Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 525. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
will the standard cgminer (blake256 compatible) will be usable to mine decred?
(like old cgminer used for blakecoin)
thks for your reply

I am not sure about that, but given that it is a completely new code written in different language, probably it will have different protocols, so i think that standard cgminer or sgminer won't work with decred daemon. Hashing is the same but the miner to connect to the daemon probably it will have to be forked and adjusted some minor things.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
will the standard cgminer (blake256 compatible) will be usable to mine decred?
(like old cgminer used for blakecoin)
thks for your reply
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
Looks like I didn't cut it for the airdrop, which I understand given my limited activity around here.  Cry

Anyhow stopping by to wish the project good luck, and I'll no doubt get my little pickaxe out once this launches so that I can get my hands on some, and will look forward to participating further. It's been a very long time since I last got excited about something new in cryptoland, and I really like how things are shaping up for Decred.

Please send me a PM on here or on the forum, so I can check what's going on for you. I encourage others to do the same if they think they didn't make the cut somehow. The purpose is to be inclusive, but given the sheer interest and activity, some mistakes are made. Please step forward and get in touch if you are unsure, so I can help. Also keep in mind that more invitation e-mails will be going out possibly early next week as soon as we catch up with processing applications from participants. You may be in later batches, but check to make sure you're good to go! And remember to whitelist e-mail from decred.org to make sure you don't miss it if it goes to spam.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
This coin looks promising can't wait to throw some hashing power on DCR.
Activity: 690
Looks like I didn't cut it for the airdrop, which I understand given my limited activity around here.  Cry

Anyhow stopping by to wish the project good luck, and I'll no doubt get my little pickaxe out once this launches so that I can get my hands on some, and will look forward to participating further. It's been a very long time since I last got excited about something new in cryptoland, and I really like how things are shaping up for Decred.

You can always try to add a twitter account or any forum accounts related to crypto imho or mb even a linkedin account, the airdrop link label is titeled: "Online presence with reasonable activity"

I don't get it, how they could know I'm not linking an account that is not mine?

You can post something related from the account you're linking for them to know.
Activity: 736
Merit: 508

You can always try to add a twitter account or any forum accounts related to crypto imho or mb even a linkedin account, the airdrop link label is titeled: "Online presence with reasonable activity"

I don't get it, how they could know I'm not linking an account that is not mine?
Activity: 228

Absolutely, but sadly I have neither of those. I do have LinkedIn and a modestly followed Youtube channel, but as much as I appreciate the Decred team and their approach to privacy, I will most certainly not attach either of these profiles for the purposes of an airdrop.

All is well, there's certainly folks that will sell their airdrop coins at the 1st opportunity, as well as there's PoW to give everyone a chance.
I'm happy with my odds here, just eager to get to launch day! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM

Activity: 228

Activity: 722
Wow,after all the Bitcoin fud

this couldn't be a better time the release Decred

keep testing guys,get a flawless release  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
A short delay is accepted, take the right time to make the airdrop the more perfect possible
Activity: 840
I was just trying to correct a mistake, that's all. I know you were kidding but that article has been cause of speculation so i thought i will just try to get it corrected. No worries.
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
The OP says launch is the 18th of Jan.

That will be fixed. Thank you pointing it out and sorry for not clarifying explicitly in the thread. It's left as is for now, but once the airdrop is sorted, an assessment will be made about exactly where things are development-wise. Things are looking good, but Jan 18th is obviously unrealistic considering there will be testnet and miner binaries released one week prior to mainnet launch. Delays suck, but stability and testing take priority - goes without saying.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo

blah blah blah

c'mon i was just kidding
and what are you doing? spreading fud on twitter
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
We are at least 10 days before launch.

The OP says launch is the 18th of Jan.
Its incorrect if not intentionally misleading & should be corrected i think. Its a big mistake to say bitcoin "core" devs left as it implies there are no old veterans believing in & developing bitcoins and they now believe in decred. I have seen many people taking advantage of such articles to profit by dumping on newcomers at sky high prices. This will only create more haters & be food for Fudders & troll. It will irreparably damage reputation of coin/devs as pump & dump scam.
legendary
Activity: 1274

I don't think confusion is good, it will only create more FUD & volatility. It might be good for traders but bad for reputation of decred.

Guys... no one is actually confused by this.  If you are, may God help you.

It's not misleading or fud, just a little fun. 

I don't think confusion is good, it will only create more FUD & volatility. It might be good for traders but bad for reputation of decred.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@Mansa_Godson
Jump to: