Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Frycoin][FRY] - Shut up and take my money! Coin halving coming up! - page 14. (Read 195157 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 250
FRYCOIN REVIVAL GIVEAWAY

Coin downfall?
Without a market it is really hard to judge the value of a coin. I would say it is likely at half a Satoshi right now as people where not even buying up this coin anymore on C-Cex.

Final Revival Effort
I would still like to see it succeed, so I would like to make a big pot of the coins and use this to have a gigantic lottery where we redistribute a large part of the coins to new users. I talked with Frycoin and he will give me access to the Twitter account to run a Giveaway.

Currently there are over 61M created coins and with Pulse the creation has slowed down a lot. I think it would make sense to try to gather around 5M coins and redistribute these over a large group of users. These will try to get the coin on new markets again, helping the coin to get back up on its feet.

As a longtime miner, I have mined around 5M coins myself and I am willing to donate a large chunk of this --> 2.5 Million Fry

If we are able to reach 5M coins as a community, I am willing to spearhead this campaign and will try to revive it by getting more people involved.

DONATE TO MAKE IT SUCCEED!
With the current value of the coin it makes sense to donate a large chunk for this final revival effort. The coins are on the verge of being forgotten.

GOAL
We should reach at least 5M Fry with this revival effort for me to start. (hopefully we will get much more) I will not charge a fee for this, but want our first PULSE coin to succeed! Smiley

Donation Address:
Donate to FHEfCBpXF8LznLYHYKUSuyTAYbsHGYCgJ5. Send me a PM with the amount and your name and I will include you in this topic as a supporter. If we do not reach the goal, you will get your Fry back!
You can follow the transactions here: http://explorer.cryptocoinrevival.com/address/FHEfCBpXF8LznLYHYKUSuyTAYbsHGYCgJ5

Supporters:
1. JonesD - 2,500,000

I have a few thousand of these
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014
FRYCOIN REVIVAL GIVEAWAY

Coin downfall?
Without a market it is really hard to judge the value of a coin. I would say it is likely at half a Satoshi right now as people where not even buying up this coin anymore on C-Cex.

Final Revival Effort
I would still like to see it succeed, so I would like to make a big pot of the coins and use this to have a gigantic lottery where we redistribute a large part of the coins to new users. I talked with Frycoin and he will give me access to the Twitter account to run a Giveaway.

Currently there are over 61M created coins and with Pulse the creation has slowed down a lot. I think it would make sense to try to gather around 5M coins and redistribute these over a large group of users. These will try to get the coin on new markets again, helping the coin to get back up on its feet.

As a longtime miner, I have mined around 5M coins myself and I am willing to donate a large chunk of this --> 2.5 Million Fry

If we are able to reach 5M coins as a community, I am willing to spearhead this campaign and will try to revive it by getting more people involved.

DONATE TO MAKE IT SUCCEED!
With the current value of the coin it makes sense to donate a large chunk for this final revival effort. The coins are on the verge of being forgotten.

GOAL
We should reach at least 5M Fry with this revival effort for me to start. (hopefully we will get much more) I will not charge a fee for this, but want our first PULSE coin to succeed! Smiley

Donation Address:
Donate to FHEfCBpXF8LznLYHYKUSuyTAYbsHGYCgJ5. Send me a PM with the amount and your name and I will include you in this topic as a supporter. If we do not reach the goal, you will get your Fry back!
You can follow the transactions here: http://explorer.cryptocoinrevival.com/address/FHEfCBpXF8LznLYHYKUSuyTAYbsHGYCgJ5

Supporters:
1. JonesD - 2,500,000
2. Frycoin - 150,000

Total 2,650,000 FRY
Still needed: 2,350,000 FRY
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
It seems C-Cex has delisted us Sad

Activity: 252
0x0a.nl operator
http://frycoin.p2p.0x0a.nl:9900 was down for about 1.5 hours due to a wallet crash:

Code:
received block 8dd65937374063ba65e4a6aea20b145a54789ccf905b86751873a062ae80cf61
Checking for Pulse on 272813: True
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : Blocked by Pulse
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
connection timeout
received block b3bf7b4f16774a02e8b8eb5fb08ecf133318a5aee12149a2b2ebc6010c723d8c
Committing 3 changed transactions to coin database...
SetBestChain: new best=b3bf7b4f16774a02e8b8eb5fb08ecf133318a5aee12149a2b2ebc6010c723d8c height=272813 log2_work=47.767045 tx=341404 date=2014-08-02 16:01:11 progress=0.999999
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
CreateNewBlock(): total size 1000
ThreadRPCServer method=getblock
getheaders 272813 to b3bf7b4f16774a02e8b8eb5fb08ecf133318a5aee12149a2b2ebc6010c723d8c
getblocks -1 to 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 limit 500
trying connection 84.87.20.249:55901 lastseen=5.3hrs
ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock
received block fadacbce3c96f127ede4880adaa0be0c71edf73824f31d9ac9a7a3af20d02bff
Frycoind: main.cpp:1610: static const CTxOut& CTransaction::GetOutputFor(const CTxIn&, CCoinsViewCache&): Assertion `coins.IsAvailable(input.prevout.n)' failed.
/home/user/bin/frycoind: line 20: 14011 Aborted                 /home/user/src/frycoin/src/Frycoind -printtoconsole -mininput=0.00000001 -conf=/home/user/.frycoind//frycoind.conf -datadir=/home/user/.frycoind -gen=0 -timeout=1000 -onlynet=ipv4

Seems like a Pulse related problem  Sad I don't have the time to dig into it (nor the expertise I think), but hopefully some of you can? The pool is back up and processing blocks so fortunately it's not a persistent problem.
Activity: 294
I couldn't help but notice that frycoins price has not increased even with the new algo Sad

give it time, once people notice that they cant generate so many coins as they used to they might think twice before selling their coins for 1 satoshi (which btw was clearly somebody who wanted to dump the rate - all 1 sat trades are really low volume..)

Cheers,
f0o
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
I couldn't help but notice that frycoins price has not increased even with the new algo Sad
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Ok, Thanks, i go to vacation
  I'll try again when I'm back
Activity: 294
hello, help me, i cant build FryCoin for my pool, cant get sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev, libdb4.8++-dev, libboost1.37-dev.
Terminal say its àckage obsolete other not exist.
But developer say " Ubuntu precise has packages for libdb5.1-dev and libdb5.1++-dev, but using these will break binary wallet compatibility, and is not recommended".
and with this db5.1 version make fail on building.
thanks

Hi,

you can compile the wallet with upstream versions of boost and libdb - those version limitations are obsolete and to be ignored.
it's a leftover of old times Wink

Although it is true that wallets created with libdb5.x cannot be read by libdb4.8 but that's no concern as old wallet-software are incompatible with the current network versions.

All wallets the CRF will release in future will be compiled against upstream versions of boost and libdb.

Make sure you also have libdb++-dev installed btw.
if you still experience errors, please paste your build-log on pastebin and pass it on to us.

Cheers,
f0o
zro
Activity: 56
hello, help me, i cant build FryCoin for my pool, cant get sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev, libdb4.8++-dev, libboost1.37-dev.
But developer say " Ubuntu precise has packages for libdb5.1-dev and libdb5.1++-dev, but using these will break binary wallet compatibility, and is not recommended".
thanks
Hello raulrichart,

I don't have to much experience building frycoin on a linux environment, but did you try it with the most recent version of the libdb packages?
If that's 5.1 it might be worth testing it.
If it doesn't work, you could also compile older versions yourself or install from a .deb file.

Let me know what your steps were if more problems pop up.
thanks
legendary
ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to holidays, most of the team is abroad for the two upcoming weeks. Our trusty member ZRO will be online to answer questions and keep watch Smiley

See you again at the end of the month!
hello Dev , i will create a pool on Europe for this Coin and Quarkbar Coin, i mining this currency from the beginning.
have you some tutorial on how to create a pool ?
I find nothing on internet
thanks
Youtube instructions Smiley
Thanks good, I have a question regarding after configure the local pool,
as I can publish it on the Internet, I'm blocked, thanks
legendary
Downloaded wallet, says not compatible with my version of Windows (win7 64 bit)

I have windows 8 64bit and it is working fine, so don't know what's causing it.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Downloaded wallet, says not compatible with my version of Windows (win7 64 bit)
hello Dev , i will create a pool on Europe for this Coin and Quarkbar Coin, i mining this currency from the beginning.
have you some tutorial on how to create a pool ?
I find nothing on internet
thanks
The links are updated! Please update your wallet asap!

legendary
CRF implements PULSE in Frycoin

As our experimentation coin, we will test PULSE on Frycoin starting from block 265,000!

Pulse WHITEPAPER:

In short:
No transactions --> Slow creation of new blocks
Busy network --> Fast creation of new blocks
Mining power needed far lower --> As little as ten nodes are sufficient!

You can find the new code at https://github.com/CryptocoinRevival/FryCoin

We will use this test to see if PULSE behaves like we want it to Smiley

The new windows wallet can be downloaded at https://github.com/CryptocoinRevival/FryCoin/tree/binaries
We are very happy about this!
legendary
ANNOUNCEMENT of CRF

As our experimentation coin, we will test PULSE on Frycoin soon! We're in the process of updating the code and Frycoin will release this to the exchanges and Pools once ready. We don't like waiting, so we might try to start forking as early as this weekend! Smiley

About pulse:

PULSE is a block creation feature, where blocks are created instantly when a certain amount of transactions is sent.
Instead of creating blocks at a fast steady rate, PULSE creates blocks every ten minutes, except when transactions have to be sent.
This ensures that newly created coins are rewarded for blocks that were necessary. When the amount of transactions is low,
the amount of created blocks is low. This will ensure that new and mature coins can manage their inflation and deflation and secure the
future of the coin. The total amount of created coins will stay the same, but the speed of created coins will increase with the usage of
the coin. When a coin has a slow start, the market will not be flooded with coins already.

PULSE will be implemented into Quarkbar during July and will ensure that Quarkbar is less vulnerable to inflation and transactions are stimulated.

No transactions --> Slow creation of new blocks
Busy network --> Fast creation of new blocks
Mining power needed far lower --> As little as ten nodes are sufficient!

Read the white paper here
Activity: 465
Is anyone or dev aware that c-cex is going to delist FRY soon?

I'm afraid c-cex is currently the only exchange that gets FRY listed. Maybe dev should contact this exchange to help save the listing?

In the meantime, is there any plan for FRY to go on more exchanges? I think we should bring FRY to more exchanges as getting listed on only one single exchange is unsatisfying
Pages:
Jump to: