Author

Topic: [ANN][EAC] EarthCoin *SEEKING NEW EXCHANGES - HUGE VOLUMES BEING MISSED! - page 541. (Read 840324 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
where to sell Earthcoins ?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
WTS 1000 EAC for 0.09 BTC

PM me if interesed
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Something is obviously wrong with difficulty or code. Even big hash pools rarely find blocks.
And. 2% premine??? IF you want to ANN premined coin then at least be very specific for what are premined coins used for!
2% is premine is HUGE! Honestly, Coin name and pictures are beautiful, but this launch is big failure.  
Activity: 140
90% of being smart is knowing what you are dumb at
I figure, mine for 2 or 3 days, get in on the easy riches and then go back to other coins while the market figures itself out.  I converted the 2 blocks of Dogecoin I solo mined into 40LTC by using the above method... on my setup 40LTC would have cost me 1 month of pool mining so I figure I'm ahead of the game but by no means rich.  

I try to flip 50-80% of the coins I get early and save the rest incase they grow legs... don't want to throw away thousands of the next Litecoin (for whatever coin claims that title)
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
WTS 9,000 EAC!
0.09BTC per 1000 EAC.
0.8BTC for 8k EAC.

PM ME
Activity: 98
so many

I do have 1 question though since I'm a noob to mining... Could the devs have kept the 2% a secret if there intention was a pump and dump or is it easy to find out how many coins have already been mined?

-Flasheart

im no expert but im pretty sure you can see all the mined coins including premine on a block explorer which all coins needs. so if there is large chunks premined or instamined, yes people can find out about it. that's why they just go ahead and announce it so it doesn't look as shady.

---

you can launch a coin without a premine, or with, that's a decision for devs to make.

look at it this way, if some heavy hitting miners dev a coin with no premine but then instamine it on release with 700  MH/s is there a difference?

the only difference is you don't know about it, and its definitely getting dumped come exchange time.

same goes for any1 mining a coin after the first couple weeks. compared to early miners your making nothing, is there anything wrong with that? people still seem to be mining plenty of coins @ .001% of a block / day. one must realise that early on people were getting much much more and got rich or sold early. doesn't seem to affect the viability of the coin as a currency.

on every released coin that makes it to exchange, until this market dies, a handful of people are gona get rich. it probly wont be you. deal with it. try to scrape out your small share of the profits and be happy.

If I were a DEV I see premine as an insurance policy.  2% is much especially if they don't use it as described... that said, if the coin ends up not being mined, used, etc... it will have little value and die before it gets off the ground, i.e. failed coin... at that point the devs prolly dump their remaining coins...
-Flasheart

Oh yeah i would love to have some Insurance too, so before i point my rigs to it i want some million coins too. So if it fails i would not have used up hardware and paid electricity for nothing because i can just dump the coins.

Also.. at that point the devs prolly dump their remaining coins... wich means everyone who did mine gets duped because it will inflate more.

No thanks.
If I were a DEV I see premine as an insurance policy.  2% is much especially if they don't use it as described... that said, if the coin ends up not being mined, used, etc... it will have little value and die before it gets off the ground, i.e. failed coin... at that point the devs prolly dump their remaining coins... If however we do get acceptance the DEVs would be best served playing the long game.  Using the premined coins as they described for promotions, development, upkeep, etc... Assuming they use 1% for these purposes and cash in their other 1% over say 2 years they will be much better off then just a quick pump and dump.

Greed can be good... but the community holds as much responsibility as the devs to decide if this coin has a chance to be successful...

I do have 1 question though since I'm a noob to mining... Could the devs have kept the 2% a secret if there intention was a pump and dump or is it easy to find out how many coins have already been mined?

-Flasheart
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I don't understand why everyone is losing their @^$@% over the premine.

by my calculations over 14 million coins will be produced / day on average.

for the devs to stash away 2 weeks worth of coins will not be a lot in the long run. in 1 year they will have less than 5% of the total currency in circulation, that's if they kept all the coins. assuming they distribute some significant rewards in the meantime for developing the project, this all seems quite reasonable to me.

while it is a lot and will hold back the value early due to half the coins in circulation being controlled by devs at exchange listing time, none of this means the coin cannot be successful.

eventually once all this ridiculousness ends, coins with marketable names will be the strongest ones.

not saying the devs aren't just going to dump on the market if/when it gets listed, I know I would, but if you look at the math sometimes people are going a little overboard with the premine talk. you would have to premine at least 100 million coins to start with if your coin produces 14 million a day on average otherwise you will have too little to fund development down the road.

id say 250/270 million premine or whatever it is isn't completely outside of the reasonable box.

+1
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
Yay! Another premined scamcoin!
Activity: 126
all blocks are premined  Cool
Activity: 238
this coin is unminable..  12 hours with 500 kh/s and no fucking block, seriously?
Activity: 98
so many
I don't understand why everyone is losing their @^$@% over the premine.

by my calculations over 14 million coins will be produced / day on average.

for the devs to stash away 2 weeks worth of coins will not be a lot in the long run. in 1 year they will have less than 5% of the total currency in circulation, that's if they kept all the coins. assuming they distribute some significant rewards in the meantime for developing the project, this all seems quite reasonable to me.

while it is a lot and will hold back the value early due to half the coins in circulation being controlled by devs at exchange listing time, none of this means the coin cannot be successful.

eventually once all this ridiculousness ends, coins with marketable names will be the strongest ones.

not saying the devs aren't just going to dump on the market if/when it gets listed, I know I would, but if you look at the math sometimes people are going a little overboard with the premine talk. you would have to premine at least 100 million coins to start with if your coin produces 14 million a day on average otherwise you will have too little to fund development down the road.

id say 250/270 million premine or whatever it is isn't completely outside of the reasonable box.
There seems to be something wrong with either this coin or scryptmining.net server.

If you look at the last blocks found ...they are ALL a) in red, indicating higher than 100% b) on average 1000-1500% !!!

That is insane. Other pools seem to also have mostly red statistics on block %, with very little green to be found.

Anyone care to clear this up?

I'm a bit new to mining, only 2 weeks but I maintain 4Mh so that's respectable for a small timer...  That said I learned with DOGECOIN not to join pools early on... too much red, to many bugs, DDOS, etc...  The first few hours are worth the most on a new coin if you decide to mine.  That said, my 4Mh has solo mined 8 blocks, so I'm 400k into the black for what that's worth.

Not saying pools are scams, but my math was a bit fuzzy on them... as for established coins.. i.e. Litecoins, I always use a big pool.

Just my 0.02
Activity: 182
Earthcoin - the plan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
EarthCoin is a good name. Logo looks great. The developer/promoter has a good marketing and a big following. All good points. I want to believe the good intentions, but the pump/promote business cryptoboomer is does not sit well with the 2% premine. That will be over 60% - 70% of all supply by the time it hits an exchange. A bit hard for me to get over that.

I would like to petition the devs to destroy 70% - 80% of the premined coins. That would prove their intentions without a doubt to me. Please join me in that.

With no original (technology/ feature wise) ideas in all those coins, the name, logo, community, general appeal and marketing is all the differentiation we get.

And EarthCoin has a great chance to excel in all of those. Devs, please let's not destroy the community and the chance the coin have and prove your intentions with your actions.

I do not want them to destroy the coins... that is a waste of resources... instead offer 10,000,000 coins to someone to develop a working iphone app, another 10,000,000 for an android app, 100,000,000 for a team to put together a working e-wallet, etc and etc... put those coins to use now and by the time EAC hits the exchange, the coin can be a real and usable currency.

I also feel like this would be an excellent way to use the pre-mined coins and also to show people that those coins are there for good reason.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
what is this? how did this internet explorer coin get 40 pages so quickly? i see nothing special here - except for a viable name (since worldcoin is taken)

Imho it is crowd psychology of the newcomers that flew into altcoin world last few days-weeks + recent booms of alts. People learned that despite of what coin represents itself it can easy jump in price when masses come into it. Dogecoin is a purest example of that and I think that doge dev created it just for test this theory and he and many people from this forum that noticed his intentions are more reacher right now thanks to money of new "fishes" (sorry for name) in the sea that swallowed the hook.
Activity: 84
mining 7 hours @ 35 khahs/s
only got 178 coins
its day 2
this is not working

You like wasting electricity?
yes, a lot...

If he consciously uses his electricity for any purpose he decides it is not wasting, it's using with purpose he wants. meet whim :]

well i don't have an AMD, just an old nvidia and i'm very new to crypto currency
i mined a few scrypt coins and was on Doge start, and i made around 28000 Doges, not runing
24/7, so it was cool to start to understand this new thing for me.
i was thinking that if i start mining at day one on a new coin, even with my crappy gpu, i will receive
1000 or 2000 coins. much sad not wow
i don't like wasting electricity, i waited for the launch, european time, then go sleeping
i wake up, and i have 178 coins....lol wtf...
new gpu is comming in january, to have at least 300 khash/s and start playing this game a little more
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
what is this? how did this internet explorer coin get 40 pages so quickly? i see nothing special here - except for a viable name (since worldcoin is taken)
Jump to: