Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRS][DMD][DGB] Pallas optimized groestl opencl kernels - page 3. (Read 61229 times)

Activity: 445
Merit: 255
some more details and hashrates Smiley ?

Will you port them on Pascal? I am more interested there, hawaii it's an old architecture unfortunately, due the power consumption values.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Wanted to play with satoshibox, here is a link for the private myr-groestl binary:

https://satoshibox.com/fttcfvpiyhbod7ueidmgdhym
legendary
Black Belt Developer
280x: best kernel is Wolf0's which is available as bin only.
Memory clock: set is as low as possible, less power used and higher core overclocking possibility.
Link to the sources: original is currently not working but some posts ago I provided alternatives.
Solo mine: yes.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Spent a lot more time trying to get this working than I care to admit, however I finally got it running and would just like to say thank you!

R9-280x - 23Mh/s

1090Mhz Clock
Stock Memory Clock
0% Power Limit

My only question is that I was never able to find a working download link for your .cl file, I just replaced the .bin file with that from Wolf. Not sure if I would get better results having your .cl file as well but if anyone can provide a working link to that, it would be most appreciated. Given my confusion on how to get started, here is what I did in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

1) Download SPH SG-Miner
2) Run it and connect it to a pool, where it will generate a .bin file in the root folder of the Miner
3) Download Wolf's Tahiti Binary (https://ottrbutt.com/miner/wolf-groestlcoinTahitigw256l4.bin)
4) Place the Binary file into the root folder of the Miner, rename it to that of the one in Step 2 and delete or replace the original

Another question I have is if I can solo mine using this?
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Just look some posts up yours.
Ooops.. Now the link is working (was err 404 before)
Sorry for disturbing.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Can you, please, put the file into another location, and give us a new link? This is dead.
Thanks.

Just look some posts up yours.
Activity: 130
Merit: 10

Can you, please, put the file into another location, and give us a new link? This is dead.
Thanks.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Yes, I'm using 15.3.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Is anyone still mining this algo? What coins?
BTW, first post as legendary...

Hi!

I try to mine DMD. BTW, the links from your first post are not working (still can't try version2 bin).
I've found groestlcoin-v1.cl in the sgminer distribution.
On my HD7790 I get ~4.0 Mh on standart diamond.cl, and 4.7 Mh on your optimized kernel groestlcoin-v1.cl.
The fastest results I got with Wolf0's Tahiti bin. It is 8.5 Mh. Unfortunately, it's still too low to get the DMD mining profitable on Radeon HD7790.
So, I'll have to stay on MYR-Groestl, which gives 17.5 Mh on optimized kernel from ghostlander.

Which version of catalyst did you use? Usually 15.3 gives best results.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

Hi!

I try to mine DMD. BTW, the links from your first post are not working (still can't try version2 bin).
I've found groestlcoin-v1.cl in the sgminer distribution.
On my HD7790 I get ~4.0 Mh on standart diamond.cl, and 4.7 Mh on your optimized kernel groestlcoin-v1.cl.
The fastest results I got with Wolf0's Tahiti bin. It is 8.5 Mh. Unfortunately, it's still too low to get the DMD mining profitable on Radeon HD7790.
So, I'll have to stay on MYR-Groestl, which gives 17.5 Mh on optimized kernel from ghostlander.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Are there binaries/kernel for Myr-Gr?
It seems only gr-gr are posted?
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
@wolf0 do you have anything better than the neocrypt kernel u leaked on feathercoin thread?  I am getting 278KHs on 7950 and 295 on 280x

I didn't leak that, I released it. Checking my records...

EDIT: Okay, most recent record of Neoscrypt I have is 12/23/2014 (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/neoscryptwolf-12232014.png
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
Could someone please share their hashrate with r9 285? I'm curious to see if it outperforms the 280 and how much power it uses.

on diamond mining ,my msi r9 270 oc 1060  does 9.4mh with pitcairn.bin

so i m now testing r9 380 tonga

i have sgminer dmd 4.1.0 , last drivers

i remember i replace the diamond.cl in the past
with default bin it s running at 7mh  stock gpu speed and oc to 1080 7.1mh

with wolf 280x bin (if i remember it s that one) it runs at
15.4.mh asus strix 380 2G stock @ 970   and 17.06mh oc @1080
15.8mh Sapphire Nitro R9 380 2G D5  stock @ 1000  and 16.8mh oc @1080

i don't know why Sapphire are slower
most of the link here are dead so i can't check if i have the good bin's & cl

so they slower than the 280

on skein i m doing 208mh @1080, and reported speed of 280x are 185mh if i remember

here is the original bin what sgminer build

http://www.megafileupload.com/no4y/diamondTongaglg2tc10624w256l4.default.bin

legendary
Black Belt Developer
It was only the wind.
Pallas, can you  rewrite this groesl-256 implementation to a groestl-512 and add it to sgminer (x11,x13,x15).?

Sorry for the delay.
That would be nice, but everybody's using wolf0's binaries, so why? It would make sense if there is a plan to opensource optimized versions of most of the algos.

I'm guessing sp_ wants you to do the work for him Tongue
It was only the wind.
Some of competitors are awake, taking exercises with pen and paper to get all AES-wannabees at once Cheesy

Wolf0 claims to know aes from the inside backwords and forwards. Me too.

The answer is SEA :-)

Dunno what SEA means, but for AMD, you can do it classic, you can do it table-based, or you can do it classic with a twist: Convert to bitslice form. do the S-box, and convert it right back, doing the rest of the ops classic-style, with some optimization tricks.

I would not advise doing it the way Christian did for Nvidia - lack of shfl().
Pages:
Jump to: