Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 79. (Read 171852 times)

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
any miner for DTC guys?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Buy DTC 1Dtc = 0.00009BTC
Activity: 36
I am confused about the fees for storing files. What is to stop someone from modifying the code to just insert files for free? From what I understand there is nothing in the algorithm that would actually prevent that.

Thank you for the question. Nothing stops us from modifying mintxfee as soon as txfee isn't a hard rule: block will be accepted with zero tx fee.

There is two kinds of mintxfee:

1) minimal tx fee that limits me (as a miner) to accept tx into block
2) minimal tx fee that limits me (as a node) to relay tx to other nodes

As a miner I can accept lowfee txes into my memory pool but these txes will be accepted by other nodes only with blocks I've mined myself. This means that lowfee txes will reach other nodes much slower.

...and no confidence that it will reach other nodes at all, correct?

Yes.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
I am confused about the fees for storing files. What is to stop someone from modifying the code to just insert files for free? From what I understand there is nothing in the algorithm that would actually prevent that.

Thank you for the question. Nothing stops us from modifying mintxfee as soon as txfee isn't a hard rule: block will be accepted with zero tx fee.

As a miner I can accept lowfee txes into my memory pool but these txes will be accepted by other nodes only with blocks I've mined myself. This means that lowfee txes will reach other nodes much slower.

...and no confidence that it will reach other nodes at all, correct?

Created an information sheet
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3699194

Anything I should add?
Yes, add specs of DTC - how much coins, when subsidy halving, etc

Do you have the specs?

Here is a short spec:

2.000.000.000 coins will be emitted.

Block reward gradually goes down as difficulty rises (no halving) as in Primecoin. But finally it is a bit different from Primecoin: tx fee is high (0.05 DTC per 1Kb) => fully loaded block (1024Kb) gives ~50DTC in plus to block reward. This is expected in future.

Block target is 1 minute.

Max block size is 1Mb.
Max tx size is 128Kb.

Anything I should add?

Do you have the specs?
Activity: 464
Merit: 252

Anything I should add?
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
Now I'm talking to developers and miners in YPool chat, you can also join !
http://ypool.net/chat
And we still need help for mining/pool software , started creation of it, but if you can help, please PM me

Botnets will kill this coin if we go there. Look at their top miners.

+1
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

whats the block size?

1MB per block maximum, blockchain now is near 40 MB

ok and that means the miner gets 1MB???
DTC unofficial team

whats the block size?

1MB per block maximum, blockchain now is near 40 MB
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
I have several PCs,and I'v copy one particular wallet.dat to every computer, so it will easy to manage, does it decrease the chance to find block?

no it doesn't
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I have several PCs,and I'v copy one particular wallet.dat to every computer, so it will easy to manage, does it decrease the chance to find block?
DTC unofficial team
And we still need help for mining/pool software , started creation of it, but if you can help, please PM me

remember prices, block reward and compare profitability
Activity: 140

DTC unofficial team
I'm I wasting my time and energy soloming this with a Core i5?

well people are selling them quite cheap right now so say you get 2 blocks per day thats 30 coins.  People are selling at .0001  so you need 10000 to get 1 btc. I guess depends on electricity cost. Probably best to buy whilst cheap. I'm holding for much better price though right now.

You're right, it's awfully cheap. And remember: you need 50 Datacoins to store 1 MB of data. And these 50 Datacoins should be valuable to avoid spamming blockchain in future. I.e. if 1 Datacoin = 1 USD, you won't spend 5MB * 50 USD = 250 USD to store your favourite song here Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: