Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 452. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
Not to add to your misery, but I think that payment was so high because of you finding a block Sad

EDIT: What the heck, I just sent you 2776 Burst to ease your pain Smiley

Wow, I love you  Kiss

I like this burstcoin after mining for a few days, I will contribute in future with my skill... I found bug in blago miner in my Windows 8 64bit, submitting with 8 digit days sometimes, anyone face it? I have re-compiled blago miner to 64bit and now testing on it, will release in github as a fork soon after testing...

EDIT: BTW, I was thinking to setup a burst pool in future, maybe I can debug the pool script, but not too soon, abit busy recently~~
how does the bug you found manifest itself?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
pff thanks , mate , shame on me that couldn't figure it out.. Smiley
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Hello , mates , does someone has problem running the wallet with Java new update 8update31 from today ?

All the references in the run file are to jre 7, if you wanna use java 8 change the references from jre7 to jre8

Crowetic has a quick explanation

as far as the last part goes, you will likely have to change the location that the bat is looking for java, java 8 was released, and the bat was not updated for it...

I.E.

old code in bat...

Code:
@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST java (
start "BURST" java -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
ECHO Java software not found on your system. Please go to http://java.com/en/ to download a copy of Java.
PAUSE
)
)
)

new code changes necessary...

Code:
@ECHO OFF
IF EXIST java (
start "BURST" java -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Java\jre1.8.0_31\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
IF EXIST "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7" (
start "BURST" "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -cp burst.jar;lib\*;conf nxt.Nxt
) ELSE (
ECHO Java software not found on your system. Please go to http://java.com/en/ to download a copy of Java.
PAUSE
)
)
)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
Hello , mates , does someone has problem running the wallet with Java new update 8update31 from today ?
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
pool.burstcoin.it is working fine with updated wallet 1.2.1
Activity: 714
Burst is an awesome coin, however since we are still kinda small your help would be most appreciated. Never enough good men.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you come across Burst?
I think it would be interesting to find out on a wider scale as well (kind of a metric for our latest PR efforts - thanks mmmaybe)

I can't remember exact post, but I saw someone mentioned in this forum about burstcoin, saying it is quite active with 800 pages in the forum. Then I remember I saw burstcoin in poloniex exchanger. There are over thousand of coins, but a trusted exchanger only deal with some, so coins in poloniex bring up my attention... Then I come to this thread from the link of the post (that mentioned burst is active). And burst dev has done a good job in description, I immediately try out after reading. This is how Season meet Burst  Wink Hope this story will help in burst PR~~
Not to add to your misery, but I think that payment was so high because of you finding a block Sad

Wow, I love you  Kiss

I like this burstcoin after mining for a few days, I will contribute in future with my skill... I found bug in blago miner in my Windows 8 64bit, submitting with 8 digit days sometimes, anyone face it? I have re-compiled blago miner to 64bit and now testing on it, will release in github as a fork soon after testing...

EDIT: BTW, I was thinking to setup a burst pool in future, maybe I can debug the pool script, but not too soon, abit busy recently~~

Burst is an awesome coin, however since we are still kinda small your help would be most appreciated. Never enough good men.

If you don't mind my asking, how did you come across Burst?
I think it would be interesting to find out on a wider scale as well (kind of a metric for our latest PR efforts - thanks mmmaybe)

Wow, I love you  Kiss

Activity: 355
I redownloaded blokchain. Nothing change. Ura do something now with his pool i wait until he finish.
I'm having problem with my payment from pool... I saw 3 payments in "Recent Payments" column, but when I click on it, burstcoin.eu shows . First payment with problem is 24 hours ago. Is this pool or burst server issue?

BTW, I also found payment to other members in the pool having the same problem, but I did not record their transactions, so I don't if they get paid now. Or this is a normal process (I'm newbie to burstcoin, basically I'm newbie to cryptocurrency  Wink)?

What pool are you on, what is your latest block no?

burst.ga, now is 60065

Unfortunately, I ran into the same issue from time to time. It seems to me that is a bug in uray's code. I had it happen both on uray US and burst.ga. Crowetic had new code developed which will be rolled out to burst.ga which should fix that issue.

Too bad then, and my first payment missing is 2775.24, I'm gonna cry..  Cry

Missing transaction record at : http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/12241882226275580879

i dont see this transactions:

10129642799391277708    289.51 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-26 03:35:07
10932713611832530128    467.57 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-26 02:21:42
17088740620019453134    173.21 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-25 18:23:27

Last one visible and confirmed in my wallet is:

14537972800162209272    127.31 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-25 06:44:28

All I can think of is to try redownloading the chain. Timestamps on those transactions coincide with the fork time frame. Still maybe someone else will chime in with a better theory/explanation

i dont see this transactions:

10129642799391277708    289.51 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-26 03:35:07
10932713611832530128    467.57 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-26 02:21:42
17088740620019453134    173.21 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-25 18:23:27

Last one visible and confirmed in my wallet is:

14537972800162209272    127.31 Burst   BURST-VZFK-MKJV-6BRZ-668SV   2015-01-25 06:44:28
I'm having problem with my payment from pool... I saw 3 payments in "Recent Payments" column, but when I click on it, burstcoin.eu shows . First payment with problem is 24 hours ago. Is this pool or burst server issue?

BTW, I also found payment to other members in the pool having the same problem, but I did not record their transactions, so I don't if they get paid now. Or this is a normal process (I'm newbie to burstcoin, basically I'm newbie to cryptocurrency  Wink)?

burst.ga, now is 60065

Unfortunately, I ran into the same issue from time to time. It seems to me that is a bug in uray's code. I had it happen both on uray US and burst.ga. Crowetic had new code developed which will be rolled out to burst.ga which should fix that issue.

Too bad then, and my first payment missing is 2775.24, I'm gonna cry..  Cry

Missing transaction record at : http://burstcoin.eu/transaction/12241882226275580879

BTW, I also found payment to other members in the pool having the same problem, but I did not record their transactions, so I don't if they get paid now. Or this is a normal process (I'm newbie to burstcoin, basically I'm newbie to cryptocurrency  Wink)?

burst.ga, now is 60065

Wallet in my comp shows 60065
My pool poll.burstcoin.eu shows 60066

i dont see transactions from block explorer burstcoin.eu in my wallet
one of my address: BURST-923B-ETN6-TDNW-BJT9B

Looks like you are on the correct chain. When were the transactions made? I am unsure who was on which fork. I know burstcoin.eu was on a wrong one for some time. If you were as well you might need to resync your db. Wait for some one more experienced than me for confirmation on that though, I am not an expert Cheesy

burst.ga, now is 60065

burst.ga, now is 60065

Wallet in my comp shows 60065
My pool poll.burstcoin.eu shows 60066

i dont see transactions from block explorer burstcoin.eu in my wallet
one of my address: BURST-923B-ETN6-TDNW-BJT9B

burst.ga, now is 60065
can someone write a little xplanation what is goin on? I dont know if i am on good fork and i dont want to mine my burst to /dev/null

What is your latest block? Currently the last is 60063

BTW, I also found payment to other members in the pool having the same problem, but I did not record their transactions, so I don't if they get paid now. Or this is a normal process (I'm newbie to burstcoin, basically I'm newbie to cryptocurrency  Wink)?
can someone write a little xplanation what is goin on? I dont know if i am on good fork and i dont want to mine my burst to /dev/null
I need some help getting my rig mining.
I have claimed some BURST on different faucets, but my address is still "not found" at https://mining.burstcoin.io/

Can someone send me some burstcoins, so that I can get started with mining...

Or am I wrong with this interpretation???
Thanks!

Did you make an outgoing transaction?

Thanks for the DB download.

I've been mining coins for quite a long time and have seen some pretty shitty forks, which usually result in the developers having to release a client that actually kills the bad forks. I don't understand why developers and people say 'just let it sort itself out', meanwhile countless users of the coin risk losing fuck tons and mining time by continuing to use essentially a broken coin?

Developers should be on top of this shit. They should immediately release a client that kills the old forks if it doesn't clear itself up in 3-6 hours. We've had this forking issues since the 1.2.1 release if I'm not mistaken, which happened on... friday? From what I understand, it's not hard to kill old forks either with a new client.

Forks are like a slow poison that work their way through a coin and really mess things up. If there is an exchange as big as Poloniex still on the wrong fork, there is definitely something wrong, regardless of how good the coin is. Tons of people exchange with poloniex and if they see their transactions going through, it'll perpetuate the circle.

There is essentially six pages of posts here trying to find ways to fix the fork, work on the fork, and eventually culminated in a 'community fix', which is transplanting someone elses DB to your computer, which you should never need to do if everything is working alright. Is releasing a new version of the wallet really 'that' bad compared to having people possibly sit on a fork for god knows how long?

I know, I know, forks happen, but pro-active development could really limit their impact.

While you do raise some valid points, what we've seen here is the instance of miner "voting", though not deliberate. Unfortunately, some larger players did not update and caused the issue. In such a case of voting there is not much a dev can do, shitty or not, that is just the nature of "consensus" systems. I think burstdev took all reasonable precautions here.

In any case, I thank the community for the workaround/fix. This is not a multimillion dollar endavor so you can expect to get an immediate response, and quite frankly you got a workaround within a very short time window. I do not believe many enterprises with paid staff would manage it in such a short time frame.
Jump to: