Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 68. (Read 171852 times)

Activity: 724
Merit: 500
What has happened to the unofficial DTC team?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
oocook5u thanks for the answers.

DTC looks great. The major problem is the missing mining pool. Without it DTC will not become as popular as it should be.
Activity: 214

yes, we are surpporting DTC in China and just now finished translating the website in Chinese
  but because of the problem of POOL, many miner have no choice, but give up mining DTC,
  any good news about POOL?
  best wishes from China.

Pools will definitely appear.
Good news is that I plan to support pools (at least pools that can mine directly to Datacoin address) in Qt wallet.

https://twitter.com/Datacoininfo/status/409085832314630145
Activity: 36
Merit: 0

yes, we are surpporting DTC in China and just now finished translating the website in Chinese
  but because of the problem of POOL, many miner have no choice, but give up mining DTC,
  best wishes from China.

Pools will definitely appear.
Good news is that I plan to support pools (at least pools that can mine directly to Datacoin address) in Qt wallet.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
I was hacked. Sorry for any scam that occured.

best wishes from China.

Hello!
Me and oocook5u is now co-operating and try to figure out, i have already started to prototype some software, will try, test and report.
Thanks for understanding, and your patience!
Activity: 72

best wishes from China.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
hi oocook5u !
Don't be surprised at big interest to Datacoin - it's really interesting and innovative concept that was not realized before, and with some promotion it attracts more and more people Smiley
Forum members worry about pool implementation - any news on it? They want to hear it from you.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Here is a small Q&A session. I'll stay online for 1-2 hours and answer other questions.

Q1: I asked in a different thread: I have two wallets with mined balances. How can I bring them in a single one without importing each privatekey separately?

A1: you can do "sendtoaddress" RPC command or just push "Send" button and input another wallet's address.

Q2: Is the RPC getdata function already implemented ? You did not comment about it on the faq, using shell commands is fine for now.

A2: Not yet. But it will be implemented soon.

Q3: Does this means that he is officially dismissing the new development team? If yes, no problem, I'll go back to developing my own crypto currency. Maxsolnc, Mstfck and the rest, seem your hard work have gone down the drain.

A3-1: I respect your work. This is just a security issue: it's important to have one "approved" point of updates. Security is important for all people holding coins.

A3-2: I'm really surprized with a lot of activity around DataCoin. This is very good for all of us. I still need to adapt to this fact.

Q4: Another thing that bothers me about Datacoin is why has the block reward gone down so fast ?

A4: Block reward goes down with difficulty increase. It's all the same as in PrimeCoin. The difference is that you can get more in the future with tx fee (full block will give about 50 DCT in fees).

Q5: Do both wallet versions (normal and HP) store the full data blockchain ?

A5: Yes. The difference is only in mining speed (-hp uses libgmp).

Q6: And BTW if storage is so expensive, those who keep the full blockchain available in the network should be rewarded, otherwise there is not much incentive to keep a growing blockchain in your hardrive.

A6: I'm thinking now about policy that can encourage people to store and distribute blockchain data to other services. I think this shouldn't be a part of core protocol due to security reasons. All ideas are welcome.

Q7: The mining reward is so tiny, why should people mine long-term?

A7: Cummulative tx fee from one block is expected to be higher than block reward. This is different from PrimeCoin.

Q8: cryptrol -> maxsolnc: Maybe the dev is more interested in an open discussion here, instead of a private conversation with you.

A8: Both Wink

Q9: I just thought, that including virus/malware code(not working) in blockchain can cause antivirus software to block/delete the chains. Of cousre you can exclude blockchains directory for antivirus, but there should be better solutions for this.

A9: cgminer and some other tools are recognized by antiviruses as malware. This is still not a problem. In case this will become a problem we can always encrypt blockchain on local hdd. This will not lead to hardfork or any other network related problem.

Q10: The original dev has only interest in coding DTC, but zero interest in promoting it.

A10: Somebody must work with code. I think this is very important Wink
I appreciate all of you for doing promotion. You do this much better than I could.
DTC unofficial team
Has the original developer gone silent?
He saw that we're promoting Datacoin very active, so he comes online only when he commits some changes to Git repo. In fact, he doesn't need to do that more often: he answers some technical questions (you can look for them in this thread), and announces features and fixes. Members of our team also have repo forks, and they work at implementing another features.

He may return in some days
Activity: 147
Was going to compile for Mac, but my mac charger didn't work suddenly, so i can't right now.
DTC unofficial team
Any chance for a OSX client/miner ? Source will do me no good unfortunately.
As I remember, there are no developers in our team with MacOS, but Mac wallet is in our primary plans. I'll create thread that asks for developers who compiles MAC wallets Smiley
DTC unofficial team
Keep in mind that money supply is only  1.221.165 just now, and network generates only near 16K coins per day. With such small amounts of coins its price 1-2-5+ dollars is really not big.
Activity: 154
Any chance for a OSX client/miner ? Source will do me no good unfortunately.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
Is this available at any exchange? I'm not really a mining person

Yes, you can trade it at bter.com. I think it will be added to Cryptsy soon.
Activity: 88
Is this available at any exchange? I'm not really a mining person
Activity: 214
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
Updated the optimized clients with the newest code. (New Logos, etc)

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3842676

DTC unofficial team
I think a new unofficiall DTC thread (with a FAQ etc) from the unofficial DTC team and the guy running datacoin.info would do wonders for DTC promotion. The original dev has only interest in coding DTC, but zero interest in promoting it.

Agree with you. Starting this thread in 5 minutes

URL please!
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dtc-promo-thread-information-is-money-datacoin-implements-these-words-358592
Pages:
Jump to: