Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 456. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Just to be safe, if my webwallet is 1.2.1 it's all good right?  Smiley
(updated a few days ago Wink)
Activity: 462
Lets try a torrent, whole folder again:

EDIT: something is up with my router. Anyone downloading it from burstcoin.info, please share a .torrent

EDIT2: Whole db folder on mega, should be faster and is only four minutes old:
https://mega.co.nz/#!RxgCCZga!-n-CWTCzQgtavPMJhiqC1N4FtMcPeedxGl1GRPz90oY
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
IMPORTANT

EVERY MINER WHO HAS NOT UPDATED THEIR WALLET TO 1.2.1 MUST UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

LINK TO DOWNLOAD IS FOUND IN OP: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8272935

THANKS FOR COOPERATION Smiley

Here's my whole burst_db folder, 12 minutes old: https://burstcoin.info/sc/burst_db.zip

Someone buy this man a beer
IMPORTANT

EVERY MINER WHO HAS NOT UPDATED THEIR WALLET TO 1.2.1 MUST UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

LINK TO DOWNLOAD IS FOUND IN OP: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8272935

THANKS FOR COOPERATION Smiley

Here's my whole burst_db folder, 12 minutes old: https://burstcoin.info/sc/burst_db.zip

https://mega.co.nz/#!RxgCCZga!-n-CWTCzQgtavPMJhiqC1N4FtMcPeedxGl1GRPz90oY[/size]
I'm uploading db to burstcoin.info right now, link in a bit.

EDIT: might be better with a torrent...? Bandwidth seems a bit slim on burstcoin.info

https://mega.co.nz/#!RxgCCZga!-n-CWTCzQgtavPMJhiqC1N4FtMcPeedxGl1GRPz90oY[/size]
Anyone else worried about the fork that's happening right now?

I recommend you reach out to everyone you know running burstcoin and urge them to upgrade to 1.2.1. The quicker we can get all the mining power back to the correct fork the better. Right now it looks like the old fork still has about 1/3 the hash power as the main fork, which is problematic because it will continue finding blocks for a long time.

Specifically, we need to get the big pools to upgrade asap.

I'm also worried about the exchanges getting attacked. Does anyone have contacts at the exchanges?

upgrading to 1.2.1 is fine, but seems like not enough. i've got 3 wallets on 1.2.1 that are on the wrong chain, and about 2/3rds of their peers are 1.2.1 too

i have deleted the db_burst directory on one of the three, and it is redownloading the chain from scratch since after a restart. I hope this will get it onto the right chain - if not - then new users risk up ending on the wrong chain which is a problem going forward.

Fortunately, it should be relatively easy to fix with a new release that selects the correct subchain at he fork point. Will be back when i have redownloaded the chain.. it takes a while.. at 14651 now. i guess a few hours and i'll be there, except if there is much more data towards the end, then it could be 4-5 hours.

Damn disabled search, there was a db download a few pages back that should be faster but can't find it atm
Activity: 286

I recommend you reach out to everyone you know running burstcoin and urge them to upgrade to 1.2.1. The quicker we can get all the mining power back to the correct fork the better. Right now it looks like the old fork still has about 1/3 the hash power as the main fork, which is problematic because it will continue finding blocks for a long time.

I'm also worried about the exchanges getting attacked. Does anyone have contacts at the exchanges?

upgrading to 1.2.1 is fine, but seems like not enough. i've got 3 wallets on 1.2.1 that are on the wrong chain, and about 2/3rds of their peers are 1.2.1 too

i have deleted the db_burst directory on one of the three, and it is redownloading the chain from scratch since after a restart. I hope this will get it onto the right chain - if not - then new users risk up ending on the wrong chain which is a problem going forward.

Fortunately, it should be relatively easy to fix with a new release that selects the correct subchain at he fork point. Will be back when i have redownloaded the chain.. it takes a while.. at 14651 now. i guess a few hours and i'll be there, except if there is much more data towards the end, then it could be 4-5 hours.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Activity: 302
I'm at 59830...

I don't see the AT Lotteries in the .html. There is no lottery to pick. Do I have to put an account id of the lottery-wallet?

Maybe you have to redownload the html, as the ones i posted at the beginning were using testnet port instead of mainnet ports.
Here is the link to the post with the links:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10254497#msg10254497

That worked! Thanks alot vbcs...! Can't believe this just works fine. Can't wait for more implementations of AT.

Would be nice though to put a dot into the "Buy Ticket"-Price of 201500000000. Wink
Activity: 328
@mmmaybe

As described earlier, I have faith and active participation in BURST community, but really have no time and knowledge to help, also my English is horrible, but I hope for a "honored member" or "believer" ribbon Smiley Or just "Burster senior" Smiley

glad I made you smile and as far SETI, I will leave my house keys , wallets unlocked, passwords to cryptsy bittrex polo something, and trade for an encounter just the same,

seeing magnitude of "blockchain" discovery who is to say they are not already here

They have always been here. You don't think that humans invented microprocessors, lasers, microwaves, fiber optics on their own do you? All are reversed engineered alien technologies. True dat!

MEGALIKE from me Smiley
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer
I'm at 59830...

I don't see the AT Lotteries in the .html. There is no lottery to pick. Do I have to put an account id of the lottery-wallet?

Maybe you have to redownload the html, as the ones i posted at the beginning were using testnet port instead of mainnet ports.
Here is the link to the post with the links:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=731923.msg10254497#msg10254497

i restarted my wallets and they updated, but they still (all 3 of them) caught the same alternative chain.

The chain i have has the last transaction now as 59801  basetarget is 6956490

anyone else on this chain, and importantly, anyone managed to get over to the new one?

on 59801 i have this transaction, amongst others :

08:00:05 222.36306539 1  BURST-BHR8-54QN-J99D-B8KZ6  from  BURST-LGKU-3UUM-M6Q5-86SLK

back on 59770 my blocks matches burst explorer http://burst.cryptoport.io/   but it seems to have stopped there and is not showing newer blocks.

my wallets still report the tx with id -4762078490203704075 error, but it seems that they manage to get updated with new blocks (from the wrong chain) anyways.

amongst my peers i have wallet.burstcoin.io and burstcoin.eu  should they not be up to date? perhaps not the first is 1.1.5 the next is 1.2.0

also connected to CLVN.PRIVATEDNS.ORG:8123 and rsr.asuscommo.com  and burst.shmtech.biz

the others are just plain ip addresses. most are running 1.2.1

seems like it is hard to leave the wrong chain, but i guess all i can do is try to restart until the wallet decides to catch on to the other chain. Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately looks like both uray and smax are on the shorter chain and it seems that the blocks are getting longer and longer.

Idk what you could try. maybe if someone has a really fat upload pipe he could get the longer chain up. Not sure if that would help though, maybe with the longer times on the other chain you could have a window of opportunity there.

I'm at 59830...

Did you click on the ID on the left hand side of the ui?
Activity: 302
I'm at 59830...

Activity: 286

i restarted my wallets and they updated, but they still (all 3 of them) caught the same alternative chain.

The chain i have has the last transaction now as 59801  basetarget is 6956490

anyone else on this chain, and importantly, anyone managed to get over to the new one?

on 59801 i have this transaction, amongst others :

08:00:05 222.36306539 1  BURST-BHR8-54QN-J99D-B8KZ6  from  BURST-LGKU-3UUM-M6Q5-86SLK

back on 59770 my blocks matches burst explorer http://burst.cryptoport.io/   but it seems to have stopped there and is not showing newer blocks.

my wallets still report the tx with id -4762078490203704075 error, but it seems that they manage to get updated with new blocks (from the wrong chain) anyways.

amongst my peers i have wallet.burstcoin.io and burstcoin.eu  should they not be up to date? perhaps not the first is 1.1.5 the next is 1.2.0

also connected to CLVN.PRIVATEDNS.ORG:8123 and rsr.asuscommo.com  and burst.shmtech.biz

the others are just plain ip addresses. most are running 1.2.1

seems like it is hard to leave the wrong chain, but i guess all i can do is try to restart until the wallet decides to catch on to the other chain. Any other suggestions?
Activity: 344
Merit: 134
hi all

im getting "unable to get mining info from wallet" error. im using devs pool v2. and wallet 1.2.1 not sync now. what is the problem. how can i fix this.

thanks.
This was just released from the PR Team:

Press Release: An historic event in cryptocurrency: BURST successively launched a Smart Contract

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

We are utterly delighted to follow up on our press release on BURST’s implementation of Smart Contracts (2015-01-22), with a depiction of an actual case where these innovations are utilized. Due to their many areas of implementation and strong security, Smart Contracts (SC), sometimes referred to as Automated Transactions (AT), has recently become the center of discussions and development in the world of crypto.

Should this technology spread, it is not unimaginable that the financial sector will need to reorganize to a certain degree. Simply put, SC enable numerous and various operations to be run on a traditional blockchain – created by ordinary users without institutions and intermediaries. Cryptocurrencies Counterparty and Ethereum have eagerly tried to develop SCs, but so far failed.

Today, 2015-01-25, at 01:24:10 PM (GMT), a completely decentralized Lottery was launched on BURST's blockchain. Holders of the BURST currency, which is traded at poloniex.com and bittrex.com, could shortly thereafter buy tickets for 2000 a piece (appr. 0.00344 BTC). The bought tickets are processed by the preprogrammed code on the blockchain and will both automatically and completely randomly chose a winner as well as transfer the whole sum of all sold tickets to the winner's BURST account.

This proofs that BURST not only in theory, as reported earlier, but also in reality has successively developed the highly advanced SC technology. Although the BURST lottery will continue to run on a weekly basis for everyone to take part in, the lottery case will lay ground for much more advanced SCs.

More details are found in the below press release and the supplied references, where also contact details are found:

http://burstcoin.info/sc/TheLotteryCase.pdf

The earlier press release on BURST's SCs is found here:
http://burstcoin.info/SmartContracts.pdf

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards,
BURST's PR Team
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Awesome work, thanks to all who made this possible!
This was just released from the PR Team:

Press Release: An historic event in cryptocurrency: BURST successively launched a Smart Contract

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

We are utterly delighted to follow up on our press release on BURST’s implementation of Smart Contracts (2015-01-22), with a depiction of an actual case where these innovations are utilized. Due to their many areas of implementation and strong security, Smart Contracts (SC), sometimes referred to as Automated Transactions (AT), has recently become the center of discussions and development in the world of crypto.

Should this technology spread, it is not unimaginable that the financial sector will need to reorganize to a certain degree. Simply put, SC enable numerous and various operations to be run on a traditional blockchain – created by ordinary users without institutions and intermediaries. Cryptocurrencies Counterparty and Ethereum have eagerly tried to develop SCs, but so far failed.

Today, 2015-01-25, at 01:24:10 PM (GMT), a completely decentralized Lottery was launched on BURST's blockchain. Holders of the BURST currency, which is traded at poloniex.com and bittrex.com, could shortly thereafter buy tickets for 2000 a piece (appr. 0.00344 BTC). The bought tickets are processed by the preprogrammed code on the blockchain and will both automatically and completely randomly chose a winner as well as transfer the whole sum of all sold tickets to the winner's BURST account.

This proofs that BURST not only in theory, as reported earlier, but also in reality has successively developed the highly advanced SC technology. Although the BURST lottery will continue to run on a weekly basis for everyone to take part in, the lottery case will lay ground for much more advanced SCs.

More details are found in the below press release and the supplied references, where also contact details are found:

http://burstcoin.info/sc/TheLotteryCase.pdf

The earlier press release on BURST's SCs is found here:
http://burstcoin.info/SmartContracts.pdf

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards,
BURST's PR Team
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Im back on Burst.ga US pool...everything working great now.
My other pool was  pool.burstmining.com( beta), and it is still 59798 as the other is 59812.

My guess is that an outdated node (or many) was the link between two subsets of the network and these 2 subsets started building their own chain.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation. One could speculate on who owns those nodes Cheesy

I haven't found a block in a few days, does that have something to do with the 1.2.1 update?

Also interesting, it seems as though the majority of the hashing power for Burst lies with a few individuals and forks happening because of outdated wallets by them.

It is not hard to imagine that one could have a significant portion of power if he has access to lots of storage (like the alleged datacenter speculated to be responsible for diff swings), especially since the network isn't overly large

1.2.1 here, on burst.ga. No issues on my end so far. Block 59805

The same. Solo and on dev's pool.

Bought some more tickets too. Wink

Man, you so gonna win this Cheesy
1.2.1 here, on burst.ga. No issues on my end so far. Block 59805

The same. Solo and on dev's pool.

Bought some more tickets too. Wink
Jump to: