Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EDU] EduCoin | Blockchain Platform for Education - page 22. (Read 170106 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
Adatrader, thank you for sharing this point:

Starting with a transparent roadmap, irc for community discussions, and a website for polls to quickly gauge the community's opinions.

In regards to a transparent roadmap, I hoped the roadmap would be self-evident in the publicly available actions and statements on record (in bitcointalks updates, cryptocoinsnews, and press releases).  Everyone contributing to the discussion here is involved in that transparent roadmap, however, for clarity I agree we could document that in either a 1-page sheet or a post. I will work on that shortly.

As developer, I do not plan to be a separate entity from those of you who comment and provide suggestions. The decision path for EDU requires input, and such words like "they" are unecessary when contrasting your point of view with mine--for example. We are all developers, especially those who can bring solutions to current and future projects. Let's just be sure to understand there is a wide difference between developer discussion and actual development.  We are in a developer discussion phase at the moment.

In regards to IRC, if anyone wants to arrange a freenode IRC that's great. We currently use Slack, it is composed of the founding developers, two or three teachers (in their own channel), and a few others.  I would love to see more people join in on the general chat. Ask for an invite by emailing [email protected]

PS. Thanks to everyone for the Mintpal voting. Ideally we re-launch before getting listed on Mintpal and then things from there should get exciting.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0

I was under the impression that FUncertaintyD is the altcoin motto. I agree that there needs to be more resources to get the community involved though. Starting with a transparent roadmap, irc for community discussions, and a website for polls to quickly gauge the community's opinions. I appreciate the votes on mp as I have done a fair amount as well!  Smiley

One thing I do not agree with is your repeated discussions regarding pairing with ltc and doge. Those are altcoins themselves that demolish the floor price for a BTC pairing. If you wish the community to support your ability to dump Educoin into the ground, I doubt they will agree. This has been an insane couple months in the altcoin market and the dev has stuck around and is constantly working to promote Educoin. In all honesty, I have seen altcoins with far less developments get pushed to absurdly high prices and I believe the branding and development behind Educoin will get us to a stable btc price. Please hold tight and wait for appropriate levels, as you will regret it later. For the time being, I will buy all of your holdings for Doge if you would like to deal with an escrow service.

Mutually beneficial as you wish to cash out and I would like to accumulate more Edu.  Wink

Hello Adatrader!

Well the problem is that all altcoins are just used as an investment or gambling product at the moment, to have less uncertainty there must be adoption. I'm aiming on a project myself where I want to use Educoins, so i'm interested in finding ways to use it.

I can't offer you any of my Educoins because I want to keep them and I insist into a ltc and doge pairing for two reasons: I would like to purchase some more (I started mining to late) and I think 1 BTC (Satoshi) is to expensive (I don't want to encourage people dumping the coins at that price). There are 6'177'251'170 Coins waiting to be sold/dumped in CryptoAltex.

If we want people to use it there must be liquidity. That is my point and I think short term miners would also be good for get everything in motion. This line in in coinmarketcap isn't a good business card for EDU:

98    EduCoin   $ 435,490   $ 0.000006   76,159,202,606 EDU   $ 0   +10.13 %

The price is fake, because there is no trade at all.

If the community agrees that they not want a DOGE or LTC pairing i'm ok with that. But I want to have some transparency on the process by the developers. I have invested quite a bit of money into it and I feel there is no way we can get involved into the decision process.

They could say tomorrow we make EDUCoin 2.0 and all the existing coins will just be converted in a ration of 1:10 and we would need to accept it.

I opened an account on coin-swap to buy some EDU and then 2-3 days later the developers closed it down. Sometimes I feel they are wasting my time, that is all.

At the moment I'm waiting to have a roadmap from the developers. If I'm not happy with their plans I may come back to accept your offer.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Gambel
Activity: 140
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Anyone else ever notice the other educoin?

http://educoin.co/

edumoto just resonded to that a page back Cheesy
Activity: 42

What happened to the Block Explorer? It's stuck for 2 days already...
Activity: 154
EduCoin [EDU] is now on Europex : https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/edu
Only 0.12% exchange fee
Only 0.00002 BTC fee for instant BTC withdraw
legendary
Kaspa
Appreciate the comments, this forum is more active than ever.

@all: After a month of achievements for adoption, this week's discussion has centered around re-developing EDU's core. Cornelius and I agree with re-developing EDU from 1.0.1 directly to a 2.0 version.  While we are re-examining Proof of Stake as a possible direction, I want this community to know that my intent is to change to X11 (e.g. Darkcoin) in the near future.

Building a developers group is the main effort: As of yet, no one has signed up for the developers group, and so I want everyone to know that it will take time to transition from discussion to action. As lead developer, I cannot snap my fingers and make things happen by myself, nor is it my desire to serve the EDU community that way. I am looking to select a team that understands the EDU purpose and is committed to it long term. I am not going to invite people who bring obvious personal agendas which have more to do with affecting market price.

The student hackers who received EduCoin as winners of the hackathons we sponsored are most welcome to join.

The current agenda is as follows:
- We are focused on discussing the re-design of EDU, much more than voting
- We are building a developers group of experienced people who can help us re-build EDU
- Adoption efforts continue, and you can easily participate or create your own efforts through Reddit
- Getting listed on an exchange will happen by itself after the re-launch. But right now, let's not rush to our own deaths by pushing this

@fonzerrellie, as you can see Bittrex has not added EDU for next week's consideration. Exchanges often listen and do something entirely different.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, let's not continue pursuing them (nothing personal, just the timing is not right). There are bigger things we need to do, like getting the EDU developers group running.

@gambel: Getting liquidity with a DOGE or LTC pairing is not in this community's interest. If EDU 2.0 were launched today, I would disagree even further. For any coin to reach a stable floor price, Bitcoin is the gold standard. DOGE and LTC are altcoin derivatives which should come later.

@envist / @piggyj: Educoin.co is a private interest launched as a "virtual currency" by a group of students in Munich in 2013.  They are not affiliated or related to EduCoin, the open source cryptocurrency. Educoin.co appears to have been an idea contest project and their technology does not utilize Bitcoin. If anyone does decide to contact them, instead of asking them to change their name it would be more appropriate for them to actually begin using EduCoin's tech as their own.  That would help both their organization and the EDU digital currency mutually.

legendary
Kaspa
It doesn't look like a cryptocurrency. Maybe you could contact them to use EduCoin as their virtual currency.

interesting, you may be right... it may be an opportunity Wink

and I originally thought that too, but theres a lot of movement in the markets right now, with drk and such so I think the best option is btc for now if drk stablizes above ltc then a drk-edu would be awesome.   lol I'll buy a shwack load on bittrex when they add us Cheesy
@fonzerrellie: Why you keep requesting EDU-BTC pairing? There will be no volume. That would not be interesting for EDUCoin. We should have a DOGE or LTC pairing to get the ball rolling.
It doesn't look like a cryptocurrency. Maybe you could contact them to use EduCoin as their virtual currency.
legendary
Kaspa

Wow Crazy.... I just emailed them to ask whats up? and asked if they haven't launched yet to change their nae before hand unless they just want to further confuse crypto land and look like straight up newbs that don't know how to use google before they named their coin. lol (I put it nicely)
 and that their help and ideas would be more than welcome here.

and I just wrote bill at bittrex to remind him that we'd need it to be a EDU-BTC market, as well as another letter to the vault of satoshi Smiley
Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Activity: 29
legendary
Kaspa
So I came home from work tonight to find this little gem sitting in my email Cheesy Cheesy

Bill (Bittrex)

May 22 23:37

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your support. I'm a huge supporter of education in my free time so this coin certainly hits home. I'll add it to our launch candidate list next week. We're already packed with coin launches this weekend but I'll see if we can slip this in.

Thanks,
bill
Activity: 4
We pass Pesetacoin on Mintpal!!! Roll Eyes

Keep voting guys!  We're rank 35 - now go after LEAF

=====  REMEMBER =========

"my fellow Coinmates: ask not what your EDUcoin can do for you—ask what you can do for your EDUcoin."

I vote 4 to 6 times a day!! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
Like this concept!

Adatrader thank you for the detailed proposal. I just want the community to know that we are reading all of your comments carefully and so far there are excellent points being made.  Keep them coming!

-Edumoto
Pages:
Jump to: