Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EST 2014] Rimbit - We removed mining so its just the community and coin - page 10. (Read 26080 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
There was discussion of adding a solar panel, the device! you could run it for free.
You can buy the Pi and the rest of the parts and make your own.
the needed code is on github.com
Activity: 40
Oh, cool. So everyone can make their own small computer and get interest in very low cost as I see it! And in countries where electricity is cheap, it is even a better deal then! Nice job team Rimbit!
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I like Ethereum and Rimbit
I am sure I read on the forum that the code will be available (free) for downloading.  I do have an older Pi at home and I may try to set it up to run a wallet. 
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Can you say more about the RimbitPI? Can we just make our own PI computer and get the code?

I guess it's the same as having or pc/laptop on since it is POS. The only difference is it's cheaper to run the RimbitPi 24/7 than running your laptop/cpu. Correct me if I'm wrong though. And also it will be best if we can have some small computation of cost plus possible earnings if you have like 10000 RBTs.
Can you say more about the RimbitPI? Can we just make our own PI computer and get the code?
Activity: 2
Hello I would like to ask I have 100 rimbits which I have gotten from a promotion I know that it is a proof of stakes but it's been over a week but I am not earning at all how many rimbit coins I need to start earning from staking..

Interest is earned per annum and its also based on coinage.

You dont have to have it running 24/7, but it will help if you just run it when you have the PC on.
You also need to make sure the wallet is unlocked.

We will be auctioning a RimbitPi very soon and it will allow wallets to be locked and minting, plus only requiring a few dollars a year in running cost, while running it 24/7

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/0hxcdBN_UPyEK4MDrhN4iy5JFjr-QLsGIrEu-mnG9n5Uh3I9UvJsKpFypzio9Shr64O54DcrOPenK-sji2PCz78fISM0jl49hti1q9Z_8tU0AGpcpbo2aiXlLNVJ-Qq7dPDNLwaaebJKn-5yqwtURUBPeW5bcBTr27DbRYqN=w426-h296-p

I think it's great that something concrete & tangible like this RimbitPi is a direct result of the Indiegogo funding campaign.  It adds a level of trust when people can be seen to be delivering on promises.

Activity: 22
Hello I would like to ask I have 100 rimbits which I have gotten from a promotion I know that it is a proof of stakes but it's been over a week but I am not earning at all how many rimbit coins I need to start earning from staking..

We will be auctioning a RimbitPi very soon and it will allow wallets to be locked and minting, plus only requiring a few dollars a year in running cost, while running it 24/7

Will it generate a lot of heat?
The Raspberry Pi uses very little energy, if you are not overclocking the cpu you should be fine. My kit came with a heat sink and I have not added this as what I am doing with the RimbitPi does not put enough of a demand of it.   

Will it generate a lot of heat?
Activity: 353
Rimbit - No mining, just development

Interest is earned per annum and its also based on coinage.

You dont have to have it running 24/7, but it will help if you just run it when you have the PC on.
You also need to make sure the wallet is unlocked.

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214

It will happen, don't worry. The coins has to get "older". Smiley

Ok I will be patient and wait for it to mature but I cannot run it for 24 hours the most hour i can run my pc is only 12 hours it's summer here and the heat might have an effect on my pc

It will happen, don't worry. The coins has to get "older". Smiley

It varies.  Which is not helpful for you.  But if you have your wallet on 24/7 then it will come through eventually.  I have a colleague who bought into that last promo like you did and they went for the secret perk too, but they are still waiting for their first interest to come through.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
cbreum, interesting concept! Yeah Rimbit will soon begin to be accepted as it is: the best cryptocurrency around. It does the same as Bitcoin less all the problems related to it. I don't see Bitcoin as an invader/attacker though... more like the father of all the ideas that just need an upgrade, and that is named: Rimbit! Wink
I don't like much that forum. It's old and I can't use my old tricks to stay logged... Anyway, my last comment was made using another username because the forum refuses me to loggin from another computer. :/ Now, I know that I have to logout on one machine before I login on another. It never happened to me on such great forum as the rimbit one (rimbit.com). And as a newbie... I can't comment twice inside a certain amount of minutes, which is just plain not funny. Ok, I had to say it.
Activity: 2
Imagine how much you will kick yourself when Rimbit  takes off like ETH has and you did not buy in Smiley

And it will! Now, everything is on place for the take off. You don't want to miss this opportunity. In fact, we're talking about spare change right now. It's nothing for what you'll get back.
The secret special is great value - go for it whilst it is still available!  If you buy and do not like then you can easily sell on C-Cex and other exchanges.  Imagine how much you will kick yourself when Rimbit  takes off like ETH has and you did not buy in Smiley
4 more days till the secret special is over and we will be removing the secret link from the forum

Great to see Etherium doing what it is, however, being ASIC resistant is not as good as being Mining resistant, like Rimbit is.

I have been doing some trade with Bitcoin and have found that confirmation are horribly slow... I think this maybe an effect that we knew would happen when mining became a wasted effort
I am on the Stream Now...
Teen Rimbit is now playing "The Culling"
https://www.twitch.tv/lefalaf

There are some technical issues and a tad of lag...  Cheesy

Rimbit will be given away during this stream
thorbjornb 1:03 AM - thorbjornb: GIVEAWAYS Im going live on Twitch at 20 pm CET (UTC +1) with rimbit giveaways on https://www.twitch.tv/bubbistream

thorbjornb 1:04 AM - thorbjornb: sry going live 20 CET (UTC +1) aka 8 pm CET (UTC +1)

Magnus Højbak Christensen 1:26 AM - Magnus Højbak Christensen: Okay guys im live now! Tune in!!! http://www.twitch.tv/lefalaf
Pages:
Jump to: