Author

Topic: [ANN][CLOAK] Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digital Currency - page 190. (Read 810836 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 251
when price to 0.0014 then open source
Till then potential investors have doubts and uncertainties about this project. I think this is No1 decision that must be realized sooner or later, but if we want CLOAK to bee seen in top 10 better hurry up. I know this team are honest and good persons, but this is not how Crypto work, for everything proof is needed.

Agree, this step is most important in near time.
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
! WARNING !

DO NOT SEND CLOAK TO EXCHANGE:

yobit.net

and

tradesatoshi.com

I send there some 14 days before and it is not in my account.
I ask support but without respond.

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Posting this before I buy is not necessarily profitable. Let me forewarn all small profiteers that I will be making a small purchase as soon as my bitcoin clears Bittrex. At that point you can hammer the market. And I will buy more.
Activity: 251
@raizor (Joe):

Thanks for the news.

Has there been any thought to a more streamlined non-ring signature system?

A non time-locked chain?

Seems that ring sigs make the whole thing rather bloated. Been there and done that, but I understand if it is tried and tested. Monero etc.

A cryptographically secured chain that does not move forward, but to the random "next," the next being unknown until it happens, based upon some fluctuating algo; and that is the "proof" after the fact -- could that work?

I'm no coder, but am concerned about the potential markers the code will have if time-locks, even if obfuscated, could engender.

Activity: 476
I am interested in this coin. But i have some concers.

I read that the development of this coin is done by a couple people working on it besides their job? Is this true?

If so, are there any plans to take on cloakcoin more professionaly. Because it seems it has some potential...

Main developer already working full time for this project..What is wrong if few members working daily job and helping this project as much as they can? Problem here is only future funding and if you look back few pages, plans exists, don't worry.
Activity: 147
I am interested in this coin. But i have some concers.

I read that the development of this coin is done by a couple people working on it besides their job? Is this true?

If so, are there any plans to take on cloakcoin more professionaly. Because it seems it has some potential...
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
i buy 100 btc worth tomorrow

Are you joking?  Grin Cheesy

i buy 300 btc worth tomorrow Smiley is it fun talk???

No i believe you more, because you are the biggest investor of CLOAK!
Activity: 448
i buy 100 btc worth tomorrow

Are you joking?  Grin Cheesy

i buy 300 btc worth tomorrow Smiley is it fun talk???
Activity: 560
Till then potential investors have doubts and uncertainties about this project. I think this is No1 decision that must be realized sooner or later, but if we want CLOAK to bee seen in top 10 better hurry up. I know this team are honest and good persons, but this is not how Crypto work, for everything proof is needed.
Poloniex only accepts open source
I think

TRUE

When Cloak goes open source? This month? Next month?

Activity: 274
Merit: 251
Poloniex only accepts open source
I think

TRUE

When Cloak goes open source? This month? Next month?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
John Anderson please high talk about Cloakcoin and we goto moooooooooooooooon

Who is John Anderson?

I think Bill Still and the cryptographer have for sure much more potential Wink
 John Anderson please high talk about Cloakcoin and we goto moooooooooooooooon
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1006
Activity: 171
Some people just want to watch the world dance.
Hi all,

I thought I'd post a little update on my progress with the code work that is being done prior to open sourcing the project.

My main focus during this process is to tighten up the Enigma network and CloakShield protocol in terms of security. The most likely [successful] attacks we'll see are going to be DoS (denial of service) attacks. Although such attacks could not steal funds, they could still cause some nasty headaches by clogging up the network with junk data. To this end, I've refactored the existing DoS code for Enigma and CloakShield to make it far less tolerant of misbehaving nodes. I'm also in the process of improving the integrity checks for CloakShield data packets to allow both relay and target nodes to verify both the data sender and the data content. Here's a little list:

1. Improve CloakShield DoS protection to make it far less tolerant of misbehaving nodes.
2. Add signatures to CloakShield data packets and verify data and sender integrity before processing or forwarding the data.
3. Implement a basic TTL (time-to-live) system for CloakData onion packets. This is just a short-term measure until our micropayment-backed onion routing system rolls out after OS of the project. I also have some plans for implementing a system to allow nodes to determine approximately how far other nodes are away in terms of hops, but I expect this to be implemented after the source release.
4. Ensure that no transaction malleability attack vectors exist within the Enigma transaction system.

I'm also in the process of documenting the cryptography used by both Enigma and CloakShield as an esteemed cryptographer has very kindly agreed to check our cryptography prior to the source release. I won't disclose his name atm though, as I'm still in talks with him regarding this.

There's still a lot of discussion going on regarding funding. I think the network generated project funding is pretty much locked in for the future as it's critical for realising Cloak's potential and sustainability going forward. In terms of nomenclature, 'tax' is indeed an abhorrent term for the funding, 100% agreed. Keeping the project as decentralised as possible is of paramount importance. Our aim for the future is true digital governance where projects are proposed, green-lit and funded upon completion by voting consensus. Hopefully the prospect of digital governance excites you as much as it does us Smiley

I've also been doing some thinking on the blockchain-level privacy improvements that will come once we fork after open source. Ring-signatures and 2-key stealth addresses would fit pretty well with Enigma and would allow cloakers to supply a list of candidate inputs [rather than actual inputs] for Enigma transactions. This should also work well in terms of performance and memory usage as Enigma senders wouldn't need to store a big UTXO (unspent transaction outputs - essentially the money that goes IN to an Enigma transaction) set in memory for constructing the ring-signed transactions. Although this new twist could be neat, something different would be preferable to what others are already doing. Timelocked transactions and escrow will also be making an appearance in future. This will be critical for allowing services to be built to run on the Cloak network in future.

Cheers,

Joe
Activity: 239
Jump to: