Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CNC][P2pool] - ChinaCoin (CHNCoin) P2Pool - 1% Fee - Stable and Fast! - page 4. (Read 8251 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Getting about 1/3 rejected right now, though, and I'm using the +numbers stuff after my address. Not gonna drop out over it or anything, but does anyone have an idea of how to get the rejects down? Probably nothing I can do on my end, but worth a shot asking
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Hopped in about 2 hours ago and already have 3 payments through and a couple more pending confirms. Just wanted to let people know that payments are currently working, in case they were wondering before joining in - Hop in, guys!
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
I read elsewhere that it might be looking at the last 3 blocks worth of shares when calculating the reward, given new blocks were coming every second and the reject rate was so high it's highly likely that you might have contributed 10% of the shares but at the moment the block is found you haven't submitted one in the last 3 seconds and therefore get nothing.

I believe this is correct, however this should level out over time as sometimes you get lucky and have a share in the payout (and thus get more than you contributed to that block) and sometimes not (and thus get nothing), so only time will tell really Sad

I'm just trying to understand why they are set up this way rather than since the last found block, I can accept the variance of finding blocks but this then adds another layer of variance on top.

There have been many posts about not getting payments, or getting less than expected and people then leave. Surely it's in a pool ops interest to have more people on the pool. That lowers the variance and increases the fees so everyone gains, and I'd stick with one over a pushpool pplns.

CHN was my first venture into P2Pool's so I may be talking rubbish Smiley
Activity: 147
Merit: 101
Datum.network - register for Pre-ICO
I read elsewhere that it might be looking at the last 3 blocks worth of shares when calculating the reward, given new blocks were coming every second and the reject rate was so high it's highly likely that you might have contributed 10% of the shares but at the moment the block is found you haven't submitted one in the last 3 seconds and therefore get nothing.

I believe this is correct, however this should level out over time as sometimes you get lucky and have a share in the payout (and thus get more than you contributed to that block) and sometimes not (and thus get nothing), so only time will tell really Sad
difficulty changed to 20 some time ago though, so in theory according calculator you should expect about 3.5CNC per hour at 1MHs/1000KHs
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
I mined for about an hour with 4.2Mh before I got my first 2 payments of about 2.4CHN each, then nothing for the following 30 minutes (and nothing since) and so I went back to a pushpool server.

In my experience every P2Pool I tried was the same, there is something inherently wrong with P2Pool that I presume is related to the PPLNS system they have implemented.

I initially thought that if I contributed 10% of the shares since the last block was found, I would receive 10% of the block (less fees), but it's not the case.

Please note I'm not having a go at the pool ops, they did a fantastic service to us all especially during the initial period after launch, but for me they need to go back to the simpler block found, count shares, send payment and dump the PPLNS part
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
well an hour later & still nothing so...ive tried changing the difficulty aswell or even use it without difficulty setting, doesn't seem to make any difference Smiley
gyverlb gave an answer in blastbobs thread, at the moment however Im still waiting for more payouts to happen, keeping an eye on it though

P2Pool is using the shares submitted for the last 24h or the last 3 blocks found whichever is the least.

Currently the difficulty is so low that blocks are found on average in ~1 minute. If you don't manage to submit a p2pool share (which have high difficulty) at least one time during the 3 block window (on average ~3 minutes) you don't get any payout.

So everything is fine: it adds variance for each payout but they happen often enough to smooth it out in a few hours for most people.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
been mining for over an hour, 1000+ shares submitted, not on the payout list either...bah Smiley

i know the feeling, however Ive been mining directly on bob's pools before where the same happened (not showing in list sometimes and no constant payouts) however after some time there was then suddenly a whole burst of transactions incoming at once, I asked in bobs thread if anyone knows why that is, but no answer so far, over time it seems the payout is correct though

Yeah I have noticed the vast inconsistency myself, but as you say over 24 hours or so it seems to line up with expectations somewhat so I'm keeping myself pointed. Got 1 rig at your pool and one straight to Bobs. Seem to be getting LOTS of stale from bobs though, and I see the stale rate on yours is pretty high as well.
legendary
Oh i will keep mining, see how it pans out in a few hours
been mining for over an hour, 1000+ shares submitted, not on the payout list either...bah Smiley

i know the feeling, however Ive been mining directly on bob's pools before where the same happened (not showing in list sometimes and no constant payouts) however after some time there was then suddenly a whole burst of transactions incoming at once, I asked in bobs thread if anyone knows why that is, but no answer so far, over time it seems the payout is correct though
let me know if you are getting expected payouts please

personally have my own 1MH/s pointed at the pool and made about 6.9 CNC in last hour (should be like 9CNC per hour at 1MH/s according to calculator and current difficulty, so its in the area, but not quite), since its P2Pool it might come in later though in a bigger burst (at least from what I have seen in the past)
legendary
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
p2pool FTW!  Just made more in a hour than the last 12 hours on pushpool's.
Activity: 686
Bitbuy

2013-05-05 15:14:29.212000 > Unhandled Error
2013-05-05 15:14:29.212000 > Traceback (most recent call last):
2013-05-05 15:14:29.212000 > Failure: twisted.internet.error.DNSLookupError: DNS
 lookup failed: address 'pool01.chnco.in' not found: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo f
ailed.

This was with the firewall disabled as a test. I'm assuming you are using 11.4 with just the networks.py files from the link I quoted earlier? Thank you very much for your help so far Smiley

Yes im using 11.4 with the networks.py from the link, re the DNSLookupError, it can be resolved by some DNS Servers, but others not, e.g. my local ISP's DNS doesnt resolve it (no idea why!), try putting 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google Public DNS, it can resolve that adress) in your  /etc/resolv.conf

You need to update BOOTSTRAP_NODES in networks.py.. see:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2035190

Thank you! Finally managed to connect Smiley
Activity: 630
Ahhhhh, this p2pool is feeding my GPU's much better than the flaky pushpool's were.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Okay, just got a payment then... hmm...
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Interesting, because I haven't received a payout from bobs either for a while which is what another rig is on

Bobs pool was throwing me stales overnight and very little payout but it seems to have been fixed now. Got about 1 MH/s running at it right now (pool01-cnc.coinloot.com:8499) with -s 5 --expiry 5 --queue 0 and am still getting about 12% stales/invalid but getting payouts every 20 min or so of around 2 CNC.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Interesting, because I haven't received a payout from bobs either for a while which is what another rig is on
Getting a lot of shares, but my address isn't showing up in the 'payout' window even though there's been about 8 found blocks so far...

Usually with other p2pools I am straight in there after first block found.

What's the go?

i saw same issues on blastbob's pools, Im sorry I dont know the answer - im running on the official 11.4 P2Pool codebase - its possibly CNC related, allthough over time the payout looked ok to me!
Pages:
Jump to: