Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO]✅✅✅ WHITELISTING NOW! Verify - The Future of Reputation ✅✅✅ - page 5. (Read 31495 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 104
Hello, do you have Russian thread? Thanks
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
the team is very strong , i think that is good project worth to invest

This is interesting project, verify is a reputation protocol that tracks the transaction history of participants (buyers, sellers) and unlocks benefits for those with good reputation. I think this project very useful because can make sure buyer and seller to transaction with safe
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Verify is an Ethereum-powered Reputation protocol
So first off when I saw reputation, I though verify was a marketplace kind of thing. But then I heard it was a protocol. So then I thought perhaps the reputation is made on a seller's individual address through the CRED tokens. But then won't CRED tokens be able to be purchased on an exchange?  Huh

Trust comes from reputation -- and reputation is a history of transactions (with each transaction having an expected outcome, and an actual outcome or end-result). What we do is extend credit, in the form of CRED tokens, to sellers so they get advance payment in proportion to their reputation.

So:
- Sellers with high reputation get all their transactions paid out instantly
- Sellers with no reputation will get paid once the buyer is happy (i.e. escrow situation)

CRED tokens are an "insurance policy" on transactions in the Verify network. This is explained in a ton of detail in our whitepaper.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
What makes Verify different to an escrow? For example, online escrow bots or trusted individuals? To be honest, an escrow would still be a safer option in a trade. Don't you think so?

Escrows are good for buyers, but they're terrible for sellers -- especially if these sellers have any serious transaction volume. The more orders you get, the more money you have locked up in the escrow -- and that really hurts cash-flow. Since any payment solution would have to integrate with sellers first before buyers can use it, it's obvious why no escrow service has been able to take the market by storm.

Reputation solves the problem that escrows cannot: it allows you to pay sellers instantly, while still providing buyers 100% protection.
I am still a bit confused about how reputation solves that problem. Sorry, I am bad at these kinds of stuff. Is reputation basically the profile of a seller that is verified by CRED tokens?
I"d like to know about this also!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
the team is very strong , i think that is good project worth to invest
Activity: 385
Merit: 266
I am still a bit confused about how reputation solves that problem. Sorry, I am bad at these kinds of stuff. Is reputation basically the profile of a seller that is verified by CRED tokens?
So first off when I saw reputation, I though verify was a marketplace kind of thing. But then I heard it was a protocol. So then I thought perhaps the reputation is made on a seller's individual address through the CRED tokens. But then won't CRED tokens be able to be purchased on an exchange?  Huh
Activity: 15
Activity: 385
Merit: 266
What makes Verify different to an escrow? For example, online escrow bots or trusted individuals? To be honest, an escrow would still be a safer option in a trade. Don't you think so?

Escrows are good for buyers, but they're terrible for sellers -- especially if these sellers have any serious transaction volume. The more orders you get, the more money you have locked up in the escrow -- and that really hurts cash-flow. Since any payment solution would have to integrate with sellers first before buyers can use it, it's obvious why no escrow service has been able to take the market by storm.

Reputation solves the problem that escrows cannot: it allows you to pay sellers instantly, while still providing buyers 100% protection.
Whitelist Announcement
Whitelist now open to our first 500 early supporters in telegram here and that fill the form found in our blog post here
can we trade this coin now

Tokensale starts 29 Nov. We'll be looking to list on an exchange shortly thereafter.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
can we trade this coin now
I'm guessing you guys are partnering with the big marketplaces? Amazon, ebay, etc?

No, it's unlikely we'll be signing any marketplaces this early. Marketplaces have no interest in disclosing reputation data -- we take the opposite approach. There may be synergies down the line, but our initial focus is squarely on getting independent sellers onboard.
I see. I'll be looking forward to that announcement then.
I'm guessing you guys are partnering with the big marketplaces? Amazon, ebay, etc?

No, it's unlikely we'll be signing any marketplaces this early. Marketplaces have no interest in disclosing reputation data -- we take the opposite approach. There may be synergies down the line, but our initial focus is squarely on getting independent sellers onboard.
what kind of partnership you have to backup this?
I would like to know about this please Smiley

Actually, we're already in closing talks with a few sellers; there may or may not be an announcement concerning that in the next week Smiley

Actually, we're already in closing talks with a few sellers; there may or may not be an announcement concerning that in the next week Smiley
We've done this sort of thing before -- we've signed up thousands of sellers on credit card processing as part of our previous work in White and Amazon's Payfort. We know what it takes to make sellers sign.
This is very interesting! I will take a look.
so you guys need to get accepted by different platforms and that was my main question what will make any other platform or big site take your verification system as 100% legit?

No, we don't need a marketplace to "approve" the addition of Verify to its platform. The Verify payment solution is added directly to the seller's website -- if we provide a compelling value proposition to sellers, then there's no reason they wouldn't want to promote Verify (vs. any other payment option). The more reputable the seller gets, the more they have to gain.

We've done this sort of thing before -- we've signed up thousands of sellers on credit card processing as part of our previous work in White and Amazon's Payfort. We know what it takes to make sellers sign.
Activity: 19
okay i have read some of links you posted and again what you offering is already out there in the form of localbitcoin paxful for buying and selling currencies and in the form of epay amazon for buying and selling items and many more sites almost every big marketplace site have this already built in and there is insurance too like in amazon
what your system offer different from the normal rating and comment system?

Thanks for going through these! There's a tactical difference, and there's a broader strategic difference.

Tactically, our entry strategy is through sellers. Sellers get:
1. Lower fees (1% vs up to 30% on Amazon)
2. Immediate payouts for sellers (vs. delayed payouts on practically every marketplaces in existance)
3. Reputation data on Verify is portable, and can be used on other platforms (so they aren't hostage to one company, see Uber/Amazon/etc)

Strategically, think about how amazon/ebay/etc are only available in certain jurisdictions: you can't do Paypal withdrawals in many places in MENA, and you can't really use Amazon's seller central there either. The blockchain democratizes access to payments, but you can't conduct commerce on top of a payments infrastructure alone: you need trust. Verify provides that trust.
now we start to get somewhere
the first 2 points is really good but i want to comment on number 3 which is without it the first 2 points is useless
so you guys need to get accepted by different platforms and that was my main question what will make any other platform or big site take your verification system as 100% legit?

Dude are you bashing for the sake of bashing or you actually know what you are saying? have you ever used any of those services you mentioned?

Paxful is for buying bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.
localbitcoin is to buy and sell bitcoins not trading goods and stuff.

the concept is the same i am talking about the rating system i am talking about buy/sell
hi dev, what i will get if i invest at your coin ? do you have some bonus or reward ? thanks

hey there, our second tokensale in 12+ months would be at a starting price that is at least double the current token price of $0.225/CRED. If you purchase CRED tokens now, then you do so because you believe the project has a reasonable chance at success. If it does succeed, the token price can only go one way: up.
Pages:
Jump to: