Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRS][DMD][DGB] Pallas optimized groestl opencl kernels - page 2. (Read 61229 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
try with another driver version:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8787566

you don't need to install the whole driver, just put the opencl.dll file in the sgminer executable folder and run.
Are u using Linux? I've found some info dating 2014 year saying video drivers under linux(especially 14.6) runs better for groestl.
i've tried 14.6_beta, 14.7_rc3 - no difference at all. also played with .bin .cl files.

btw do u have a hawaii.cl file ? Using groestlcoin.cl gives rejected shares 100% on DiamondCoin
sgminer-5.4.0-nicehash - gives little better +1-1.5Mh/s hashrate
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer

does it submit valid shares?
if you look one or two pages back, there are alternative links for the v1 sources.

1-2 pages ago there is a same link as on page №1. Do i need to use this bin file along with v1 or v2 kernel files(.cl) ? If so - where to get them ? Links are broken (((

You should use a bin file OR a cl file (which will generate the bins itself).
Here is an alternative link to the v1 sources:

https://app.box.com/s/9vikvemf7acio3uns7taorodqmod42ej
Got this. Thanks for sharing link. I've downloaded .cl file, deleted existing .bin and tried to run sgminer with following command line:
sgminer.exe -k diamond -o stratum+tcp://eu.miningfield.com:3376 -u x -p x --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 --intensity 22
same results 10-11Mh/s per one 7950 card. The one that overclocked to 1200Mhz core/1450Mhz mem runs 11Mhs. Not even near 18Mh/s that i've seen in this thread. I am using 4.1.1 sgminer, do i need to use other version ?

try with another driver version:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8787566

you don't need to install the whole driver, just put the opencl.dll file in the sgminer executable folder and run.

if you look one or two pages back, there are alternative links for the v1 sources.

1-2 pages ago there is a same link as on page №1. Do i need to use this bin file along with v1 or v2 kernel files(.cl) ? If so - where to get them ? Links are broken (((

Got this. Thanks for sharing link. I've downloaded .cl file, deleted existing .bin and tried to run sgminer with following command line:
sgminer.exe -k diamond -o stratum+tcp://eu.miningfield.com:3376 -u x -p x --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 --intensity 22
same results 10-11Mh/s per one 7950 card. The one that overclocked to 1200Mhz core/1450Mhz mem runs 11Mhs. Not even near 18Mh/s that i've seen in this thread. I am using 4.1.1 sgminer, do i need to use other version ?
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Hey, guys. Running 2x7950 GPU's (Asus and Gigabyte). After installing 14.6 instead of 15.12 catalyst my hashrate on mining Diamond Coin increased from 6.2(1st GPU) and 6.6(2nd GPU) to significant 10.2(1st) and 11.09(2nd)Mh/s !!!

Looking for more improvement. Links on first message are broken. Where to get v2 experimental cl kernel, pls ? Send to [email protected] someone kind please.

For best result, you need to get Wolf0's Tahiti bin, see first post.

I've downloaded Wolf's bin on first page. Delete my old .bin files after i copied their names, then pasted Wolf's bin and renamed it to copied string. Correct ?
It gives me significant small hashrate at 700Kilo hashes per card  Shocked
What's wrong ? sgminer v.4.1.0(got it from diamond mining page).

Hey, guys. Running 2x7950 GPU's (Asus and Gigabyte). After installing 14.6 instead of 15.12 catalyst my hashrate on mining Diamond Coin increased from 6.2(1st GPU) and 6.6(2nd GPU) to significant 10.2(1st) and 11.09(2nd)Mh/s !!!

Looking for more improvement. Links on first message are broken. Where to get v2 experimental cl kernel, pls ? Send to [email protected] someone kind please.

I've downloaded Wolf's bin on first page. Delete my old .bin files after i copied their names, then pasted Wolf's bin and renamed it to copied string. Correct ?
It gives me significant small hashrate at 700Kilo hashes per card  Shocked
What's wrong ? sgminer v.4.1.0(got it from diamond mining page).
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
If you are looking for the closed source myriad groestl miner (for DGB, SFR, etc.) look here:

https://satoshibox.com/fttcfvpiyhbod7ueidmgdhym
legendary
Black Belt Developer
tried with 15.7,15.12 and 14.12  opencl.dll files. no real difference, tried it with the different groestlcoin.cl, groestlcoin-v1.cl, and groestlcoin-v2.cl types as well.   v2 still being the fastest. no real improvement using the different opencl.dll with the varying groestlcoin.cl (maybe <1% difference if anything).

also try renaming the latest hawaii bin to use on your card.
it may work.
so rename, diamondHawaiiw128l8.bin to groestlcoinEllesmeregw256l4.bin? I tried that and no real change either.
(P.S. I appreciate your assistance with this pallas, thanks for your time)

You're welcome.
Then a specific tuning for polaris is needed, unfortunately I do not have such a card and don't plan to buy it in the near future.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
tried with 15.7,15.12 and 14.12  opencl.dll files. no real difference, tried it with the different groestlcoin.cl, groestlcoin-v1.cl, and groestlcoin-v2.cl types as well.   v2 still being the fastest. no real improvement using the different opencl.dll with the varying groestlcoin.cl (maybe <1% difference if anything).

it may work.
so rename, diamondHawaiiw128l8.bin to groestlcoinEllesmeregw256l4.bin? I tried that and no real change either.
(P.S. I appreciate your assistance with this pallas, thanks for your time)
legendary
Black Belt Developer

it may work.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
any updates or settings for the rx 480? for just groestl.

Did you try running it? Does it work and what speed?
20mh/s with the groestl-v2.cl i found in one of the other miner downloads, i think from nicehash.
with original file about 19 mh/s

could you try with another driver version, something from 2015? you don't need to replace the main driver of your system, just copy the opencl.dll file into the sgminer folder and remove the bin files.

20mh/s with the groestl-v2.cl i found in one of the other miner downloads, i think from nicehash.
with original file about 19 mh/s
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Activity: 610
Merit: 500
some more details and hashrates Smiley ?

Will you port them on Pascal? I am more interested there, hawaii it's an old architecture unfortunately, due the power consumption values.

Speed: 63 Mh/s on r9 290x @1100/150. It is compatible with stock miner.
Hawaii is still very good on groestl, whirlpool and similar algos (with big tables).
but what about the 7970 and 280x
legendary
Black Belt Developer
some more details and hashrates Smiley ?

Will you port them on Pascal? I am more interested there, hawaii it's an old architecture unfortunately, due the power consumption values.

Speed: 63 Mh/s on r9 290x @1100/150. It is compatible with stock miner.
Hawaii is still very good on groestl, whirlpool and similar algos (with big tables).
Pages:
Jump to: