Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][FOTA][NEW BOUNTY] FORTUNA – The First Blockchain OTC Derivatives Platform! - page 3. (Read 16539 times)

copper member
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
BOUNTY PROGRAM

Dear Fortuna Supporters,

Exciting news! 🚀🚀 To celebrate the launch of Black Friday we have now launched the FOTA Hunting lobby! Make sure to invite all your friends to participate.

Join our telegram group and
EARN FOTA.🚀🚀
In this telegram group you will find all the weekly tasks.

Please send proof of participation to @fortunaadmin on Telegram!

https://imgur.com/a/iKs1fTl

Looking forward to your participation!

Fortuna Team.

Activity: 40

I like the project with the concept of mining, but to get bigger profits must use tools, and requires considerable electrical energy.
whether this project is the same as other mining projects
copper member
AMA with Brian Cai

Our CEO Brian Cai was interviewed by Informance.
The questions were submitted by the community prior to the AMA.

Enjoy!
copper member
Black Friday needs to be configured for mobile usage. 90% of people checking this out are on phones or tablets!

It will be in the future! This early version is for testing functionalities!  Grin
copper member
Hi Dianas,

I think FOTA is a good buy right now.  I wouldn't get too caught up on what the price is today, tomorrow, or at the end of each year. 

The price right now is 5 cents USD but the Fortuna trading platform is still in testing phase.  We won't know how much FOTA is worth until the main platform is launched in Q3 (or beforehand).

If the platform is successful, there could be a huge wave of traders who buy FOTA to trade derivatives on the platform (it will no longer just be speculators like you and I but actual traders who use FOTA to set up their positions and manage their risk).  A huge influx of traders into a relatively small coin could be massive.

I can't quantify it now, but I would focus on the underlying technology Fortuna is working toward.  Check out the test platform here: https://blackfriday.fota.top/#/home

Nicely worded! Your support is greatly appreciated  Grin Grin
Activity: 32
Black Friday needs to be configured for mobile usage. 90% of people checking this out are on phones or tablets!
copper member
Do you plan listing to a new exchanges (like, Upbit or Bithumb, for example)?

If yes, please, say when?

Thanks.

We do indeed plan to list on new exchanges, however we can not conclude any information as per exchange requirements Wink
Activity: 5
Hi Dianas,

I think FOTA is a good buy right now.  I wouldn't get too caught up on what the price is today, tomorrow, or at the end of each year. 

The price right now is 5 cents USD but the Fortuna trading platform is still in testing phase.  We won't know how much FOTA is worth until the main platform is launched in Q3 (or beforehand).

If the platform is successful, there could be a huge wave of traders who buy FOTA to trade derivatives on the platform (it will no longer just be speculators like you and I but actual traders who use FOTA to set up their positions and manage their risk).  A huge influx of traders into a relatively small coin could be massive.

I can't quantify it now, but I would focus on the underlying technology Fortuna is working toward.  Check out the test platform here: https://blackfriday.fota.top/#/home
Activity: 6
Hey all,
would you still buy FOTA for the current price?

What do you think will the price be at End of 2018,2019 and 2020?

I am not shure, if i should join.

Thanks!

Activity: 679
Merit: 103
Do you plan listing to a new exchanges (like, Upbit or Bithumb, for example)?

If yes, please, say when?

Thanks.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
yeah I saw that, but better wait a day or two and see what the market will do but it is almost impossible to guess
copper member
BOUNTY PROGRAM

Dear Fortuna Supporters,

Exciting news! 🚀🚀 To celebrate the launch of Black Friday we have now launched the FOTA Hunting lobby! Make sure to invite all your friends to participate.

EARN FOTA.🚀🚀

https://imgur.com/a/iKs1fTl

Looking forward to your participation!

Fortuna Team.

copper member
Activity: 1
copper member
Where is all the money?

Over the past last decade, the velocity of money has decreased as money doesn't change hands as quickly as it did in the past.  How is this possible with decent growth around the world and technological improvements?  Concurrently the gini coefficient has widened dramatically and the rich are getting richer, hoarding money, while the poor are get poorer.

Why does this matter?

Central banks (the bank that lends to the banks) print money out of thin air and this erodes the buying power of the people.  Why? because ultimately these dollars slip into the economy and push the price of goods up.  Venezuela is a great example of hyper-inflation.  This isn't too terrible if you are already wealthy, as you could find investments globally and live off of interest alone.  The average guy must work/hope for a pay raise, as costs increase indefinitely because of fiat printing.  Higher cost/price means more tax revenue.

So what can we do?

Find a sound currency, one that doesn't print money continuously.  Welcome! “virtual currency”.  Once a virtual currency (fixed supply Virtual Currency) is widely adopted, value will increase indefinitely as central banks print money.  The virtual currency will be a storage of value but when needed, this virtual currency could be exchanged for fiat to do business or buy goods if necessary.

The Future of Banking?

So in the future, some people may store their money at a bank while others may use a wallet with a basket of virtual currencies.  The future is at our fingertips.  

Very interesting read! You're support is greatly appreciated!  Grin
Activity: 1
Where is all the money?

Over the past last decade, the velocity of money has decreased as money doesn't change hands as quickly as it did in the past.  How is this possible with decent growth around the world and technological improvements?  Concurrently the gini coefficient has widened dramatically and the rich are getting richer, hoarding money, while the poor are get poorer.

Why does this matter?

Central banks (the bank that lends to the banks) print money out of thin air and this erodes the buying power of the people.  Why? because ultimately these dollars slip into the economy and push the price of goods up.  Venezuela is a great example of hyper-inflation.  This isn't too terrible if you are already wealthy, as you could find investments globally and live off of interest alone.  The average guy must work/hope for a pay raise, as costs increase indefinitely because of fiat printing.  Higher cost/price means more tax revenue.

So what can we do?

Find a sound currency, one that doesn't print money continuously.  Welcome! “virtual currency”.  Once a virtual currency (fixed supply Virtual Currency) is widely adopted, value will increase indefinitely as central banks print money.  The virtual currency will be a storage of value but when needed, this virtual currency could be exchanged for fiat to do business or buy goods if necessary.

The Future of Banking?

So in the future, some people may store their money at a bank while others may use a wallet with a basket of virtual currencies.  The future is at our fingertips.  
copper member
copper member
Weekly Fortuna News, Issue 012

‘23,774 options have been sold last week.’

Dear Fortuna supporters,

Please find the weekly edition of Fortuna News below! As always, thanks for being a great community, and enjoy the read!

Founder Brian Cai’s Foreword

Dear Fortuna Community,

I want to take the opportunity to address some things in this weekly update.
We have recently released the Black Friday platform and received a lot of feedback. I want to be clear that the Black Friday platform is only a testing platform. We use it to collect valuable data and users’ feedback, it is not an official version. In fact, from the domain name blackfriday.fota.top, it can be seen that Black Friday is only a transitional test version. Actually, this was mentioned in my forewords and weekly Fortuna news;

Secondly, I’d like to emphasize that since Black Friday is a test platform, most of our attention is spent on the development of the main network and the quantitative resource database of Fortuna. After the completion of the quantitative resource library, many more tools will be available. If we combine that with the feedback on the Black Friday platform we will have all we need to launch a formal version with high performance, high availability, asset security, sufficient mobility, and rich products, so stay tuned!

Thirdly, we have been recording weekly news video’s (see the links at the bottom of the page), but will switch to a slower rythm such as a monthly video, or a video once in a while, instead. We are making this change because we felt the results were not satisfying for the amount of effort we put in. In the future the video’s will capture interesting information on topic such as the R&D progress, product strategy and business plan and will be explained by the people who are in charge of these business segments.

-Visual FORTUNA-

You can check out our Fortuna Behind the Scenes #012 Here.

Technology Research and Development
  • Decentralized Fortuna Platform: The minimum runnable version (called FirstBlood) of our multi node platform is undergoing testing and the multi-node connection has been approved. The requirement for Double (the improved version of Firstblood) will be reviewed this week and going into the official development phase next week.
  • Single-node Version Black Friday Derivatives Platform: The first week of the Black Friday public beta is over. The first weeks options were settled at 14:00 (UTC time 6:00) on the 4th May, with a grand total of 23,774 options sold. Thank you for your participation!
    We have now launched the second phase of beta testing and users who previously participated in the free gifting activities (on the 8th of march and 14th of march) have received a coupon for free options. If you haven’t received yours: please check your e-mail and text message inbox. The option to redeem the free option’s will be closed at 14:00 on Friday (May 11th). Once beta testing has been completed there will be one week for bug repaid and system optimization. So be sure to send in your feedback! We look forward to it!
  • Fortuna community BBS: This week, the final draft of the design was passed, the technical plan was confirmed, and the development phase began.

Quantifying and Modeling

Stepping up to implement the basic Monte Carlo module, Monte Carlo is an important tool for quantifying wind control and calculating many other parametric scenes;

Completion of other relevant modules to achieve quantitative risk control such as Expected Shortfall and Value at Risk;

At the end of last week, the deployment of a backtest code for an artificial intelligence strategy was completed, and its trading model was tested by using several different sets of stock data.

Marketing and PR

• Manage, activate Chinese and English communities, and answer community questions about Fortuna;
  • Chinese bounty mission statistics and other ancillary work;
  • The official fan group plus the task lobby carry out “Fortuna’s questions”;
  • Invited the Fortuna hunter leader to join in the first issue and interview him;
  • The adjustment of the English version of the hunter program poster, the writing of the reward rules, the announcement of the new Hunting Lobby, the release of the reward task, and the statistics and evaluation of the hunter task completion and reward;
  • Black Friday platform’s BUG problem collection, information summary; black friday pages of Chinese and English version optimization; black Friday novice guidelines revised;
  • Send Mail/SMS messages containing a coupon earned during the International Women’s Day / White Valentine’s Day activities. The coupons can be redeemed for Bitcoin Options;
  • Published English articles on the Fortuna Official Bitcointalk account;
  • Exploring and creating Fortuna’s Wikipedia;
  • Community BBS page, discussing the UI, final review and approval, self-built background function collation;

Talent Hunting

A total of 81 resumes were reviewed this week. 15 were interviewed. The details are as follows:
  • Technology Department: 58 recommended resumes were reviewed, 8 interviews, pending decision.
  • Product Department: 7 recommended resumes were reviewed, pending decision and 1 admitted.
  • Quantitative department: 6 recommended resumes were reviewed, 5 interviews and 1 admitted.
  • Operating Department: 10 resumes were reviewed, 2 interviews and 1 admitted.

Internal Compliance

Workplace is added.

BOUNTY PROGRAM

Dear Fortuna Supporters,

EARN FOTA.🚀🚀

Activity: 5
A couple observations/suggestions after 1.5 weeks of trading on BlackFriday platform:

1. I really enjoy the Account page where you can see all of your positions and the estimated profit/loss at any time, tied to the price of BTC.

2. I wish we could enjoy some more charting features instead of just the 1 month, unless I am just bad at charts and cant figure out how to see daily view.

3. It would be great to be able to see past trading history.  This is the most important thing for me I think.  For example on May 4th when the first round of options expired, I was able to see my gains (pretty sweet), but could no longer see the positions I took in the first place.  The Account page seemed to reset which was alarming at first, until I checked my balance.  Would be great to be able to see past trades, as well as OVERALL gains rather than just the profit/loss in any given week.  Being able to export past trade data would be great too.

4. I think it would be super cool to be able to save some strategies that have worked for you in the past.  For example, maybe I bought 5 call options that were furthest OTM, and 2 put options ATM.  Would be great if I could quickly replicate those trades again (just a thought)

5. When actually purchasing options in the Trade tab, it's kind of buggy typing in the option price. for example if you type ".645" for the price of the call, it autocorrects to 645 unless you put a 0 in front like "0.645".  I have learned this, and its fine now, but it was something I had to get used to and less intuitive.

6. Any insight into the profit mechanism would be helpful.  For example, if your options expire in the money is it a 1.2 x # of options payoff?  If they expire OTM do you just lose the price of the options or is it magnified?  Not sure if this is proprietary but the more transparent the better.

7. When I am making money on Black Friday, who is losing money (I know this is just a test phase and it wont always work this way)?? Are we just increasing the FOTA supply and issuing new coins here? Wondering if that could be the reason for the slight dip in FOTA value over the past week or so.

8. As my option portfolio value increases, it does leave me exposure to the price of FOTA.  Will be AWESOME when we can use a few more currencies.

Overall I've enjoyed the platform and the nice lil gains.  No response necessary, just my thoughts for your consideration.  Thanks!
copper member

An exciting and inspiring story for everyone that this blockchain world has a great chance.
Fortuna becomes a platform that will privide space for the more developed blockchain.

Thank you Aurellio, your support is greatly appreciated! Wink
Pages:
Jump to: