Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 117. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100
As a comunity what about help to ARG, to get out from that high diff? It would not take much time, if we manage to get ~30MH/s there for hour or two...

No, i have got only ~12 ARG
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
anyone else get a lot more rejects / stales when mining on high intensity settings and more or less zero on lower intensities?

I got 75% less than advertised on coinwarz, for worldcoin i tried 18 intensity and that seemed to work good, but there is no way you should get 75% rejects like i am with this coin even on intensity 20.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
anyone else get a lot more rejects / stales when mining on high intensity settings and more or less zero on lower intensities?

Activity: 126
can anyone help me to solve this problem

my dgc transaction is on 0 confirm for many hours , how can i solve that ?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
http://digitalize.bounceme.net/

We could use some hashrate  Wink

All of you giving dgc.epools.org over 51% of the network's hash rate, point your miners to http://digitalize.bounceme.net!!! I have nothing against dgc.epools.org - it's a very nice pool - but it's always bad AND dangerous when a single pool has such a large chunk of a coin's hash rate, and digitalize is a great, stable pool (and no, I'm not associated with digitalize in any way).

Don't worry about DGC pools. Worry about huge ltc pools who mine exactly the same as DGC pools, only a 10 times more powerful. 51% is just an address change for them. Litecoin didn't have to fear such from BTC pools because of the algorithm difference, but DGC has to fear it from LTC, or other scrypt mining coins.
Activity: 153
Switchercoin.com

All of you giving dgc.epools.org over 51% of the network's hash rate, point your miners to http://digitalize.bounceme.net!!! I have nothing against dgc.epools.org - it's a very nice pool - but it's always bad AND dangerous when a single pool has such a large chunk of a coin's hash rate, and digitalize is a great, stable pool (and no, I'm not associated with digitalize in any way).

Another good Pool:

www.digitalcoinpool.org/
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

legendary
DGC supporters, please "like" our new facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/DigitalCoinDGC

I "joined" the fb page. A bit more information on the page would be nice. What sets it apart from other currencies such as Litecoin or Bitcoin, and why is DGC the/a choice for the 21st century.
Activity: 134
DGC supporters, please "like" our new facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/DigitalCoinDGC
Activity: 10
Really excited about this..... Grin
Activity: 140
hey

i sent some dgc but is still in 0 confirmation for more than 45minuts  Angry

is that normal ?  Huh

I've had it happen with a few coins.

Open the command prompt, and run the client with --rescan after it. That should solve the problem. It will eventually confirm.
Activity: 126
hey

i sent some dgc but is still in 0 confirmation for more than 45minuts  Angry

is that normal ?  Huh
legendary
If the network will still be vulnerable for attacks, will the acceptance level for merchants decline or increase?

The more hashing power is directed to digitalcoin, the safer it will become. Perhaps it's good for now that prices have gone down a bit again until hashrate picks up. Also, I consider it a good thing it isn't added on BTC-e yet.
Activity: 27
If the network will still be vulnerable for attacks, will the acceptance level for merchants decline or increase?
legendary
Isn't the whole point of using decentralized computing power to pool resources for the common good? To defend against the powerful by uniting the rest? To secure transaction processing by building a network of individuals?

The point of crypto-currency is to defend. That's how it is built. That's how it is succeeding. Growth, community building, and dedication are the ways to defend.

There are no magical answers, that's why all coins have the same one. The community is stronger than the attacker. That is the only defence P2P has and the reason for its existence.

I really hope the community is stronger than a possible attacker. But is it? Litecoin hashrate is 28 Gh/s right now. DGC hardly 1, while DGC has the largest market cap of any POW scrypt coin behind litecoin (safe),  and feathercoin (already successfully attacked). Even a small fish ltc pool owner could attack DGC for breakfast right now, for totally unreasonable, or reasonable motivations such as protecting ltc from serious competition in the future. Bitcoin is safe (sha256), Litecoin is safe (too high hash rate), Feathercoin is toast, all other coins are either sha256 or Proof of Stake (Novacoin, PPC...) I know this sounds like FUD, but I'd be really happy if there were measures of protecting against a 51% attack. DGC would likely be the next target, and I don't see how any ltc pool operator would suffer from that (if he does ltc a favor with it), or even be found out to be behind such an attack.

1   Bitcoin   $ 1,129,886,759   $ 98.95   11,418,775 BTC   +3.55 %   
2   Litecoin   $ 58,364,578   $ 3.00   19,466,654 LTC   +5.42 %   
3   Namecoin   $ 3,338,505   $ 0.56   6,014,143 NMC   +4.43 %   
4   PPCoin   $ 2,973,268   $ 0.15   19,639,354 PPC   -6.23 %   
5   Novacoin   $ 1,282,148   $ 4.14   309,767 NVC   +3.17 %   
6   Feathercoin   $ 881,039   $ 0.087   10,118,050 FTC   +5.87 %   
7   Terracoin   $ 565,937   $ 0.18   3,195,210 TRC   +12.03 %   
8   Devcoin   $ 333,066   $ 6.8e-05   4,878,270,050 DVC   -3.29 %   
9   Freicoin   $ 266,730   $ 0.012   22,644,509 FRC   +5.43 %   
10   Digitalcoin   $ 205,112   $ 0.042   4,848,386 DGC   -25.74 %

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
multipool.in are responsible for most of that. Read the ARG thread if you want to know more about the problem.

It is in ARG Announce thread?
Yeah, most of the last few pages, it gets a bit heated, but still worth a read.
multipool.in are responsible for most of that. Read the ARG thread if you want to know more about the problem.

It is in ARG Announce thread?
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Isn't the whole point of using decentralized computing power to pool resources for the common good? To defend against the powerful by uniting the rest? To secure transaction processing by building a network of individuals?

The point of crypto-currency is to defend. That's how it is built. That's how it is succeeding. Growth, community building, and dedication are the ways to defend.

There are no magical answers, that's why all coins have the same one. The community is stronger than the attacker. That is the only defence P2P has and the reason for its existence.

That is good for me  Wink

Now, can you tell me what that sudden growth of network hashrate mean? I mean, it seems to me, for last 3 day or so, that every time, before difficulty adjusment, there is a 100%+ grow in network hashrate  (from ~800 to ~1600 Mh/s) , then after hour or so, it drops back where it was before. It seems to me like someone wants to keep difficulty higher. But it is 800Mh/s of hashrate, who has that?! But it does not seems to be sudden interest of miners and current profitability of DGC. I am starting to be paranoid  Roll Eyes

multipool.in are responsible for most of that. Read the ARG thread if you want to know more about the problem. The pool does high hash attacks against low net hash alt coins locking them into high difficulty for days at a time. He says he is testing the coins, doing them a favor. All he is doing is preventing the users of his pool getting the maximum average profit from those coins. Whilst a coin is high diff for a couple of days, his pool users are getting zero blocks from that coin! They are missing out on thousands of blocks, forcing the pool to hop to a lower average profitability coin that has a higher more robust net hash. DGC is a moderate hash coin that is still strongly effected by this pool hop.

That is good for me  Wink

Now, can you tell me what that sudden growth of network hashrate mean? I mean, it seems to me, for last 3 day or so, that every time, before difficulty adjusment, there is a 100%+ grow in network hashrate  (from ~800 to ~1600 Mh/s) , then after hour or so, it drops back where it was before. It seems to me like someone wants to keep difficulty higher. But it is 800Mh/s of hashrate, who has that?! But it does not seems to be sudden interest of miners and current profitability of DGC. I am starting to be paranoid  Roll Eyes
Jump to: