Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem - page 7. (Read 80399 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Hello,

Could you me given an ip so that I can activated my wallet greencoin. He is not at present not synchronized.
 Thank you for your help
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
I'm willing to sign-up as a producer.

I'm waiting for my approval on the greencoin!

Signed up approved! Welcome to GreenCoin!
Since you weren't referred, you get the bounty.

Bounty Time: Any new solar producer = 0.01 BTC!
New Producer 1: 0.01 BTC CLAIMED: txid: 7bbeb45f0c96cebc70068a2ac823b870868e506f0017f7c7968c5f61b3572c36
New Producer 2: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 3: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 4: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 5: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 6: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 7: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 8: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 9: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 10: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]

Refer a sign up now and claim the bounty to replying in here.

Note that a producer must sign up, be verified, and begin receiving greencoins in order to qualify. Bounties will be sent after the first daily payout to the referred signup.

Still open? Looking to start a self run campaign...
legendary
Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012
Panda - I think the node is greencoin.crypto-expert.com:

https://github.com/greencoin-dev/GreenCoinV2/blob/master/src/chainparams.cpp

Which ahmed may still be able to get up and running. I'm trying to ping him. We can also see if he can pull your request or add you as admin(?)

Confirmed that the current wallet skips that address when checking seeds - and you can't ping it so if it is available it is on a different coin/host/port.

I'll look to be added as a collaborator. If someone could provide some additional problems we can look at those.
legendary
Coin tech thread:
- We need a functioning seed node up and running 24/7. Maybe we could put a bootstrap file at this address as well?

Solved with a SINGLE dedicated node. Use/provide the IP of the block explorer.

Coinexchange.io has indicated our debug log is ~1 TB and they and they need a fix from us. This is probably an easy, procedural fix.

Direct CoinExchange.io to the "ShrinkDebugFile" option in their .conf file. Setting that variable to 1 will limit the size of their debug log to 200kb (if it's found to be greater than 1 MB). See the code below which is found in the src/util.cpp
https://github.com/greencoin-dev/GreenCoinV2/blob/master/src/util.cpp
Code:
void ShrinkDebugFile()
{
    // Scroll debug.log if it's getting too big
    boost::filesystem::path pathLog = GetDataDir() / "debug.log";
    FILE* file = fopen(pathLog.string().c_str(), "r");
    if (file && boost::filesystem::file_size(pathLog) > 10 * 1000000)
    {
        // Restart the file with some of the end
        char pch[200000];
        fseek(file, -sizeof(pch), SEEK_END);
        int nBytes = fread(pch, 1, sizeof(pch), file);
        fclose(file);

file = fopen(pathLog.string().c_str(), "w");
        if (file)
        {
            fwrite(pch, 1, nBytes, file);
            fclose(file);
        }
    }
}

The sync stalls out as it pushes through blocks where we had micro-forking issues (blocks 95,000 - 225,000). I'm not sure what the fix is but we need to try something here.

Fixing the nodes should fix the Syncing issues - I confirmed today that a faulty IP was causing the wallet to seize on a single IP address. See PR 4 on the Github.
https://github.com/greencoin-dev/GreenCoinV2/pull/4/files

The third IP in the list (104.237.2.189) was causing the wallet to hang.

Below shows the debug file as it loops on that single IP (caused by a refused connection).
Code:
connect() to 104.237.2.189:11517 failed after select(): Connection refused
keypool added key 102, size=101
keypool reserve 2
keypool return 2
keypool reserve 2
keypool return 2
keypool reserve 2
keypool return 2
legendary

Thanks but I've already downloaded it but its for windows 32 and i've got a 64 and it doesn't sync on my computer.

Are you using the bootstrap file? Can you provide the output from your wallets console when you run getpeerinfo?

Thanks!
Activity: 6
@Chris.

I mostly agree with your statements about the coin update.

My node is pretty much up & running 24/7.

Furthermore I strongly disapprove of PoW. This fights against the entire idea of being green.
Activity: 19

Thanks but I've already downloaded it but its for windows 32 and i've got a 64 and it doesn't sync on my computer.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
well the old GRE was on bittrex.... Roll Eyes
Could you tell me a good wallet for greencoin plz ?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Hello guys, I bought some Greencoins on coinexhange few days ago. Now the greencoin is $0.002219 and so i make a profit. But on coinexchange if I sell it I lost money. Could someone explain me why ?

Actually on coimarketcap : 1 GRE = 0.000 000 54  BTC

Actually on coinexchange : 1 GRE = 0.000 000 05 BTC

I don't understand

Simple explanation: Yobit has not updated the wallet for months so GRE can't be taken on or off.  The price on Coinmarketcap is based in part on this price.

Complex explanation: This appears to be part of Yobit's business model from what I have seen.  Many coins are in the same boat - last I checked.  Purchasing coins there often results in people dumping them at a low rate after they find out that they can't move them off the exchange.  (I've personally done this but have long ago stopped trading on this exchange) Pumping a coin is really easy if you know there is a limited amount of them on the exchange and no new coins are coming in.  If you are one of the few with GRE on Yobit it might be fairly lucrative if you play your cards right.  The ethics of this is highly questionable imho, lol. Wink

Yep, Yobit sucks!  I've asked them many times to update their greencoin wallet and get their node running again.  I don't think it's ever going to happen....they ignore updates to their clients --> Avoid Yobit if at all possible.  ESPECIALLY STAY AWAY FROM THEIR DICE---> Dicey at best!
Thanks Lightsplasher for your answer.

My greencoin are actually on coinexchange and not on yobit because I can't open a wallet on Yobit. If I sell on coinexchange I would lost because the sell price is too low. So I keep them on coinexchange and I hope they will update on yobit or for for dreaming a bit on bittrex ( or poliniex) Smiley

By the way if you have any advice to sell them at the right price i would appreciate thks
Activity: 371
Merit: 250
Hello guys, I bought some Greencoins on coinexhange few days ago. Now the greencoin is $0.002219 and so i make a profit. But on coinexchange if I sell it I lost money. Could someone explain me why ?

I don't understand

Simple explanation: Yobit has not updated the wallet for months so GRE can't be taken on or off.  The price on Coinmarketcap is based in part on this price.

Complex explanation: This appears to be part of Yobit's business model from what I have seen.  Many coins are in the same boat - last I checked.  Purchasing coins there often results in people dumping them at a low rate after they find out that they can't move them off the exchange.  (I've personally done this but have long ago stopped trading on this exchange) Pumping a coin is really easy if you know there is a limited amount of them on the exchange and no new coins are coming in.  If you are one of the few with GRE on Yobit it might be fairly lucrative if you play your cards right.  The ethics of this is highly questionable imho, lol. Wink

I don't understand
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
been following for some months now, so is the 0.1 bounty for having/registering solar panels still a thing? last time it was mentioned on twitter was May
legendary
Activity: 1260
Chris, I'd be happy to donate some from moms and myself again:-)

I don't have a clue how much value this service provides or what would be a decent donation for them though.

Can you make a suggestion on what you think would be a good amount to say our thanks to these chaps?

Feel free to pm if you prefer.
legendary
I dunno man, perhaps something I'm not understanding but it sure seems like you are mad things couldn't go the way you wanted them to.  All I hear is Chris being super nice, professional and stating the facts.  I don't see how you can make comments like "if this is how you show your appreciation", insinuating that he wronged you or insulted you in some way.  I don't get that.

Project has had problems sure, but damn man this is one cool ass dude on a mission that isn't tied to this typical greed and money hungry scam infested crypto world.  If you'd open your eyes you would at least see that and show the man SOME respect for sticking around this project as long as he has.

Heck he essentially offered you the coins you wanted, just couldn't do it in the currency you were asking for moral reasons or whatever it is.  What's the difference in that I don't get either, he VERY nicely put across that you could easily purchase your own Green if you wanted.

I suppose I'm not seeing the full picture here, but your post seemed way off to me.
Merit: 100
Activity: 39
John Henry Clippinger = Developer? Huh
He made a contract for 'Green Coin' in Korea.
'Mutual Benefits of Solar Smart City & Green Coin

interesting http://www.upworthy.com/the-cool-reason-why-these-green-coins-are-becoming-a-currency-in-amsterdam

GreenCoin herein is like the idea linked above, but with the obviousness of being instantly global (and digital).

http://blog.naver.com/ansandreamtv/221041024584
The concept is similar.
In Korea, he is known as the developer of the coin he painted.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
Massive interest on the main exchange! up to 10 sat!!!!

interest or just pump by community ?

just to make things clear as I've received many DMs asking I've zero involvement with greencoin and hold zero coins. All I did was throw in my two cents as I do with many other coins and that was it no follow ups after that. cheers!

this isn't true. We followed up diligently. I offered to pay for your services and you related you only wanted greencoins which I cannot provide directly for. I was interested in the services, however, and taking the coin to the next level technically (like Verge, as you mentioned).

I want other community members to know this because maybe they would like to assist in some way.

did we follow up? seriously can you post where we got into some sort of deal? And did I ask you for greencoins for what reason?
When I said no follow ups I meant helping out any way because that's what many have asked me. All I was saying I've nothing to do with this greencoin someone asked me if I was the one doing the buying/selling fake volume at Coinexchange.io so as it got to that point I wanted to clarify that I'm not the one who's doing the fake trades that keep going back to the same wallets. Also I would advise not to use Yobit they are known scammers. cheers!

The Yobit node has been down for a year now.  I've put in several tickets requesting that they update their client so that I could get the greencoin (paid 20 sats a piece for too)  they've left in limbo for me but I've never received a response.  So, yup, yobit sucks! The greencoin on yobit might as well be burnt!
Merit: 100
Massive interest on the main exchange! up to 10 sat!!!!

interest or just pump by community ?

just to make things clear as I've received many DMs asking I've zero involvement with greencoin and hold zero coins. All I did was throw in my two cents as I do with many other coins and that was it no follow ups after that. cheers!

this isn't true. We followed up diligently. I offered to pay for your services and you related you only wanted greencoins which I cannot provide directly for. I was interested in the services, however, and taking the coin to the next level technically (like Verge, as you mentioned).

I want other community members to know this because maybe they would like to assist in some way.

did we follow up? seriously can you post where we got into some sort of deal? And did I ask you for greencoins for what reason?
When I said no follow ups I meant helping out any way because that's what many have asked me. All I was saying I've nothing to do with this greencoin someone asked me if I was the one doing the buying/selling fake volume at Coinexchange.io so as it got to that point I wanted to clarify that I'm not the one who's doing the fake trades that keep going back to the same wallets. Also I would advise not to use Yobit they are known scammers. cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: