Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 64. (Read 171852 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
Whats the maximum number of Datacoins generated?
2 billions. But now reward is ~10 DTC, so near 15K DTC per day, and this number goes down all the time. So if we take average as 10K DTC per day, only 3.65 millions DTC will be generated per year. So you can see that it will take centuries to mine'em all Cheesy
BTW there are plans to reduce total number of DTC, but they are still plans.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Whats the maximum number of Datacoins generated?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
the script we were talking about embeds data by abusing multisig. there is only one limitation (virtually), your amount of btc you wanna spend Wink

Ahh..looks like there are quite a few ways to do this.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
its imbedded in the coinbase of btc blocks, so far i havent seen it uploaded to pastebin/similiar or btctalk. everyone who talked about it and worked with it, extracted it the same way and ppl who are unable to do this shouldnt have access to it anyway. this seems harsh but its better that way.
Extracting the messages are easy. Was more curious if there was a limitation on the str size that you could embed in the message. These messages can be inserted via multiple methods and not only coinbase.  It appears that there is no limit in data size with some of the methods.

It also appears that future versions of bitcoin will contain some limited messaging capabilities as part of a transaction.

Regardless, the methods used are more like hacks rather than the intended design of the coin. Therefore, I still see value in what datacoin represents.
the script we were talking about embeds data by abusing multisig. there is only one limitation (virtually), your amount of btc you wanna spend Wink
its imbedded in the coinbase of btc blocks, so far i havent seen it uploaded to pastebin/similiar or btctalk. everyone who talked about it and worked with it, extracted it the same way and ppl who are unable to do this shouldnt have access to it anyway. this seems harsh but its better that way.

Extracting the messages are easy. Was more curious if there was a limitation on the str size that you could embed in the message. These messages can be inserted via multiple methods and not only coinbase.  It appears that there is no limit in data size with some of the methods.

It also appears that future versions of bitcoin will contain some limited messaging capabilities as part of a transaction.

Regardless, the methods used are more like hacks rather than the intended design of the coin. Therefore, I still see value in what datacoin represents.
legendary
/dev/null
yes, but someone created the python3 script for uploading+downloading data so its easy to upload/download to the btc chain. (wrt multisig)
Do you have a link to these scripts?
yes, but someone created the python3 script for uploading+downloading data so its easy to upload/download to the btc chain. (wrt multisig)

Do you have a link to these scripts?
DTC unofficial team
What happens when something really dangerous is stored in the blockchain and lets say the Goverments want it out?

Is it possible to just ban Datacoin? Will people need to use tor? How easy is to stop Datacoin?
Answers are the same as for Bitcoin. If governments want, they can ban everything. But it is possible to organize getting\storing info from\to Datacoin if there is at least one country where it is not banned. Simple service working via I2P\Tor that has simple API for getting\storing data, that's it.

What is the community though about stuff like plastic gun blueprints, copyrighted stuff like movies and CP?

What i want to understand is what stops someone from trolling the whole coin by posting CP everywhere?

I answered this question many times. But now I have another argument. Do you use Bitcoin? Look here: http://www.btcpedia.com/ped0-links-in-bitcoin-blockchain/
so 2.5 Mb of Wikileaks can be only one piece. Are you sure that there are no 2.5Mb pictures or even short video with CP in Bitcoin?
It didn't stop anyone from using Bitcoin, and for Datacoin it should be the same.

i am asking because i am interested. i didnt know that about bitcoin. Interesting. But a new question came to my mind with your answer. If bitcoin can also do this why do we need datacoin? In what aspect it is better for storing data?

bitcoin is not designed for data storage, it needs a lot of non-trivial operations to store data in BTC blockchain. It's like - you can write web server using Assembler, but nobody does it, or creates very simple app just as proof-of-concept
People always complain about Bitcoin blockchain size. BTC was not designed for that, and it's not intended to be storage and currency for this storage. I think that it's not expedient - using Bitcoin as something that it was not created for.
legendary
/dev/null
What happens when something really dangerous is stored in the blockchain and lets say the Goverments want it out?

Is it possible to just ban Datacoin? Will people need to use tor? How easy is to stop Datacoin?
Answers are the same as for Bitcoin. If governments want, they can ban everything. But it is possible to organize getting\storing info from\to Datacoin if there is at least one country where it is not banned. Simple service working via I2P\Tor that has simple API for getting\storing data, that's it.

What is the community though about stuff like plastic gun blueprints, copyrighted stuff like movies and CP?

What i want to understand is what stops someone from trolling the whole coin by posting CP everywhere?

I answered this question many times. But now I have another argument. Do you use Bitcoin? Look here: http://www.btcpedia.com/ped0-links-in-bitcoin-blockchain/
so 2.5 Mb of Wikileaks can be only one piece. Are you sure that there are no 2.5Mb pictures or even short video with CP in Bitcoin?
It didn't stop anyone from using Bitcoin, and for Datacoin it should be the same.

i am asking because i am interested. i didnt know that about bitcoin. Interesting. But a new question came to my mind with your answer. If bitcoin can also do this why do we need datacoin? In what aspect it is better for storing data?

bitcoin is not designed for data storage, it needs a lot of non-trivial operations to store data in BTC blockchain. It's like - you can write web server using Assembler, but nobody does it, or creates very simple app just as proof-of-concept
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

If you also tell me what we know about our developer you have almost persuaded me Smiley
DTC unofficial team

legendary
getmonero.org

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
one nooby question: are 2355 primespersec much or average ? ...
DTC unofficial team
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
DTC unofficial team

legendary
getmonero.org

DTC unofficial team

legendary
getmonero.org

DTC unofficial team
Remember that it takes 3200 confirmations - near 2 days at current block generation speed.
Pages:
Jump to: