Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][COMB] Haircomb - Quantum proof, anonymity and more - page 14. (Read 6890 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0
whats the best way to combine claims from separate generated addresses to a new main address?
now that we have stealth addresses attached to one address.
is there a good way i can combine previous claims to one address?
do i need to fund 21 addresses for each previous claim i would like to move?

or is there a way to make a liquidity stack with all previous claims to go into 1 address
by only funding 21 addresses one time?

the liquidity stacks and funding is a bit confusing still.
what does fold stack do? what does to payment do?

mainly would like to know if i want to send comb from several addresses, does each one need to fund 21 addresses or can liquidity stacks work for inputs as well as outputs?
copper member
Activity: 82
Merit: 5
Only a heads up

Next version will be 0.2.2, It will contain a fixes for two medium severity issues.

One big area I want to focus on next is history minimization. It's a feature that allows you to only send history related to a specific coin to the person you are paying to.

History minimization anonymizes all unrelated coins.

I want to have basic history minimization in 0.2.2

As well as I want to work on jsonrpc console, that will be needed for an exchange integration
Ok so how do i claim/buy/mine comb right now?,
i know you can't mine it,
and theoretically also not buy it,
but i'd really like to know how to get hold of comb right now,
i have btc (so sats) and i'd be ready to tip them but i don't know to where, i'm currently syncing my wallet (250gb download), can someone explain to me how to get comb?

If you read through the thread there is information on this already.

But in short you generate an address through the wallet. And send 546 satoshi with a fee that will give you a chance of being the first unseen p2wsh in the block.
If you are the first p2wsh unseen in the block, you have successfully claimed the comb.

With the addition of stealth addresses you can just claim to each new stealth address and then sweep it to your main address.
Activity: 1
Ok so how do i claim/buy/mine comb right now?,
i know you can't mine it,
and theoretically also not buy it,
but i'd really like to know how to get hold of comb right now,
i have btc (so sats) and i'd be ready to tip them but i don't know to where, i'm currently syncing my wallet (250gb download), can someone explain to me how to get comb?
copper member
The step by step guide was made for multi-payments. It works.

Main risks when transacting

Scammer trying to help you

Never send your fully saved wallet to anyone. I will never ask you for your
  wallet, I will request only the transaction history.

Loss of funds due to paying to something that appears
to be an address but it is not an address - or mistyping an address or amount.

This risk can be eliminated by never typing addresses manually. Pay attention
  to the amounts. Always enter amount in smallest unit (1 unit =0.00000001 COMB),
  never use decimal or thousands separators or spaces. Make sure you are not tired or
  under stress when entering the payment. Double check the total amount displayed.

Funds stuck due to overpaying

Overpaying means when someone pays 10 COMB while only having 4 COMB in the key.
  What will happen the 4 COMB will be stuck pending for additional 6 COMB paid
  to the same liquidity stack. Never attempt to resolve the situation yourself
  by sending the missing amount. Always stop, fully save your wallet immediately
  once more (to be sure) and ask for assistance if this happens to you.
  If you overpay by a huge amount - for example you pay 9000000.00000000 COMB to
  someone, the funds are most likely effectively lost, but it depends how you
  paid and in what order in the transaction.

Loss of funds due to a confirmed doublespend - due to changing your
mind about the destinations while a transaction was ongoing.

Unlike in Bitcoin, you cannot change your mind if the 21 addresses
  do not confirm on the blockchain. You need to retry paying again later to
  the same 21 addresses with higher fee. If you modify the transaction you get
  different 21 addresses, never show these to anyone and never pay to them.
  The point of no return is revealing the first 21 addresses made from a key
  to the public.

If you avoid these risks you will be fine
is there a simple step procedure of sending comb from one user to another?
what would be the best way to go about sending comb?
thanks
copper member
Now hehe

New version of haircomb core 0.2.1 is available.

4be2076a5aac1b7672c1c545deed1e440e1db6c86ec8790b20bdbd3b37f8fc14  combfullui
bc6c59db6be63fd53dce5508b27b7be108d4c51b72d8bd8a1c558a421313d7ff  combfullui.exe

What is new

Stealth addresses - each wallet address has plenty of stealth addresses. You can
claim using them as well as receive funds. Before that or after that you can
sweep the funds into your main address.

Safety feature - history export now requires a minimum of 6 (or 7 - to be
determined?) confirmations in order to export your transaction. This means
that you will not expose your commits by accident and won't give a malicious
counterparty a chance to destroy your funds.

Who must upgrade

If you want to try the new features you should update. Otherwise you can stay at
0.2.0. But remember, there is a new safety feature so you perhaps should update.

Compatibility

Not a fork
No change of commits.db format
No change of modified bitcoin-qt api (you can keep using the old modified bitcoin core that you already have)

Upgrading

1. Shutdown bitcoin-qt
2. Shutdown haircomb core (of course save your wallet like on every shutdown)
3. Create a new folder for the new version and move there your commits.db
4. Start haircomb core
5. Start bitcoin-qt

Downgrading

The same except in step 3 you start using the old version of combfullui
when 0.2.1?
Activity: 11
Hello! I have version 0.2.1 ready!

It has an awesome feature - stealth addresses.

Hello, there is a known limitation in the modified bitcoin core. When running completely for the first time, you should restart the bitcoin core after a while.

The reason is the code that activates the sending of the commits is coded in the intro window. And the intro window is not shown when you run exactly for the first time.

Or you can reset it when you fully sync, It's up to you. The point is seeing the intro window.
make sure to follow proper steps on shutting down, at first i didnt notice them and corrupted the commits and needed to start over.

It is working this time, thanks!

Prerequisites. You should have more than 250GB free disk space. Should have reliable electricity supply, with no planned power loss.

1. Download combfullui.exe from github and place it to it's own folder
2. Download btc.zip (the modified bitcoin qt 0.18.1) and unzip it.
1472af7188352b3cb95770834b260c6c44631ec528351b9d2aae49ffb17ab683  btc.zip
2. Run combfullui.exe, a window should appear. This window should not be closed. Leave it running.
3. Go to btc/bin folder, you should see the modified bitcoin qt. It should have orange circle icon.
4. Run bitcoin-qt.exe, select your data dir (place it to the disk with 250GB free space).
5. When bitcoin main window synchronizes the headers and starts downloading blocks, restart it. You should see the intro window:
6. You can let it sync for several days. When you get to block 486600 or more you can check https://127.0.0.1:2121 in browser, you should see on that it is now syncing the haircomb core with the required data.
7. If you are expert who copied over index chainstate and blocks from existing bitcoin installation, you will see the following Rescanning screen on startup:
It appears like there is no progress but there is. Simply wait patiently until Rescanning... is over and your core wallet appears.
8. Finally you get to the stage where only a few blocks remain. Wait until it's finished.
9. If you refresh your haircomb core browser observe that the blocks being synced are identical in the last stage.
10. Finally it's synced. You should see the total number of blocks synced in haircomb core is same as on Bitcoin network.
You can also verify with other synced haircomb users that the fingerprint in their haircomb core is the same as yours

Hello there!

I just learned about this project and I am trying to sync the wallet.
I was past block 500k yet it wasn't synced up and commits.db file was empty.

I decided to restart the process just in case, it is approaching that block number again and the commits.db is still empty.

Should I still follow that procedure? (Besides getting the latest versions from the repo)

edit: will wait for 602614+ blocks as seen on post

make sure to follow proper steps on shutting down, at first i didnt notice them and corrupted the commits and needed to start over.
copper member
Hello! I have version 0.2.1 ready!

It has an awesome feature - stealth addresses.

Hello there!

I decided to restart the process just in case, it is approaching that block number again and the commits.db is still empty.

Should I still follow that procedure? (Besides getting the latest versions from the repo)

Hello, there is a known limitation in the modified bitcoin core. When running completely for the first time, you should restart the bitcoin core after a while.

The reason is the code that activates the sending of the commits is coded in the intro window. And the intro window is not shown when you run exactly for the first time.

Or you can reset it when you fully sync, It's up to you. The point is seeing the intro window.
Activity: 11

Prerequisites. You should have more than 250GB free disk space. Should have reliable electricity supply, with no planned power loss.

1. Download combfullui.exe from github and place it to it's own folder
2. Download btc.zip (the modified bitcoin qt 0.18.1) and unzip it.
1472af7188352b3cb95770834b260c6c44631ec528351b9d2aae49ffb17ab683  btc.zip
2. Run combfullui.exe, a window should appear. This window should not be closed. Leave it running.
3. Go to btc/bin folder, you should see the modified bitcoin qt. It should have orange circle icon.
4. Run bitcoin-qt.exe, select your data dir (place it to the disk with 250GB free space).
5. When bitcoin main window synchronizes the headers and starts downloading blocks, restart it. You should see the intro window:
6. You can let it sync for several days. When you get to block 486600 or more you can check https://127.0.0.1:2121 in browser, you should see on that it is now syncing the haircomb core with the required data.
7. If you are expert who copied over index chainstate and blocks from existing bitcoin installation, you will see the following Rescanning screen on startup:
It appears like there is no progress but there is. Simply wait patiently until Rescanning... is over and your core wallet appears.
8. Finally you get to the stage where only a few blocks remain. Wait until it's finished.
9. If you refresh your haircomb core browser observe that the blocks being synced are identical in the last stage.
10. Finally it's synced. You should see the total number of blocks synced in haircomb core is same as on Bitcoin network.
You can also verify with other synced haircomb users that the fingerprint in their haircomb core is the same as yours

Hello there!

I'm ready. Are you boys ready?  Fork tomorrow or Saturday.

Any objections from major holders?

Please let everyone know.

how much comb to be considered a major holder?

no objection here.

upgraded and good to go.

thanks!
copper member

New version of haircomb core 0.2.0 is available.

4d9adaeb67238a9482fbfc4ce0ba8beb5f10233acea4727ad7c5da877e99bca5  combfullui
c783d53115e3c304ba09bef6b90fb4db40c37b0ffd90877149679382a4071568  combfullui.exe

What is new

Fork - liquidity stack output coin can loop back to the same liquidity stack safely

Who must upgrade

All users must upgrade. There is no observable change noticeable by end user
compared to the old 0.1.0 version, except for the underlying fork.

Compatibility

This is a fork
No change of commits.db format
No change of modified bitcoin-qt api (you can keep using the old modified bitcoin core that you already have)

Upgrading

1. Shutdown bitcoin-qt
2. Shutdown haircomb core (of course save your wallet like on every shutdown)
3. Create a new folder for the new version and move there your commits.db
4. Start haircomb core
5. Start bitcoin-qt

Downgrading

The same except in step 3 you start using the old version of combfullui

copper member
I'm ready. Are you boys ready?  Fork tomorrow or Saturday.

Any objections from major holders?

Please let everyone know.
copper member
Hello boys, this is an update. Next version seems doable (sometimes next year).

It will be a fork, version number will be 0.2.0.

It will make it possible to create liquidity stack coin loops. Briefly liquidity stack coin loop is when you pay using liquidity stack to an address that will eventually redirect the coin to the same liquidity stack. Under the current rules such coins will be destroyed.

I propose a new rule that will instead send the coin to the change address. This will enable entities to pay back to themselves using stealth address safely. Or to their own old addresses. The coins will simply fall down to their own change addresses and won't be destroyed.

After the fork we will most certainly see a flood of new features most importantly:

stealth addresses - basically you will have your main haircomb address with all your funds on it and have the ability to create any number of stealth addresses to receive coins to this your main address. Funds from others sent to the stealth address redirect to your backing address without fees and without revealing the backing address to anyone.

Stealth addresses are basically feeless redirect addresses.

safe operation of exchanges or custodians - using stealth addresses basically allows custodians or exchanges to operate safely. They generate new stealth address for every deposit for every customer. This fork (0.2.0) brings the new feature that when two customers on the same exchange pay to each other the coins won't be destroyed (due to loop) but simply fall back down to the exchange hot wallet as they should. This is why this fork is so important.

couldn't I just go to:
https://txstreet.com/

from there View the live block, which right now is
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/0000000000000000000194594e2a29761b26bb9261dba2c17fe24467fe161a71

and then just find the highest bc1?

so right now the highest bc1 fee is 0.00040000 ($2.829)

So I'd have to outbid them to claim comb?

--

&
would it be difficult to make haircomb for BSV or even bch?

i took at look at txstreet.com but i cant see where i can see ONLY the highest with a p2wsh output, or even just to check the highest bc1 like you said. but theres nowhere to tick and see the txs in an organized form. unless im missing something. or if your talking about reading their data and organizing it yourself
copper member
Hello boys. The project is alive. I'm working on the liquidity stack loops. It will be done when the numbers tell me it's done and not earlier.

I'm working on it in my spare time and I am not paid but that is not the problem. Money won't accelerate the progress only brain power will. I feel that my coins going up in value eventually will be the best reward.

Yeah you have to outbid highest fee payer.

About the possibility of haircomb on BSV or on BCH, it's not directly possible since there is no segwit and thus no 256bit addresses that I am aware of.

Even if those coins had 256bit addresses it would be a not so great idea to run haircomb on it. The reason is it uses sha256 hashing and is prone to 51%/reorg attacks. And succesfull 51 % attack means recently-transacted coin destruction in the worst case (if the attacking miner knows the haircomb coins history)

Haircomb on Litecoin would be a possibility though, it's reasonably powerful, has segwit, and not prone to 51% attacks.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 506
couldn't I just go to:
https://txstreet.com/

from there View the live block, which right now is
https://www.blockchain.com/btc/block/0000000000000000000194594e2a29761b26bb9261dba2c17fe24467fe161a71

and then just find the highest bc1?

so right now the highest bc1 fee is 0.00040000 ($2.829)

So I'd have to outbid them to claim comb?

--

&
would it be difficult to make haircomb for BSV or even bch?
any news on whats going on?
anything you working on?
would it be a good idea to be more public about this project so its not looked like it was premine in the early days
Pages:
Jump to: