Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] BoatPilot - integrated marine Navigation Service with AR capabilites - page 88. (Read 38063 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
Greetings and thank you for your questions!

Is there any way to get a premium account for pulling the ads in the app?
There are no plans for additional paid features at the moment.

How much will the app with the maps in average be?
It will depend on the region. For example, the app with available map of Mediterranean takes 175 Mb.

I have a good-read of the site and the White Paper and came to conclusion that the project really worth to invest!!! Grin Grin Grin
You are more than welcome!

Best wishes,
BoatPilot team.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
I have a good-read of the site and the White Paper and came to conclusion that the project really worth to invest!!! Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
How much will the app with the maps in average be?
Activity: 405
Is there any way to get a premium account for pulling the ads in the app?
Hello!

BoatPilot has signed agreements with several charter and service companies. Could you please show them?
By late 2017 we’ve signed agreements with an array of international companies and regional representatives, and will provide a full list of partners in January of 2018 via a respective press release. You also can find some of our partners' logos in White Paper https://www.boatpilot.io/docs/BoatPilot_White_Paper_EN.pdf on p. 37

Now there is private sale right? How can I become a participant? Or did I have to wait the public sale?
Yes, you're right. It's a Private Placement at the moment. The open stage will start on March, 1. The minimum amount of NAVI tokens purchased during the closed stage is $25,000 (equivalent in ETH, BTC, BCH, LTC).

Best wishes,
BoatPilot team.
Activity: 364
Now there is private sale right? How can I become a participant? Or did I have to wait the public sale?
Activity: 260
Merit: 15
BoatPilot has signed agreements with several charter and service companies. Could you please show them?
Hello! Thanks for asking!

And how many yachtsmen already use BoatPilot when navigating?

In the season, 4 500 yachts use our application for navigation. We believe that this is not bad result for a new product. In addition, we covered only one region - the Mediterranean region.

I would also like to understand the competitive landscape. Is there competition to be expected from companies like Google or are there other (known) players in this niche?

Google is not is not present in the yacht navigation market yet, because it is a specific area. The three key players on the marine cartography market are Jeppesen (18%), Transas Marine (12%), and Navionics (8%). We have real advantages over them, becouse BoatPilot is the first integrated marine navigation service with augmented reality capabilities for private and commercial yachting markets. BoatPilot is completely free to all end users.

What currency will be refund if I purchase tokens in ETH, and the Soft Cap is not reached?

We are pretty sure, that the project will be successful. Anyway, the refund will be realized in ETH.

Kind regards,
BoatPilot team
Activity: 386
What currency will be refund if I purchase tokens in ETH, and the Soft Cap is not reached?
Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
I would also like to understand the competitive landscape. Is there competition to be expected from companies like Google or are there other (known) players in this niche?
Activity: 378
And how many yachtsmen already use BoatPilot when navigating?
Hello!

What are the main goals of your project? In which way are you going to do it?

We plan: 1. to become the world’s leading marine navigation solution for mobile devices (phones and tablets), and built-in navigation systems produced by equipment manufacturers; 2.to provide everyone in the yachting industry a convenient and fully functional platform to advertise products and services in a market that is estimated to be worth over $200 billion annually.

Will all the existing AR-goggles models support your navigation program?

We implemented a separate app, modest in its resource demands, specifically for Epson AR glasses. The app works in parallel with the main BoatPilot application, receiving data on the planned route, waypoints, and other key information. The Epson headset application is responsible for visualizing and superimposing all the necessary navigational information on the surface. As such, after setting the necessary objectives on the navigator, skippers can concentrate completely on yacht control, without being distracted by the navigator screen and dash. We plan to significantly expand the list of supported AR headset manufacturers in 2018.

It seems to me, if you monetize the project only by advertising, it will annoy too much, and nobody will want to use this service. Nobody likes obsessive advertising, right?

Advertising will be just thematic, and it will be so convenient that users will not be annoyed by it. The task of advertising in the application is not only monetization, but also informing the user and facilitating communication with those who can offer specialized services. You will see only offers of services that you may need - where to fix the yacht, where to rent, where to eat vegetarian food, for example.

Best regards,
BoatPilot team
Activity: 294
It seems to me, if you monetize the project only by advertising, it will annoy too much, and nobody will want to use this service. Nobody likes obsessive advertising, right?
Activity: 294
Will all the existing AR-goggles models support your navigation program?
Activity: 308
What are the main goals of your project? In which way are you going to do it?
Thanks for asking!

If now i invest 50k usd, I will have 75% bonus ? if now i invest 100k usdt , I will have 1.428.571 navi and 100% bonus = total 2.857.142 navi coin. Am I right?

It is correct — you're gonna get 75% bonus (extra tokens). Yes, you are absolutely right.

Charter business is interested in the possibility of remote control of the vessel, your BoatGod gives such an opportunity? earlier you've written that he is close to smart things

We are developing a hardware module called BoatGod, which allows a navigation program installed on a tablet computer to connect to onboard networks, thereby providing the ability to analyze information and receive/send data to the onboard network. Additionally, BoatGod users will be able to control onboard devices such as the vessel's autopilot, engine, onboard lighting, and media system. With BoatGod, skippers will be able to monitor the status of all the vessel's systems and manage them. We also plan to give BoatGod capabilities to remotely control NMEA-compatible devices.
The end users of these solutions are not only private owners, but also large charter companies interested in remotely monitoring all onboard systems, from electronic devices to engines, of vessels currently in use by their clients.
BoatGod will allow users to fully control the vessel, collect and analyze geo-information to refine navigational data, and quickly obtain navigational information synchronized with personal mobile devices.

I checked address Token smart-contract, and sale smart contract in etherscan.io, but I don`t see navi token balance your wallet ?

Yes, the total supply is not displayed on the token contract. If you want to see how many tokens are provided on the contract for sale in the Private Placement and TGE phases, you can call a method firstStageTotalSupply and secondStageTotalSupply on the sale smart-contract and get all the information.

Kind regards,
BoatPilot team
Activity: 216
I checked address Token smart-contract, and sale smart contract in etherscan.io, but I don`t see navi token balance your wallet ?
Activity: 332
Charter business is interested in the possibility of remote control of the vessel, your BoatGod gives such an opportunity? earlier you've written that he is close to smart things
Activity: 324
If now i invest 50k usd, I will have 75% bonus ? if now i invest 100k usdt , I will have 1.428.571 navi and 100% bonus = total 2.857.142 navi coin. Am I right?
Hi! Thanks a lot for questions!

I know that the maps are very heavy, the same Mediterranean, you say that you have covered this region, it can weigh more than 10 gigabytes. I've came across this problem, and what did you do not to lose the quality of the cards?

The reason is that most data suppliers (for example, OSM) are bloated and lack optimal storage structures. For example, a coastline contour can be encoded as 1,000 curves with a resolution of 1 meter, but it is much more efficient to present it as 10 curves with a resolution of 100 meters without significant loss of accuracy. Depth charts can be presented with a vertical resolution of 0.1 meters, which is also clearly excessive for the private yachting sector. Additionally, using several data suppliers means that part of the information is duplicated. All of the above raise reasons for optimization to make the database usable on mobile devices. One of the ways we choose to solve the size problem is by using variable resolutions depending on depth. For example, having 1-meter resolution for depths up to 5 meters, and raising the resolution as depth increases. This does not
affect navigational capabilities, but significantly enhances performance and reduces the amount of data stored and processed.

You've said BoatPilot is a chartplotter, and it a little bit differs from a navigator. So why don`t you work like a regular navigator?

Yes, BoatPilot is more like chartplotter, not navigator. Initially, the chartplotter is a paper map with depth. The usual navigators do not show the depth.

Are you going to put into paid features as premium account for pulling the ads in the app?

There are no plans for additional paid features at the moment.

Kind regards,
BoatPilot team
Pages:
Jump to: