Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]DEFT First crypto utilizing the balloon hash, new memory hard algo - page 7. (Read 35941 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
I've been trying to learn about this project over and over, but still don't get a hint on what is this project really working for?
Is there any easier material that can be read to know about the project?
You're not the only one in this thread, that doesn't understand what is this project made for... something about algorithms and password history i guess)

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, maybe it's lacking a roadmap but at least it's not just some ICO token for pump and dump only.
Activity: 210
Merit: 13
I've been trying to learn about this project over and over, but still don't get a hint on what is this project really working for?
Is there any easier material that can be read to know about the project?
You're not the only one in this thread, that doesn't understand what is this project made for... something about algorithms and password history i guess)
Activity: 307
Merit: 100
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
Reserved for indonesian translate.
There are no bounties for translations.
Activity: 322
Merit: 0
Reserved for indonesian translate.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 583
xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol
Is there any amd miner in development? I am interested to beta testing if sone dev wants
Activity: 26
Merit: 51
Difficulty has doubled in just a day after the GPU miner has been released.

Difficulty has gone up 10 fold in about a day or two, does anyone know if the gpu miner is being sold by someone or if there's a github where I download it from?

Bel is working on a beta GPU miner in the Discord server (check pins in #mining). It's still a bit buggy, but ask in the channel and we'll help you set it up.

- brianmct
legendary

Difficulty has gone up 10 fold in about a day or two, does anyone know if the gpu miner is being sold by someone or if there's a github where I download it from?
Activity: 3
Thought I'd throw the miner on an old laptop to see what it gets. 0.15 KH/s on an i5-6200U, Perhaps I've missed some configuration setting or something. Very cool project regardless of my crap spare CPU though.  Grin

About $ 3 a month. I don't even know what this money will be enough for. Despite some increased interest in CPU mining, it is now possible to say that the time of mining on the CPU is over. And for this coin, and for all others. Very soon, the same can be said about the GPU. I'm not very good at algorithms, what's the advantage of Balioon over Yescrypt R16?

Yeah I hear what you're saying, the machine is just sat there though and the electric is free. Feels like a waste to just leave it get dusty.  Though I will say, I thought that when I tried to mine bitcoin with an old 6600GT many moons ago. I wish id let that burn it's self out mining what was a miniscule amount at the time.  Undecided
Activity: 330
Merit: 1
Activity: 266
Merit: 3
Thought I'd throw the miner on an old laptop to see what it gets. 0.15 KH/s on an i5-6200U, Perhaps I've missed some configuration setting or something. Very cool project regardless of my crap spare CPU though.  Grin

About $ 3 a month. I don't even know what this money will be enough for. Despite some increased interest in CPU mining, it is now possible to say that the time of mining on the CPU is over. And for this coin, and for all others. Very soon, the same can be said about the GPU. I'm not very good at algorithms, what's the advantage of Balioon over Yescrypt R16?
Activity: 3
Thought I'd throw the miner on an old laptop to see what it gets. 0.15 KH/s on an i5-6200U, Perhaps I've missed some configuration setting or something. Very cool project regardless of my crap spare CPU though.  Grin
Activity: 175
Merit: 11
"Decentralization is religion"
Some people didn't realize that I released new optimized miner.
285h/s -> 414h/s on my i7-3770k cpu Smiley
Ryzen cpu's can reach more than 10kh/s

https://github.com/BeastPool/cpuminer-balloon/releases/tag/3.8.8.2-opt2

Can anyone verify this as legit? Seems a little too good to be true for a Ryzen user like myself.

It is legit but it depends on what ryzen model you have, looking at the difficulty I guess it's now safe to say that cpu mining period for deft is officially over.

RYZEN 2700X @4,3 gives ~6000H/s @stock(4.0) 5200H/s as per my experience..
Activity: 146
We are waiting for the GPU miner !!!!!!
legendary

Can anyone verify this as legit? Seems a little too good to be true for a Ryzen user like myself.

It is legit but it depends on what ryzen model you have, looking at the difficulty I guess it's now safe to say that cpu mining period for deft is officially over.
Activity: 773
Merit: 255

Wooohoooo ! Thanks for getting this one listed. Now easy to track it's value on Block folio Smiley
Activity: 109
Merit: 11
Activity: 8

Activity: 146
ccminer -a balloon -o stratum+tcp://pool.deft.host:3333 -u dXr9h2o8nSyXUQZjGhgRnJ1FtJ1SPfhTPv -p x
pause

1060 6gb -- 46 h/s :/

Activity: 636
Merit: 516
the only credible gpu miner at the moment is still in testing by @Bel (a discord member).
happy to admit fault in any other case, a little evidence perhaps?

james
Pages:
Jump to: