Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]DEFT First crypto utilizing the balloon hash, new memory hard algo - page 12. (Read 35941 times)

legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
GPU ...

GPUMining Apps CAN and WILL be created for this algo. No question.

We know, as we do.

What you are all failing to see here is that BalloonHash is a very memory hard hashfunction, and is designed to lag the GPU in a way that it's performance may be better than a CPU, but not to the extents that most of you talk about.

Eg - For arguments sake (not so much hashrates but figures for the sake of the example), if a CPU does 7 and a GPU does 9 - you are admittedly gaining, as that is plain to see. The GPU itself is in front, but by how much?

Unlike a great many CPU algorithms that have come before BalloonHash, the optimization of the Algo is difficult enough, let alone the raw hash power of the GPU. Many of you are sounding like the CPU can 7 and the GPU can do 7000. With this Algo, almost impossible on that sort of scale, unless you have a farm of CPU/GPU hashers, and the amalgamation of such hardware could bring you that sort of magnitude of hashrate.

Just porting it to GPU is highly unlikely knowing the contents of the hashfunction used.

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
I am currently VPS mining with 31 servers at 8KHS - CPU only i would love to throw my rigs on it.

Here is my addy  - dWagFCEh81mRi2kMppU3NKsDt815Cnn9b2

Watch it increase above 8khs with VPS cpu only - work smarter not harder.

If GPU mining was out trust me we would be smashing it, if you knew who was in our groups  Wink

Well yeah I guess you're right it could be a bunch of botnets and servers, a GPU would probably bring difficulty up 10 times more.
Activity: 157
Merit: 10
Like Geekcash this coin probably has private gpu miner from the begining or someone has created it. The same 3-6 miners with hundreds cpu hashrate

We are a small team. And this. accusation is pointless because such a coin wouldnt survive one day in cryptospace. We dont mine our coin, why should we. We have specific premine for expenses and dev.

If a GPU miner has significant  more advantage over CPU, we would be the one who posting it here first.

It happens with a lot of coins that start as CPU mining only but then either someone from the dev team comes up with a GPU miner and keeps it secret or someone not part of the dev team starts selling the GPU miner, I don't want to throw any accusations around but yea there's definitely something suspicious going on with the network hashrate.

Our ambitions are different. If GPU miners appears, we will try to make general available.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I am currently VPS mining with 31 servers at 8KHS - CPU only i would love to throw my rigs on it.

Here is my addy  - dWagFCEh81mRi2kMppU3NKsDt815Cnn9b2

Watch it increase above 8khs with VPS cpu only - work smarter not harder.

If GPU mining was out trust me we would be smashing it, if you knew who was in our groups  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Like Geekcash this coin probably has private gpu miner from the begining or someone has created it. The same 3-6 miners with hundreds cpu hashrate

We are a small team. And this. accusation is pointless because such a coin wouldnt survive one day in cryptospace. We dont mine our coin, why should we. We have specific premine for expenses and dev.

If a GPU miner has significant  more advantage over CPU, we would be the one who posting it here first.

It happens with a lot of coins that start as CPU mining only but then either someone from the dev team comes up with a GPU miner and keeps it secret or someone not part of the dev team starts selling the GPU miner, I don't want to throw any accusations around but yea there's definitely something suspicious going on with the network hashrate.

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
Od rodjenja mog....
7 8700k 4.7Ghz (Ubuntu 18.04 // 12 hilos): ~ 630H / s
4.4Ghz i7 4790k (MacOSX // 8 hilos): ~ 270h / s
i7 860 2.8Ghz (MacOSX // 4 hilos): ~ 145H / s
Pentium G4440 (Windows 10 // 2 hilos): ~ 100 h / s
Intel Core 1.2Ghz M5 (MacOSX // 4 hilos): ~ 90h / s

dZ3fGxJr1zdh1Ceu2pKvUVKz8HJdcAZkKZ    0    0    99.8%    440.17 KH
dHpqKwtaQG8ZWnN4BABgT5CFrGmTpUyKFT    0    0    99.78%    268.53 KH
This is impossible with only CPU

those are consumer grade CPUs

can you benchmark a farm filled with
Dual Socket Mobo
https://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-H11DSI-Dual-Socket-Motherboard/dp/B077YV53TZ
Using 2x Epyc 7601
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113471

?

Or can you benchmark someone that just throws 10k usd per day to a cloud computing service like digital ocean, amazon aws or google thingies ?
You know that you can mine to a single address with multiple rigs at the same time and the hashrate will be combined, right ?

Its scam. Avoid this "cpu" coin

how ?
Can you elaborate ?
I mean, maybe, who knows but you don't say why.
That's typical merican, guilty until proven innocent, right ?
fucking hell

We are not fools here, this is ONLY CPU COIN, now thread are edited, and there is no "only cpu"
So someone have gpu miner, and that is reason why hashrate is so high

It's an open source project on an open network.  Anybody is free to develop a GPU miner, and it is inevitable that people will.  In fact, it would be disappointing if nobody did.

Devs said it is only cpu coin. When all people saw that there is gpu miner, dev edited thread...so...you know what i want to say

It's likely that a GPU miner surfaced in the very recently, and the dev reacted accordingly.  I can attest first hand that the coin was CPU minable for several days.

CPU WITH 600KH in 1 wallet?? O yea 100000 ryzens...
Activity: 673
Merit: 500

Dual Socket Mobo
Using 2x Epyc 7601

?

Or can you benchmark someone that just throws 10k usd per day to a cloud computing service like digital ocean, amazon aws or google thingies ?
You know that you can mine to a single address with multiple rigs at the same time and the hashrate will be combined, right ?

how ?
Can you elaborate ?
fucking hell

We are not fools here, this is ONLY CPU COIN, now thread are edited, and there is no "only cpu"

It's an open source project on an open network.  Anybody is free to develop a GPU miner, and it is inevitable that people will.  In fact, it would be disappointing if nobody did.

Devs said it is only cpu coin. When all people saw that there is gpu miner, dev edited thread...so...you know what i want to say

It's likely that a GPU miner surfaced in the very recently, and the dev reacted accordingly.  I can attest first hand that the coin was CPU minable for several days.
Od rodjenja mog....

Dual Socket Mobo
Using 2x Epyc 7601

?

how ?
Can you elaborate ?
fucking hell

Activity: 673
Merit: 500

Dual Socket Mobo
Using 2x Epyc 7601

?

how ?
Can you elaborate ?
fucking hell

It's an open source project on an open network.  Anybody is free to develop a GPU miner, and it is inevitable that people will.  In fact, it would be disappointing if nobody did (It's a sign of a coin progressing successfully).
Od rodjenja mog....

Dual Socket Mobo
Using 2x Epyc 7601

?

how ?
Can you elaborate ?
fucking hell

Od rodjenja mog....
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Somebody is mining with 56 KH/s. Is it really using CPU? I am curious somebody is using GPU rigs to mine this coin. Please enlight me...

at the moment it is all cpu. i realise that to anyone skeptical, 56kh might look like a lot, but in reality it is either a set of physical/virtual servers working as a single user.

i have started working on an implementation for gpu, but this is more to offload the hashing algorithm so it doesnt bog down the user's machine, as it won't hold a great deal of advantage over cpu due to the way the hashing works.

i'm currently separating balloon from it's dependency on the openssl library (sha, evp and aes functions); i'm about 1/3 of the way through, once it is independent, i will attempt an opencl kernel. however this is all being communicated clearly and will be publically released, not a private or 'for sale' miner.

james

Od rodjenja mog....
cpu only with gpu miners? LOOOOOOL
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
we can trade only on discord? or?
Activity: 636
Merit: 516

https://pool.coin-miners.info/site/gomining?algo=balloon DEFT Mining Pool
Fee: 1%

DDoS Protection for website & stratum

Payouts are made automatically every 1 hours for all balances above 0.01, or 0.001 on Sunday.

Stratum settings:

Code:
-a balloon -o stratum+tcp://stratum-eu.coin-miners.info:8733 -u -p c=DEFT

Discord channel https://discord.gg/Kw7fWbx

hi scorpio18,

please revert to commit ff6700b82918f718c8155bc9f06d9e1d28453613, yesterday's commit was a patch to force segwit signalling to help diagnose icemining but this resulted in a fork as you can see.

i'd inserted a shim between nomp and the daemon a few days ago (to observe the json 'chatter'), and it receives a 'default_witness_commitment' when it requests getblocktemplate - unsure why yiimp is having trouble in this regard.

james
Activity: 55
Merit: 3
Started this up on a few machines on the official pool. Has anyone benchmarked on various CPUs? For reference, some of my hashrates are below.

i7 8700k 4.7Ghz (Ubuntu 18.04 // 12 threads): ~630h/s
i7 4790k 4.4Ghz (MacOSX // 8 threads): ~270h/s
i7 860 2.8Ghz (MacOSX // 4 threads): ~145h/s
Pentium G4440 (Windows 10 // 2 threads): ~100h/s
Intel Core m5 1.2Ghz (MacOSX // 4 threads): ~90h/s
PROUD TO BE THE FIRST YIIMP POOL OFFERING DEFT!!!

🇨🇦  icemining  🇨🇦
M I N I N G    P O O L

Dedicated Servers with Raid NVMe  ❄️  1GBps with Anti-DDoS  ❄️  Friendly Smiley and Responsive Support

Website  ❄️  Discord

Code:
-a balloon -o stratum+tcp://mine.icemining.ca:5100 -u -p c=DEFT

great job. First Yiimp implementation for balloon hash,.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
Pool really sucks, we don't have any information about what we are mining !

Ofcourse you have dear
Just use the ctrl+f in your browser, add your wallet adress, and you will see what hashrate are you generating
Pages:
Jump to: