Author

Topic: [ANN][GNT] Golem Project - The world’s most powerful supercomputer - page 120. (Read 380788 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 252
I think Golem is a very challenging project from technical perspective. They need to create a service that runs scripts on host machines, sends data across these machines, and is secure enough not to cause any harm. Data communication speed is crucial - internet is not as fast as data transmission within one computer. If the goal is to analyze big data or decode video then a lot of data need to be spread across the network. It may happen that because of communication speed limitation this project will only be usable only as a "remote miner" (i.e. run computational tasks that do not require a lot of transmitted data).

Another problems in case of running this project in real economy are reliability and price. Real enterprises need to make sure that this service is 99.99% available and is always at affordable price in fiat currency. Maybe they would be able to guarantee availability in case of running hundreds of thousands nodes, but the price may be a problem. With these pumps and dumps everyone understands that something that costs $100 may cost $1000 in just a month. Maybe individual nodes will set their own price and compete in this way, but swings would be very high anyway.

In any case if they launch a working application I think their market cap would be around 80 mln. just because of that, even if it acts just a "remote miner".

Sounds a lot more like a real project than the rest that are worth way more than Golem. This should go up just from the fact that it's real and not a scam and close with ETH

I think its only going up because of ETH and should continue to do so
Activity: 700
Merit: 330
I think Golem is a very challenging project from technical perspective. They need to create a service that runs scripts on host machines, sends data across these machines, and is secure enough not to cause any harm. Data communication speed is crucial - internet is not as fast as data transmission within one computer. If the goal is to analyze big data or decode video then a lot of data need to be spread across the network. It may happen that because of communication speed limitation this project will only be usable only as a "remote miner" (i.e. run computational tasks that do not require a lot of transmitted data).

Another problems in case of running this project in real economy are reliability and price. Real enterprises need to make sure that this service is 99.99% available and is always at affordable price in fiat currency. Maybe they would be able to guarantee availability in case of running hundreds of thousands nodes, but the price may be a problem. With these pumps and dumps everyone understands that something that costs $100 may cost $1000 in just a month. Maybe individual nodes will set their own price and compete in this way, but swings would be very high anyway.

In any case if they launch a working application I think their market cap would be around 80 mln. just because of that, even if it acts just a "remote miner".
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
golem doing good on poloniex
but no update from dev side

I see. From my research's viewpoint, the trust in the developer is very important. I would hate to wait again for this project, but I cannot proceed unless the developer himself reveal some feedback about the development and future plans. Now, I remember, even in the past, Golem was always a bit mysterious. The fact that it still grew to its current stage gives me some hope, though.

correct , still we need communication from devs as I dont invest like sheeps and all investors should known where their money is going

I think when overall pump is going on and your coin is not yet pumped, it is always a smart decision to buy some coins, even if you are not sure in the project success. It is high chance that you coin will get pumped and you will get some profit from it.
agree your opinion,   buy  coins that has not been pumped is  alway a  good  investment
its been a practice by those who really knows how to analyze the project its another way to intercept the pump and dump system, i seen most of the good coin which under value will be next as golem start to rise up almost 90% inside polo better to keep chasing guys.
Activity: 910
Merit: 500

I see. From my research's viewpoint, the trust in the developer is very important. I would hate to wait again for this project, but I cannot proceed unless the developer himself reveal some feedback about the development and future plans. Now, I remember, even in the past, Golem was always a bit mysterious. The fact that it still grew to its current stage gives me some hope, though.

correct , still we need communication from devs as I dont invest like sheeps and all investors should known where their money is going

I think when overall pump is going on and your coin is not yet pumped, it is always a smart decision to buy some coins, even if you are not sure in the project success. It is high chance that you coin will get pumped and you will get some profit from it.
agree your opinion,   buy  coins that has not been pumped is  alway a  good  investment
Activity: 910
I  think GNT is pumped  becasue  the pump of  ETH, GNT is  a long long term invest . good for  those who are  patient

Activity: 770
This is a $200 mill cap coin! going x10 soon!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Investor

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Bitcoin Investor
Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
I remember Golem Project. In the past, someone asked about it in the forum. I wanted to help him so I looked after the development. That was how I first met Golem Project. I liked the supercomputer idea. However, this project was in a very early phase in that time so I had to put it aside for a bit. I am glad because Golem reached the point when it is finally included at exchanges. I think, it is time for me to take the project into my attention again. Do you have any idea if Golem's computing power could be used anywhere in healthcare?
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
Golem rising slowly... good sign

Yes. Slowly but surely. Also devs making spme progress.

Soon golem will be in top 15 and overtake Iconomi in coinmarketcap.  Grin
Activity: 560
Golem rising slowly... good sign
Activity: 437
just buy some...look promised project.

Price is below 2k sat which is a good option to buy before brass golem is released

Are there any updates? I believe in the team but I think it would help the price if we had more regular updates. Even a one-paragraph update every 2 weeks would be enough

Not much update i see after delaying the brass golem launch,need to have another update within this month

No delaying brass golem launch, developers said that everything goes according to the road map and the release will be in the second quarter of 2017.
I have a technical question. Is there any documentation or white paper on protocols or any technical details how they are going to accomplish this project? I want to make sure that they indeed can achieve their goal with their application running on Python. Python looks to me a weird choice as the Golem platform.
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

Price is below 2k sat which is a good option to buy before brass golem is released

Are there any updates? I believe in the team but I think it would help the price if we had more regular updates. Even a one-paragraph update every 2 weeks would be enough

Not much update i see after delaying the brass golem launch,need to have another update within this month
Activity: 560

agree its a good time to board the train now....
Activity: 644
Merit: 501

legendary
Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

Activity: 434
Jump to: