Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 318. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Please could somebody reply to this. Since I'm coming into this coin pretty late what are the current sizes of your rigs?(TB) If I want to start mining burstcoin what would be good size to do so? Not trying to make a fortune just possibly keep cost down and at least recover my investment over time. Thanks a lot if you could reply to this. Have a good one.

One last thing currently when I try to configure my wallet using the guide provided the url is not working and i keep running into an error. "The webpage is not available" I have the latest version of java and am running the the auto bat file. Please if you know how to fix this that would be great. Otherwise no burst coin for me.

I vastly prefer using my beta pool's wallet as an online wallet. It has been confirmed by the dev that your password is safe in transmission, so there is no need for ssl. Even so, we're making a public online wallet that WILL have ssl.

http://pool.burstcoining.com:8125

you can access the wallet there, input your password to access your BURST wallet. The beautiful thing with BURST is that all you need is any wallet and your superbadass password to get into your account.

I hate running a local wallet and waiting for the chain to sync, etc. So I use my beta pool wallet. You can as well. Smiley
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Activity: 225
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
The AT team is quite busy but you are welcome to send a PM to discuss how we might be able to work something out.

Do you, or anyone else, have a link to documentation for someone to read along and attempt to build an AT?
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
The AT team is quite busy but you are welcome to send a PM to discuss how we might be able to work something out.
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
1. Each car has its own set of ATs running on the blockchain
2. User sends funds to use the car for a certain period of time
3. Upon receiving funds AT releases a key which 'unlocks' the car for that specified time period

Rather than "releasing a key" it would probably make more sense that the renter provides a "secret" and the hash of this would be stored in the day(s) they wish to hire (assuming perhaps 31 variables where one is for each day of the month).

When they turn up to pick up the car they provide the secret (which then clears that day ready for the next month) and if they don't turn up then perhaps something like a message with the hash from the AT creator clears those days (as a forced cancellation).

Note that with this approach each car would only need a single AT.

Also as blocks are not an exact measure of time each AT might need manual messages (from its creator) to keep it time locked (otherwise perhaps create a new AT every month or create ATs with 366 variables to cover an entire year for a car).

Assuming this a bit like Uber (but renting your own car out rather than acting as a taxi) then I think a key part is going to be having a smartphone app.

how do I go about making a smart property for a car sharing business I'm getting started? Or is that even possible yet, I want to use Burst

It is possible. All the building blocks with regards to blockchain tech exist in Burst. The problem would be implementing it in practice.

A quick run down of the renting flow for a single user off the top of my head.

3. Upon receiving funds AT releases a key which 'unlocks' the car for that specified time period

Burst can do 1, 2 and half of 3 in a trustless manner, true issue lies in interfacing the car and the blockchain (with myriad operational difficulties ofc). If you'd like to build a fully trustless system, you'd need an automated interface between the blockchain and the car. No such devices exist yet (to the best of my knowledge).

However, should you decide to be the ice-breaker, I am sure you will get support from the community. Completing such a project would bring immense media attention, to the benefit of both you and Burst. I believe it is a challenge worth taking (even if you'd need VC support to pull it off Cheesy)

Thanks guys, it seems it could be possible to do this. Part of the problem is I'm a business man, not a coder. I can organize logistics but have no idea when it comes to what is needed code wise. At this point I'm just putting some feelers out there to see if there is interest in this. So far it seems like there could be but I'm just not sure how to go about it.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

Rather than "releasing a key" it would probably make more sense that the renter provides a "secret" and the hash of this would be stored in the day(s) they wish to hire (assuming perhaps 31 variables where one is for each day of the month).

When they turn up to pick up the car they provide the secret (which then clears that day ready for the next month) and if they don't turn up then perhaps something like a message with the hash from the AT creator clears those days (as a forced cancellation).

Note that with this approach each car would only need a single AT.

Also as blocks are not an exact measure of time each AT might need manual messages (from its creator) to keep it time locked (otherwise perhaps create a new AT every month or create ATs with 366 variables to cover an entire year for a car).

Assuming this a bit like Uber (but renting your own car out rather than acting as a taxi) then I think a key part is going to be having a smartphone app.
Activity: 207
Please could somebody reply to this. Since I'm coming into this coin pretty late what are the current sizes of your rigs?(TB) If I want to start mining burstcoin what would be good size to do so? Not trying to make a fortune just possibly keep cost down and at least recover my investment over time. Thanks a lot if you could reply to this. Have a good one.

One last thing currently when I try to configure my wallet using the guide provided the url is not working and i keep running into an error. "The webpage is not available" I have the latest version of java and am running the the auto bat file. Please if you know how to fix this that would be great. Otherwise no burst coin for me.

You need more than 7TB to make a decent profit, use this calculator, isn't accuarate at all but that will help you to do estimate it Tongue

http://burstcoin.eu/calculator

PS: I send you a PM!
PS2: You can open a new thread in burstforum, better support site! Smiley
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
how do I go about making a smart property for a car sharing business I'm getting started? Or is that even possible yet, I want to use Burst

It is possible. All the building blocks with regards to blockchain tech exist in Burst. The problem would be implementing it in practice.

A quick run down of the renting flow for a single user off the top of my head.

Burst can do 1, 2 and half of 3 in a trustless manner, true issue lies in interfacing the car and the blockchain (with myriad operational difficulties ofc). If you'd like to build a fully trustless system, you'd need an automated interface between the blockchain and the car. No such devices exist yet (to the best of my knowledge).

However, should you decide to be the ice-breaker, I am sure you will get support from the community. Completing such a project would bring immense media attention, to the benefit of both you and Burst. I believe it is a challenge worth taking (even if you'd need VC support to pull it off Cheesy)
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
L@@K
0.00000163   364076.68186325   0.59344499

this is mine, I'm buying. my sell offer @169 is still valid too

dump your coins to me, teach me a good lesson

funny
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Activity: 539
Merit: 500
L@@K

I give BURST a nice pump at least once a week, and throw all extra BTC there any time I can. Smiley KEEP BUYING AND SELLING AND HOLDING weeeeeee.

Make it @210 and I'll send some your way.

H.
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
legendary
L@@K

I give BURST a nice pump at least once a week, and throw all extra BTC there any time I can. Smiley KEEP BUYING AND SELLING AND HOLDING weeeeeee.
Activity: 322
L@@K

Activity: 257
Merit: 255
Ok guys i downloaded wallet but i dont know what to do and how to start it...if i go to http://localhost:8125/ it wont load...cvan anyone help.
Im runing win7 64bit and have installed newest java
https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/need-help-getting-wallet-to-work.642/#post-4998

I added the fixes to my "Simple Term Deposit AT" and I tested it on my local testnet - seems working.

It blocks the funds for N months
When the goal is met, it starts re-paying 1/N each 30 days.

Code:
^declare state
^declare interest_decision
^declare target_amount
^declare months
^declare month_in_blocks
SLP $interest_decision
FUN @current_amount get_Current_Balance
BGE $current_amount $target_amount :repayment
FUN @timestamp get_Creation_Timestamp

refund_loop:
FUN A_to_Tx_after_Timestamp $timestamp
FUN @tx_info check_A_Is_Zero
BZR $tx_info :not_funded
FUN @tx_amount get_Amount_for_Tx_in_A
FUN @timestamp get_Timestamp_for_Tx_in_A
FUN B_to_Address_of_Tx_in_A
FUN send_to_Address_in_B $tx_amount
JMP :refund_loop

repayment:
FUN @monthly_payout get_Current_Balance
DIV @monthly_payout $months
FUN B_to_Address_of_Creator
SET @state #0000000000000002

repayment_loop:
SLP $month_in_blocks
FUN @current_amount get_Current_Balance
BGE $monthly_payout $current_amount :end
FUN send_to_Address_in_B $monthly_payout
JMP :repayment_loop

not_funded:
SET @state #0000000000000001
JMP :end_loop

end:
SET @state #0000000000000003

end_loop:
FUN send_All_to_Address_in_B
JMP :end_loop

Assembly
Code:
250100000035000405000000210500000002000000423501030600000033040306000000352501070000001b07000000653506030800000035070306000000320a03330204080000001a1d00000035000409000000090900000003000000320b03010000000002000000000000002504000000350004050000002109000000050000002b330204090000001a6e00000001000000000100000000000000320b031ab5000000320b03010000000003000000000000003203041ab5000000

Data
Code:
0000000000000000DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM302a000000000000
D - Interest decision time in blocks
T - Target amount
M - number of months to run

Example:
For blocking 1,000,000  five years for 5% per year (1000000*1.05^5 = 1276281)
0000000000000000a01700000000000080e101b5137400003c00000000000000302a000000000000

Please, who can, recheck it.

Currently I don't have now time to change the crowdfund.html for this script.

thx for your effort!
just wanted to bring that up again ...

Activity: 285
Ok guys i downloaded wallet but i dont know what to do and how to start it...if i go to http://localhost:8125/ it wont load...cvan anyone help.
Im runing win7 64bit and have installed newest java
Activity: 322
We all love BurstBank, but seriously, if we keep all the coins locked up, there won't be any trades.
At least put some buy orders, no matter at what price, if you don't have the guts to go over 150.
1 btc of the buy orders is mine, why don't you guys join in? It won't rise if we don't pump it
legendary
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm having issues with one of my main mining computers, so the BURSTCITY1 miner for ByteEnt asset will not be doing as well till I get this rig fixed. Hopefully only a day or so. Thanks.

Software or hardware problem?

I fixed the issue I think, had to take away 4TB of power due to a faulty controller card throwing driver related bluescreens.

The system is amazing though, I love it, fully custom water loop with 2 radiators, extreme overkill for just the CPU, but I'll eventually throw a GPU under water in there too... But it has a 12 core (6 and HT) i7 3960X Extreme Edition, 32 (soon to be 64)GB of DDR3, and SSD for OS. 280x to plot with, and SAS controller card (that went bad I think) Sound Blaster Xonar (not in it either right now), liquid cooled with UV active coolant, clear tubing, and UV LED light strip (that I need to reattach up top). Corsair 750D full case, and full ATX board ASUS Rampage IV ROG.

This thing has been dead longer than it has been alive, with tons of different issues, but I believe that I've finally gotten it running for real *knocks on wood*. Every other computer I build for anyone is always solid as hell, but of course the one that I build (finally, a nice system for myself.) it has nothing but issues. Ugh. But yea. Hopefully I fixed it and I can throw 20 more USB drives on it and mine away! hah.

Yes, I know, get away from windows... but I've been a Windows tech for so long I just know it like the back of my hand, and I'm not quite like that with 'nix yet. Some day I will be, after I do my business taxes and have some free time again, like I ever have free time lol... /end rambling.

this sounds like a big gaming station to me. try to avoid all this fancy stuff and rely on hardware designed for servers in future.

i still wonder if sony can keep their new stuff working under water for long (playstation flow)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inidpxr9qtA  Cheesy

it was never built to be a server. haha. It just ended up being a burst miner.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
[miner]

new version Burst-miner v1.150401
https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst/releases/download/v1.150401/miner-burst-1.150401.zip

- MaxThreads (Paths) = 48 Unlimited
- MaxAccounts =100 Unlimited
- MaxFiles per directory =1000 Unlimited (limited by OS)
- parameter "SkipBadPlots" did not used

* fixed some bugs.
* for merged(optimized) plots miner read by 64*CacheSize bytes. For unmerged plots - by 64*stagger bytes.
* optimized the code.
+ in debug-mode added % of used CPU by processing.
+ added processing of bad (not finished) plots. Miner reads correct part of plots.

+ Added an option to enable high threads priority and sets each thread to unused (free) core CPU's.
   "UseBoost" : true,
   (by default - false)

for me, speed increased to 13% (used CacheSize=4000)

! not tested for solo & Dev's pools

EDIT: fixed issue (password for solo-mode), tested.

https://github.com/Blagodarenko/miner-burst

The new version adds 1-2s onto my mine times. 48s to 50s now.

I've been using cachesize 100000 for some time now. Lowering it to 4000 with the new version doesn't do anything.

Also like to add I've always run the miner below priority so it doesn't bind up system processes. The amount of time it adds on is negligible, but still allows you to use your system while the miner is running. High thread priority wont do anything helpful as far as performance goes unless you have something else eating your processor.

Also weird, using "UseBoost" : true, it decreases my mine time by 20% for the first mine, then increases it by 20%, then it goes back to the normal time it takes to mine without using the parameter.
Jump to: