Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin | On Bittrex now! - page 20. (Read 83604 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10
I downloaded the Mac wallet and all I get is No Block Source Available.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Added Greencoin to FastMiner.org

• No registration Needed
  • Immediate Payments
  • Great Performance!
  • Super Stable!

Username:your greencoin wallet address
Password:anything

URL (difficulty Cool:stratum+tcp://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:21008

URL (difficulty 32):stratum+tcp://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:21032
URL (difficulty 2048):stratum+tcp://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:21204
URL (difficulty 1024):stratum+tcp://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:21224
URL (difficulty 256):stratum+tcp://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:21256
URL (difficulty 512):stratum+tcp://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:21512
URL (difficulty 10):stratum+tcp://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:21999

- See more at: http://fastminerltc.cloudapp.net:8080/getting_started#sthash.yNOSX8yq.dpuf

legendary
Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012
Hey everyone,

Apologies for the lack of updates in the last few days. We are working to finalize the new website design / database, and it's been a long process - In combination with some personal family issues causing me to slow down on our side projects (Merged Mining, etc).

I've begun working with and am proud to say that Myriad Coin will be the coin that we will begin Merged Mining with - Still in the testing phases, and since they have several projects underway we just have to be patient.

Thank you for the patience!
Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
Wow.........had to laugh, even with Chris's forum name, I didn't see that one coming lol:-)

Definitely changed the game on the producers list for sure!  Guess I am surely not the big kid on the block anymore:-(  

All good though, GREAT for the coin and the community.......am sure this will have positive reflect on the price.

IMJIM: so Jess' second system is a biofuel production system. Transportation fuels are massively carbon intensive so obviously it'll be an imperative for GreenCoin to include this commodity production sector in the GreenCoin ecosystem. As far as the size of the system a 55 gallon home reactor is actually about as small as it gets oddly enough. This particular size system in the Pacific NW is sometimes known as the "Appleseed Reactor."

The reason why Jess' 55 gallons crammed everyone down so far for that one day is simply just math. Home solar PV does not offset nearly as much carbon as a home biofuel production system. Since Jess was first I had to come up with a calculation for the offset but I feel I erred considerably on the side of caution (i.e., underestimating CO2) and I told him as much in an email. As the Foundation beefs up it's members these are the types of calculations people can sit around and fight about and re-calibrate in the future, but here is my calculation:

- The EPA estimates about 22.38 pounds of CO2 are produced by burning a gallon of diesel fuel. [10.15 kg CO2/gallon]
- based on EPA and other literature I estimated biodiesel lifecycle CO2 emission at 1.97 kg CO2/gal.
- I need to know what the global emissions for diesel fuel are, which include the current biofuel makeup of diesel emissions and I chose 12.41% bio (this is a hard number to find), but several sources indicated this is about right.

So for the global average = 10.15 * 0.8759 + 2.19 * 0.1241 = 9.14 kg CO2/gal
The biodiesel producer then gets 9.14 - 1.97 = 7.17 kg CO2 per gallon

For 55 gallons this is 394 kg CO2. The entire production of the other 6-8 solar producers that get GRE in any given day averages about 71 kg. So for this one day, there was quite a cram for the PV solar guys. Kinda makes you want to be a biofuel producer, no?   Grin Grin Grin Grin

One of the principal reasons I think this calculation errs on the side if caution is that the literature indicates significant energy resources are utilized when crushing soybeans to prepare the vegetable oil for prep as a fuel source. However, with the case in Jess' system, he uses waste vegetable oil so this calculation is not relevant (this crushing step would be considered part of the food production CO2 intensiveness of the oil since it was not specifically grown to be a fuel). There are negative considerations such as home systems having less total efficiency than large-scale systems and  processing WVO to be used as a reactant, however, these are smaller than the energy consideration for crushing, IMO.

Certainly many will agree it is much harder to come up with a single carbon "number" for complex input systems such as biofuel production versus, say, PV solar or onshore wind, which are more homogeneous and have less inputs. I just try to ensure my calculations are well researched, defensible, and err on the side of caution. They can be changed in the future to fit better data models through the Foundation.

As it relates to the total number of coins per day your award will decrease in absolute GRE count in the future obviously, but the hope is as more carbon comes rolling in and the ecosystem "catches on" more, the GRE individual price of GRE will rise.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Wow.........had to laugh, even with Chris's forum name, I didn't see that one coming lol:-)

Definitely changed the game on the producers list for sure!  Guess I am surely not the big kid on the block anymore:-( 

All good though, GREAT for the coin and the community.......am sure this will have positive reflect on the price.
legendary
Today (Or rather yesterday, 7/19/2014) GreenCoin welcomed a biofuel producer for the first time. Jess H. from Seattle (Producer #9) also has a biofuel production system. The Foundation has calculated 7,167 gCO2 per gallon for home biofuel production systems (subject to future revisions).

Yesterday's Payouts:

Producer ID - Name/Location -   System Type    kWh Generated   kg CO2   GreenCoins Paid
#1 - Chris A., Seattle, WA -            PV Solar      5.0                        2.4       6,859.0
#2 - Jim K., Valley Springs, CA -       PV Solar   50.0                       24.1     68,590.2
#3 - Gloria W., Salida, CA -             PV Solar   31.2                       15.0     42,745.4
#4 - Kyle F., Orinda, CA -               PV Solar   28.0                       13.5     38,410.5
#5 - Chris L., Oxford, UK -              PV Solar     3.0                        1.4       4,115.4
#6 - Geraint M., Milton Keynes, UK - PV Solar   12.6                      6.1     17,264.2
#7 - Paul W., Salisbury East, AUS -   PV Solar     0.0                        0.0              0.0
#8 - Shayne W., Epsom, Victoria, AUS - PV Solar  0.0                        0.0              0.0
#9 - Jess H., Seattle, WA -               PV Solar   13.0                        6.2     17,806.0
#10 - Jess H., Seattle, WA -   Biodiesel-WVO 55 (gal)                     394.2   1,124,209.2

Moving Forward, GRE are becoming harder and harder to obtain.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★
Since the beginning I'm worried about the impact of mining on the environment. Obviously I was wrong (assuming the numbers are correct).

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/microscope-conclusions-costs-bitcoin

Even if so, supporting something like Greencoin makes sense. The goal of the coin is to offset CO2 emmissions by paying out environmentally friendly producers. When the price of GRE goes up, these people can realize those profits from the coin and add on to their network, and miners can also realize those profits into their own solar/wind network. Either way, using the coins to sponsor companies or people, and spotlight their achievements is a positive thing for the coin and all involved.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Since the beginning I'm worried about the impact of mining on the environment. Obviously I was wrong (assuming the numbers are correct).

Source: http://www.coindesk.com/microscope-conclusions-costs-bitcoin
CoinQuacker
buying GRE this week
Activity: 910

Join us now on Kingcoiny and trade your Greencoin for only 0.15% right now.

https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=GRE

See you soon on Kingcoiny !

Ben
CEO Cryptocoiny Limited
Kingcoiny is a trademark of Cryptocoiny Limited.
CoinQuacker
39 days of hard work paying off. Congrats all.

legendary
Currently working on a call for the Console in the Wallet that will allow users to retrieve the following information, based on their personal wallet (called getmycarbonoffset) and also the entire GreenCoin network (getcarbonoffset)

The following is just small example of what the current return is.

Code:
{
    "Personal C02 Offset" : 1.00000000,
    "Personal C02 Offset - Immature" : 0.00000000,
    "GreenCoins Available" : 108482000,
    "GreenCoin Network C02 Offset - kg" : 580000.00000000,
    "Gallons of Gasoline" : 65269.14000000,
    "Pounds of Coal Burned" : 622997.14000000,
    "Tanker Trucks' of Gasoline" : 7.54000000,
    "Wind Turbines Installed" : 0.15660000,
    "Annual Home Energy Use" : 52.89600000,
    "Annual Home Electricity Use" : 79.80800000,
    "Railcars of Coal Burned" : 3.09140000,
    "Incandascent Bulbs switched to CFLs" : 15157.33140000,
    "Consumed Barrels of Oil" : 1361.06860000,
    "Propane Cylinders for Home Barbeques" : 24158.93140000,
    "Coal Fired Power Plants" : 0.00020000,
    "Equivalent Tree Seedling Carbon Sequestration" : 14878.93140000,
    "Equivalent Acres of Forests Carbon Sequestration" : 464.00000000,
    "Equivalent Acres of Preserved US Forests" : 4.06000000
}

Also, we've been granted access to BitPay's API and are excited to mention that we are working with that API on a few merchant solutions - details of which will be announced ASAP.
Activity: 910

Join us now on Kingcoiny and trade your Greencoin for only 0.15% right now.

https://www.kingcoiny.com/index.php?page=trade&market=GRE

See you soon on Kingcoiny !

Ben
CEO Cryptocoiny Limited
Kingcoiny is a trademark of Cryptocoiny Limited.
Great news Panda! Glad that is working out, and hopefully we can really get that rolling! Cheesy
legendary
Just an update that we are working to make GRE merged mineable.

This is taking a lot of work, and if you are able to help in any way please let me know!

All work being done is available on our GitHub Beta Branch of the GreenCoin repository.

https://github.com/greencoindev/GreenCoin/tree/beta
legendary
is greencoin accepted by, or will be soon, any renwable energy equi[ment suppliers? e.g GRE for panels or turbines?mmm, maybe a business opportunity for me

These kinds of things are being discussed with local renewable energy suppliers. The biggest concern at the moment is to actually sign up the larger companies that have solar power of their own that can then pass on GreenCoin to their clients.

One of the large website updates is to make it easier for producers to report their energy production, and also for new producers to be signed up. As the process become simpler it will in turn become more desirable - We have spent a lot of money and time on this update, so as soon it's live we will be sure to let everyone know.
Activity: 810
is greencoin accepted by, or will be soon, any renwable energy equi[ment suppliers? e.g GRE for panels or turbines?mmm, maybe a business opportunity for me
legendary
Activity: 1260
Nope, not letting me withdrawal my GRE either:-(  Can't withdrawal any of the coin I have there and they are completely ignoring my tickets now for 2 days!

Any suggestions to course of action?

Any luck with coinader? If it's not going well I'll remove them from one of the exchange links on the greencoin homepage.

Yeah Chris..........remove em man.  I have messaged them EVERYWHERE I could find and they continue to ignore!  I lost a mil of my precious GRE to these clowns and not looking like I will ever hear from them let alone get my coins back.  Even if they gave em back at this point, I would never trade there again.  No excuse for any exchange to go 24 hours ignoring something like this, let alone 4 days.

What really pisses my off is that I had no desire to even sell any of my GRE but thought it would help the coin and community to get some more spread among the exchanges, so was trying to be a nice guy.  Oh well, live and learn!

Noticed we have a few more producers on the list, someone even knocked me off the big boy's chair for a day:-)  Good work bro!!

Panda and I can make up for the 1 Mil bro -- so sorry about Coinader. I'm traveling now but will certainly update the website Sunday night to remove them from the greencoin homepage. These types of growing pains happen. I lost 100k in one of the original pools (altcoin pool, which disappeared).

Your help spreading coins out among the other exchanges is very much appreciated. Yeah, one of my guys found a huge solar array in Seattle of all places that gives your system a run for its money! Coin on brother!

Ha......no worries man, glad to see the producer list growing.  I was nice being the big kid on the block for a little bit:-)

All good with Coinader brother, chalked it up to a learning lesson.

Have safe travels my friend.

Hey Freen........I'll match that 10k with you bud.  Just let me know the addy to send to when you get the winner, glad to help!
I'm giving the 100th follower on Twitter 10,000 GRE as a thank you! Follow us at @GoGreenCoin and tweet your GRE address if you're the 100th follower. I'll try to watch as best I can, be honest!!
legendary
Hey everyone,

Just to let you all know that www.grcoin.com will be undergoing a HUGE update on the 21st of July (roughly 8 days!). Until then, the website updating may be fairly slow as biodieselchris is out of town and he does them on a daily basis.

Pardon our dust!
Pages:
Jump to: