Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 310. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 619
Merit: 500
Burstcoin English Wiki http://wiki.burstcoin.de

Update and News: Poolmining Guide is now available

This wiki will soon be implemented in the offical wiki.

Good job so far!

I would suggest that you explain how to solo mine from several mining PCs to one wallet as well.
It is a bit confusing for some cuz you have to set your satelites to:

"Mode" : "pool",

it this worth a own guide? you point your minerst without a local wallet instead of 127.0.0.1 in miner.conf to the ip adresse of the PC with wallet and open the firewall port for incoming connections on the pc with local wallt.

thats it.

you do not to need use mode pool in miner.conf. what you mean is the blago feature to have blage miner in proxy mode and point all others to the proxy. but this is a different szenario and not needed for the szenaria you describe.

ah ok, if i think about it a little bit, you have also to change the wallet config to accept other connections as from localhost.

I will write a guide for both. blago proxy and wallet accecpting incoming connections.

Good job so far!

I would suggest that you explain how to solo mine from several mining PCs to one wallet as well.

it this worth a own guide? you point your minerst without a local wallet instead of 127.0.0.1 in miner.conf to the ip adresse of the PC with wallet and open the firewall port for incoming connections on the pc with local wallt.

thats it.

you do not to need use mode pool in miner.conf. what you mean is the blago feature to have blage miner in proxy mode and point all others to the proxy. but this is a different szenario and not needed for the szenaria you describe.

Activity: 506
Merit: 252

Good job so far!

Activity: 527
Merit: 503
Hello BURST community !!

Can anyone please guide me on how to create a custom burn address?

Will appreciate your kind help.

http://wiki.burstcoin.de/index.php?title=FAQ

If vandalay really meant a burn address this would not help completely, as he would have access to it.
Well, at least I would not trust a burn address like that, just send coins to genesis acc

2 suggestions:
If you spell out the complete address it is as impossible to find a password for it as it is for any address. So for example: Burst-THIS-ISAB-URN-ADDR

Other way:
Pick a password you can prove:
Let's make a burn address
This generates:
BURST-FP88-F3GX-MYTJ-849QM
Now change one letter/number:
BURST-BP88-F3GX-MYTJ-849QM

Either one is now a provable burn address.
Activity: 539
Sweet!!! ty!
does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the java wallet start batch file so that when the java wallet crashes, the bat file will launch it again?
I added a simple :start and goto start around current bat file but I think it just starts it in an infinite loop.
any ideas?
the java wallet started crashing today on win 10 all of a sudden.

New version - creates the Wallet_Kicker, to optionally restart it every n seconds.

Code:
@echo on
REM Create the wallet restarter
REM goto skip_kick
REM Change the 3600 below to how often you want the wallet restarted - in seconds, max 99999; 3600 = hourly
REM This will kill ALL java processes, to disable, remove the REM from the above REM goto skip_kick
echo @echo off>kick_wallet.bat
echo :loop>>kick_wallet.bat
echo timeout /T 3600>>kick_wallet.bat
echo taskkill /F /IM java.exe>>kick_wallet.bat
echo goto loop>>kick_wallet.bat
start /min kick_wallet.bat
:skip_kick

echo Checking Path only
for %%f in (java.exe) do if exist %%~$path:f (
  echo Java found at: %%~$path:f
  set launch="BURST" %%~$path:f -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
  goto startup
  ) else (
  echo Not found in Path, Searching full C drive
  for /F "tokens=*" %%f in ('where /F /R C: java.exe') do (
   echo Java found at: %%f
   set launch="BURST" %%f -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
   goto startup
    )
  )
echo No Java Found on this Computer
goto done
:startup
start http://localhost:8125
:loop
start /wait %launch%
goto :loop
:done
pause

H.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
does anyone have any suggestions on how to modify the java wallet start batch file so that when the java wallet crashes, the bat file will launch it again?
I added a simple :start and goto start around current bat file but I think it just starts it in an infinite loop.
any ideas?

The wallet normally doesn't crash....it kinda just stops working....so best would be a restart script which kills and restarts it every n minutes or hours. I actually wouldn't mind that script for *nix....
oh it definitely crashes!  which it's never done before.  I don't think restarting really is necessary, I've had it run for weeks without issues... but the win10 started crashing all of a sudden and I'm finding reports as of 3 weeks ago about same java crashes on win10,
gonna try 32 bit version instead
any ideas?

Yeah, I can modify my run anywhere script to that - as long as it is fully crashing, if it's just going comatose I can't detect that. Incorporating a "kill the wallet every n
Activity: 588
any ideas?

The wallet normally doesn't crash....it kinda just stops working....so best would be a restart script which kills and restarts it every n minutes or hours. I actually wouldn't mind that script for *nix....
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
any ideas?
No problem :-)

I assumes Angles (acute, obtuse, right angled etc) is supposed to actually be Angels (Supernatural beings etc)    ;-)

H.

Hehe, i beat u to PM'ing him Grin. Unfortunately i didn't explain it as good as u did Wink

I said angles were from triangles, and angels had halo's

Thank you for noticing, report everything you see, please Smiley Remember that irontiga is crazy enough to let a dyslectic non-native speaking do-my-best-but-often-fail guy edit the homepage on the fly  Roll Eyes

Smiley)

What could possibly go wrong with that ??

We Kiwis can be a little crazy ...... ;-)

H.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I assumes Angles (acute, obtuse, right angled etc) is supposed to actually be Angels (Supernatural beings etc)    ;-)

H.

Hehe, i beat u to PM'ing him Grin. Unfortunately i didn't explain it as good as u did Wink

Thank you for noticing, report everything you see, please Smiley Remember that irontiga is crazy enough to let a dyslectic non-native speaking do-my-best-but-often-fail guy edit the homepage on the fly  Roll Eyes

Smiley)
Spead the news about our new market, ppl Smiley

https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/status/585932417506156544

https://twitter.com/real_BURSTCOIN/status/585933632524660736

PR Team will send out a short press release tomorrow. "Sell & buy freely, fee-less, regulation-free --- like the Internet was intended" Wink
Activity: 256

Will find out what reward recipient is....and at's

Ahh, yes, reward recipient is type 20, and subtype 0, and AT's are type 22

the wallet link is a great point to start with. many thanks for it.

# type, subtype
'0', '0' - Payment -- Ordinary payment
'1', '0' - Messaging -- Arbitrary message
'1', '6' - Messaging -- Hub terminal announcement
'1', '7' - Messaging -- Account info
'2', '1' - Colored coins -- Asset transfer
'3', '4' - Digital goods -- Purchase
'3', '5' - Digital goods -- Delivery
'3', '6' - Digital goods -- Feedback
'4', '0' - Account Control -- Effective balance leasing
'20', '0' -
'21', '0' -
'21', '3' -

what i am currently not sure about is wether my mysql db misses some tx entries or the whole type 2 asset trades use only 2-1 types.

I was thinking about this today, and tiga reminded me it already exists.

http://burstcoin.info/market/

The BURST marketplace explorer.

Explain more about it, please. Is this like an ordinary market where trust between buyers/sellers are needed, or is the money escrowed in some way to make it trustless?

Basically all the explorer does is let you know whose wallet addresses have an item for sale on the marketplace. If you see something you like, you can go into your marketplace... (http://pool.burstcoining.com:8125/index.html) by clicking "marketplace" on the left after logging into your wallet. Once you've done that use the explorer to find the account ID you need to add, add it and you can see the sellers items. As simple as that.

It is up to the seller (I believe, don't hold me to this) to make for escrow transactions.

But Since escrow is built into BURST as well (I still say it is the best coin ever.) it makes it very easy to implement escrow.

Yes, in theory it is quite simple to see escrow implemented; would be nice to have it tho. That, and some kind of grad system on the active sellers/buyers and ebay can close for good!

H.

Holy cow, BURST was voted second in this competition, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vote-doneann-the-altcoins-foundation-platform-version-10beta-released-1000833 voted ahead of really big coins like ripple. Burst is poular and has widespread acceptance, we'll mob the floor with most other much higher marketcap altcoins.

With this kind of end user support, burst marketing department might consider doing a campaign for voting burst into some more exchanges - that might allow more traders to be able to trade burst.  

We could, and would gladly do that (as when we get the Chinese site, we'd need an Asian exchange), but atm we have zero money for PR. We have the BTC collected for the next press release secured, but those will be used for that. Since we mostly need BTC, setting up a CF isn't going to solve it.

We did get a generous donation from a Russian guy, but those BTC are invested and will soon bear fruit. As of now, we are paying all expenses by ourself, and that is far for ideal... I'd estimate I donated a more than million BURST by now, and that just me of the crew members.

I'll put a BTC address for your change BTC in my sig together with a BURST address, and hope that more community members and crew will do the same. I can promise you total transparency of who donates and what the money is spent on, reported in a thread at BurstForum.

On the .info-website, we are also planning for a "Hall of Fame"-wall for donors as their generosity is very important for the growth of BURST, not least internationally. So if you donate some sats, please PM me or email your nick, tx and sum so we can give you proper credit in the future.

Regards

EDIT: Put up temporary Hall of Fame at http://burstcoin.info/about/ and a spending thread on https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/donate-to-the-pr-team.783/

Just made a 250,000 BURST donation as well as a 2500 transaction fee (for the miners.) BURST is amazing. Let us continue to make it moreso! Thanks!

edit : btw, the link to byte.enterprises doesn't work from the about page, and there is no link to burst.ninja. Can we add both of those things? Also, I have a few grammatical corrections that I will send your way. Smiley Overall it is great!

Thanks for your continues support! Updated Hall of Fame and links Smiley Se my sig.

However, I'd be great to see some other names but the usual suspects when it comes to donation. If BURST should reach it's full potential wide-spread support is needed.

And you do not have to do as crowe and send a massive quarter of a mill: Many donations of 1K BURST and 0,02BTC will together give us strength (and your name on the Hall of Fame as a token that you financially supports BURST).

EDIT:

0,799BTC on 17SrpSXT6Zv1DvtyoSaSM1mzGhCMX7szRg [note: I put unconfirmed on this one; I only donated half of that sum and have no idea why it shows the double)
275,000 BURST on BURST-NUKZ-MDJR-G7VD-BQ5A6

As this is so important for how we are able to present the innovation our researchers and crew do, I pump this again. We have a lot more than 15,000 BURST wallets out there, but so far only two members have donated...

I'll put this as clearly as possible: Without economic help from the community, BURST will not reach it's full potential. Donating is an investment in the coin's future value. For how to donate, see me sig.

Just sent a donation your way.

H.

Thanks a lot for your generosity and concern for BURST, haitch! You name will never be forgotten.

We'll make a better locking and clearer Hall of Fame-page eventually and move the early contributers over there, tho. We'll also secure access to the wallets by more than one Team member.

For now donors are found at http://burstcoin.info/about/#Angles

I assume Angles (acute, obtuse, right angled etc) is supposed to actually be Angels (Supernatural beings etc)    ;-)

H.

Holy cow, BURST was voted second in this competition, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vote-doneann-the-altcoins-foundation-platform-version-10beta-released-1000833 voted ahead of really big coins like ripple. Burst is poular and has widespread acceptance, we'll mob the floor with most other much higher marketcap altcoins.

With this kind of end user support, burst marketing department might consider doing a campaign for voting burst into some more exchanges - that might allow more traders to be able to trade burst.  

We could, and would gladly do that (as when we get the Chinese site, we'd need an Asian exchange), but atm we have zero money for PR. We have the BTC collected for the next press release secured, but those will be used for that. Since we mostly need BTC, setting up a CF isn't going to solve it.

We did get a generous donation from a Russian guy, but those BTC are invested and will soon bear fruit. As of now, we are paying all expenses by ourself, and that is far for ideal... I'd estimate I donated a more than million BURST by now, and that just me of the crew members.

I'll put a BTC address for your change BTC in my sig together with a BURST address, and hope that more community members and crew will do the same. I can promise you total transparency of who donates and what the money is spent on, reported in a thread at BurstForum.

On the .info-website, we are also planning for a "Hall of Fame"-wall for donors as their generosity is very important for the growth of BURST, not least internationally. So if you donate some sats, please PM me or email your nick, tx and sum so we can give you proper credit in the future.

Regards

EDIT: Put up temporary Hall of Fame at http://burstcoin.info/about/ and a spending thread on https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/donate-to-the-pr-team.783/

Just made a 250,000 BURST donation as well as a 2500 transaction fee (for the miners.) BURST is amazing. Let us continue to make it moreso! Thanks!

edit : btw, the link to byte.enterprises doesn't work from the about page, and there is no link to burst.ninja. Can we add both of those things? Also, I have a few grammatical corrections that I will send your way. Smiley Overall it is great!

Thanks for your continues support! Updated Hall of Fame and links Smiley Se my sig.

However, I'd be great to see some other names but the usual suspects when it comes to donation. If BURST should reach it's full potential wide-spread support is needed.

And you do not have to do as crowe and send a massive quarter of a mill: Many donations of 1K BURST and 0,02BTC will together give us strength (and your name on the Hall of Fame as a token that you financially supports BURST).

EDIT:

0,799BTC on 17SrpSXT6Zv1DvtyoSaSM1mzGhCMX7szRg [note: I put unconfirmed on this one; I only donated half of that sum and have no idea why it shows the double)
275,000 BURST on BURST-NUKZ-MDJR-G7VD-BQ5A6

As this is so important for how we are able to present the innovation our researchers and crew do, I pump this again. We have a lot more than 15,000 BURST wallets out there, but so far only two members have donated...

I'll put this as clearly as possible: Without economic help from the community, BURST will not reach it's full potential. Donating is an investment in the coin's future value. For how to donate, see me sig.

Just sent a donation your way.

H.

Thanks a lot for your generosity and concern for BURST, haitch! You name will never be forgotten.

We'll make a better locking and clearer Hall of Fame-page eventually and move the early contributers over there, tho. We'll also secure access to the wallets by more than one Team member.

For now donors are found at http://burstcoin.info/about/#Angles
i got some time to continue to work on an indexed mysql blockchain copy and need some help with the tx types and subtypes.

my tx table contains all transactions ever made on the blockchain. currently there were 7 types and some subtypes used.
is there any documentation what the numbers mean like type 0 subtype 0 is a regular transfer from one account to another?

these are all combinations which currently exist in the tx data of the blockchain:
# type, subtype
'0', '0'
'1', '0'
'1', '6'
'1', '7'
'2', '1'
'3', '4'
'3', '5'
'3', '6'
'4', '0'
'20', '0'
'21', '0'
'21', '3'

Use api call
Code:
http://wallet.burstcoin.info/burst?requestType=getConstants
, it's in there. If you want i can PM you my php that converts the number to a readable word(as seen on my blockex, if you look under an account page)
here's the nice json of it ;P

Code:
{  
   "transactionTypes":[  
      {  
         "subtypes":[  
            {  
               "description":"Ordinary payment",
               "value":0
            }
         ],
         "description":"Payment",
      },
      {  
            {  
               "description":"Arbitrary message",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Alias assignment",
               "value":1
            },
            {  
               "description":"Alias sell",
               "value":6
            },
            {  
               "description":"Alias buy",
               "value":7
            },
            {  
               "description":"Poll creation",
               "value":2
            },
            {  
               "description":"Vote casting",
               "value":3
            },
            {  
               "description":"Hub terminal announcement",
               "value":4
            },
            {  
               "description":"Account info",
               "value":5
            }
         ],
         "description":"Messaging",
      },
      {  
            {  
               "description":"Asset issuance",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Asset transfer",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Ask order placement",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Bid order placement",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Ask order cancellation",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Bid order cancellation",
            }
         ],
         "description":"Colored coins",
      },
      {  
            {  
               "description":"Listing",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Delisting",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Price change",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Quantity change",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Purchase",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Delivery",
            },
            {  
               "description":"Feedback",
               "value":6
            },
            {  
               "description":"Refund",
               "value":7
            }
         ],
         "description":"Digital goods",
      },
      {  
            {  
               "description":"Effective balance leasing",
            }
         ],
         "description":"Account Control",
      }
   ]
}
Will find out what reward recipient is....and at's

Ahh, yes, reward recipient is type 20, and subtype 0, and AT's are type 22
I was thinking about this today, and tiga reminded me it already exists.

http://burstcoin.info/market/

The BURST marketplace explorer.

Explain more about it, please. Is this like an ordinary market where trust between buyers/sellers are needed, or is the money escrowed in some way to make it trustless?

Buyer seller trust is still needed, and so ebay etc. may still be safer for the buyer, but it is better in that it has no fees going to a party outside of the deal.
Jump to: