Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 449. (Read 1076366 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Ok I miss the scenes for a few days.
I was one of the first who mined EMC2 on the first day to support the coin and I like this coin too. I mine a few days with my 20Mhs rigs and get barely 50k EMC2. And I refuse to sell at 1000 satoshis because I have faith in this coin. Now the price drops to 300 satoshis?

Well as early adopters I feel like I was raped.  Grin

Anyway very nice coin with good idea, but scrypt is too bad. In next 3 to 6 months we are all raped by scrypt ASICs. Consider hardfork your coin while it is still new to adapt N-scrypt or scrypt-jane, otherwise we will lose.

+1

Yes! I second that motion. As an early adopter and miner of Einstein I am all for forking the coin and adoptin Vert / N-scrypt technology.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Ok I miss the scenes for a few days.
I was one of the first who mined EMC2 on the first day to support the coin and I like this coin too. I mine a few days with my 20Mhs rigs and get barely 50k EMC2. And I refuse to sell at 1000 satoshis because I have faith in this coin. Now the price drops to 300 satoshis?

Well as early adopters I feel like I was raped.  Grin

Anyway very nice coin with good idea, but scrypt is too bad. In next 3 to 6 months we are all raped by scrypt ASICs. Consider hardfork your coin while it is still new to adapt N-scrypt or scrypt-jane, otherwise we will lose.
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Meanwhile at coinmarket...

It pleases that capitalization slowly growing up
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
so how is the donation/award process be handled?

Once the cause is selected, how are the winners approached and what about the PR behind this?

Good concept to donate to worthy causes and props to the team for being transparent with the bios...
Activity: 154

http://emc2.lifeforce.info

System: Prop Stratum VarDiff
Pay Interval: Every 5 Minutes (for confirmed blocks)
Fee: 0%
Current Pool Hashrate: ~60MH/s
Current Pool Workers: 50

EDIT: We will be offering another block reward bonus in a few hours. A bonus that pays everyone who contributes to the block not just the block finder. If you already with us, prepare to get some more free EMC2 in your payouts, if you still havent signed up, you're missing out on free EMC2 handouts. To confirm that we're actually paying you, everyone will see 'bonus' transactions in their accounts. Enjoy.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Activity: 536
Merit: 252

I'll work on an accepted here logo.  I have no skills with this, and it may take me some time.  

Thanks Timespace.

Its going to be viewed by thousands of people. Kreative and I came up with the idea of getting the celebrities that will appear there to autograph the sign/banner and then we can list if for sale on ebay with the proceeds going to the foundation. Here is a link to the clebes that will be in attendance.

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-louisville.html

If anyone else here wants to make their own Einsteinum accecpted here sign please encouraged to showcase your skills and help our team.

Thanks again.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I don't think pump and dumps will ever fully by stopped.  It happens with gold, real physical gold. The only way to "avoid" it is to not play their game.  Don't listen to the shouts that it is dying, that it is a rocket ship, that it is going to rise a million bucks overnight, or that you are going to be bag holding.  Just get what you can.  Use what you can afford.  Support it however you want. Emc2 is solid. If cryptos are successful in the future, guess what? You just did yourself a favor because you are already in the game. Success is not having to convert to fiat.  It just means you can pay your bills, buy your food, and live your life with it.

If I had only thought so back when I started trading btc  Cheesy
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I agree with Cobra on this. We have toyed around with the idea, in time with increased per coin value the 2.5% will in my opinion be enough to support our donation goals. I'm just praying we don't get unnatural growth as our current per coin price could easily be the next pump and dump as this currency is totally undervalued.

Money is nice but everyone be careful of feeding the sharks there will only ever be 299 mil coins and at these prices it would be a prime p&d target. Just let's use our heads when selling.

Allways keep eye on Emc2 thread, sometime dont shutoff my pc and stay online more than 3 days. Here may read very interesting opinions.
Really do not want to dump and pump, emc2 worth more.
And somebody even knows how to stop the process of the pump and dump (if possible)? Huh write opinions about this, dont be shy  Wink

I don't think pump and dumps will ever fully by stopped.  It happens with gold, real physical gold. The only way to "avoid" it is to not play their game.  Don't listen to the shouts that it is dying, that it is a rocket ship, that it is going to rise a million bucks overnight, or that you are going to be bag holding.  Just get what you can.  Use what you can afford.  Support it however you want. Emc2 is solid. If cryptos are successful in the future, guess what? You just did yourself a favor because you are already in the game. Success is not having to convert to fiat.  It just means you can pay your bills, buy your food, and live your life with it.
I agree.  When they decide to pump it, the first thing they will do is push the price down as much as they can.  The price is already so low though.  The volume is also low.  They may wait until the coin gets a little more steam, higher volume, then use their magically delicious pump and dump maneuvers. You can't trust anyone when it comes to predicting these things though.  They will take your money!  Just mine and buy what you can afford and HODL!  If you try to ride the market, you run the risk of wiping out.  Leave that risk to the magicians IMO.

It's also my opinion that the infrastructure of the entire crypto world is going to change the game more than any one coin.  The people behind the scenes are doing amazing things, and they are taking attacks from every angle.  When they are successful, Emc2 is also wildly successful.  That infrastructure makes it easy and faster to gain momentum with a new coin.  At some point, maybe it is already happening, the community will hit a tipping point where acceptance of crap will disappear.  Emc2 is in a great place.  Why? Because it is already being accepted into the new infrastructure. Give it some time, and you will see great things.  This is truly the "build it and they will come" phase.

I'll work on an accepted here logo.  I have no skills with this, and it may take me some time.  
Activity: 7
The reasonable way to rise more funds for the fundation, without rising the mining percentage, would be to set up an official EMC2 mining pool with fixed fee. If miners would like to donate more, they could mine at this pool and moreover if someone would feel more generous, he/she would be able to set laso a donation from mining in addition to the fee. I think it's the simplest way.

Sounds good to me but miners at that pool would always feel like getting less coins per hash/s than miners at conventional pools (they WOULD actually get less). If it would be a fixed higher percentage for everyone it wouldn't really make you feel like getting less of the cake. Aurora is 50% premined. Thats huge and still accepted by the miners. Even though nobody really needs a country specific coin at all in my opinion.

Lets assume the emc2 is 1000 times as much as right now as we get to epoch 17, so according to coinmarketcap.com it would be 1.7 $. Lets do some simple math with it:
32 coins per block
36k blocks per epoch

that makes 39168 $ per 25 days for the foundation. If that's enough or not I can't decide  Grin

I agree with Cobra on this. We have toyed around with the idea, in time with increased per coin value the 2.5% will in my opinion be enough to support our donation goals. I'm just praying we don't get unnatural growth as our current per coin price could easily be the next pump and dump as this currency is totally undervalued.

Money is nice but everyone be careful of feeding the sharks there will only ever be 299 mil coins and at these prices it would be a prime p&d target. Just let's use our heads when selling.

Allways keep eye on Emc2 thread, sometime dont shutoff my pc and stay online more than 3 days. Here may read very interesting opinions.
Really do not want to dump and pump, emc2 worth more.
And somebody even knows how to stop the process of the pump and dump (if possible)? Huh write opinions about this, dont be shy  Wink
Activity: 112
Merit: 11

I am buying and mining it myself, I am not a shark, and primarily interested in the value of this coin long term.  I am pretty dedicated to the foundations goals, and making sure we end up meeting them. A little economic self interest to help a fund science though is not a bad thing. Wink I consider what I am buying as an investment into the work we will be doing for the foundation.

I see pump and dump as destructive, it will hurt our mission, but the point is I will be keeping an eye out even if I am a small economic force.
Activity: 196

Activity: 289
Merit: 250
I was wondering about something else. I think there is no real connection between the user and the foundation. Of course there is one in the end because the number of users makes the price of the coin but it's not very visible. Not sure the following is even possible from the programming site but why not take some small amount from every transaction like 0.1 or 0.01%? It would not only make the users feel more like contributing as well but also make the big pump and dumpers think twice about their acting.
Another thing is the 2%. Why not more than 2% of the mined coins? Like 5 or even 10%. I don't think it would really affect the miners in the end since the value of the coin would go up. It would be much more help for projects and really underline the coins attitude. And if the value is too high at some point for only one project one could split these 5 or 10% to fund more than one project at a time.

@Einsteinium
will send you pm later

ps.: almost at 100 pages in this thread  Smiley

edit: not sure the big pump and dumpers are a valid argument actually

I haven't done the math on it, but I think having a higher percentage now would boost the price some, but in the long run it will reduce the price. Why? Because ten percent is a lot, and the incentive to increase the price will diminish if people know the charity is already getting such a large portion. Changing the donation amount just to boost the amount donated is a little fishy. I think it should stay 2%. That way it is common ground for miners. They understand donating up to a couple percent to a pool, but not 5 or ten percent. I think that mindset is sound. It will be better to make 2% of the mined coins worth more than to increase that percentage. And that 2% is only the amount that is automatically taken. People can donate more if they so choose. Maybe a pool can set this up automatically for very generous Einsteinamites!

Edit: It's actually 2.5% taken automatically. Can't forget about that .5% in marketing money!

I agree with the existing 2.5%. Just my opinion but if it was a forced 10% I would not mine it. Why?.... I want to be able to donate emc2 to the science projects that I want or see value in without being only controlled by the voting process. 2.5% is so small that people don't think anything of it, it adds up though.  I like what praxiscat mentioned in using the "kickstarter model" for the other nominees that did not win that round of voting. It does sound like a lot of webdev work to make something like that possible though.
Activity: 15
The reasonable way to rise more funds for the fundation, without rising the mining percentage, would be to set up an official EMC2 mining pool with fixed fee. If miners would like to donate more, they could mine at this pool and moreover if someone would feel more generous, he/she would be able to set laso a donation from mining in addition to the fee. I think it's the simplest way.
Activity: 196
One more thing to think about.  Moolah has noticed Emc2.  This will pay off big time in the near future if Emc2 can easily be added to any merchant.  This will make it easy to approach all those science supply stores, kids science stores, etc. and say hey accept Emc2 as a form of payment.  It would be awesome to see something like shopdoge.com for emc2.   

Soooo happy right now people are starting to see just how huge this moolah deal was, thankfully Alex and company saw the potential for us. Thank you to everyone for supporting us. Keep spreading the word, on the marketing end we are working on coordinating the donation and media for maximum exposure.

I'm going to be getting as many pictures with people at comicon, my dream would be myself and Marvel comics creator, Stan Lee holding up an Einsteinium poster.

Please if anyone has the time I would like to have an "Einsteinium accepted here" image I could use for comicon. I could ask the other devs but I really would like the crypto community to come up with one. I think it would be very nice for our supporters to have a selected image on public display. No promises on Stan Lee, but I AM an acquaintance of Ivy Doomkitty and she's very open to this sort of thing. Google her if you're not familiar....I'm a fan Smiley

So show me your art skills, keep mining, finish the thunderclap and drive on. We have been here for nearly three weeks working our proverbial butts off. Einsteinium isn't going anywhere and yes we are sometimes surprised by the lower interest given the amount of scam coins that seem to garner more interest, however as time goes on and we are still here pushing science and crypto the world will pour in.
I was wondering about something else. I think there is no real connection between the user and the foundation. Of course there is one in the end because the number of users makes the price of the coin but it's not very visible. Not sure the following is even possible from the programming site but why not take some small amount from every transaction like 0.1 or 0.01%? It would not only make the users feel more like contributing as well but also make the big pump and dumpers think twice about their acting.
Another thing is the 2%. Why not more than 2% of the mined coins? Like 5 or even 10%. I don't think it would really affect the miners in the end since the value of the coin would go up. It would be much more help for projects and really underline the coins attitude. And if the value is too high at some point for only one project one could split these 5 or 10% to fund more than one project at a time.

@Einsteinium
will send you pm later

ps.: almost at 100 pages in this thread  Smiley

edit: not sure the big pump and dumpers are a valid argument actually

I haven't done the math on it, but I think having a higher percentage now would boost the price some, but in the long run it will reduce the price. Why? Because ten percent is a lot, and the incentive to increase the price will diminish if people know the charity is already getting such a large portion. Changing the donation amount just to boost the amount donated is a little fishy. I think it should stay 2%. That way it is common ground for miners. They understand donating up to a couple percent to a pool, but not 5 or ten percent. I think that mindset is sound. It will be better to make 2% of the mined coins worth more than to increase that percentage. And that 2% is only the amount that is automatically taken. People can donate more if they so choose. Maybe a pool can set this up automatically for very generous Einsteinamites!

Edit: It's actually 2.5% taken automatically. Can't forget about that .5% in marketing money!
Activity: 168
I though that  the value  of Einstenium coin would be higher than this at least 1$ but it's so low.

I think the value of Einsteinium is where it should be this early in the game. I too wish it was higher but I know this kind of thing takes time. As for getting to 1$, I think we can get there. Once people start using the coin to buy real world things or pay for real world admissions then the price will surely rise.

Just HODL tight for the long haul and you'll be happy you did.

I will keep buy more of them
Jump to: