Author

Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED! - page 506. (Read 840324 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 250
New WEBSITE is up - she's a beauty!!

- - - - http://www.GetEarthCoin.com - - - -

Bounty paid - all three wallet finals are up (mac/pc/linux - device wallets are coming) - lot's of progress - I haven't pulled this many all-nighters since college Smiley zzzz

The site is looking very nice, but there are a bunch of improvements that can (and should) be made.

1) The very first sentence has a typo: "EarthCoin User a 365 Day Period"

2) The first cell on the page needs to be the prettiest and most attention grabbing. Currently it says a bunch of things on a poorly contrasting background about the block rewards. This is not what should go there.

There should be a very pretty and simplistic background with a nice big picture of the coin next to some words saying something along the lines of:
'Earthcoin revolutionises the way we make day to day transactions. Using fast, secure and purely digital transactions you can make transactions with anyone in the world without having to worry about banks and borders.'

The first cell needs to appeal to everyone, not just people that already know what crypto currencies are.

3) All the branding images take up a massive amount of space on the page and are useless to the average site viewer. These should all be moved to a separate page on the site, there is no need to put everything in one place.

Besides those things, it's looking great and you guys should be proud of a project going really well. Good luck!

I like the critique - thank you I'm actually going to go ahead and do most of this (typo's go without saying - sorry family I'm usually a typo/grammar nut - and there is a note there about all the marketing assets being .zipped and removed from there soon..) after I get some zzzz and today I celebrate my xmas so pardon my absence for part/most of the day.

Thank you guys/gals!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Bounty paid - all three wallet finals are up (mac/pc/linux - device wallets are coming) - lot's of progress - I haven't pulled this many all-nighters since college Smiley zzzz

The site is looking very nice, but there are a bunch of improvements that can (and should) be made.

1) The very first sentence has a typo: "EarthCoin User a 365 Day Period"

2) The first cell on the page needs to be the prettiest and most attention grabbing. Currently it says a bunch of things on a poorly contrasting background about the block rewards. This is not what should go there.

There should be a very pretty and simplistic background with a nice big picture of the coin next to some words saying something along the lines of:
'Earthcoin revolutionises the way we make day to day transactions. Using fast, secure and purely digital transactions you can make transactions with anyone in the world without having to worry about banks and borders.'

The first cell needs to appeal to everyone, not just people that already know what crypto currencies are.

3) All the branding images take up a massive amount of space on the page and are useless to the average site viewer. These should all be moved to a separate page on the site, there is no need to put everything in one place.

Besides those things, it's looking great and you guys should be proud of a project going really well. Good luck!
Activity: 14
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Activity: 42
Wow guys, those graphics are just gorgeous. I could see it being a sticker right there on the cash registers at Wally world... let's hope huh?

Anyhow, I have a 7850 card set up, and I felt like trying my luck at hitting a block, but I haven't had any luck setting up the scrypt-GUI miner to do so.  I've never done that before, only mined in pools. I tried following the directions posted, but I'm getting it wrong somehow. I've been pulling about 1k/day off the mining pools (same as others, estimates say it should be more), and would like to try solo for a day or two to see if i can get lucky.

If someone would be so kind as to walk me through that procedure, baby-step style, I would be very grateful.

Also interested in possibly trading for some EAC as well, is there any way to do that safely? where would I need to go?

And of course, accepting donations, hoping to build up enough of something so i can do a little more than trade 5 dollars worth of doge all day!  (Well, I DID turn it into 12 dollars worth of doge in 4 days, so not too bad, all things considered...)

EAC  egr1TQDYVh742qNwRDtcWURXTg921FqpAq

BTC  16kWLsTvdmJL8R7dw6RqqwsRboAK8e1Dfq

Ok here goes (assuming this is in windows):

- Set up your earthcoin wallet (download from original thread)
- Run it, then quit
- Find and open the earthcoin data directory (open start and in the searchbox type '%appdata/roaming% ' without the quotes, that should point you to the roaming directory where you should find an earthcoin directory, note that if you don't find it you most likely have system folders hidden enabled and you need to change that 1st)
- create a 'earthcoin.conf' file (without quotes) with notepad (watch that notepad does not name it 'earthcoin.conf.txt') and add the following lines in bold to it:
listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=**Yourusername**
rpcpassword=**Yourpassword**
rpcport=15678
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
addnode=77.244.7.167
addnode=188.194.13.44

- now replace the **Yourusername** and **Yourpassword** with your specifics (doesn't matter at all what it is, just as long as you call on exactly that when you start cgminer)
- save earthcoin.conf
- run earthcoin wallet and let it sync (update the blockchain, solo mining won't work if it is not updated)
- now find your cgminer directory (don't know how to do this for other miners so download cgminer if you don't have it)
- make a new batchfile with notepad and name it 'cgminersoloearth.bat' (or something like that) and again watch out that notepad does not add a .txt extension or it won't work
- edit the 'cgminersoloearth.bat'file and add the following bold lines
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o localhost:15678 -u **Yourusername** -p **Yourpassword** -o **Yourpoolurl**:**Yourpoolport** -u **Yourpoolusername** -p **Yourpoolpassword** --config cgminersoloearth.conf
pause

- replace **Yourusername** and **Yourpasswprd** with exactly what you chose earlier for the earthcoin.conf file
- replace **Yourpoolurl** and **Yourpoolport** with your pool information (check start post if you don't have a pool and have singed up, you need a worker configured on most pools or it will not work)
- replace **Yourpoolusername** and **Yourpoolpassword** with your earthcoin pool login info (note this step is so that you can take advantage of the longpoll function that the pool provides while solo mining, it prevents you from working on already solved blocks while solo mining and thereby wasting a lot of time and kh/s)
- save the cgminersoloearth.bat file in the cgminer.exe directory
- now make a 'cgminersoloearth.conf' file in the same directory (or edit if it already exists) and put any GPU tuning script lines in there - can't tell you what those are because it differs per card and personal setup but it should be things like thread_concurrency, vectors, intensity and about 50 other variables you can set to tune your kh/s performance - read the cgminer docs and google a lot)
- start earthcoin wallet if it is not already running and let it sync
- start the 'cgminersoloearth.bat' file from the cgminer directory
- you will see cgminer load with and after a few seconds show you the 'normal' screen with kh/s per card, accepted and rejected shares and all that other stuff
- likely a couple of lines above that it will say something like 'connected to localhost diff XXX (whatever number) with LP (means longpoll, if it says without LP check back after a few minutes) as user **Yourusername**

Succes, this means you are mining solo succesfully!

Now for the nasty part, you will not see much else for hours most likely, except your kh/s slightly changing every few seconds.

Accepted, Rejected values per GPU wiil stay 0 for a long time since you don't submit shares like when mining on a pool.
Only when you actually solve a block you will see a message like 'Solved blablabla BLOCK' and your values will change.
Most other times you will see either 'Network diff set to X (any number)' or 'Stratum from pool 1 detected new block' or 'Block change for localhost:15678 detection via **Yourpoolurl** stratum' (that last one to notice you that the block you are solo solving at that moment has been solved already and your miner should move on and stop wasting time)

That's about it. Hope I didn't f-up, checked it twice but there might be an error in here, point it out and I'll correct it.

Sorry for the horrible formatting, don't do these forum things very often Smiley

If this works and helps feel free to tip me for a beer Smiley
@coinfingers
eo97FjVZkx5SwFDTnYfFssPjG59q85PEPu
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hm
What is the current price?
Activity: 11
Very nice,I like this coin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
0,25 billion premine  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I'm mining on http://eac.eu.hackshardgaming.net/ and got somewhat around 600 EAC yesterday. Today I woke up and found out there is no coin left in my account. In my wallet I also find nothing there. Do you guys know what happen?

Yeah, it seems they moved some accounts to their EU server and lost coins on the way. I contacted them as well but no reply so far.
Great way to gain the trust of people...
Activity: 42
Go to cryptsy's feature request forum at https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/46049 and hit "like this idea"

COME ON GUYS, WE CAN DO IT!!!
Maybe it is better to wait for few more days, let the time for dev to set up a proper blockchain explorer, 1 or 2 more tools (I would like to make some Firefox extension for EAC, but will be back home only after new years eve Sad) before rushing exchange.
Activity: 112
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Go to cryptsy's feature request forum at https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/46049 and hit "like this idea"

COME ON GUYS, WE CAN DO IT!!!
Activity: 91
Wow guys, those graphics are just gorgeous. I could see it being a sticker right there on the cash registers at Wally world... let's hope huh?

Anyhow, I have a 7850 card set up, and I felt like trying my luck at hitting a block, but I haven't had any luck setting up the scrypt-GUI miner to do so.  I've never done that before, only mined in pools. I tried following the directions posted, but I'm getting it wrong somehow. I've been pulling about 1k/day off the mining pools (same as others, estimates say it should be more), and would like to try solo for a day or two to see if i can get lucky.

If someone would be so kind as to walk me through that procedure, baby-step style, I would be very grateful.

Also interested in possibly trading for some EAC as well, is there any way to do that safely? where would I need to go?

And of course, accepting donations, hoping to build up enough of something so i can do a little more than trade 5 dollars worth of doge all day!  (Well, I DID turn it into 12 dollars worth of doge in 4 days, so not too bad, all things considered...)

EAC  egr1TQDYVh742qNwRDtcWURXTg921FqpAq

BTC  16kWLsTvdmJL8R7dw6RqqwsRboAK8e1Dfq

^ Good peoples - you'll get something from me for helping too.
Activity: 304
Merit: 252
CLAM Dev
Still getting this error.

2 LTC bounty if someone can help me solve this.

2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [Protocol,4,213.153.156.208] Submitting Block with Submit Block
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Submit Block call failed, trying GetBlockTemplate
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Hit Block_template.py
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] hit template registry
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Unhandled error in Deferred:
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Unhandled Error
   Traceback (most recent call last):
   Failure: twisted.web.error.Error: 500 Internal Server Error

Same here, not sure what the problem is

I've been trying ot give him a hand with the issue. Haven't got too far yet as I'm troublshooting without a copy to test fixes on but I suggested a few things to start off.

First in stratum-mining / lib / bitcoin_rpc.py    between line 49 and 50 add the line

log.exception("Problem Submitting block with submitblock %s" % str(e))

That should give a better description of the error

I was waiting to hear back from him if the issue is intermittent or constant and if he can successfully manually submit a block.

If its intermittent a work around could be to run the submitblock thought a loop to try a few times before failing.  

I have to go to sleep now as its quite late here but tomorrow (for me) if this hasn't been fixed I'll set up a test environment so I can reproduce the error which will make it much easier for me to track down.

EDIT:  I spelled log.exception wrong, re-edited with proper spelling
Still getting this error.

2 LTC bounty if someone can help me solve this.

2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [Protocol,4,213.153.156.208] Submitting Block with Submit Block
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Submit Block call failed, trying GetBlockTemplate
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Hit Block_template.py
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] hit template registry
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Unhandled error in Deferred:
2013-12-24 17:23:54+1030 [HTTPPageGetter,client] Unhandled Error
   Traceback (most recent call last):
   Failure: twisted.web.error.Error: 500 Internal Server Error

Same here, not sure what the problem is

It's a shame pool owners won't help each other more re a fix/patch. I wish I knew more but if you guys have a starting point to compare to what's working and what's not and why - you should work together for the longevity of your networking on this and future coins and who knows where/what other projects you guys might do in the future. Please try to work together guys.

Would it be untraditional of me to say something like "I'll put up 100,000eac for a pool owner(s) to help solve whatever problems other pool owners may have" or would that simply be super counter productive and everyone would rather remain competitive and cut throat? It's doing us no good if there are pools monopolizing or having unfair advantage - If 100K isn't enough you tell me what is if you have the sercrets/patches/fixes for all pools to be running as they should. Is it just different mining setups/configurations/providers of rigs/?Huh What are the huge differentiating factors between all you guys? Thought it was rather easy/uniformed and standardized but I guess not.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Quick update again:

1. We aren't feeling the .biz, at all, so we went on a little hunt and just registered GetEarthCoin.com - From now on this will be the brand/marketing/link you guys will give everyone and post when promoting. The .biz we'll simply leave as is (both basically point to the same place) but download files will remain behind the .biz. We literally just registered so give it time to forward properly before starting to give out the link.

This will be reflected by a new design for the front end of the site shortly as well (basically redid the site - new one looks great!).

2. Here are some banners for everyone to use as we start our merchant recruitment and further adoption (and exchange talks Wink).

| 

Thank you and goodnight!

great concept . nice going
Activity: 308
wow thats beautiful  Cheesy

I really like the old school map in the background and the colours!
Jump to: