Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 119. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

You can only duplicate the coins you own in an attack. I know of no major DGC holder willing to risk destroying the value of his coins. What would be the incentive to attack the network otherwise? The incentive for the FTC attack was money.

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Interestingly DigitalCoin and FeatherCoin both have the same network hash right now according to coinchoose: 1.05GH.

Would be nice to see DigitalCoin overtake it.

https://dgc.epools.org
https://ftc.epools.org

It's already nice though?

That is great news  Smiley We've gone through a nice jump in price and activity lately. I can see further spikes like this occurring over the coming months... I would list the reasons why but you already know them lol.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Interestingly DigitalCoin and FeatherCoin both have the same network hash right now according to coinchoose: 1.05GH.

https://dgc.epools.org
https://ftc.epools.org

It's already nice though?
legendary
Activity: 1344

legendary
A question to the dev: I would like to know what happens if some big ltc pools (or other scrypt mining pools) used their hashpower to 51% attack DGC with the intent of killing the network.

You know as described here for example: http://maxminer.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ftc_51attack.pdf

I just had a discussion with someone who says that DGC would need to have a much higher hashrate to be secure (he compared it to ltc) and then I thought well, what would happen if people switched from mining ltc to other more profitable coins and ltc hashrate went down? Would it be made just as insecure again?

What happens to scrypt coins in general if people are sick of using gpus for mining because they cost too much power or whatever reason. As there are no Asics for scrypt...nor fpgas at this moment.

Why a would a pool attack digitalcoin? Large pools benefit from alternative currencies because they lower their own difficulty and smooth the fluctuations.

You can only duplicate the coins you own in an attack. I know of no major DGC holder willing to risk destroying the value of his coins. What would be the incentive to attack the network otherwise? The incentive for the FTC attack was money.

Yes, LTC, like all scrypt and sha coins, is secured by hashpower. If the power drops, so does the security.

Finally, GPU owners are moving to scrypt mining and not away. ASIC are pushing them in that direction at an ever increasing rate. When bitcoin difficulty stops rising exponentially, and scrypt starts dropping in profit instead of rising exponentially, I'll start worrying about what will happen in the event of a GPU exodus. GPU mining cannot randomly drop in profitability, and the more viable choices a GPU miner has, the less likely it is he'll just give up on it. It is after all a market of supply and demand, at least until ASIC are involved.

ASIC are not an advantage in as many ways as they are. I'm not a fan.
legendary
Activity: 1526
A question to the dev: I would like to know what happens if some big ltc pools (or other scrypt mining pools) used their hashpower to 51% attack DGC with the intent of killing the network.

You know as described here for example: http://maxminer.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ftc_51attack.pdf

I just had a discussion with someone who says that DGC would need to have a much higher hashrate to be secure (he compared it to ltc) and then I thought well, what would happen if people switched from mining ltc to other more profitable coins and ltc hashrate went down? Would it be made just as insecure again?

What happens to scrypt coins in general if people are sick of using gpus for mining because they cost too much power or whatever reason. As there are no Asics for scrypt...nor fpgas at this moment.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
aka 7Strykes
There are ways to consolidate a large # of transactions with no fees. Search around. The "soon to be released" 0.8.3.x LTC wallet will have a built in utility to combine smaller transactions.

Do you know who develops the LTC wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
There are ways to consolidate a large # of transactions with no fees. Search around. The "soon to be released" 0.8.3.x LTC wallet will have a built in utility to combine smaller transactions.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
That might be it, i have 2276 transactions
legendary
Example:

If you have a wallet that has 1,000 transactions for a balance of 1,000 DGC, it is not the same as having 1,000 DGC that came in through say, 2 transactions. The first wallet's structure is going to cost more fees, take longer to send, and results in larger transaction sizes.

So if you get the error and you have a good amount of RAM, it means you should send the transactions in smaller pieces because your wallet is fragmented and has a large size.
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
Is there a maximum amount of DGC I can sent in one transaction?

That would depend on the structure of your wallet and how much memory you have. No hard coded limit exists though.

Hm i want to sent 7k DGC but i get error message "Error: Failed to create transaction" (Something like that, its translated to english...) I have got 8gb of memory. How is memory related to this?

I sent 50-70k many times no problems

That would depend on the structure of your wallet and how much memory you have. No hard coded limit exists though.

Hm i want to sent 7k DGC but i get error message "Error: Failed to create transaction" (Something like that, its translated to english...) I have got 8gb of memory. How is memory related to this?
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010
A good DGC pool
http://dgc.epools.org/

stratum+tcp://dgc.epools.org:3338

NO!!! NOT A GOOD POOL!!! It has over 50% of the network hashing power.  Its obvious neither you, nor the pool operator cares about the future of DGC.  I can't believe that site still takes registrations.  It's crossing the border between reckless and malevolent.  

dgcepools stats currently according to its own page: Network hashrate: 1039.13 MH/s Pool hashrate: 583.94 MH/s

Edit: Nothing personal, I'm just a dick and throwing things from up on my "Spread the hash" soapbox. (see previous page if confused, pg 172)

I use multipool.in digitalcoin pool. Around 25 mhash right now. I also dont like to use pools that are over 50 percent with no regard to limiting at all. I think its reckless and an attractive website for devious people to focus on.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
A good DGC pool
http://dgc.epools.org/

stratum+tcp://dgc.epools.org:3338

NO!!! NOT A GOOD POOL!!! It has over 50% of the network hashing power.  Its obvious neither you, nor the pool operator cares about the future of DGC.  I can't believe that site still takes registrations.  It's crossing the border between reckless and malevolent.  

dgcepools stats currently according to its own page: Network hashrate: 1039.13 MH/s Pool hashrate: 583.94 MH/s

Edit: Nothing personal, I'm just a dick and throwing things from up on my "Spread the hash" soapbox. (see previous page if confused, pg 172)

It's funny because I remember when worldcoin was just launched, erundook kept on saying how everyone should switch to his pool because BigVern had over 50% of the hashrate on his pool and he obviously didn't care about the coin because he wasn't limiting registrations.  Roll Eyes

Only a problem when its not him getting a big piece of the pie Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

Looks cool I should get one to take to work! Smiley

That's great! I'll keep you posted for when the stock arrives with myself, then I'll have an exact purchase price including shipping.

I'm also looking at printed USB wristbands, flipcards (credit card size USB's) and some rounded stick designs, but I'll see how these go first and make a separate poll for voting on designs.

If anyone else is interested then please drop me a PM.

Cheers.
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
I'm pleased to announce that I've confirmed an initial order proof for 50 x 2GB USB Slender Flashdrives printed with the digitalcoin logo!

The 2GB devices should arrive with myself for international shipping around the 1st August 2013. I intend to retail them for digitalcoin's and for PayPal and perhaps via sites like ebay etc., both with and without digitalcoin wallets on the USB drives and in different denominations.

I'm also looking to expand the range to include different designs and memory sizes. We are based in the UK, so you should consider this if / when placing your orders. We may consider an Asia region and USA distributor, if anyone would be interested.

I'm also working on dedicated scrypt mining devices and some other cool products.  Cool

Anyway, order proof for the initial 50 x 2GB USB Flashdrive's - digitalcoin backup / storage devices.

I'll look to create a separate thread within the next few days so that people can register there interest etc.

A website for the product range is currently in production.

Looks cool I should get one to take to work! Smiley
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
I've created a new site to provide some information about IRC, the DigitalCoin chat room, and all of the various uses for our bot, DGCBot. Let me know if it needs anything Smiley

http://irc.mywl.lt/

Nice work mate!  Smiley
Jump to: