Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 172. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
What I think we now desperately need is escrow service with a reliable owner, like maybe DGC dev team themselves.
Any plans on that?
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
Yes those are orphans where the pool had a valid solution but got beat out by some other pool's submission.

Usually the software filters them out of the "found blocks" list but occasionally they show up

That makes sense. I knew the orphans didn;t usually show up but had see na couple of these go through and just wondered about them. Thanks for the quick response everyone.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
Yes those are orphans where the pool had a valid solution but got beat out by some other pool's submission.

Usually the software filters them out of the "found blocks" list but occasionally they show up
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm pretty new to the P2Pool too. I'm on fenican's and it seems to be working well. One question I have is I have seen a couple of "found" blocks go through but have not gotten payment for them. One was at  Jun 03 2013 10:09:07 GMT-0500 (Central Standard Time), block 67745. I got payment on the previous one and the one after. What causes that to happen and how do I research it myself?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am still learning.

From what I understand if the block is not accepted from the P2P network into the blockchain for some reason that block doesn't get paid out.

Yeah, most likely orphaned block, though most sites should display them as such.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I'm pretty new to the P2Pool too. I'm on fenican's and it seems to be working well. One question I have is I have seen a couple of "found" blocks go through but have not gotten payment for them. One was at  Jun 03 2013 10:09:07 GMT-0500 (Central Standard Time), block 67745. I got payment on the previous one and the one after. What causes that to happen and how do I research it myself?

From what I understand if the block is not accepted from the P2P network into the blockchain for some reason that block doesn't get paid out.
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
I'm pretty new to the P2Pool too. I'm on fenican's and it seems to be working well. One question I have is I have seen a couple of "found" blocks go through but have not gotten payment for them. One was at  Jun 03 2013 10:09:07 GMT-0500 (Central Standard Time), block 67745. I got payment on the previous one and the one after. What causes that to happen and how do I research it myself?

I've never looked much into p2pool myself, but I believe you'd just be talking about notifying other nodes that a new block is found, in the same way you add nodes to your config when a coin is just starting out.  More connected nodes = more likely that your found block propagates to be the longest chain before someone else's.

Could be wrong though, maybe its more than that for p2pool's.
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
Have the P2pools started networking with each other?

Wait they network to each other? What good does that do?

The same thing connecting your client to other nodes does. Improved connection and efficiency.

So p2pool basically becomes one big pool? Or is it just raw network speed
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

The same thing connecting your client to other nodes does. Improved connection and efficiency.
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I've tried to get my pool to connect but didn't have much luck if anyone else has please pass the info
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
okay so the 3 PPS pools i've found on page 1 are:

digitalize
turbocoin
epools

out of those 3:

- turbo isn't resolving, down perhaps? think it's been down for a few days?
- digitalize is resolving, however their website loaded a bit slow for me
- epools seems to be resolving fast, however it's located in europe, as is digitalize

I'm from Canada so i've heard that having a low ping to the pool is essential for low reject rates/orphan rates/whatever bad stuff??

How much of a difference is it going to make joining a euro push pool, over say a local p2pool? Are PPS still the best thing for me? someone suggested it, but i still haven't heard "yes this is what you want" etc. just looking for clarity. thanks guys!

i just really want some raw numbers to mull over... without any data to compare i feel like i'm flying blind.

----------------------------

assuming a constant hashrate, z, then i need answers to:

mining 18 hours a day = x DGC/hour
mining 24 hours a day = y DGC/hour

what are the values of x and y using:

PPS push pool = a
P2Pool = b

zax, zay, zbx, zby. these are the numbers i'm looking for.

and how will my latency to the server affect all of this? *bonus question. Willing to part with a tiny amount of DGC for some answers Smiley

FWIW, http://digitalcoin.scryptmining.com is located in Canada (OVH's bhs datacenter, largest in the world [I think]).  As mentioned, really, find a pool you like and stick with it.  You really should get pretty similar results everywhere (aside from some luck of the pool).  Scryptmining is proportional per share, paid out 100% after 60 confirms (ie: no standard PPLNS delay, but of course that evens out over time anyways).  As for 18hrs vs. 24hrs, at the above pool, it really just depends on how lucky the pool is during the 18hr period, you get paid out for all shares submitted during that period as soon as found blocks are confirmed.  Averaging over time it would literally just be 25% less coins for 25% less time spent mining.   Happy mining either way Smiley
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
Pool type really does not matter if you stick with mining one type of coin.

For DGC, right now, you should get about 330 coins per day per 1 mh/s.  So, example, if you had 10 mh/s you should expect 3300.  Most pools are PPLNS so wait 24 hours to count your coins your payouts in the very early going will be lower.

That will change with difficulty.  Since difficulty readjusts frequently on DGC, it is tough to make a perfect prediction.

Pool uptime is important.  Any time a pool goes down or slows down that will hurt your yield.

A good network connection is also important for the pool since it will mean less stales / DOA to the network

I tend to prefer p2pool when I can find a good one since it is much harder for a pool operator to cheat people, they are less buggy, and they are less often hit by DDOS attacks.

I mine at my own pool "eat your dog food" and have found my yield is right at expectation so I feel it is working well

(my pool is hosted on an Amazon server in Northern Virginia, USA)
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
digitalize is not PPS but proportional and you can have your expected mining income on pool stats page.
What you sould take in account when choosing a pool is the reject/orphan rate you have got with it.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
okay so the 3 PPS pools i've found on page 1 are:

digitalize
turbocoin
epools

out of those 3:

- turbo isn't resolving, down perhaps? think it's been down for a few days?
- digitalize is resolving, however their website loaded a bit slow for me
- epools seems to be resolving fast, however it's located in europe, as is digitalize

I'm from Canada so i've heard that having a low ping to the pool is essential for low reject rates/orphan rates/whatever bad stuff??

How much of a difference is it going to make joining a euro push pool, over say a local p2pool? Are PPS still the best thing for me? someone suggested it, but i still haven't heard "yes this is what you want" etc. just looking for clarity. thanks guys!

i just really want some raw numbers to mull over... without any data to compare i feel like i'm flying blind.

----------------------------

assuming a constant hashrate, z, then i need answers to:

mining 18 hours a day = x DGC/hour
mining 24 hours a day = y DGC/hour

what are the values of x and y using:

PPS push pool = a
P2Pool = b

zax, zay, zbx, zby. these are the numbers i'm looking for.

and how will my latency to the server affect all of this? *bonus question. Willing to part with a tiny amount of DGC for some answers Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
yeah, so is that what it's like with all pools? time to max reward??? (actual projected reward?) why isn't this info listed anywhere...

Because it varies and changes all the time.

The only way for a set reward is with a PPS pool but there isn't a DGC PPS pool yet.

PPS = Pay Per share

ahh ok, so in answer to my question posed 5 or 6 posts ago... then a PPS pool is what i'm looking for, for someone who can't run a dedicated mining rig?

i understand the inherent varience with thse things, they're based on probability, but my point is that it seems also inherent to these systems that if i can run a dedicated mining rig, then my profits per hour are much much higher, than if i run for 10 hours, then stop for 4, then resume mining.

this is the crux of my inquiry

As stated above I guess there are some DGC PPS pools. Those will be best for you if you want a steady reward amount.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
ahh must have missed that, gonna go try some PPS pools out, see how they fare.

but in general, is PPS the best way to go for someone who can't be a dedicated miner? (even though i'd love to) I want to be able to play shootmania! Smiley

I've read the difference between the major methods of share distribution, and honestly it was mostly greek to me.

I don't need to know all the ins and outs, i just want to know which will give me the biggest reward for my mining style ie. 2-3 hours mining, 1-2 hours not mining etc.

And preferably something that will reference how much i will be losing on an average DGC/hour by being an occasional miner, instead of dedicated? how much more worth it is it to just mine 24/7? (strictly with a DGC/hour number in mind, not daily total). Really consider mining for 18 hours a day to be pretty darn "dedicated" to me... but my rewards aren't reflecting this...

http://dgc.epools.org use this one it's pps and payments are very good, also it has lowest reject rate for me and reasonable fee.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
ahh must have missed that, gonna go try some PPS pools out, see how they fare.

but in general, is PPS the best way to go for someone who can't be a dedicated miner? (even though i'd love to) I want to be able to play shootmania! Smiley

I've read the difference between the major methods of share distribution, and honestly it was mostly greek to me.

I don't need to know all the ins and outs, i just want to know which will give me the biggest reward for my mining style ie. 2-3 hours mining, 1-2 hours not mining etc.

And preferably something that will reference how much i will be losing on an average DGC/hour by being an occasional miner, instead of dedicated? how much more worth it is it to just mine 24/7? (strictly with a DGC/hour number in mind, not daily total). Really consider mining for 18 hours a day to be pretty darn "dedicated" to me... but my rewards aren't reflecting this...

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
According to the pool list on the main post there are 3 PPS pools.
Jump to: