Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] PROEMTHEUS: ◄► First Decentralized Email System ◄► - page 3. (Read 10279 times)

Activity: 474
Merit: 251
pre-sale is ended? crowdsale is start and still running? I want join crowdsale sir
give me detile info, I don't see detile
thank you
Activity: 52
Merit: 0

From what I have looked around Proemtheus is the first team to propose an independent email.
For our team to have an independent email means:
- decentralized accounts
- keep all user data private
It also means that even if Proemtheus will cease to exist you can use our software to have an active email account.

Proemtheus will not be a platform in the way you are calling it, meaning it will NOT be a closed system, but rather a different email that works seamlessly with the current email but in the meantime offer unique features.

In the case of email the existing system simply cannot be changed/improved because this will mean to cut off all free service offering companies from the pool of user data you know as profile. From exploiting this resource they make profits.

Hope I have address all your comments

Seems great, looking forward to more info!

Thank you. I guess we can count on you as a contributor  Smiley
Activity: 260
Merit: 100

From what I have looked around Proemtheus is the first team to propose an independent email.
- decentralized accounts
It also means that even if Proemtheus will cease to exist you can use our software to have an active email account.

Proemtheus will not be a platform in the way you are calling it, meaning it will NOT be a closed system, but rather a different email that works seamlessly with the current email but in the meantime offer unique features.

In the case of email the existing system simply cannot be changed/improved because this will mean to cut off all free service offering companies from the pool of user data you know as profile. From exploiting this resource they make profits.

Seems great, looking forward to more info!
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534

- decentralized accounts

Hello.

Thanks for your answer you addressed almost all the comments.
That is nice to hear you plan to implement an open system.

My question was related about reuse of existing codebase of other projects or other similar project or collaboration
with developers that aim to decentralize services.

I have seen your latest post in the thread and it speak about "Mailinabox".
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21550317
I have never heard of it until now. Smiley

The question is could you reuse this code and build on top of that your email client or collaborate with the developer of that system
or you plan to build  the client from zero?

Also when it comes to email storage how your email clients will store the data ?
Can it use existing decentralized platforms / projects like Sia, Stor-J , datacoin, Burst to store data
or maybe integrate one of those existing applications:
https://prism-break.org/en/all/#file-storage-sync

specifically this one: https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs

or you have to build this also from 0 as well?

If so what would be the reasons to build the system from 0 and not reuse the existing code?!

How does change services like mailinabox and protonmail? Will this system still work with legacy the legacy system? How does the team plan on interacting with businesses and business account? If migration is necessary, are there plans for that already?

If these questions are answered elsewhere, please let me know.

Protonmail is purely a centralized provider similar to Gmail just that they promise you privacy for inbox and sent emails within their network.
There is one purely mumbo jumbo marketing speech about the datacenter being under 1000 meters of solid rock bla bla like you ever heard of a hard break into a data center. Sorry, a "bunker" like they advertise it.
Also there is one partial mumbo jumbo speech about swiss privacy. Switzerland is not the heaven on privacy and you can look at the banking system. People keep money in swiss accounts to conserve them as a backup, otherwise Swiss has signed an agreement with the EU that will align Swiss bank practices with those of EU countries, and in effect will end the special secrecy that EU-resident clients of Swiss banks had enjoyed in the past.
It's not a bad service but it's just a step forward, Proemtheus is talking about a leap.
And you must ask yourself if Protonmail is free, who is paying for the data bunker and everything? I mean doing a good to humanity is ok, but if it has a cost who is paying? And for how long?

Mailinabox is somehow what we have in mind but first of all I see it's rather complicated to set up for the usual user. We aim for GUI and clicks.
They provide only the server part and not the email client. We will provide a complete solution, and also many features for the client because this is the most important element for the average user. The client UI the user sees and works within.
They offer the service only for Own_domain.Users. We plan to offer the service also for users not having their own domain (you can see this in our roadmap).
It's pricey ... USD 12/month and i will stop here.

The business account is a totally different story as that email is governed by the company/employer rules. We will present a solution for this area but further down the way.
Proemtheus will not be a closed system, it will work seamlessly with existing email from any provider.
Migration will be covered. After all we emphasized about email being the core of each user we don't expect them to start over with an empty account in 2017.

As soon as we release the new website with more comprehensive details and the updated whitepaper we will announce it here. Definetly one should read it.
Activity: 4
How does change services like mailinabox and protonmail? Will this system still work with legacy the legacy system? How does the team plan on interacting with businesses and business account? If migration is necessary, are there plans for that already?

If these questions are answered elsewhere, please let me know.
Activity: 308
We have decided to extend the presale until 20.09
The simple truth is that no sufficient funds have been raised because we burned the become popular enough stage.

Right now, our efforts are concentrated on:
- overhauling our design to display more comprehensive and clear information
- put emphasis on some details previously left in the background
- soon we expect to start a good marketing campaign
- also we expanded the team with developers and advisors

We believe this is a solid project and we prefer to pause/delay, optimize and then move forward rather than go on a wrong path and mess things up.

Bear with us please, it's our first ICO  Wink

I really believe in your project will be successful later,
keep working hard so that many investors are interested to invest in this project
brand new
Activity: 0
This made me curious to keep following future development anyway.
Activity: 260
This made me curious to keep following future development anyway.

same here... still holding my fingers crossed though, as it's a nice idea
Activity: 290
Air drop and bounty can increase the heat of your community and become a hot pursuit
We have decided to extend the presale until 20.09
The simple truth is that no sufficient funds have been raised because we burned the become popular enough stage.

Right now, our efforts are concentrated on:
- overhauling our design to display more comprehensive and clear information
- put emphasis on some details previously left in the background
- soon we expect to start a good marketing campaign
- also we expanded the team with developers and advisors

We believe this is a solid project and we prefer to pause/delay, optimize and then move forward rather than go on a wrong path and mess things up.

Bear with us please, it's our first ICO  Wink
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Hi guys,

how is the pre-sale going?

there are many ICO projects, but few good projects.
 the project seems to be of high quality,
 decentralization of mail service system,
and Shared cloud service projects,
which should be worth investing.

Hello.

Also a lot of projects try to do the same or similar things

https://cointelegraph.com/news/substratum-ico-promises-to-build-free-and-fair-internet

Could maybe the developer collaborate to achieve this goals together
instead making each their own platform / product?!

Also I have seen before that this crypto decentralization mania exploded
that already where existing systems to achieve this but question is why this projects did not take up
and are still used by small number of people.

Check here:
https://prism-break.org/en/all/

Social Networks
File sharing
Instant Messaging
Networking
Web Search
etc...

All exists for free and I'm wondering why new similar systems
are needed and we require to pay for them?!

Don't get me wrong I support  the idea of a decentralized email platform or any other platform that gives control
to users but I' wondering why things are done in this way of making separate platforms(products)
instead contributing or collaborating  to improve existing systems and to make them main stream.

- decentralized accounts

Activity: 174
Activity: 424
Is Proemtheus the same as this Proemtheus https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054923.0?
Otherwise why the name can be the same?
Or if yes why did you create a new thread not forward the old one anyway?
So I sent some Eth, completed the form, and have heard nothing. Found the referral link, but when will I get a confirmation of coins? And where will they be?

thank you for your contribution.
We try to reply to every contributor as fast as possible.
As we mentioned before after presale we'll contact every contributor with his exact number of tokens considering bonuses.
Activity: 9
So I sent some Eth, completed the form, and have heard nothing. Found the referral link, but when will I get a confirmation of coins? And where will they be?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
As I know, sometimes ago the project was stopped. And now the team continues to work in this direction. So, what have you changed on this time?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
there are many ICO projects, but few good projects.
 the project seems to be of high quality,
 decentralization of mail service system,
and Shared cloud service projects,
which should be worth investing.

Hello.

Also a lot of projects try to do the same or similar things

https://cointelegraph.com/news/substratum-ico-promises-to-build-free-and-fair-internet

Could maybe the developer collaborate to achieve this goals together
instead making each their own platform / product?!

Also I have seen before that this crypto decentralization mania exploded
that already where existing systems to achieve this but question is why this projects did not take up
and are still used by small number of people.

Check here:
https://prism-break.org/en/all/

Social Networks
File sharing
Instant Messaging
Networking
Web Search
etc...

All exists for free and I'm wondering why new similar systems
are needed and we require to pay for them?!

Don't get me wrong I support  the idea of a decentralized email platform or any other platform that gives control
to users but I' wondering why things are done in this way of making separate platforms(products)
instead contributing or collaborating  to improve existing systems and to make them main stream.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
The Greek translation is complete and posted here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.21407123`
Pages:
Jump to: