Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC][WDC][CRC][CSC][P2Pool] xPool.net - page 3. (Read 22403 times)

legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
November 02, 2013, 08:15:26 PM
Thanks dragon695! No plans to close it. Will keep it going and updated as long as there are miners. I double checked the other day and we are on the latest version of the client. I remember having to recode the software to support the new coin specifications so it was ready for the hardfork when it happened.
What I mean is yesterday someone tried to 51% attack and doublespend WDC. It was caught, but you have to download new client and redownload the blockchain.

Thanks for the heads up. WDC client updated to v0.6.4.6.
Activity: 449
Merit: 103
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
November 02, 2013, 05:49:58 PM
Thanks dragon695! No plans to close it. Will keep it going and updated as long as there are miners. I double checked the other day and we are on the latest version of the client. I remember having to recode the software to support the new coin specifications so it was ready for the hardfork when it happened.
What I mean is yesterday someone tried to 51% attack and doublespend WDC. It was caught, but you have to download new client and redownload the blockchain.
legendary
November 02, 2013, 04:18:49 PM
Now that I know about the DGC bank, things are becoming clearer by the minute. This is just more of the same old sockpuppet parade I had to endure with IFC.

"Now that I know..  the way it goes .. you have to pay back every penny that you owe." ---->> http://youtu.be/HRdipWxO2ig

Thanks for the song.
Not to add fuel to the fire but....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHZc4KFls4

LOL
legendary
November 02, 2013, 04:08:00 PM
Your WDC pool is fair and I've used it a number of times. I hope you'll keep it going. I hope you caught the WDC hardfork. I wish you had a MEC pool, too.

BTW, the source code for the pools are available on GitHub: github.com/CartmanSPC

Hippie Tech, if you have any concerns about being scammed consider reviewing the source code and even running your own node. As you may already know all the nodes work together to form one giant pool. The more the better Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
November 02, 2013, 08:09:34 AM
The lower block rewards - usually 2.0 DGC in value - are a security feature of DigitalCoin. They are the main reason DGC has never been forked, as any attempt at creating a new fork will not contain the proper 2.0 blocks, thus invalidating that fork. They can only be found by p2pools and have been there since day 1.

Please show me where /how this was made known.

in #digitalcoin and my own conversations with baritus

If the IRC channel is the place to be, this may explain why your forum acct came out of semi-retirement so you can be here to set things straight.

What other tips and/or insider info are we, the Crypto community, unaware of with regards to DGC ?

Now that I know about the DGC bank, things are becoming clearer by the minute. This is just more of the same old sockpuppet parade I had to endure with IFC.

"Now that I know..  the way it goes .. you have to pay back every penny that you owe." ---->> http://youtu.be/HRdipWxO2ig
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
November 02, 2013, 12:41:30 AM
The lower block rewards - usually 2.0 DGC in value - are a security feature of DigitalCoin. They are the main reason DGC has never been forked, as any attempt at creating a new fork will not contain the proper 2.0 blocks, thus invalidating that fork. They can only be found by p2pools and have been there since day 1.

in #digitalcoin and my own conversations with baritus
Activity: 449
Merit: 103
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
November 01, 2013, 09:30:24 PM
Hippie Tech,

Baritus wants to keep it on the "down low" for what I imagine are security reasons.

Just relaying what I've been told. I think my reputation speaks for itself. Have been around enough for people to know that I'm legit and honestly there is not enough money to be made by trying to scam a few DGC from people. Keeping things in perspective we are talking about a couple of cents here. Not worth the time or effort. I am an adult with a sizable income and real world responsibilities that keep me from spending much more time on this "hobby".

I run these pools as a service to others and although I have considered shutting them down (because of the effort involved) I keep them going because for some reason I feel that it is important to have stable and reliable pools available. I will admit that initially it was fun discovering how to operate and code the software but I have moved on to other interests in life.

This includes most things in the crypto world for me. I still mine and operate the pools but after the initial challenge of learning about how everything works there is not much more for me to participate in or keep my interest going.

Fortunately I discovered the crypto world at a time in my life where I needed the distraction but that time has past.

Your WDC pool is fair and I've used it a number of times. I hope you'll keep it going. I hope you caught the WDC hardfork. I wish you had a MEC pool, too.
legendary
November 01, 2013, 11:54:29 AM

Activity: 132
legendary
Since when is a selling point, a security risk ? Huh

The last pool op that fed me this much bs was this guy --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/treasureseeker-128589

You both give the lamest excuses when the miners notice they are being RIPPED OFF. Coincidence ?

I have PMd Baritus. We'll see what he has to say.
legendary
Hippie Tech,

Baritus wants to keep it on the "down low" for what I imagine are security reasons.

Just relaying what I've been told. I think my reputation speaks for itself. Have been around enough for people to know that I'm legit and honestly there is not enough money to be made by trying to scam a few DGC from people. Keeping things in perspective we are talking about a couple of cents here. Not worth the time or effort. I am an adult with a sizable income and real world responsibilities that keep me from spending much more time on this "hobby".

I run these pools as a service to others and although I have considered shutting them down (because of the effort involved) I keep them going because for some reason I feel that it is important to have stable and reliable pools available. I will admit that initially it was fun discovering how to operate and code the software but I have moved on to other interests in life.

This includes most things in the crypto world for me. I still mine and operate the pools but after the initial challenge of learning about how everything works there is not much more for me to participate in or keep my interest going.

Fortunately I discovered the crypto world at a time in my life where I needed the distraction but that time has past.
legendary
Hi Hippie Tech,

The smaller block reward is a design of DGC. From what I have been told it is used to secure the block chain. For more information please ping Baritus (the developer of DGC).

Think of them as a "bonus" for securing the block chain since I recall Baritus saying they are not actual "found" blocks. Again, he would have to clarify the meaning as I have not looked into the source code of DGC to see what it's doing in this regard.

BULL SHIT. Grin You sound exactly like the IFC p2p pool running scammer.

If that were the case, it would be specified here --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndgc-digitalcoin-multi-algo-masternodes-established-2013-209508

And.. I've been solo mining DGC for weeks. Wink
legendary
Hi Loft!

I would first try to reduce your intensity to 18. That should do it. Come to the digitalcoin IRC channel and me or one of the guys will try to help out further.
legendary
Hi Hippie Tech,

The smaller block reward is a design of DGC. From what I have been told it is used to secure the block chain. For more information please ping Baritus (the developer of DGC).

Think of them as a "bonus" for securing the block chain since I recall Baritus saying they are not actual "found" blocks. Again, he would have to clarify the meaning as I have not looked into the source code of DGC to see what it's doing in this regard.
legendary
Where did our DGC go ?

Block 512432 looks good --> http://dgc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/a7d335f459290baaf19eecefaa7844fa1175bcdefc2bc2a9b93a95e7583ca171

Then 10 minutes later we find another and 90% of the reward is AWOL.

Block 512437 WTF !!! --> http://dgc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/19db357e0c8978dd789f588f09cd63ce8713a1bbbe389b135d99576ec7d22133

I am DSF3RQtbPzqX2TukNKinNVHkZBEHTiLyTV. Please return our missing DGC.

Update..

The block explorer your site uses doesn't work.

Cryptocoinexplorer does and the timestamps do not match. Plz explain this aswell.

Update II

90% of the reward is missing again with the newest block, 513163.

http://dgc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/e8d3ba245be5cc3a7d811b29c0da6c7e6ba5077eb301c6bbc80ae28827443071
Activity: 127
CartmanSPC, hello!
Help me to configure my farm(7950,7950,7870,7870) to reduce the number of Rejects. Now my settings:
"expiry" : "10",
"log" : "3",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "5",
"scrypt" : true,
"auto-fan" : true,
"auto-gpu" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-engine" : "1020-1090,960-1015,1100-1126,1000-1126",
"gpu-fan" : "90-100,90-100,60-100,70-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1250,1250,1250,1250",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0,0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "16,16,15,16",
"gpu-vddc" : "1.031,1.031,1.138,1.138",
"intensity" : "19,19,19,19",
"temp-target" : "75,75,70,71",
"temp-overheat" : "85,85,85,85",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,95,95,95",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "21696,21696,14144,14144"
legendary
That address is coming from a connected node in the WDC p2pool. Currently there are 5 nodes combing their local hash rates to make up the p2pool rate of almost 3 Mh/s.

http://wdc.xpool.net:8820/ is contributing about 600 Kh/s to that 3 Mh/s. It's working as it should. Smiley
Activity: 178
pool has something wrong ? 

http://wdc.xpool.net:8820/static/mainnodepayout.html   

Address                                                  Amount in WDC
WmzEh7Usdt26G7hBwR3WcNwEih45DQMqf6   26.8133492

but i cant find this address on http://wdc.xpool.net:8820/static/graphs.html?Week
legendary
To get the answers to all these minor detail implementation questions, I can look at the p2pool source right?  And isn't there a hard-fork coming up or has that already happened?

Yes. Also look at the official support thread here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1500-th-p2pool-decentralized-dos-resistant-hop-proof-pool-18313
Live support can be had on freenode #p2pool

The litecoin p2pool is 85% to the fork. It will fork once the network reaches 95%. We are running the latest version of p2pool and the client. The pool is also very well connected and is listed in the bootstrap address of the source.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Looks like you finally got some shares and are on the payout list Smiley

Yea, I noticed right after I made the "I give up" post.   Funny thing is: it's almost exactly the amout of time I had to wait last time -- about 24 hours -- before I started getting shares.  And looking at the payout list, I'd say I'm only one SD from the mean, so I'm not sure why that would be considered "dust." 

To get the answers to all these minor detail implementation questions, I can look at the p2pool source right?  And isn't there a hard-fork coming up or has that already happened?
Pages:
Jump to: