Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]GaltCoin - Full Release - page 2. (Read 16540 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
February 03, 2014, 07:59:51 AM
Just who is John Galt anyway?

Read Rand's "Atlas Shrugged".  All will be revealed.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
February 03, 2014, 06:18:03 AM
This coin seems really clean.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
February 03, 2014, 06:16:43 AM
If anyone is looking for a pool, here is mine: http://mine.bardiharborow.tk/
Activity: 100
February 02, 2014, 03:55:11 PM
I could really see myself paying galts for groceries, but almost 24 hours of mining, tons of accepted shares on all pools, no wallet deposits and I triple checked the wallet addresses and miner settings as part of due diligence.  Dedicated around 100 KHash to each pool except for CrytoPoolMining (only about 33KHash).

Will give it another couple of hours, if still nothing then it's back to other coins.  I mine as part of a donation strategy to feed the poor so wasting hash means a baby out there is starving to death.

Issues with Galt I've found so far that may be experienced by the average user/miner:

1 - Two wallet downloads available (one comes with an installer, one is just a standalone -qt.ext file)
2 - Both wallets get quarantined on download from false positives
3 - Wallets will not sync without a custom conf file
4 - Wallets continue to use an outdated logo which may lead some to believe they have the wrong wallet
5 - With custom conf wallets only sync to the network half the time (could be user/pc error...but still not user friendly)
6 - Mining shows accepted shares on multiple pools, no deposits
7 - $50 USD required for support
8 - Lack of interest and dev admitted lack of promotion
9 - Source not fully edited (still traces of "bitcoin" wording so it appears the copy/paste wasn't fully edited)

Nice coin name, good principles, but so far doesn't look good.

7 - We offer full support available at our sourceforge link. If you want my personal support including skype or team viewer helping set things up I charge for my time.

We're working on the other issues. We have a very small team, with all of us that have full time jobs and families too. We brought on a new PR person that will be starting on Monday to help with the overall promotion. If someone compiles the wallet from the source there is a new splash page and the updated logo.

We're working out why the wallet won't operate without the dedicated .conf file and that should be resolved in the next build.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
February 02, 2014, 03:39:47 PM
I could really see myself paying galts for groceries, but almost 24 hours of mining, tons of accepted shares on all pools, no wallet deposits and I triple checked the wallet addresses and miner settings as part of due diligence.  Dedicated around 100 KHash to each pool except for CrytoPoolMining (only about 33KHash).

Will give it another couple of hours, if still nothing then it's back to other coins.  I mine as part of a donation strategy to feed the poor so wasting hash means a baby out there is starving to death.

Issues with Galt I've found so far that may be experienced by the average user/miner:

1 - Two wallet downloads available (one comes with an installer, one is just a standalone -qt.ext file)
2 - Both wallets get quarantined on download from false positives
3 - Wallets will not sync without a custom conf file
4 - Wallets continue to use an outdated logo which may lead some to believe they have the wrong wallet
5 - With custom conf wallets only sync to the network half the time (could be user/pc error...but still not user friendly)
6 - Mining shows accepted shares on multiple pools, no deposits
7 - $50 USD required for support
8 - Lack of interest and dev admitted lack of promotion
9 - Source not fully edited (still traces of "bitcoin" wording so it appears the copy/paste wasn't fully edited)

Nice coin name, good principles, but so far doesn't look good.

February 02, 2014, 07:22:15 AM
No problem.  I just know that most miners are "whiners"  Wink and if anything looks weird they'll trash a coin and try and bury it.

February 02, 2014, 02:19:38 AM
I'll toss some khash at this for a while just because I think we're not too far off from Atlas Shrugged.

FYI...Symantec Endpoint quarantined the wallet executable upon download.  Said it's been known for 2 days.  Nothing bad, just a false positive seems like.  Downloaded it from 2 places (a win32 install and a standalone qt) and both got the same message.

So far cgminer's getting accepted shares so looks good.  Could only get http://p2pool.neocities.org/coin_glt.html to work.

Wallet will not sync with the network until you add a Galtcoin.conf file posted previously.

No offense to the dev, but I think you have a great idea, just unprofessionally implemented.  Poor implementation can cause a good coin to get abandoned real quick while a crap coin that's polished may flourish.

GLT:  15TPb55MLZ9ip22gvrUpfBGu31QXxozuSM

Our next release of the wallet will enable users to connect without the .conf. We're learning this as we go. And I think the big problem with the false positive is the unsigned files. That we're also working on.

Thank you for your feedback we do appreciated constructive criticism.
February 02, 2014, 01:14:52 AM
I'll toss some khash at this for a while just because I think we're not too far off from Atlas Shrugged.

FYI...Symantec Endpoint quarantined the wallet executable upon download.  Said it's been known for 2 days.  Nothing bad, just a false positive seems like.  Downloaded it from 2 places (a win32 install and a standalone qt) and both got the same message.

So far cgminer's getting accepted shares so looks good.  Could only get http://p2pool.neocities.org/coin_glt.html to work.

Wallet will not sync with the network until you add a Galtcoin.conf file posted previously.

No offense to the dev, but I think you have a great idea, just unprofessionally implemented.  Poor implementation can cause a good coin to get abandoned real quick while a crap coin that's polished may flourish.

GLT:  15TPb55MLZ9ip22gvrUpfBGu31QXxozuSM
Activity: 41
February 02, 2014, 12:37:24 AM
We miners needn't exchange at the begining, not realy shortly after coin arrived, but nobody will mine coin about we never heared. Attract people.. make give away, some advertisement, nice logo, some colored pictures about coin and so on and miners will come... Else u will mine it along and nobody exept you will need it.

We were never apprised of the fact that the miners had a representative, nor would we recognize one if they did.  When you realize that you can only represent yourself, we'll talk.

The poor chap was just suggesting that you need more promotions.
And I agree. You really could use some promotions to attract people, maybe the like minded people.
Tell them that GaltCoin exists.

Four pools, that's good. But they worth nothing if no miners are mining on them.

This is an example, not a very good one.
I know you're avoiding giveaway threads, beside I heard that such threads are not permitted anymore.
But perhaps, you can offer some GLT/month for people's signatures based on how much they post?

And I'm not representing anyone but myself, by the way. Wink
Activity: 58
February 02, 2014, 12:00:36 AM
We miners needn't exchange at the begining, not realy shortly after coin arrived, but nobody will mine coin about we never heared. Attract people.. make give away, some advertisement, nice logo, some colored pictures about coin and so on and miners will come... Else u will mine it along and nobody exept you will need it.

We were never apprised of the fact that the miners had a representative, nor would we recognize one if they did.  When you realize that you can only represent yourself, we'll talk.
legendary
Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002
February 01, 2014, 04:25:25 PM
February 01, 2014, 02:53:39 PM
I know that Mister Galt doesn't appreciate mooching but I'm still kindly asking for some coins.  Grin

1NcdrntAbfbz84khNY2wfUtdzmGH2snX1U

Provide something of value and I will gladly pay you for your time.
Activity: 72
February 01, 2014, 02:45:31 PM
I know that Mister Galt doesn't appreciate mooching but I'm still kindly asking for some coins.  Grin

1NcdrntAbfbz84khNY2wfUtdzmGH2snX1U
February 01, 2014, 12:41:33 PM
So sorry to interrupt the bromance-drama that's been going on around here.

But, where are the miners? The pools are bare.

I noticed, there's still one pool that's semi active. I guess since we're not willing to bribe the exchanges to get listed some people are not mining in favor of the pump and dump coins.
Activity: 41
February 01, 2014, 12:19:46 PM
So sorry to interrupt the bromance-drama that's been going on around here.

But, where are the miners? The pools are bare.
February 01, 2014, 07:28:38 AM
Escape Ordinary Currency

GaltCoin

This is a pre-announcement of the estimated January 31st, 2014 release of GaltCoin.

Our plan is to allow those who support the development, either financially or otherwise, early access to the first 1000 blocks. After that we will shut down all mining until our estimated launch January 31st, 2014.

Anyone interested in joining our team, can PM myself here, or through the email on the website.

Features:
  • Scrypt Algorithm (ASIC Resistant)
  • 42 Million coin maximum
  • 50 coins per block until halving at every 420,000 blocks
  • Stable nodes
  • Only 1000 Blocks pre-mined for network testing, bounties and early access rewards

We are offering early access for a small fee to help cover network, and development costs. Early Access members will get the following. We are also offering early access to users who agree to commit to the development, marketing or community support of GaltCoin.

• 100 GaltCoins transferred to their wallet.(Only for paying members)
  • Priority support setting up your wallet, or miner
  • Access to the wallet and mining information
  • Future Early Access to all new tools developed

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
you guys were so impressed with the support you decided to let "them" continue mining?

Now the dev making alts/new accounts too....desperate attempt to hide the truth? *looks at posts above this*

No I am the founder of the coin, and g4lt is our lead developer.

care to elaborate on why the PREANN thread said mining will be limited to 1000 block for early adopters and resuming at launch? Which was today.

The early adopter program didn't actually open mining to anyone. We were offering to get people's mining rigs setup to work correctly for the time we launched. For a price, that price was to recoup my costs and to give us a a little money to spend on advertising and marketing.

In reality we had one local friend who paid me the $50 early access for me to come over setup his wallet and write his batch file so he could mine when we were ready. Had anyone been mining besides our testing network we would have shut down our nodes. We also posted an open beta last week that opened mining to the general public. If you missed it or ignored it that's not our problem.
I quoted your original post and this what you got to say to explain? Please enlighten us as to where you mentioned this? And it clearly said mining start on January 31 after the 1000 blocks. I will take a leave now and you can carry your own convo with all "your supporters" Cheesy
Lets do the math here: fail dev + coingen = another alt coin abortion

I can talk in large bold font too. We where trying to raise money to recoup costs and to have a little extra money for marketing end of story, they merely were going to get a reward from the first 1000 blocks. It might have been a poorly worded post, but holy crap you need to calm down. And we're doing just fine, I looked before bed last night and our two week old coin has had 4 pools created with 25Mh/s running on the network. That I consider a success considering all you jackwads who want to do nothing but complain. If you don't like how a coin is managed, or created don't participate plain and simple
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 01, 2014, 03:03:53 AM
Escape Ordinary Currency

GaltCoin

This is a pre-announcement of the estimated January 31st, 2014 release of GaltCoin.

Our plan is to allow those who support the development, either financially or otherwise, early access to the first 1000 blocks. After that we will shut down all mining until our estimated launch January 31st, 2014.

Anyone interested in joining our team, can PM myself here, or through the email on the website.

Features:
  • Scrypt Algorithm (ASIC Resistant)
  • 42 Million coin maximum
  • 50 coins per block until halving at every 420,000 blocks
  • Stable nodes
  • Only 1000 Blocks pre-mined for network testing, bounties and early access rewards

We are offering early access for a small fee to help cover network, and development costs. Early Access members will get the following. We are also offering early access to users who agree to commit to the development, marketing or community support of GaltCoin.

• 100 GaltCoins transferred to their wallet.(Only for paying members)
  • Priority support setting up your wallet, or miner
  • Access to the wallet and mining information
  • Future Early Access to all new tools developed

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
you guys were so impressed with the support you decided to let "them" continue mining?

Now the dev making alts/new accounts too....desperate attempt to hide the truth? *looks at posts above this*

No I am the founder of the coin, and g4lt is our lead developer.

care to elaborate on why the PREANN thread said mining will be limited to 1000 block for early adopters and resuming at launch? Which was today.

The early adopter program didn't actually open mining to anyone. We were offering to get people's mining rigs setup to work correctly for the time we launched. For a price, that price was to recoup my costs and to give us a a little money to spend on advertising and marketing.

In reality we had one local friend who paid me the $50 early access for me to come over setup his wallet and write his batch file so he could mine when we were ready. Had anyone been mining besides our testing network we would have shut down our nodes. We also posted an open beta last week that opened mining to the general public. If you missed it or ignored it that's not our problem.
I quoted your original post and this what you got to say to explain? Please enlighten us as to where you mentioned this? And it clearly said mining start on January 31 after the 1000 blocks. I will take a leave now and you can carry your own convo with all "your supporters" Cheesy
Lets do the math here: fail dev + coingen = another alt coin abortion
February 01, 2014, 03:02:09 AM
Where is John Galt? Doesn't seem to be going anywhere ATM.

Dagny Taggart would be proud of you!  I just hope the "John Galt Express" will take me "to the moon" so I can visit my shibes in space.
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
February 01, 2014, 02:53:35 AM
Where is John Galt? Doesn't seem to be going anywhere ATM.
February 01, 2014, 01:55:57 AM
Just who is John Galt anyway?

who cares, its a coin! you can mine it  Smiley

Apparently you didn't get the reference.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Galt

The question posed through the 1957 novel series over and over again is, "Who is John Galt?"

Galt is acknowledged to be a philosopher and inventor; he believes in the power and glory of the human mind, and the right of the individual to use his/her mind solely for him/herself.

I found it quite interesting that a revolutionary coin was "coined" after a revolutionary thinker.

Pages:
Jump to: