Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 232. (Read 523463 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Not sure why that's happening, and I can't reproduce it myself.. I've left a few computers running on different IPs and still can't get it to happen.. You can expect a commit very soon with an update. I am just looking at the best solution.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
so in the last 20 minutes, I've had to close and open my digitalcoin-qt because it starts resyncing the block chain all 338733 blocks, 1 every second. What is going on with this? I haven't seen this in any other coin...
Activity: 519
Merit: 253
I believe my issues are caused by jumping to the wrong block chain also. Probably why I saw solved blocks but never got paid. Just ran good for 2 hours then did it again. Hope we find a fix soon. I'm not going to be able to baby sit my rigs this weekend.
legendary
Those dnsseeds will be activated in a future commit. I did not want the network to centralize around it.

A signature is one of the options I am looking at, as well as/or a checkpoint.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Someone messaged me that clearing DNS cache and using new files except for wallet fixed the problem for them.

I'm not sure that DNS has anything to do with it, since it doesn't seem to be used at all in the client for seeding. The code has all of the hostnames commented out.

Code:
// DNS seeds
// Each pair gives a source name and a seed name.
// The first name is used as information source for addrman.
// The second name should resolve to a list of seed addresses.
static const char *strDNSSeed[][2] = {
    //{"digitalcoin.co", "dnsseed.digitalcoin.co"},
    //{"altcointech.net", "dnsseed.rc.altcointech.net"},
};

These comments mean that strDNSSeed is an empty array, so later code to resolve hostnames to IPs never executes.

Code:
        printf("Loading addresses from DNS seeds (could take a while)\n");

for (unsigned int seed_idx = 0; seed_idx < ARRAYLEN(strDNSSeed); seed_idx++) {

ARRAYLEN(strDNSSeed) is 0 because it's an empty array, so the loop ends before the contents are executed. Compiler warns of this dead code: "comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is always false"

It's not a startup issue anyway, the flip only happens after the client has been running for several hours.

A simple signature to declare the currency of the network would fix this.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
I have set up a smaller North America p2pool server for miners.  Would ask that only folks with 2 mh/s or less attach:

http://107.20.222.119:9500/static/

Larger miners should attach to my other pool.  This one is on a lower capacity server so major mining may blow it up

Luck of the Irish!  I pointed about 1.5 mh/s to get it started and found a block in about 10 seconds
Activity: 392
I was on fenican pool and switched to the France one... Just found a block as writing Smiley

I was wondering if a free vps could be enough to host a p2p pool?

maybe could set up a node in North America...

I've got a linux machine in the middle of the USA, so it would be a decent ping to both coasts. Does anyone know how much bandwidth setting up a p2p pool actually takes? I'd take a crack at it if it isn't overwhelming.

My P2Pool at crypto-coins.de is connected with 1GBit, and the Traffic of the P2Pool Node is less than 1 % so that itis not shown in my Traffic monitor....
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
I have set up a smaller North America p2pool server for miners.  Would ask that only folks with 2 mh/s or less attach:

http://107.20.222.119:9500/static/

Larger miners should attach to my other pool.  This one is on a lower capacity server so major mining may blow it up
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
http://digi.cryptcoins.net/ same like dgc pool waisted 2 days for half of reward. Switched to digi.cryptcoins.net/ last night around 1:00 AM by 8 -9 AM had already 200 DGC on pace for 600 and until 3:30 pm another 50 DGC ... that it for me ... wish i knew how to solo mine Sad

Trying digitalcoinpool  now but no stratum ... will see

I've recently lowered Pool fee and tweaked the payout to add 3 coins to the block reward calculation for paying for share ratio to total ratio.. Now i'm loosing coins.. i don't know what else to tell you.. its working ok.  I'm personally fed up with the pplns system and I'll rewrite the code for future pools to be pay per block reward by share ratio to total shares per block.
Activity: 336
I was on fenican pool and switched to the France one... Just found a block as writing Smiley

I've got a linux machine in the middle of the USA, so it would be a decent ping to both coasts. Does anyone know how much bandwidth setting up a p2p pool actually takes? I'd take a crack at it if it isn't overwhelming.
legendary
Someone messaged me that clearing DNS cache and using new files except for wallet fixed the problem for them.

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Make 30 Digital Coins by jumping on the flash bang at bitgrenade
almightyruler, it seems to happen only to a select few. It shouldn't be possible theoretically, I am trying to find out the cause, no one I know seems to be able to give an answer actually. Maybe you can solve it for me Smiley

I'm getting the same thing,,, keep getting out of sync and it says I have to download the whole block chain again... just restarting the client works to fix it.
legendary
almightyruler, it seems to happen only to a select few. It shouldn't be possible theoretically, I am trying to find out the cause, no one I know seems to be able to give an answer actually. Maybe you can solve it for me Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
I'm stuck on another chain YET AGAIN

Estimated total blocks: 29838

Maybe FTC or FRC? It's not DGC, either way.

This is getting really silly... I can't solo mine since the client keeps flipping to a parallel universe, and it's near impossible to pick out which pool to use based on all of the complaints about underpayments and reliability.

Follow the troubleshooting guide, forward port 7999, add all the new connections in the first post.

We have a unique genesis block and port, so that's all that can be done at this point.

I've already followed the troubleshooting guide, but it's still happening. There doesn't seem to be much practical difference between deleting and recreating the blockchain versus just quitting and restarting the client... in both instances things start working again, but the client eventually locks onto a longer chain.

I've been using bitcoin for a couple of years, and have recently participated in early mining on several other new coins (eg MNC, CNC, ELC, PWC). Digitalcoin is the only client that has ever wandered over to another chain.
legendary

You need to change your post, i don't appreciate you listing my pool as a scam (http://digi.cryptcoins.net)  And I have no Idea who is the owner of the other pool.
Activity: 454
THE TIME HAS COME...

legendary
I'm stuck on another chain YET AGAIN

Estimated total blocks: 29838

Maybe FTC or FRC? It's not DGC, either way.

This is getting really silly... I can't solo mine since the client keeps flipping to a parallel universe, and it's near impossible to pick out which pool to use based on all of the complaints about underpayments and reliability.

Follow the troubleshooting guide, forward port 7999, add all the new connections in the first post.

We have a unique genesis block and port, so that's all that can be done at this point.
legendary

Haha just noticed this....I have no idea who digi.cryptcoins.net is, but has nothing to do with me or scryptmining.com Smiley

Hopefully he has better luck than I have at running his pool though! Sad

I've been using http://next.afraid.org:8119/static/ with great success, fast and reliable.

This one:  http://next.afraid.org:8119/static/  works well in my case. It has a high bandwidth too.

Reliability is the key to get a good pool...

Are you serious?  Your reputation just went out the window.. I don't run http://dgc.scryptmining.com.  Do you just make stuff up?
Jump to: