
 for /F "tokens=*" %f in ('where /F /R C: java.exe') do (
echo Java found at: java.exe
 set launch="BURST" java.exe -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
 goto startup
)
)

C:\burst_1.2.2_2>start http://localhost:8125
C:\burst_1.2.2_2>
Activity: 588
Activity: 193
Hey, can i get smwhr black t-shirt with brst logo?
Activity: 286

i sent a small donation of 2500 burst
someone else also sent 2500, don't know who that was.

my transaction as a message mentioning my nick

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
I have contacted the guy about integrating with some games, after saying they needed to support NXT, they came back a day later saying they could support BURST in CS and CSGO servers.

I'm following up with that.

There is a 20 dollar monthly fee (very reasonable I think) that goes to the servers, etc.

Thanks!
Sweet!!! ty!
any ideas?

Checking Path only

H.
I'm not real
Sweet!!! ty!
any ideas?

Checking Path only

Activity: 341
Hello BURST community !!

Can anyone please guide me on how to create a custom burn address?

Will appreciate your kind help.

http://wiki.burstcoin.de/index.php?title=FAQ

If vandalay really meant a burn address this would not help completely, as he would have access to it.
Well, at least I would not trust a burn address like that, just send coins to genesis acc

Can you please elaborate on the genesis account?
I know it exists for NXT as well

how is it provably unspendable?
and what is the public key of the BURST gen account?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
When did Burst start enforcing 1.2.2 over 1.2.1?
Jump to: