Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EST 2014] Rimbit - We removed mining so its just the community and coin - page 9. (Read 26080 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Not sure if you are aware or are following the discussion about the design flaw in BTC - where it loops and issues a whole new batch when it reaches the "final" block see http://www.rimbit.com/threads/coindesk-replies-to-the-bitcoin-issue-they-never-followed-it-up.2398/#post-5032.

The theory is that this is a problem but will not happen until 2125 so lets make ourselves loads of money and who cares about our children/grandkids.
Would it not be better to fix it now, rather than have this problem continue to pester Bitcoin. Can it be fixed?
Activity: 40
I'm new to Rimbit maybe around a month old but what I noticed with this coin is that there's no more mining in it. The community is the one in charge of increasing/decreasing the price of Rimbit. But the biggest thing in being mine-less is that there will be no increasing difficulty and rewards halving that bitcoin miners are facing not to mention ever evolving expensive miners.

That is right! A coin that does not need a zillion dollars computer to mine it and to finally get almost nothing from. Plus, this takes out the issue we now know about Bitcoin.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
I'm new to Rimbit maybe around a month old but what I noticed with this coin is that there's no more mining in it. The community is the one in charge of increasing/decreasing the price of Rimbit. But the biggest thing in being mine-less is that there will be no increasing difficulty and rewards halving that bitcoin miners are facing not to mention ever evolving expensive miners.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I like Ethereum and Rimbit
Not sure if you are aware or are following the discussion about the design flaw in BTC - where it loops and issues a whole new batch when it reaches the "final" block see http://www.rimbit.com/threads/coindesk-replies-to-the-bitcoin-issue-they-never-followed-it-up.2398/#post-5032.

The theory is that this is a problem but will not happen until 2125 so lets make ourselves loads of money and who cares about our children/grandkids.
When I choose to invest in an altcoin, I prefer one that has a friendly community... Being part of the Rimbit community, I feel really like my words are well received and listened to. That will pay one day... too much greediness and anger may lead to the premature death of a coin IMHO.

I would add to that a dev or dev team that is trustworthy, honest and helpful.  I do not want issues swept under the carpet and ignored.  When mistakes are made or problems happen it is good to get the truth.  It instils confidence and that is something I have in Rimbit.
I would totally agree with both of you.
When I choose to invest in an altcoin, I prefer one that has a friendly community... Being part of the Rimbit community, I feel really like my words are well received and listened to. That will pay one day... too much greediness and anger may lead to the premature death of a coin IMHO.

I would add to that a dev or dev team that is trustworthy, honest and helpful.  I do not want issues swept under the carpet and ignored.  When mistakes are made or problems happen it is good to get the truth.  It instils confidence and that is something I have in Rimbit.
Activity: 15
There is a new contest underway on the Rimbit Forum at:  http://www.rimbit.com/threads/create-the-caption-contest.2363/

It's really straightforward, with the winner getting up to 400 RBT.

As long as you are registered on the Rimbit Forum you can enter (and registration is free).

If you're not registered, now would be a good time as these contests will likely continue.

There probably isn't an easier way to win free RBT.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
I just noticed that the Bitcoin Forum has more than 14 millions posts in 540,000 topics, and is claiming to have almost 800,000 forum members.

I have to wonder - for the poor person who has just managed to save up more than $400 US to purchase ONE single coin, how will their voice ever be heard?

I think the point here is that Bitcoin has become so massive that unless you were in at the beginning and formed a close alliance with one of the main groups (such as Blockchain), chances are you will have no say in what happens with the coin.

What I do like with some of the smaller coins, is that everyone seems to have a say - from the veterans to the newbies.  Opinions count and opportunities exist to shape the future of the coins. No one person is more important than any other.  It's great - though perhaps a little more transparent than I would have expected.

So I suppose if I had $400 US to invest, I'd like to have a say in how my investment can best work for me - rather than having someone tell me how it's going to be.

yes it works with any new start up project or any crypto currency so if you are going to invest $400 you just need to look for a good project and a good devs team that will get the project a long way..
Activity: 15
I just noticed that the Bitcoin Forum has more than 14 millions posts in 540,000 topics, and is claiming to have almost 800,000 forum members.

I have to wonder - for the poor person who has just managed to save up more than $400 US to purchase ONE single coin, how will their voice ever be heard?

I think the point here is that Bitcoin has become so massive that unless you were in at the beginning and formed a close alliance with one of the main groups (such as Blockchain), chances are you will have no say in what happens with the coin.

What I do like with some of the smaller coins, is that everyone seems to have a say - from the veterans to the newbies.  Opinions count and opportunities exist to shape the future of the coins. No one person is more important than any other.  It's great - though perhaps a little more transparent than I would have expected.

So I suppose if I had $400 US to invest, I'd like to have a say in how my investment can best work for me - rather than having someone tell me how it's going to be.
Down to the last few hours of the "secret perk" for cheap Rimbit.  You have to go to the rimbit forum and click on the link there - you do not even have to register.  I think it is well worth a look at the forum and joining too but the offer is such that joining is not required.

So buy some RBT and either keep them and become wildly rich in years to come or sell them for a small profit on C-Cex and regret it this time next year if RBT= $10 Smiley

I bought some, this is a good deal... At least, I won't regret it in the next months if anything good happens. Wink
You would really need a battery too, to keep the interest coming 24/7, light and dark!

It must be do-able though I suspect the pay-back on the solar gear would take years as the Pi is so cheap to run.
A quick search and there are several solutions you can have the unit power down on low power.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Solar-Powered-Raspberry-Pi/
The charger is @ $25 battery $15. you would build it for $50. This is more than the energy to runit for several years.
But the cool factor is worth way more
Down to the last few hours of the "secret perk" for cheap Rimbit.  You have to go to the rimbit forum and click on the link there - you do not even have to register.  I think it is well worth a look at the forum and joining too but the offer is such that joining is not required.

So buy some RBT and either keep them and become wildly rich in years to come or sell them for a small profit on C-Cex and regret it this time next year if RBT= $10 Smiley

Well, I guess you mean that with one Bitcoin in your pocket and so much posts to read... you have to come a long road to make your point. I feel a little bit like this, because even if I am a rookie here, I certainly have some skills around. But, you have to build your reputation here and around too for sure.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

I read your post so will the guy who purchase that one coin if he will posted here on bitcointalk I don't know what you mean by that post but we have equal rights to post here as long as it complies with the forum rules..
Activity: 2

I once used some solar panels on a fishing shack (far in the wood) and it was not that great of an experience... Well, I needed at least 4 slow discharge batteries to have lights in the nights... in that time, there were no led lights like we have now. Anyway, that is off topic, but the point is that technologies are better today, and I think that you can have a solar panel and a battery for not that much cash. What happens if the RimbitPi gets down for a long period? Is the wallet safe?
You would really need a battery too, to keep the interest coming 24/7, light and dark!

It must be do-able though I suspect the pay-back on the solar gear would take years as the Pi is so cheap to run.
Activity: 353
Rimbit - No mining, just development
Ive never really had much experience with solar panels...
Has anyone tried hooking one up to a Pi?
Activity: 353
Rimbit - No mining, just development
One of the benefits of distributing it our way is that it allows us to fund projects, such as the Pi project and develop the software needed to make it work.
We dont believe that developers should work for free, as is the case with some other coins, and having a funding pool, gives everyone incentives

------------------------ RBT ------------------------
Pages:
Jump to: