Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 486. (Read 1076366 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I am now in the p2p pool with my epic new address:
EMC2am3SCqr6XiAj1fKqe8bR84xz7W2JHa
Activity: 84
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
and question - i mine now at hashrapid, but which pool you guys recommendet to me?

Try the p2p pool.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool
Steady and fast Payouts
Heavy Load approved
Straum+VDiff
Fast US and EU Connections

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
and question - i mine now at hashrapid, but which pool you guys recommendet to me?
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
how is this coin not blowing up?

Patience. To many hypecoins, it is time we get one with a nice slow buildup. Honestly, I want this community to grow more so then anything else, it is an awesome coin that deserves a great community.

I too wanna EMC2 not blow up soon and give 1000%+ profit, many coin have that destiny and they now in ruins. Will be simple awesome, if everything moves in a natural way, with the advent of community interest. EMC2 brings real benefits
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Please, can you explain how to configure my cgminer to mine at p2p server? Thanks a lot!

username = your EMC2 walletadress
Password = anything

Code:
-o stratum+tcp://einsteinium-eu.cloudapp.net:41876 -u ETD1Y65EaBbhRPRfhKGFNcimSYFvSkcYys -p x
legendary
I had a job interview (for software tester) just now and when they asked about my hobbies I also said 'cryptocurrency'.
You know what the boss said?

him: "Really, like.. what coins do you have?"
me: "I currently hold Einsteinium, a.k.a. EMC2" (and explained the goals and background)
him: "That just sounds AWESOME! I'll look into it!"

So I have spread the word amongst random dutch developers and CEO's Wink

Oh yeah, I also got the job..

Thats's awesome. Good job Jesor! Can I ask what kind of software this company develops. It may come in handy later in life. Wink

Haha, I don't think online therapy will do us any good Tongue
But if we all get insane if the coin reaches 0.01 BTC for example, I will ask them to write a EMC2-Module so we can all have group therapy sessions Wink

@Kreativekrypto: Thanks! It just tickles our inner (or outer) nerdyness. I love explaining this stuff to people, even my girlfriend who only knows how to use Facebook on a Mac now knows what I'm doing and why and she's very fond of it aswell.

PS: The 360 second wait is killing me xD

Now that's some funny stuff. I can assure you that if EMC2 gets to 0.01 BTC I will need those services right away. All jokes aside though. Its possible that EMC2 gains massive adoption throughout the scientific community and if that happens they price will surely go to the moon which in turn will help make great donations monthly.
Since there is a 360sec wait, I will just put everything in one reply:

@derbrause: Thank you for your donation, really generous of you!
@derbrause: I am now in the p2p pool, let's rock this baby!
@soilworker: Just change the adress to the one in the post, change the username to your wallet address, and set your password to a random letter or number
legendary
It´s really nerd candy, the only bitcoin forum where I can discuss, get inspired with scientific ideas and have a chance to make them real at the same time!

What kind of worries me is that science is supported by mining, not by buying and holding. Won't that bring in a lot of miners who instantly dump their coins since they've already supported their favorite project by mining?

Don't worry, as the value of the coin goes up, people will want to hold, and the higher the coin goes the bigger the donations get. Its a win win win win all around in my view.
legendary

P2Pool will be ready for EU and US within the next 20-30 Minutes.
Get your miners ready to hop off those meeeeh Pools :-)

Information about how to setup an own node is released shortly after!

Best news all day!
Activity: 94
Please, can you explain how to configure my cgminer to mine at p2p server? Thanks a lot!
Activity: 84
THE P2POOL is released !!

official Github: https://github.com/einsteinium/p2pool-emc2

After something about ~52hrs of pure work the nodes are finally up, tested and working like a charm! This was a very long and hard way to go but we made it.
The "problem" we do have with the normal p2pool is that the payouts arent deterministic retrieveable by the halvings or something else. Eventhough its a "random" reward which needs to be calculated based on the current epoch. This fancy nerd stuff was done by "bored723" who deserves a lot of love from us all! (EMC2 Address will follow - investigate is needed here)

Currently we are working on a possiblity to give you a "one-click-windows-p2pool-installer" as its not that easy to setup your own node on windows yet - SORRY. We are working on it!

Okey : Let the games begin and give a warm welcome for :

http://einsteinium-eu.cloudapp.net:41876 (Webfrontend) - stratum+tcp://einsteinium-eu.cloudapp.net:41876 (Stratum)
and
http://einsteinium-us.cloudapp.net:41876 (Webfrontend) - stratum+tcp://einsteinium-us.cloudapp.net:41876 (Stratum)

ICMP is disabled - dont struggle when you try to ping the DNS-Names (also the US node is not published by DNS yet - just be patient) - Connect and check your Stale-Rate. Thats it.
Another hint: Its normal that the "HW" rate is skyrocketing at your first connect - just let the code calculate your diff for 5-10min and restart your miner .. thats it :-). You have to do this jus once when your address is new on the p2pool network

How to connect:

All you have to do is use your current or a new Wallet-Address as a Username in your miner and ANYTHING as a password
e.g. :

stratum+tcp://einsteinium-eu.cloudapp.net:41876 -u ETD1Y65EaBbhRPRfhKGFNcimSYFvSkcYys -p x

DONT USE THIS WALLET-ADDRESS if you dont want to support me Tongue - Otherwise.. have fun!

Another thing to mention is:

You have to mine at least for 24hours to get your "real" and expected amount of EMC2s everytime a block is found by the network.

The most important part is:

Make this a huge network of nodes and miners as p2pool is basically not attackable by DDoS because of its design. One node can go down but not the whole network. Currently we are a bit vulnerable as there are only 2 nodes yet but i will speed up to provide all the information you need to setup your own node on linux.
As i said: Our Dev-Team is working on that one-Click Magic for the Windows-Guys :-)

Have fun and let me tell you that theres a lot more in the pipe for this awesome coin !
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool
Steady and fast Payouts
Heavy Load approved
Straum+VDiff
Fast US and EU Connections

Big Rewards with the next Wormhole Event(s), fasten your seatbelts Smiley
I had a job interview (for software tester) just now and when they asked about my hobbies I also said 'cryptocurrency'.

me: "I currently hold Einsteinium, a.k.a. EMC2" (and explained the goals and background)

Thats's awesome. Good job Jesor! Can I ask what kind of software this company develops. It may come in handy later in life. Wink

Haha, I don't think online therapy will do us any good Tongue
But if we all get insane if the coin reaches 0.01 BTC for example, I will ask them to write a EMC2-Module so we can all have group therapy sessions Wink

@Kreativekrypto: Thanks! It just tickles our inner (or outer) nerdyness. I love explaining this stuff to people, even my girlfriend who only knows how to use Facebook on a Mac now knows what I'm doing and why and she's very fond of it aswell.

PS: The 360 second wait is killing me xD
legendary
Nethash has consistently been over 1GH since launch.  Doing pretty well for a coin not on any of the bigger exchanges. 

-tb-

Totally, its because of the great concept behind the coin.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Okay as a miner.
In general I will likely back a project more for additional funding goals. I don't mine then dump like some. I mine, donate, hold, and spend. Donating coins will likely be there for this one even with it's foundation, but I will do so on top of that. I have already given out about 10% of my dogecoin to science campaigns, and will likely do the same for this coin. Again with my background, I worked in science policy in the past, this went straight to my heart. It could help address a huge issue even though it's not a silver bullet.
legendary
Einstenium doesn't need bigger exchganges atm. The coin has nice and steady network and will be noticed in near future.
P.S. Mintpal is bigger coin killer than Cryptsy.

You people need to get one thing straight - an exchange does not kill a coin. The miners do. They mine the coins and dump them at ridiculous prices, no matter what exchange the coin is listed on.

Just because an exchange can handle a large volume of coins to be dumped fast, does not make that exchange a killer.

The mentality of quick buck is what kills coins. We dont need that many anyway. there is already over 150 coins launched.
they need to be weeded out. some really need to die. All coins with no inovation will fade out eventually.

That's how I see it. That's the reason I believe this coin actually has long life viability. It only makes sense that when the dust settles the only coins left will be the ones furthering mankind. Bitcoin will be there, so will Litecoin as they were the first two. I personally believe the EMC2 will also stand the test of time. We've got a great community, coin, concept, foundation and were only getting better.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Haha brilliant congrats on the new position. It's nice when something we enjoy strikes a chord in others. I love this coin, I'm working on merchant adoption and possibly someone from our community to create an EMC2 dice game everyone can play around with. It looks like coinpayments is soon to be under new management so if anyone has an online store or knows of a crypto friendly business please let us know.

Made my day !! Good job!

Whats ur address? This courage deserves some  Cheesy

Ah man, that's nice of you! ^_^
It's in my signature, EWUGkwQY2NLEgBfYBK7enmVYHg2bUYpvtC
Jump to: