Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CAGE] CageCoin - Powered by Nicolas Cage - COINEDUP - Back from the dead! - page 6. (Read 100103 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Update: I've managed to fork at block 156042 and reduce the difficulty to something practical, so I'm able to mine again. (*)

I am having trouble with per-block retargeting. It's working but adapting far too slowly. Will need more testing.

(*) I've saved a snapshot of the blockchain prior to the fork, so 99.9% of the blocks mined during testing will be reversed. This is to get the network going again, not to perform an insta-mine.
legendary
will send you six billion cage if I can get them from coinedup before they shutdown

I've emailed support@ and asked if they'd be willing to upgrade to a newer version so people can withdraw. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much trouble.
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
will send you six billion cage if I can get them from coinedup before they shutdown
legendary
would love to get my coins out of coinedup if someone could get this going again

I could get the network moving again, but since doing this would require a hard fork, coinedup would need to upgrade before you could withdraw.
Activity: 721
Merit: 523
would love to get my coins out of coinedup if someone could get this going again
legendary
3 days later and not a single person interested... okay, I guess it really is dead.
legendary

I decided on the challenge of trying to cross-compile a client for Windows where the distribution didn't have any configuration for Gitian at all.

Challenge accepted, and completed. That's the hardest part done. Above is a cap of a freshly compiled wallet.

Should I continue with fixing the network? Anyone??
legendary
i hope there will be somebody save this coin. Wink

I guess someone could add some code to force the difficulty for block #156042 to some low value to get the network moving again. It would be a hard fork - anyone on the old client will reject the fudged block #156042 and all blocks after that - so you may as well go all the way, and add KGW or some other form of per-block adjustment while you're at it.

So is anyone interested in this? I could probably do it in an hour or two, assuming the Windows client compile doesn't decide to be a pain.

I don't think there are any exchanges or other "cornerstone" services left that would be affected, so it's just the community now. Do we want to get this blockchain going again and resurrect the coin?
legendary

I guess someone could add some code to force the difficulty for block #156042 to some low value to get the network moving again. It would be a hard fork - anyone on the old client will reject the fudged block #156042 and all blocks after that - so you may as well go all the way, and add KGW or some other form of per-block adjustment while you're at it.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
The coin is dead?
There is no exchange for it?  Huh

No blocks are being minted so transactions to/from an exchange won't work anyway.

Difficulty is at 26.53574592 and will stay that way for nearly another 200 blocks (difficulty isn't adjusted per block). Looks like there was a large difficulty adjustment, making blocks too hard to find. A bad situation for sure, made worse as more miners give up, and then the chances of the network finding a block become even less probable.

We're supposed to be generating one block per minute - so far over 44000 minutes have passed without a block being found.

It's late here so I may be miscalculating, but I believe that at current difficulty you'd need just under 2000MH/s to get the network back to minting one block per minute. Is that going to happen? Maybe in a year or two when the standard scrypt ASIC is measured in 100's of MH, or GH... but for now, you'd probably need 500+ average miners to all jump on the coin simultaneously to get the network moving again.
maybe it's a good idea if somebody could make a new coin instead of CAGE.
Or just don't make any shitcoin with no innovation at all?
you can't stop this, because so many people want to get rich so they glad to make shit coins to make money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The coin is dead?

No blocks are being minted so transactions to/from an exchange won't work anyway.

Difficulty is at 26.53574592 and will stay that way for nearly another 200 blocks (difficulty isn't adjusted per block). Looks like there was a large difficulty adjustment, making blocks too hard to find. A bad situation for sure, made worse as more miners give up, and then the chances of the network finding a block become even less probable.

We're supposed to be generating one block per minute - so far over 44000 minutes have passed without a block being found.

It's late here so I may be miscalculating, but I believe that at current difficulty you'd need just under 2000MH/s to get the network back to minting one block per minute. Is that going to happen? Maybe in a year or two when the standard scrypt ASIC is measured in 100's of MH, or GH... but for now, you'd probably need 500+ average miners to all jump on the coin simultaneously to get the network moving again.
Or just don't make any shitcoin with no innovation at all?
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
The coin is dead?

legendary
The coin is dead?

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
The coin is dead?
There is no exchange for it?  Huh
Activity: 238
legendary
Then why is there no green 'tick' shown in the wallet? And why does it show 'wallet: out of sync' in red letters?

Most likely because of the time since the network last minted a block.
Activity: 238
Then why is there no green 'tick' shown in the wallet? And why does it show 'wallet: out of sync' in red letters?
legendary
My wallet does not sync at all... I have tried adding various nodes to the conf file.

Any tips?

My wallet does not sync at all... I have tried adding various nodes to the conf file.

Any tips?

Define 'does not sync at all'

If you mean it is complaining it's out of sync, that's probably because the last block was generated more than a month ago.

If your client is showing 156041 blocks, you are synced.

The peers I posted above are still active.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Any tips?

Any tips?
Pages:
Jump to: